4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
Bahrain with rain would be silly anyway :P

:lol:

Can I join again guys, when is the first race?

Hi,

Yes sure you can, the first race will be Friday night at 11:00PM, race details can be found on the first page.

Did you want to join Arrows Grand Prix with Ardius, or do you want to create your own team ? Alternatively you do not need to be in a team, just join the race and enjoy 👍

Thanks.

Can't wait for the race :D especially if it goes anything like the last one. Hopefully get a nice Brawn 1-2 to start the season off right 👍

I might give the pub a miss tonight and be focused on a great race tonight

Do like me and have a pint while you race :D That way you can stay "loose".............. and we all know that loose is fast :lol:

Just remembered why I stopped playing this game following just picking it up for a half hour or so. I won't be racing tonight or in the series, hope y'all have fun.

Lack of feedback. Just can't feel what the car is doing. More exacerbated now given I'm used to rFactor/Prologue more now, than I was.

Yeah, thats true, shame that you can't enjoy the game regardless though, but ah well. I've never had a problem switching from Prologue or anything else like Ferrari Challenge but then I'm still a pad-man. But even so, I think its more to do with getting used to it - I did struggle initially swapping from different games but I've found practicing for a couple of hours gets me back in the groove ok nowadays.

I qualified 5th which is where i thought i would finish. Heading into the first corner a few people went wide so i was up to 3rd behind brawn. I knew it would be hard keeping up with them as i don't really like this track but i tried anyway. I was holding duck off the gap was between 2-3 second but i pitted early on the second stop and hit the back tyres early. Lucky for me when duck came out of the pits he was still 2-3 seconds away so i kept me pace up and finished 3rd.
Great race everyone.

Last edited:
Really good racing tonight guys, it was very enjoyable :)

Qualified a good 3rd on the grid :) and got an okay start, but Duck got an amazing one. Down into turn 1 I was up into second I believe after Hemi and Duck overshot, which left me behind Gyles.
This battle went on for almost half the race XD, the slipstream kept me within his grasp as he was a good few tenths quicker than me, even though I had managed to get my time down by about half a second per lap since last week, which i'm glad I did otherwise I may not have got 2nd place tonight.
I made a couple of errors which took me out of Gyles' slipstream and I thought I might be able to gain some ground in the pit stops but it unfortunately never happened :/
After the second round of pit stops I was pushing even harder than I was the whole race and managed to gain a couple of seconds on Gyles, but I think he was just making sure he didn't make any errors.

Awesome race though and i'm very pleased with 2nd, especially when Brawn GP get a 1-2 finish. I'm even more pleased that we won in a dominant fashion :), hopefully there are more results like this to come.

Great racing Gyles :D

This was one of my hardest races I have ever had.

I just about got pole from Hemi who did a fantastic job to get onto the front row and squeezing my team mate down to 3rd. The top 5 on the grid where just over a second of each other and this prooves we had a competitive grid 👍

Off to a good start and Hemi over shot the first turn, I look into my mirrors and I see Kak right behind me :) I tried my best to shake off Kak but he was having none of it and 5 laps into the race Kak took the lead and pushed out the fastest lap, after I had made an error up the hill and was feeling the pressure.

After the first round of pitstops I had closed in on Kak and a few laps later managed to pull out a 2-3 second lead. But again Kak came back and pushed me to the finish line finishing a few seconds behind me.

A great 1-2 finish for Brawn, but it's far from over, with the likes of Hemi, Duck and King showing great pace I believe any 5 of us could have won at Bahrain 👍

Thanks to all for showing up, we had 9 on the grid.

Here are the results and I will write up the points table later on today to the first page.

Fastest Lap:-

fishfash - 1:29.548

Last edited:
After seeing the action you guys' have had this and last season, and since my copy of F1:CE came in today, i would like to join in the Championship. I'll be playing a lot to get my skills up, although just being a part of this is sweet enough. So, if I can join, see you all in the next round!

Sorry to ear about that SB. Well, now I need a teammate. Anyone want to join me at Andrea Moda?

After getting kicked on the quali launch I had to quickly jump back in in "late join" meaning I only got 1 qualifying lap (first lap was started by AI so my time didnt count) on lap 2 I had a little spin which gave me the 1.37 time, 3rd qualifying lap wasn't finished due to time limit so 1.37 stood.

