Thunder & lightning race garage - home of the brave

• Thread starter Marchbrown
  • 168 comments
Subaru '07, Suzuka 650PP - 2'04.998

By no means a special lap, but with my tuning and sixaxis capabilities it's the fastest I've done in free run so far.

Weight 85%
Tyres R3/R2
Power (to 650PP)
Ride height -45/-42
springs at 4/4
damper 3/3,
toe -0.08/+0.12
camber 1.5/1.2
brake balance 6/6
Torque split 45/55
Turning angle 45
TC =1
ABS =1

1st 3.131
2nd 2.195
3rd 1.699
4th 1.337
5th 1.096
6th 0.917
Fin 4.318

Also managed a 2'04.373 in slipstream.

EDIT: Improved tyre setup, gives much nicer turn in along with the 45 degree angle.

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Looking to pick up any racers for the team? I'm still looking for one.

EDIT: Never mind, me and Hamilton are going to start up our own team... :)

Last edited:
Its true that the T&L Team have not been putting in as much time as before.This is due in part to the going ons of life,the new year has brought with it new things for members of the team,from work to moving and of curse new games that people got for xmas.We still have a team meet every week, which is how we come up with new fun events for us to do,so watch this space:)

Good to see you have not split up nor walked away 👍

Quite the opposite actually :D

As you can see in the Evora hotlap leaderboard, a T&L tune and driver walked away with the title again.

And you know I'm always around spamming the forums and chat rooms..

All the best
Maz

We would all like to welcome a new member to the Thunder & Lightning race team community, someone we've been interested in inviting for a long time now and have all raced very well and closely with in the past.

He's fast, a great guy, super-clean racer and a very active member of the community who most of you will know very well:

GTP_JvM from Finland, welcome to T&L, we're honoured to have you on board. :cheers: :D 👍

We will now leave it up to Jukka to post some info about himself and introduce himself properly as part of the race team.

All the best
Maz

A big welcome to JVM. His proven his racing abilitys for a long time and is considered by all the T&L members to be a great, clean and fast driver with a real racing heart.

A big welcome to a new edition to our team. Members of the T&L garage has raced this great driver lots of times. His tunes is excellent and has been used by some of the T&L members. Adam joins John in the american branch of the T&L crew. We're all stoked to have Adam on board.

A THUNDER & LIGHTNING EVENT
MIAMI VICE vs TRANSFORMERS

SUZUKA 550PP - FERRARI 512BB - S3 - xx:15/35/55
==ONE WEEK ONLY==

105.jpg

= = VS = =

2112wyv.jpg

THE RULES

mv_logo.jpg

WHITE 512BB
BLACK 512BB

pdSTTFM0001.jpg

RED 512BB
YELLOW 512BB

THE TUNE

WEIGHT: 86%
TYRES: S3 / S3
RH: -26 -19
SPRINGS: 5 6
DAMPERS: 4 5
TOE: -0.06 +0.11
CAMBER: 1.4 1.6
BRAKE: 6 5
TURNING ANGLE: 42
1: 2.969
2: 2.032
3: 1.541
4: 1.239
5: 1.027
F: 3.595

THE STORY

The Thunder & Lightning Race Team presents: A clash of the 1980s Titans for one week only (subject to participation and interest, this could be extended)

As some of you may remember, Miami Vice was a popular 80s TV show in the US where Don Johnson and Phillip Michael Thomas starred as two Metro-Dade Police detectives working undercover in Miami. The show was of course well known for fashion, music and cars. The two most memorable cars the detectives had were a black Ferrari Daytona Spyder and the iconic white Ferrari Testarossa. In the spirit of these two classic Ferraris, they will be represented in this race event by the similarly classic 1976 Ferrari 512BB in WHITE and BLACK. [SOURCE]

During the 1980s The Transformers were one of the most popular cartoons and toylines in the world, leading to the recent Revenge Of The Fallen Transformers movie becoming the 9th biggest grossing film of all time. During 1985 one of the mailaway Transformers available in the US and Japan was a red Ferrari 512BB named "Overdrive". This toy was also originally prototyped for a toyline called "Diaclone" in yellow, but was also only available in red. However, in reference to the red Transformer Autobot "Overdrive" and the original yellow prototype, those drivers representing this side of the fight will drive the Ferrari 512BB in RED and YELLOW. [SOURCE]

bbcat1.jpg

Last edited:
picture.php

WHOS IN AND WHOS OUT??

