4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

Discussion in 'F1 Championship Edition' started by fishfash, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Peter

Peter (Banned)

You will need a PAL copy to race online. There are copies on ebay.

2. Clark

Clark Premium

I just got into this again today. Got room for me?

I wish it would let me use the RS01 online...

3. Ardius

Ardius

Aw man, I remember him, he turned up for the 2nd championship on the NTSC side and was one of the regulars for a bit, managing some decent rules at first. I actually thought he might have been a title contender early on.
    I never talked to him, only through benoni2 did I have any kind of correspondance. Its especially sad as I've just read back in that thread and benoni mentions he was only in his fourties!
    Sorry to hear that, duck. RIP. :(

4. fishfash

fishfash

Really sorry Duck, and may he RIP.

Sorry, you will need a PAL copy, the NTSC online went down last year.

Hi,

Yes sure you can join, please read the first page, you can team up with PJ-FFL or choose your own team.

5. Peter

Peter (Banned)

Well Crashbroke doesn't have a PAL copy, so I still need a teammate. Duffers you're welcome to join Andrea Moda(ignore the name :lol:). Add me on PSN. It's pj-gm, and we can do some practice tonight.

6. Clark

Clark Premium

I'm just going to bed, what's the car choice situation by the way?

7. HEMIata

HEMIata Premium

There is no way to tell by looking at the box as there is no indicating markings. The easiest way to tell is by playing the game you have. If the first thing you see when the disk in loading is a "language menu" then you are probably good but to be sure, make you a profile and try to log on and play. If you can't then you have the wrong version :(

8. kingmart1n

kingmart1n

Sorry to hear that duck. I think random weather could make to many races wet so i'm in vote in gyles picking the weather maybe putting on the first page what the weather will be on each race from now.

9. Peter

Peter (Banned)

I don't think it's fair that Kak and fish are on the same team :lol:. They're the 2 fastest peple, they're gonna be getting constant 1-2's.

10. Kakundoo

Kakundoo

Oh man, that's terrible :( R.I.P DOCTORBEN.

11. FastDuck

FastDuck

If any of you guys are interested you can read about Doc at ( GTBR.COM.BR )

12. Scoop2004

Scoop2004

Agreed, the constructors title is going to be absolutely NO COMPETITION unless of course kak and fish never attend??

Maybe the teams should be arranged in that the best driver and worst driver are togather,then the second best is teamed with the second worst (10th) 3rd with 9th, 4th with 8th, 5th with 7th and so on

13. Peter

Peter (Banned)

Yeah, something like that. Or just a rule that the 2 best people can't be on the same team.

14. Kakundoo

Kakundoo

What do you mean "No competition"? Both Team Redneck and Red Bull have a great chance as well! So what, me and Gyles had a good race, but it doesn't mean that we will have the same result every single race.

Oh and is the weather sunny for Sepang or random?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  15. Ardius

Ardius

Check the 1st page Kak ;)

16. Peter

Peter (Banned)

Brawn won both the practice race and the real race, the only reason the practice wasn't a 1-2 as well was probably because Gyles didn't qualify that race and started from the back.

Sepang is sunny.

17. Kakundoo

Kakundoo

I don't know why I didn't check that straight away anyway lol.

Both those 1-2s were in Bahrain. Doesn't necessarily mean that we will win all the other races. For example, I suck at Catalunya :p

18. fishfash

fishfash

Guys,

Front page has been updated with the results table.

I am happy to move to another team, but as I mentioned in my race report any of the top 5 finishers at Bahrain could have won that race.

Let's see how it goes.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  19. Ardius

Ardius

I don't think team changes are necessary, its meant to be for fun and the points thing is just an additional interesting part to give some reason for people who aren't up there on the pace to race, as they can end up fighting for 4th or whatever.
    Also, not everyone is going to turn up at every race, so I don't think changing people about will necessarily change who wins the championship, and as Gyles said, its not just them that can win.

Nice tables Gyles :tup:

20. kingmart1n

kingmart1n

I'm happy with them being teammates and am hoping for a win myself this season and its possible for anyone to win.

21. fishfash

fishfash

Great thanks Ardius, hopefully we can have a strong turn out for every race :tup:

Yep, anyone can win this season, and I think you can do it this weekend King :)

22. kingmart1n

kingmart1n

Not to sure about that me and duck was having a few lap last night and it was far to close. I think the last race i won by 0.047 seconds.

23. Clark

Clark Premium

Hey PJ any chance of changing the team name to something more, ...French?

24. Ardius

Ardius

Not sure I'll make this weeks race, having the TV taken away to be repaired on the Friday and don't know if the rubbish SDTV I'm going to use in the meantime is up to the job. We shall see.

25. Peter

Peter (Banned)

Aww, but I like "Andrea Moda". French, as in, Renault or Peugeot?

26. Ardius

Ardius

I suggest Ligier, Prost, Matra, Talbot or Larrouse. :D
    But I think with a Renault avatar he doesn't mean Peugeot ;)

27. Clark

Clark Premium

I was thinking Matra. I was only joking though, it's your team so keep with what you want.

28. kingmart1n

kingmart1n

Went to practice earlier but ended up racing other people and ended up not doing sepang.:grumpy:

29. Ardius

Ardius

Just finished checking my SDTV works fine, all ok so should be able to make it tonight. Its not nice mind, think I may end up with a headache at the end of the night! :lol: Its not even a 16:9 TV, its a 4:3....
    Just did a brief practice around Sepang to check I can still see my braking points and I can run a decent lap still - all seems ok. I'm glad we aren't using collisions though! I won't be able to see or hear half of you!

At the very least I can say I won't be disappointed today whatever the result, as I don't expect much with this crappy tv.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  30. Kakundoo

Kakundoo

I think my times are way off to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised with a 5th or 6th place finish but I guess that's just the way it goes since I find it hard to get into a decent rhythm at Sepang.

Oh and Rob_101 may be joining in tonight if there is space?