2nd GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season Over!)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,414 comments
I hope the invites are sent out soon lol.
Also, what times are people getting? I haven't had any practice all week (apart from once in light rain), so I am a bit worried that I may not get a good enough result to stay in front of Shaggy here :(

I've been able to consistantly crack out 1'10s with some good 1'09s twice a race. Finally found a good braking point for Turn 1.

Last edited:
I'm getting a little worried now. Ardius still hasn't sent us the password. Should we start to think up a solution just in case he forgets?

I'm getting a good rhythm to the track now and can consistently run low to mid 1:10's :) with a sprinkling of 1:09's :sly: I have got good braking points for all the turns now it's just a matter of hitting those points every lap :lol: Like most tracks there are several keys to a fast lap at Indy, for me it's the apexes of turns 4, 7 and 11 as well as the braking points ;)

I'm getting a good rhythm to the track now and can consistently run low to mid 1:10's :) with a sprinkling of 1:09's :sly: I have got good braking points for all the turns now it's just a matter of hitting those points every lap :lol: Like most tracks there are several keys to a fast lap at Indy, for me it's the apexes of turns 4, 7 and 11 as well as the braking points ;)

Yeah I am in the mid 1:10s as well, with some 1:11s when I screw up T1 and the final exit before the straight, haven't cracked 1:09s without a draft. I think since this track is so wide open and fairly easy to stay penalty free, it could stay pretty tight and an emphasis on pits and your in/out laps and staying out of trouble. Practicing now if anyone sees this. 👍

I really hope people take it easy at turn one and the straight towards it. Please remember the lag bubble, if you come even within a metre of another car side by side, there is a serious danger that you can have an incident. Just give each other loads of space or else turn 1 is gonna be messy.

PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION

Yes, especially after Montreal. I really do hope for a nice, clean race and it probably will be now that I won't have pole lmao.

Apologies to shaggy on lap one, I got a good draft on you around the banking, went for the inside line but just tapped you, was kinda hard because you were swerving a bit on my screen, although I'm sure that's just the lag, because everyone was swerving accross my screen.

Was happily out infront about half way round and remained there, cocked up the 2nd stop though, 12 seconds.

Good race.

Fastest lap 1.09.697

I had a good race. I qualified 4th, which was no surprise to me, but managed to keep on the tails of the people in front of me, trying to be careful every time we got to turn 1 as I kept slip streaming.
Ahead of me a few laps in I saw an accident on the final straight between LewyOs and Shaggy, so me and King were then put into 1st and 2nd, only to have me accidentally ram into the back of him on turn 1 (SORRY KING!).
King remained in first place, but Shaggy then took 2nd and after the first lot of pit stops, I was back down in 4th place.
I'm not really sure what happened after that, but the race got close again, and I was somehow in second. I think Shaggy and King had collided. So then I just tried to keep the car on the road from there and happily finished in second :D, especially as I only made one mistake.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid track.

I start on pole by setting a 1:09.9 without any draft. At turn one I feel a tap from behind by LewyOs but kept the nose facing forwards. I get overtaken by LewyOs who sits in my draft on the main straight (how unpredictable that was) at the end of lap 1 and get taken out. LewyOs lets me through and I'm down to third. I set a fastest lap of 1:09.8 but with draft and yet this is swiftly followed by LewyOs beating that time with a 1:09.7.

I'm chasing down Kakundoo and Kingmart1n when I see they tangle in front, I go round the outside of Kakundoo at turn 4 and set my sights on Kingmart1n in first. I chase him down and we overtake each other several times on the main straight and into turn 1 for about 3 laps in succession in a slipstream battle before the first pit stop. I am about 4 tenths behind him as we go into the pits but we emerge from them at precisely the same time and I win out marginally going into turn 1, to lead the race once again. But then soon enough Kingmart1n tapped me trying to catch me at turn 7 and this time I spin 180 degrees. Marty waits for me to pass but Kakundoo and LewyOs have already passed. This leaves me in third and with roughly a 3 second cap to close on Kakundoo.

I do my best, setting a succession of low 1:10 laps without any draft and yet I see I'm only closing the gap to Kakundoo by a little bit each lap, who was clearly sitting In LewyOs draft. I also managed to maintain a gap of a couple of seconds to Kingmart1n. I get the gap down to about a second behind Kakundoo who dives into the pits a lap before me, this was my chance. I put in a solid in-lap and dive into the pits full throttle but when the speed limiter kicks in the car spins (the same happens to Kingmart1n) but crashes me into the pit wall and instead of spawning me in the pitlane, I get put onto the track, utterly ruining my race. When I eventually get round to the pits again for some reason it puts the speed limiter on the moment I entered the pitlane losing me several seconds further. Had this not happened I may have been able to salvage third from Kingmart1n as even despite these set backs I finished just a couple of seconds behind him.