T&L Race night.

picture.php

650pp S2s - LOTUS ELISE 111R/ GT Tuned

IN:

Adam
John
Maz
Jukka
Kai
Warren
Jon

Out:

picture.php

Last edited:
THUNDER & LIGHTNING vs KOR

Wednesday 20th May - Suzuka 650PP - Amuse S2000

jq6s07.jpg

KOR_RedSkull
KOR_Blackheart
KOR_BobbyCar
KOR_Tyrant
KOR_Kulan-Gath

vs

GTP_marchbrown
GTP_fairplay_plz
GTP_Graffen
GTP_Theewar
GTP_JvM
GTP_Synwraith
GTP_PrudentBear

THE STORY

Wednesday night, 20th May, saw the first in a series of epic and titanic battles between the Thunder & Lightning Race Team and the enigmatic KOR racers. Originally both sides had more racers lined up to take part but GTP_Tzayad, GTP_stealthwinnr, GTP_mr_geez, KOR_Hellrazor, KOR_Quicksilver, KOR_Kingpin and KOR_Joker had real life issues that kept them away from the battle this time.

KOR were sporting their usual black team colours, while T&L were in their trademark puke bright green best.

The first few races saw intense battles up front between GTP_Theewar, KOR_BobbyCar, KOR RedSkull, GTP_marchbrown and GTP_fairplay_plz while slightly further back GTP_Synwraith and KOR_Blackheart were falling over each other. Props must go to KOR_Tyrant for waiting for me in the first race so many times despite the severe battering we all received from various swarms of devil-cursed Clios.

Further races saw the emergence of KOR_RedSkull as the flagship KOR racer of the night, winning his fair share of battles and races, always fast and close between the best of T&L and KOR, with GTP_Theewar and Fairplay_Plz shining particularly brightly. KOR_Blackheart and Kulan-Gath upheld the KOR legend's reputation as fast, clean, courteous racers that need no underhand tactics to find their way ahead.

By some incredible twist even GTP_Synwraith managed a race win after a cracking intra-team battle with GTP_Graffen, but we were as always closely shadowed by KOR_RedSkull. The level of patience shown by KOR_Blackheart in waiting for this particular team member after countless mistakes was commendable. I do believe we were lapped twice by lap 7!

I also don't think there is any other driver in the entire OLR community that I can drive closer with having complete trust than GTP_JvM. Having said that, on a few occasions all the KOR and T&L guys managed to survive a 5 or 6-wide experience into corners like turn 1 and Casio. Absolutely epic.

Other than not being able to race the fearsome KOR_Joker and KOR_Hellrazor, the biggest shame of the night was that the final race grid had something like 10 of us all finally getting to race each other at once...aaaand we all got disconnected.

After something like 4 hours of racing, it finally came to an end, with arguably honours even between the two teams despite the heavy numbers in our favour. The level of respect between both teams was awesome, and T&L left the night with a profound amount of admiration for all the KOR racers. This will not be the last chapter in the story of T&L vs KOR.

a2qeq0.jpg

All the best
Maz

Thunder & Lightning Achievements - Recent

- GTP_Theewar
WRS 48 Podium (3rd place Division 2, 8th overall)
WRS 47 Win (1st place Division 2, 3rd overall)
WRS 45 Podium (2nd place Division 2, 9th overall)
WRS 42 Podium (3rd place Division 2, 4th overall)
WRS 37 Podium (3rd place Division 2, 7th overall)
WRS 35 Podium (3rd place Division 2, 5th overall)
WRS 34 Podium (2nd place Division 2, 8th overall)
Event03 win vs GTP_LinPark
Event03 win vs GTP_Cohiba100

- GTP_JvM
Event 03 Division 2 - Bronze Podium
Stage 3 Event03 win vs GTP_DukeOfPendle
Stage 3 Event03 win vs GTP_DukeOfPendle
Stage 2 Event03 win vs GTP_Animera
Stage 2 Event03 win vs GTP_MJH
Event03 Runoff win vs GTP_TheDoctor46
Event03 win vs GTP_TheDoctor46
Event03 win vs GTP_andrewyhy

- GTP_Tzayed
Event03 win vs GTP_Calcifer
Event03 win vs GTP_FLASH48
WRS 28 (7th place Division 2, 13th overall)