I got a good start and was rather consistant for the first several laps, setting my fastest lap for the race on lap 2 or 3 (1:34.221)[which i believe is due to drafting and generally being near faster drivers which i think helps my driving] Anyway I was with pj and Ardius for these first few laps but then Ardius dissapeared over the horizon and after the first pit stop PJ spun so (after following him closely for a few laps) i lead him for a couple of laps before making a huuge mistake,followed by another in the space of a couple of laps. I then pushed far too hard for the remainder of the race spinning every few laps so I could never really reel PJ in. During the second pitstop the AI went past and I spent the last 5 laps reeling him in and was about to take him at the line.But ah well.

Next race I think I'll do a fair bit of practice for and I plan on challenging PJ and maybe even Ardius. Very good start to the season

I was quite pleased with that result, considering the last time I was racing people like Gyles, I was being lapped, so finishing the race un-lapped is a nice achievement.
Qualifying went ok, didn't take too much risk and just got a time set.
I got an ok start but fell behind at the first corner as I took my braking a little too carefully with cold tyres. However, when it came to turn 3, I suddenly moved up to 4th place behind Zeroduck after almost the whole field went wide on cold tyres! I stayed in 4th for a couple of laps but then I had to go and make the mistake of taking a corner to early and hitting the inside kerb and spinning the car...which also sent me into the turn 1 inside gravel and slapped me a huge 18 second penalty :indiff:

I then proceeded to make similar mistakes all night - I'll blame the time of day for that :P Although, bizarrely, the last race I did with Hemi and duck I managed to keep up somewhat with Zeroduck and run consistent laps...and it was at a circuit I'm normally horrible for speed and consistencey - Suzuka. I don't get that at all.

Anyway, for the rest of Bahrain, I trundled around catching PJ and Scoop and then attempting to catch GINTY who was 20 seconds or so ahead of me. I was disappointed not to have at least made a battle for 4th place but I'm happy with a 7th considering how much I'm off the pace.

I set my fastest lap around lap 19 or 20, which was a 1.31'9, a whole second off my qualifying time! I guess that showed how little practicing I did before the race :lol:

Last edited:
Great racing guys 👍 Well, I had a good lap in Q3 that put me P2 on the grid just 3 tenths off fishfash's pole........and it went down hill from there :lol: I went too deep in turn 1 and then spun in the esses :ouch: and then it gives me a penalty getting back on track :grumpy: all this on the first lap :scared: I spun in the esses again on lap 2 :banghead: all this put me back about 15 seconds so I'm dead last and lost the slipstream :yuck: I did manage to work my way back into the points and finish P5 :sly:

After seeing the action you guys' have had this and last season, and since my copy of F1:CE came in today, i would like to join in the Championship. I'll be playing a lot to get my skills up, although just being a part of this is sweet enough. So, if I can join, see you all in the next round!

Hi,

Yes sure you can join in, details are on the front page. The Championship is limited to the PAL version of F1CE though.

You can join PJ-FFL at Andrea Moda if you are interested.

Sorry to ear about that SB. Well, now I need a teammate. Anyone want to join me at Andrea Moda?

Hi PJ-FFL,

Do you really want to keep Andrea Moda as your team name :lol:

I just wanted to let yall know , one of mine and Hemi's friends that we raced F1 with died this past week in Brazil, He used the name DOCTORBEN and DOCTORSIX on GT5 and F1CE, he was a great friend of mine , we talked every week on the phone, i just found out yesterday , actually the msg came during our race last nite, when i saw that msg come up during the race it broke my concentration for the remainder of the race. I will be pushing harder than ever before, in the remainder of our races as i would like to Honor my friend with the best racing that i can. Rest in Peace DOCTORBEN.

PJ-FFL,

Do you really want to keep Andrea Moda as your team name :lol:

Yea, it's for the lolz, I'll certainly not do that bad :lol:

Cashbroke, welcome aboard to Andrea Moda, add me on PSN, it's pj-gm. I'll be happy to do some practice sessions with you today online.

Hi,

Yes sure you can join in, details are on the front page. The Championship is limited to the PAL version of F1CE though.

You can join PJ-FFL at Andrea Moda if you are interested.

I am interested, but i belive i have a NTSC copy of the game. Just my luck. Just to make sure that i can still race with you guys, maybe a test race with some of you is in order?

Back