Seriously disheartening race. I've never raced so hard, and made so few mistakes but everything seemed to just go against me :(

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid track.

I start on pole by setting a 1:09.9 without any draft. At turn one I feel a tap from behind by LewyOs but kept the nose facing forwards. I get overtaken by LewyOs who sits in my draft on the main straight (how unpredictable that was) at the end of lap 1 and get taken out. LewyOs lets me through and I'm down to third.

At the start you pulled ahead of me a fair bit, I braked nice and early and made the apex, but saw you run wide, I was a good 2-3 metres behind you going into turn 1.

NTSC UPDATE

I'll put up a separate room for Final warmups at about 7:30 pm EST tonight.

Final USGP Practice is up.. NTSC password is Brickyard... you will see it @FastDuck... Parents live in Foley, AL so very cool! :D --- Randy

Last edited:
I've got some unfortunate news; My Logitech DFP just bit the bullet :ouch:. It broke while I was practicing. I heard a bad noise as I was going through the tight left right. Now it makes a sickly beep sound, everytime I start up my PS3, with it plugged in. Frustrating is a big understatement.

I quickly drove over to the local Circuit City, which is going out of business, but all they had left was an older DF, and some logitech MOMO wheel. I'm gonna look online for another DFP tonite. I hope it gets here before next week. Now I kinda know how Lennon feels :irked:. Another big goose egg for me :indiff:.

Hope you guys have an uneventful/enjoyable race, and I hope I can race you guys in France next week.

Sorry to hear that Lofasz , at least it was not the PS3 :nervous:

NTSC GUYS

good luck out there tonight , I will check in later to see what happened with you all

Good job guys had a lot of fun with everyone even though it didn't turn out perfect!:crazy::ouch::dunce::grumpy: --- Randy:sly:

Well guys, I have to say Hemi did a fantastic job today. He gets pole and we battled twice for the lead. At the start, I had no idea what was gonna happen so I stuck tightly to the inside. I overshot turn one but from the noise I heard, it was a good thing I did. Chris came out of nowhere and actually kept up with me for a bit before I hit the afterburners.

ATTENTION NTSC Drivers

Starting at the next race, I will post a pic of the results for the rest of the season. Hopefully if a glitch occurs, we will know what happened before hand.

Nice race everyone, looks like it was a fairly clean race. VDub I saw you sliding in front of me going into t2, and I didn't hear or see any contact, so I hope nothing was my fault.

T11 got me twice. I was in 2nd or 3rd on the first lap and the rear just went out, same when I passed Kami for 5th with 3 laps to go, :ouch:. Nice racing there, that was fun :) Finally ran an accident free race with only 1 corner pen. Miraculous for Captain Slow. :dunce:

USGP RESULTS NTSC

POLE- HEMiata
Fast Lap - RACECAR

1) RACECAR - 11 pts
2)FastDuck - 8pts
3)HEMiata - 6pts
4)Mofongo273 5pts
5)Camikazi 4pts
6)sumpington 3pts
7)DaddyVDUB 2pts
8)ranhammerR32 1pt

Congrats RACECAR on Win and fast lap
Hemi good job as expected.:)

I qualifed well 3rd and practiced pretty well, I offer no excuses I just fumbled tonight. THANKS Hemi for picking up the team.

We Know why Lofasz was a no show, not sure about Formulanone? Dont think he has been online for a couple days.

Last edited:
Congrats to RC for the win and fast lap :) sorry I got pole from him or he would have had a trifecta :lol: I did hit someone as I was trying to lap them and I am sorry :guilty: I waited for them to re spawn and gave them the position before I lapped them cleanly, I hope that was the proper thing to do :indiff: of course not hitting him probably would have been best :lol: I finished P3 with a fast lap of 1:09.736 :)

Well i had a great qualification started at the back just like i had planned. One of these days ill b brave and really qualify and start up front looooool but for now ill continue as planned still too many incidents at start at turn 1. Great race RACECAR good job HEMI good job also to my new team mate good job stay with it and you'll get faster you showed good sportsmanship tonight letting faster guys go LAST TO SECOND ill take it

800px-Circuit_de_Nevers_Magny-Cours.svg.png

Not a huge fan of this track, but it should make for an interesting race.

Back