GTPlanet Worldwide Time Attack Challenge Season 3 Final Week: Classic Honda Challenge

• Thread starter Glubags
  • 380 comments
Unfortunately for me, my PSP broke yesterday, from falling on the ground. The L button broke out and went somewhere, the R button is jammed in, the analog stick doesn't work anymore, it's basically opening up, you can look inside it, one of the speakers don't work anymore, and the power light doesn't come on anymore. I'll have to get it fixed, and that will e within probably a month or 2, when the money shows up. Looks like i'll have to sit this out :(.

Damn, that sucks PJ. :(

Great times as always, Pitch.

Just want to remind you guys that tomorrow is the deadline! For those of you not familiar with CST, I'm making this post at 8:20 AM CST on March 5th. Deadline is 11:59 PM CST March 6th, so be sure to get those pics and ghosts uploaded before the end of the day tomorrow! 👍

Small improvements

stock car : 1'27,935

race car : 1'17,372

Total : 2'45,307

PiTch_ :bowdown: Franchement, j'admire la performance ! Bien joué !

Big LOL : My new race car clean lap time : 1'17.592 !

So still have the unclean 1'17.590 on the records screen, but happy !!! ... and exhausted ! I spent almost 2 hours with short breaks every 20 laps on this combo (might be one answer for you slims : perseverance, determination, endurance... craziness ;)... And sometimes your fastest lap comes from nowhere and seems to be not so hard to do afterall ! But you can't do it again ! Well this is my case...)!

Thanks for the recalling us the deadline Glubags (GMT -6 which is 2 hours earlier than niigaki BUT only one hour earlier than last season for the deadline, right ?) I set the GTP time on GMT-6 to be sure (for those who want to do the same : User Control Panel > Edit Options > scroll to Date & Time Options > Time zone > GMT -6:00 ; once it done, CST time at the bottom of your pages !) !

Have a nice night / day !

Wow, looks like ill be playing for a good 2 hours today trying to get my stock car down to 1'27 to even get close to Pitch haha

Good luck niigaki 👍 !!! Me, I can't see 1'27 with the stock car...

Here are my times so far :
stock : 1'28.575
race : 1'17.565 !

overall : 2'46.140

I have to shave off those .140 in order to be in the 2'45.9xx ! Have to run the ''The Lawn Mower'' again !

Good luck to you all guys !

Last edited:
I shaved a little more time from my stock car but I can't figure out how Pitch did it. I also thought tonight was the last night for the challenge lol. Guess we have another day to finish this one up.

Just did a 1'28.437 with the stock and... unclean... the corner just after the tunnel, same unclean type I did before with the race car... and the thing is I ran a 1'28.509 just two laps before but thought I was on fire and decided to do 5 more laps before save the ghost... The noob ! Well, there is still some time !

Keep the good work niigaki, hope to see you in the 1'27.xxx !

Glubags, just before going into the tunnel on the right, crossing the white line with more than two tires is allowed right ???

Stock: 1'28.513

28513.jpg

Race: 1'17.752

17752m.jpg

Overall: 2'46.265

I ran a 1'28.205 for the stock and a 1'17.561 for the race, but both were a bit too far off the tarmac. Try as I might, I just couldn't replicate those times while doing the lap cleanly. Also, two days ago I developed a massive pain in my wrist and forearm while using my computer mouse. The pains are shooting and searing... and while it doesn't hurt as much to play the PSP (versus using a mouse), I do get the stabbing pains when upshifting with the R shoulder button. I sure hope I don't have to withdraw due to driver injury! LOL

The headlines would read, "Driver Retirement: Mouse To Blame".

lifting-weights-mouse.jpg

Last edited:
Stock : 1'27.935

Race : 1'17.163

Overall : 2'45.098

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8EB1915600.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B8EB1915601.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 8
Not my best effort but at least it is one. Work has been too hectic to give it... well anything else time really. All work and no play makes barny0111 something something. :crazy:. Anyway...... my times:

1'29.154

1'18.661

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B8EB1915602.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 6
  • UCES01245RPLY-B8EB1915603.zip
    54 KB · Views: 6
Stock: 1'28.517
picture.php
[/IMG]

Race: 1'18.138
picture.php
[/IMG]

Overall: 2'46.655

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8EB1915603.zip
    56.2 KB · Views: 6
    56.1 KB · Views: 6
Glubags, just before going into the tunnel on the right, crossing the white line with more than two tires is allowed right ???

I asked for this one cause the tarmac is wider there than the white lines : there is a big space between the white line and the red&white thing (can't found the right name, I found "vibrator", "vibror", "chopper ?"). So I usually don't cross -or when I do so, I kiss the wall !- but on this one I am just fine and then I saw the white line here... It is really at the entry and in the tunnel and I have always two tires on tarmac...

