GTPlanet Worldwide Time Attack Challenge Season 3 Final Week: Classic Honda Challenge

• Thread starter Glubags
  • 380 comments
My new Stock Car time is 1'29.261, it's very possible to hit into the 1'28's. I had a .400 lead and messed up out of the tunnel :(

@ Detroitbb

Thanks! but this is just the start, I am pretty sure a new Glubags will arise soon enough. French players, where you guys at?

Great job guys !!! I had a chance to run few laps with the stock car yesterday and you are right niigaki :

Honda JAZZ 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01 - 1'28.990 (can be improved, I don't know if it will be me though !)

EDIT : Just did 1'28.901 !

Last edited:
Hey guys ! Last update for today !

1'18.127 Spoon FIT Race Car '03
1'28.700 Honda JAZZ 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01

Niigaki, you are fast with the Spoon 👍 ! I have to spend more time with this one earlier than I thought !

Have a nice day Guys !

Last edited:
I improved both of my times late last night. The race auto only saw a minor improvement (easyblast and I are close; niigaki is WAY ahead of us both)... I saw a relatively large jump over my previous time for the stock version, though it wasn't easy.

My new times:

race - 1'18.181

stock - 1'28.579

overall - 2'46.760

I'm still hoping to break into the 1'17.xxx range for the race car, but I think it may be tough... I'm only knocking off hundredths of a second at a time; not tenths like I should be.

Wow I havnt posted for a while! I really like the format!
1'18.682 Spoon FIT Race Car '03
1'28.912 Honda JAZZ 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01
2'47.594 overall

Welcome back Allent2!! Are you getting Battlefield BC2 by chance ;) I always see you on the psn playing codmw2 haha.

Currently @

Spoon FIT Race Car '03 - 1'17.893
Honda JAZZ 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01 - 1'29.261

I won't lie, the Jazz sucks haha.

I improved both of my times late last night. The race auto only saw a minor improvement (easyblast and I are close; niigaki is WAY ahead of us both)... I saw a relatively large jump over my previous time for the stock version, though it wasn't easy.

My new times:

race - 1'18.181
stock - 1'28.579
overall - 2'46.760

I'm still hoping to break into the 1'17.xxx range for the race car, but I think it may be tough... I'm only knocking off hundredths of a second at a time; not tenths like I should be.

Well done with the stock car 👍👍!!!

I forgot my overall : 2'46.827 ! Detroitbb : 2'46.760 👍 ! I'm still hoping to break into the 1'17.xxx too ! To be optimistic, we still have few days to do so Detroitbb :sly: !

I'll try right now !

Just did 1'18.064 ! I think I found a way to be faster at one corner but I'll have to be "perfect" all way long which is not easy to do...

@niigaki : :bowdown:

@Detroitbb : Now my overall time is 2'46.764 :sly: ! Nose to nose !

BUT, lots of great drivers haven't said anything yet ! Where you guys at ??? We might have to wait till saturday to know it... Suspense...

EDIT : 1'17.997 !!!!

Last edited:
Finally had some time to spend playing, only tried the Spoon for an hour or so. Best time for me is 1'18.148. Still have to try the Mower.

BTW, anybody know how many contestants in this Season so far? Would be nice to see a list!

Hey pvr77 ! So far, if I may, I would say :

- akiraacecombat
- allent2
- barn0111
- Detroitbb
- dylansam
- EA11R
- easyblast
- Glubags (I hope)
- niigaki
- PJ-FFL
- psp88
- pvr77
- slims
- spintheworld

And hope to see :
- CaptCalvin
- KartRacer47
- PiTch_
- tdunster
- and the more the merrier !

Also I ran few laps :

Spoon FIT Race Car '03 - 1'17.980 and even if I found a way to improve, I am having a really hard time trying to catch up with sensei niigaki !!!

Honda JAZZ 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01 - still the same : 1'28.700 but tonight I have a go to play -my wife is working- so I'll try to catch up with Detroitbb who ran a 1'28.579 lap 👍 !

So far my overall : 2'46.680

Last edited:
Thanx for that list Easyblast, looking at all those players it would be cool to have some kind of team TAC season soon. Maybe with 3 drivers on a team and combining the times. Just have to figure out a fair way to group drivers together.

Also I ran few laps :

Spoon FIT Race Car '03 - 1'17.980 and even if I found a way to improve, I am having a really hard time trying to catch up with sensei niigaki !!!

Honda JAZZ 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01 - still the same : 1'28.700 but tonight I have a go to play -my wife is working- so I'll try to catch up with Detroitbb who ran a 1'28.579 lap 👍 !

