2nd GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season Over!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,414 comments
  • 146,575 views
800px-Circuit_de_Nevers_Magny-Cours.svg.png


Not a huge fan of this track, but it should make for an interesting race.

If you haven't run this track, take note it has some major shortcut penalties :indiff: so you really need to watch how much you use the curbs :nervous: lots of places to make mistakes also :ouch:
 
Any news on a dry or wet race?

Says on page 1 that it's gonna be wet. I don't see why it should be, I think maybe Monza and Interlagos could be wet for added spice. Just seems a bit pointless at Magny Cours.
 
Says on page 1 that it's gonna be wet. I don't see why it should be, I think maybe Monza and Interlagos could be wet for added spice. Just seems a bit pointless at Magny Cours.

Its not about being predictable ;)

Sounds like someone has practiced said wet races? :p
 
Its not about being predictable ;)

Sounds like someone has practiced said wet races? :p

Honestly I haven't it's just that Monza is just going to be a really stupid slipstream battle and it would be better to have rain whilst you're powering down the straights. As for Interlagos, light rain like we had at the end of last season would just be cool. I vote not to have rain at Magny Cours.
 
Well you can vote Shaggy, but I don't think that this is a democracy lol. Besides, I don't see the problem with a bit of light rain, it can't hurt can it? I like it because it always evens out the field a lot more.
 
Hmm, well I'll change it if the majority wants it changing, but otherwise the weather stays as it is. If I'm allowed one thing to be an annoying prick about, it'll be the weather. :p
 
Dry or wet race, I'm not bothered, as long as we get early clarification.
 
I dont understand this fetish about races where you cant SEE anything,if you guys want to do that in PAL have at it. I really dont think the NTSC guys want to fool with it.
 
I dont understand this fetish about races where you cant SEE anything,if you guys want to do that in PAL have at it. I really dont think the NTSC guys want to fool with it.

:dopey: DaddyVDUB for PRESIDENT!!! 👍
 
I fancy racing at France, put me down as a possible for this race.
 
Tested in France in the rain... it does rain in Magny Cours because I think the province of Nevers is in the south and it gets muggy down there so it might be like Florida in the summer... hot and chances of storms.... Randy
 
Bring on tha rain looooool DUCKS like water QUACK QUACK
 
I dont understand this fetish about races where you cant SEE anything,if you guys want to do that in PAL have at it. I really dont think the NTSC guys want to fool with it.
:dopey: DaddyVDUB for PRESIDENT!!! 👍
Of the GTMSA?:D
 
If there is still place in the PAL championship I'd probably be able to take part in Brazil, possibly even Japan. Of course if there is a full grid by that stage I'll not mess it up on anyone.
 
So rain or no rain for NTSC, going to run some laps tonight.
 
i don't mind doing it in the rain. need 2 know so i can get some practice in
 
In very ironic fashion, here is three onboard laps courtesy of Kimi Raikkonen:

As for the weather, I'm barely grasping this track as it is, I'd rather not have rain as it won't help out at all. Also, what times have you guys gotten(assuming some of you did it in the dry like me)? I managed to get in the 1'13s but it'll probably be turtoise speed at this point.
 
Last edited:
haha this looks awesome, if anyone wants to be in a team im def up for this.
 
In very ironic fashion, here is three onboard laps courtesy of Kimi Raikkonen:

As for the weather, I'm barely grasping this track as it is, I'd rather not have rain as it won't help out at all. Also, what times have you guys gotten(assuming some of you did it in the dry like me)? I managed to get in the 1'13s but it'll probably be turtoise speed at this point.
Nooooo the videoclip is removed due to rights!

And yes, I'm here for the cool onboard clips :)
 
Nooooo the videoclip is removed due to rights!

Would've gotten away with this if it hadn't have been for that meddling FOM:grumpy:


Let see them remove this:

 
In very ironic fashion, here is three onboard laps courtesy of Kimi Raikkonen:

As for the weather, I'm barely grasping this track as it is, I'd rather not have rain as it won't help out at all. Also, what times have you guys gotten(assuming some of you did it in the dry like me)? I managed to get in the 1'13s but it'll probably be turtoise speed at this point.

Magny Cours is probably one of my best tracks (in the dry at least, in the wet it's an unknown for me) and I managed a 1:12.3 with some draft and a best of 1:12.7 without. Consistently hitting sub 1:13.5's but that's all irrelevant now due to the sodding weather.
 
Outlaps at Magny are around 1 second faster if you get it right.
 
haha this looks awesome, if anyone wants to be in a team im def up for this.

For PAL region that is.

Ok, you can replace Jimmy Dickinson at Lotus then, seeing as he hasn't turned up yet at all.

I see you're an Aussie, are you ok with the start times? They'll be early morning for you? We were going to start an Aussie/NZ championship a few months back, but the interest wasn't there, so unfortunately the PAL side is European-centric for start times.
 
Why does nobody ever join Jaguar? lol. I have only had a team mate in two races so far. How am I meant to contend for the Constructors with one driver! lol.
 
Back