- GTP_Synwraith
Promotion to Division 1 Silver
WRS 55 Win (1st place Division 1, 1st overall)
WRS 53 Podium (2nd place Division 1, 2nd overall)
WRS 51 Win (1st place Division 1, 3rd overall)
WRS 48 Podium (3rd place Division 1, 3rd overall)
WRS 46 Podium (2nd place Division 1, 8th overall)
Event 03 Division 2 - Runner-up
Promotion to Division 1 Bronze
WRS 44 Podium (2nd place Division 2, 2nd overall)
Stage 3 Event03 wins vs GTP_PASM, GTP_DukeOfPendle, GTP_JvM
Promotion to Division 2 Gold
Stage 2 Event03 wins vs GTP_EDK, GTP_Fuzzy
WRS 32 Podium (2nd place Division 2, 7th overall)
Event03 wins vs GTP_Calcifer, GTP_Sauber-F1, GTP_Tzayed

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Recent achievements updated to reflect WRS and event 03 happenings 👍

All the best
Maz

Best to get you all here.
When you guys left those P****s in the name of clan Ov3r I stayed as I wanted to see them get battered. Well they got absolutly battered in the next game. 1 guy on the opposite team got 71 kills with zero deaths. If you could remember one of them saying that he was going to nuke us but guess what they got nuked and they started to cry that the other team cheated.
Apologies as it's not related to GT5 nut had to be shared so posted here.

Best to get you all here.
When you guys left those P****s in the name of clan Ov3r I stayed as I wanted to see them get battered. Well they got absolutly battered in the next game. 1 guy on the opposite team got 71 kills with zero deaths. If you could remember one of them saying that he was going to nuke us but guess what they got nuked and they started to cry that the other team cheated.
Apologies as it's not related to GT5 nut had to be shared so posted here.

:lol::lol::lol:too bad i didn´t see or hear it:P:

thx again ;)
:cheers:

Joined you guys by accident last night on MW2.... I decided to join Mr_V's session and ran into all of you and UK86ze... Thanks for the rounds guys, even though I got owned a bit :lol: 👍

The crew of T&L house

We´re back - and Im looking for some interest doing some new T&L events.
As you probably remember we used to have T&L race nights wednesdays 20.00 GMT. Im gonna make a poll to decide if we should stick with this timeframe or if we should adapt to something different. What Ill need is some suggestions on race times from you all. Please post your suggestion in this thread.

Suggestions:

Mr Hun: Saturdays
Mr Flash: Every day, every time
Mr Brown: wednesdays 20.00 GMT every other saturday 21.00 GMT

All the best
Fearless leader
March

Mr Huns answere:

where's the poll? What are the options?

About day:I suggest Saturdays, weekdays are more difficult at least for me.

About hour: maybe we need to hear from John (Flash) and Adam (Tzayed) the USA T&L members are the ones living in time zones very different from each other and VERY different from all others (the european ones).

My request: I would like a championship season of 1 or two monthly races, either closed to T&L drivers only, or open to invitees (one per team member would be cool, but I'm not sure this is possible with the 16 player constraint).

Anyway, just racing regularly between us will be fun, so whatever you come up with I'm in

Last edited:
the SLIDE RIDE DERBY
- the battle that never happened - Saturday 15.01.11

picture.php

XJ13 Race car ´66
524* Bhp/7500rpm - 998kg - MR

The development of the XJ13, although treated seriously by the designers, was never a priority for company management (despite assistant MD Lofty England's Le Mans success in the 1950s), and became less so following the 1966 merger with BMC. By that time Ford had developed the 7.0 litre GT40, and so the XJ13 was considered obsolete by the time the prototype was complete. The prototype was tested at MIRA and at Silverstone, which confirmed that it would have required considerable development to make it competitive. The prototype was put into storage and no further examples were made. Only one was ever produced. The car has not been officially valued, but a £7 million ($11 million) bid for it was declined by the owners in 1996.[1]

GT40 Race car ´67
502* bhp/6500rpm - 998kg - MR

The car was named the GT (for Grand Touring) with the 40 representing its overall height of 40 inches (1.02 m, measured at the windshield) as required by the rules.
The Ford GT40 was a high performance sports car and winner of the 24 hours of Le Mans four times in a row, from 1966 to 1969 (in 1967 with a different body, though). It is so far the only car, built by an American company, to win overall at this prestigious event. It was built to win long-distance sports car races against Ferrari (who won at Le Mans six times in a row from 1960 to 1965).