Glu will have to weigh in on this, but I don't think that would be allowed.

Well, in that case, I have to post two times because I won't be able to post after in the day, have to go ! Sorry about that !

Honda Jazz 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01 : 1'28.280
Spoon FIT Race Car '03 : 1'17.442

Overall : 2'45.722

OR, if crossing the line is not allowed :

Honda Jazz 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01 : 1'28.325
Spoon FIT Race Car '03 : 1'17.442

Overall : 2'45.767

I have a 1'28.181 with the stock car but pushed it too much, went too far from the tarmac !

So, it was a very great challenge ! Have a nice evening ! See you next challenge !

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B8EB1915601.rar
    53.1 KB · Views: 6
  • UCES01245RPLY-B8EB1915604.rar
    53.6 KB · Views: 6
  • UCES01245RPLY-B8EB1915605.rar
    53.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Wow, when I said I had no time for 99hp, I guess I wasn't kidding. I'm out of the stock championship, but I've just logged a 1:18.236 with the Spoon. I tried to photograph the PSP, but that was hopeless, so I'll have the file uploaded in a few minutes, soon as I look at the guide. :)

EDIT: Aaaand done. Wow, that is pretty painless.

Also: I hope I do have enough time for 98 hp! The old Hondas are the only ones I haven't bought yet; I'm playing through the game, with arbitrary rules about the order in which I purchase cars. Long story short, my garage is pretty. I hope I am indeed saving the best for last!

Attachments

52.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Yes, this is fine.

To be absolutely clear in the future, in portions of a track where the tarmac runs all the way against the wall, you may use as much of the tarmac as possible as long as you don't hit the wall. Don't worry about any lines in those cases.

Also, in some cases where there is a rumble strip or curbing against a wall, I'll allow you guys to use as much of that as possible without hitting the wall.

However, when the rumble strip/curb is the only thing between the tarmac and dirt/grass/gravel, you must keep at least two tires on the tarmac at all times (so you should have no more than two tires on the rumble strip/curb).

Hope this is clear!

Also, you guys seem to already be well aware, but I wanted to remind everyone that tonight is the last night to submit your times for Challenge 1, so get them in before 11:59 PM CST! Thanks to everyone who has participated! 👍

Edit: I updated the OP with clarification of this particular rule. Also, I noticed we have some new guys in our midst! Welcome to the competition guys! Hope to see you stick with it. :)

Last edited:
Wow, almost forgot to post! Here it is, my time with the Jazz isn't great. I was actually avoiding my psp because of that car.
laps002.jpg

laps001.jpg

Total - 2'46.771

Until next challenge!!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8EB1915601.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B8EB1915602.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Looks like I am out already, I got fixated on trying to rank in the top 100 with the Amuse/Opera Fairlady Z all last night on Suzuka East in GT5P, I lost track of time.

Hey guys, my C: drive died this morning so I've been getting everything back in order the past few hours. Very frustrating. I'll have everything updated before the day's over. Sorry for the wait!

Ok guys, got everything back up for the most part. Got all the times listed in notepad and I'm about to update the leaderboards.

I want to take a vote on a potential "Penalty" system for use from this point forward. The way it works, it will only affect competitors who miss the deadline for a challenge, thus allowing them to continue to compete in the standings.

The penalty time will start as the slowest submitted time for each class. Then I'll take the time difference between first and last place, divide it by two (rounding up), and add that time to the slowest time, which will give me the penalty time. Hard to explain, but it makes sense. Example:

Niigaki missed the deadline. In this case, the slowest submitted times for the Race and Stock cars are:

Race: 1'18.723
Stock: 1'29.284

The fastest times are:

Race: 1'17.163
Stock: 1'27.935

Now, for Niigaki's times, I'd find the difference between those:

Race: 0'01.560
Stock: 0'01.349

And divide each by two:

Race: 0'00.780
Stock: 0'00.675 (rounded up to nearest thousandth)

And add those to the slowest times to arrive at niigaki's penalty times:

Race: 1'18.723 + 0'00.780 = 1'19.503
Stock: 1'29.284 + 0'00.675 = 1'29.959

That way, if someone accidentally misses a deadline, they can remain in the championship, but will take last place for that specific challenge, and the "penalty" time added will depend upon you guys' performance.

Does this sound fair? Would you guys be in favor of instating this system to allow niigaki and others to compete in Challenge #2? Cast your votes. :) Yes or No.

I'll update the OP soon and post the new track. Thanks guys!

Back