So far my overall : 2'46.680

I broke into the 1'17 range too! My time still isn't as fast as niigaki's best, but it's at least below 1'18! I tried to improve on my Jazz time, but I wasn't getting anywhere near my personal best. So I attempted to improve my performance via the tuning options and only made the car handle much, much worse. I'm not sure how much - if it all - I can reduce either of my times. I'll run about 10 laps per night, but I think I might be at my 'wall'.

stock: 1'28.579

race: 1'17.925

overall: 2'46.504

I am glad people are starting get some lower times. I am quite anxious to see how far people will push to score fast lap times. Keep up the good work.

Hey guys ! I had a lucky evening !

stock : 1'28.575 !
race : 1'17.807 !

overall : 2'46.382 ! Which means that PiTch_ might be in the 2'45.xxx...

Dang, Easy beat my Race record. I'll take a break from Battlefield to see if I can beat my record.

Okay, I am sure that I have hit my limit with both sets.

Stock - 1'28.412
Race - 1'17.693

Total - 2'46.105

Hi guys, i don't know if i could run all the season but I make few laps on this challenge.

So for the stock car : 1'28,383

And for the race car : 1'17,415

Total : 2'45,798

I gonna try to run few more laps tonight.

Great laps, guys!

Pitch, with the time-based rankings this season, if you don't submit a time for each challenge, you won't be eligible for ranking... so if you're running short on time at some point this month, please try to submit at least one time for either the race or stock car in each challenge so you can be eligible for the race or stock car leaderboard ranking. You've proved to be a very fast competitor, and I'd love to see you make it all the way through the season on one leaderboard or the other. 👍

@niigaki & PiTch_ : Great job guys 👍👍👍 !!!

PiTch_, I really hope you will run all the season !

EDIT : Tried again the spoon and got "a lot" of 1'17.7/8xx (best one is 1'17.742), and a 1'17.590... but I was pretty sure I went too far at the last corner so I watched the replay with hope :nervous: and ... unclean :ouch: (ovh link for the video only 676kb)... I just hope I'll have a clean and as fast or faster than this one lap for the d-day !

Last edited:
Welcome back Allent2!! Are you getting Battlefield BC2 by chance ;) I always see you on the psn playing codmw2 haha.

Yeah, I just picked it up today. I throw it in in a few hours, most of the guys in my shop would all play MW2 so that made it fun. Your stats in MW2 are insane.

(ovh link for the video only 676kb)

I took a screenshot so people could see the still image - it's really, really close! Given the angle of the car and it's exact placement along the tarmac, it might have just a bit of the back right tire (the front part of that tire) still touching the white line. I could see it being allowed and even disallowed because it is so close - either ruling would be understandable.

capturejk.jpg

I didn't do any laps last night and I won't be able to do any tonight either. My hope is that I can find 20 minutes on Friday evening or Saturday afternoon to run my final laps. As it stands now, my times I posted yesterday just might end up being my final times that I submit.

I had a funny feeling Pitch would beat my times so badly lol. Good Job, guess I will have to go back and see which sections I can improve in.

@Allent2

Thanks, but I played the crap out of that game. But since BFBC2 came out, I love that game more because of the realism.

^Oof! Candy canes don't count as pavement? Dang.

Also, something fun to do with the Fit: R3 tyres, race at Test Course. I hit 150!

I took a screenshot so people could see the still image - it's really, really close! Given the angle of the car and it's exact placement along the tarmac, it might have just a bit of the back right tire (the front part of that tire) still touching the white line. I could see it being allowed and even disallowed because it is so close - either ruling would be understandable.
Yeah easyblast, you're correct in saying this is unclean... definitely a little too far over the white line in the rear.
On the white line is fine though, like the video you sent me earlier.
Yeah I made the mistake to push it too much and I was pretty sure it was unclean but the psp screen wasn't big enough and you can't pause the replay so I made a video to be 100% sure. I am disappointed because it was a really good ride and it was my fastest lap at every splits, but it is not like you are disappointed when you think you've got a clean lap and find out it's not (well I have to confess that I did have hope before watching the video cause the replay gave me some -especially the L1 third person view when you see the front of your car-) ! But unfortunatly I was right, that's why I didn't ask for this one Glubags...

So thanks Glubags for confirming that it is unclean and thanks Detroitbb for the screenshot and your compassion !

To be positive : I did it once, hope to do it again and clean !

I didn't do any laps last night and I won't be able to do any tonight either. My hope is that I can find 20 minutes on Friday evening or Saturday afternoon to run my final laps. [...]

I hope you'll find the time to run THE laps ! Good luck !

Last edited:
Man how do you guys run such good times with the Spoon race car? Here struggling to get under 1:18. :guilty:

Oh well, will turn in my times in a couple hours.

Back