The idea of a mid-engined prototype was first mooted in 1960, but it was not until 1965 that construction began, with the first car running by March 1966. The aluminium body was designed by Malcolm Sayer, the aerodynamicist responsible for the Jaguar C-type, D-type, E-type and XJS, who used his Bristol Aeroplane Company background to build it using techniques borrowed from the aircraft industry.
The XJ13 had mid-engine format with the 5.0 litre V12 engine mounted behind the driver, used as a stressed chassis member together with the five-speed manual ZF Transaxle driving the rear wheels.

Mark IV Race car ´67
513* bhp/6500rpm - 1000kg - MR

Early cars were simply named "Ford GT". The name "GT40" was the name of Ford's project to prepare the cars for the international endurance racing circuit, and the quest to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The first 12 "prototype" vehicles carried serial numbers GT-101 through GT-112. The "production" began and the subsequent cars, the MkI, MkIIs, MkIIIs, and MkIVs, numbered GT40P/1000 through GT40P/1145, were officially "GT40s". The name of Ford's project, and the serial numbers dispel the story that "GT40" was "only a nickname."

http://www.streetfire.net/video/ford-gt40-1967-lemans-win_76598.htm

Time: Saturday 15.01.11 at 21:00 GMT
Track: Nordscleife 05.00
Weather: You'll never know until raceday

Start time: 20:30 GMT (qualifying)
Duration: 8 laps ~ roughly 1 hr 15 minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 2 & 7
Cars: Jaguar XJ13 VS Ford GT40 VS Ford Mark IV
Tires: Racing hard

* BHP is set after making oil change
* NO AIDS X ABS 1 *
* NO PARTS FROM TUNING SHOP *

PARTICIPANTS

Flash48 AKA John: Jaguar XJ13
JvM AKA Jukka: Ford GT40
Hun200kmh AKA Mario : Ford GT40
Marchbrown AKA Jon: XJ13 in Norwegian pink or GT40 in overdrive
Graffen AKA Bjørn: XJ13
Uk86ze AKA Matt: XJ13
Theewar AKA Warren: XJ13 in Irish green
Mr_Gees AKA Mac: XJ13
Stealthwinner: XJ13
Fair play please AKA Kai: GT40

WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION

Prudentbear
Tzayad
Jjasli - nope gonna be a family man not a racer saturday
Synwraith
Aldo

RESULTS and RACE POINTS

The T&L 2011 season has just started and the first of hopefully manny T&L events are just around the corner. And for some points is the ultimate answer in life. In the name of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy the answer is already set - its 42 but - we do it serious. This is the points from the norwegian jury:

1st - JUKKA 16 T&Ls
2nd - WARREN 15 T&Ls
3rd - JON 14 T&Ls
4th - RUNE 13 T&Ls
5th - JOHN 12 T&Ls
6th - MARIO 11 T&Ls
7th - MATT 10 T&Ls
8th - KAI 9 T&Ls

BJØRN - 0 T&Ls
ALDO - 0 T&Ls

Points can be claimed after race 1: The slide ride derby

THE AFTER MATCH RACE

Saturday 15.01.11
Start time aprox: 22:30 GMT (qualifying 10 min)
Duration: 7 laps ~ roughly 25 minutes of driving + qualifying*
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 2 & 6
Cars: Jaguar XJ13 VS Ford GT40 VS Ford Mark IV
Tires: Racing hard

* Its a guess and nothing else

- BHP is set after making oil change
- NO AIDS X ABS 1 *
- NO PARTS FROM TUNING SHOP *

RESULTS

1st Warren
2nd Rune
3rd Jon
4th Kai

NEXT IN LINE - RACE WEDNESDAY

Time: wednesday 19.01.11 at 20:00 GMT - 1 hour qualifying
Track: MC or AR version ........
Weather: Sunny only

Duration: 4 laps ~ roughly ....hr ...... minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 2 & 3
Cars: BMW 2002 Turbo vs Golf I GTI vs Lancia Stratos road version
Tires: Sport

* 200 BHP LIMIT
* NO AIDS X ABS 1
* ENGINE PARTS FROM TUNING SHOP OK UNTIL BHP LIMIT 200

According to Top Gear's highly spurious and questionable scientific knowledge, playing car racing games for hours makes you an 88 per cent better human being. And a better driver.

Last edited:
For non 24hr people 20:00GMT would be 08:00pm GMT correct? That would make it 11:00am here if correct. All i have is the Jag, so stock hp other than oil change right? Also not sure what track NS is. So if i have the time correct i will be there, when i fined out what NS means.

Hey John :)

Yeah 20.00 is 8pm, and NS means Nordschleife most probably. 👍

I definitely try to be in at saturday. :cool:

Back