GTPlanet Worldwide Time Attack Challenge Season 3 Final Week: Classic Honda Challenge

• Thread starter Glubags
  • 380 comments
Hi everybody ! I found another time calculator at this address, it's online but you can save the webfile on your computer to use it offline (I already attached it "timeCalc.html")!

I saw and liked the statistics, so tried to find another website using javascript with this kind of tools and found this one.

The problem with this one is it will not keep the '00.000 and change it into this '00.00 (if you have :00.468 it will become '00.47 ! Not good !). So I was thinking, I don't have any good knowledge about javascript but I'll try to find a way to make one for us, using javascript. And I did it ! The "timecalcul.html" file (attached) ! This one is a copy of the one with the '00.00 (so please don't put it in your websites), but I adapted it for our needs : 00:00'00.000 format without the 00'000 > 00'00 ! ! So good point, I can customize it : can add more entries if needed, or change the design ! I'll try to find out how to make more statistics...

What do you think ???

BTW, sorry for the bad english ! I got a cold and I spent too much time trying to figure out how to change the right "var" in order to make it works... I'am off to bed ! Have a nice day !

EDIT : went to bed, tried to run the Honda S800 '66, first lap 0'55.659 and I thought it was 0'56.559 ! I found out after ten deceiving laps... !!!
So now my current overall time for the practice session at Motorland (reverse)is 7'55.628

Attachments

• TC.rar
    5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
EDIT : went to bed, tried to run the Honda S800 '66, first lap 0'55.659 and I thought it was 0'56.559 ! I found out after ten deceiving laps... !!!
So now my current overall time for the practice session at Motorland (reverse)is 7'55.628

Nice!

I ran the Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car and did a 0'39.6xx, but upon watching the replay, I had three tires totally on the grass (either the 2nd or 3rd turn). I wish I could clear that time out of my top ten list as it isn't clean!

I ran the Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car and did a 0'39.6xx
That's really quick despite the slight off! I feel you're going to do really well this season.

Today is the last day for practice... I'll update this thread with the track for challenge #1 before midnight, when the season officially begins.

Well I am glad that TAC isn't on the Playstation 3 yet. Looks like SCEA was hacked according to some tweets earlier today. If you own a Fat PS3, you probably noticed that you can't play your games online nor sign into the PSN anymore. Also look at your date, it's most likely 12/31/1999. Sony says to stay offline until more updates come up.

Well I am glad that TAC isn't on the Playstation 3 yet. Looks like SCEA was hacked according to some tweets earlier today. If you own a Fat PS3, you probably noticed that you can't play your games online nor sign into the PSN anymore. Also look at your date, it's most likely 12/31/1999. Sony says to stay offline until more updates come up.

Thanks for the heads up niigaki. Saves me freaking out when I play COD4 later. I'm going through GT4 as well at the moment anyway so I won't suffer withdrawal symptoms. :nervous:

All right guys, 15 minutes til Season 3 begins!

The track for challenge #1 (Honda Fit) will be Grand Valley East, Forward. My rough combined time here is 2'48.044 (1'29.412 stock, 1'18.632 race). I imagine you guys will knock a second or two off of that. Good luck!

Last edited:
May I suggest you list the info for each challenge in the first post for easier reference?

^ Of course, but I'm posting from my phone and getting ready for bed, and editing such a huge post on my blackberry storm would take 30 minutes just to skip down to the text I'd want to insert, so I'm going to update the OP tomorrow. No worries. 👍

All right guys, 15 minutes til Season 3 begins!

The track for challenge #1 (Honda Fit) will be Grand Valley East, Forward. My rough combined time here is 2'48.044. I imagine you guys will knock a second or two off of that. Good luck!

Thanks Glubags :cheers: ! Game on :gtpflag: !!!

I've just had a 40 minutes break, I tried 20 minutes and 20 minutes with each car and mission 1 complete :

1'18.380 (Spoon FIT Race Car '03)
1'29.155 (Honda JAZZ 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01)

2'47.535 yay :)!

Hope to do far better because I am not the fastest driver -finished 5th last season- nor a good tuner , we had a practice round and still 6 days to go !!! Really exciting !!!

Good luck guys !!!

Last edited:
Ok guys, I updated the OP to show the tracks in the Challenge List.

I also updated the Leaderboards temporarily to show how they'll work this season, comparing my times with easyblast's. In the future, the Leaderboards will not be updated until the Sunday following each challenge. 👍

Currently @

Spoon FIT Race Car '03 - 1'17.893
Honda JAZZ 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01 - 1'29.696

Total - 2'46.893

I won't lie, the Jazz sucks haha.

I threw down almost ten laps with each car late last night.

Stock: 1'29.438

Race: 1'18.221

...and that gives me a total of 2'47.659 so far.

"The Lawnmower" is quite a challenge to drive!

Updated the Leaderboards to current submissions and corrected a couple errors to get more practice with all this time-keeping. :D

It's going to be lots of work to keep up with all these entries accurately through the season, but I'm enjoying it!

I think I'm going to like the way this will play out... already seeing how it'll mix things up. Niigaki's the slowest so far in the stock car, but his commanding lead in the race car has him only a few hundredths off the Overall top spot. 👍

Last edited:
I just reduced my time for the stock version to 1'29.362.

I tried a few more laps with the Spoon race car and wasn't able to best my previous time (yet!).

Niigaki's the slowest so far in the stock car

:ouch:

I need to transfer the settings from the race version to the stock one. I can still shave more time off the Race Cars time. Just need to readjust some settings. I expect to see at least another .400 off my time if I get it right.

My new Stock Car time is 1'29.261, it's very possible to hit into the 1'28's. I had a .400 lead and messed up out of the tunnel :(

@ Detroitbb

Thanks! but this is just the start, I am pretty sure a new Glubags will arise soon enough. French players, where you guys at?

Also thank you for catching my error, I must of made a mistake while filling in my time calculator.

I am pretty sure a new Glubags will arise soon enough.
Haha, I doubt it... I probably won't have much time to compete. I've been catching up at work and things are coming together with my real-life car, so I'll probably be very busy this month.

Absolutely psyched on the progress with my S2000... cannot wait to get "phase one" of the project complete, which is the full powertrain swap. I've got the hardtop waiting in my garage, and I'm mulling over some rear overfenders and a wing... most important will be new coilovers/brakes, then I'll deal with figuring out the clearances for wheel fitment in the rear (including the possibility of going with some quarterpanel slicing and the overfenders) and any further aero pieces.

Oh I meant that a Glubags clone might appear :)

I started my car project until I got laid off last June. I have the coilovers done and exhaust. Just need to find a new job so I can buy those Volks and put on the Amuse kit on my 350z. Then I will be happy haha. Do you have a thread or blog for your car project Glubags? I am curious to see what your car will look like when you complete it.

Is that a Spoon Hardtop? or J's Racing? That car is gonna be a beast once it's done. I believe my350z.com only has one LS1 350z. Plus it would be hard to track a car with so much power, at least for me. I'm used to knowing the limits with my car. Can't wait for it to be done.

It's a Spoon top with Bulletproof Automotive's side window molding:

hardtop2_th.jpg

:D

JEALOUS. Yeah I want to buy the real Amuse kit from BPA but it's going to be like 3000+ for the real FRP parts. Not to mention, it's a lot more for the good dry carbon version. I might go with Shine Auto's Replica Kit. Shine is a pretty well known bodykit that sponsors a few Z's in So California. Plus being a member, the full FRP kit will only cost like 900 dollars or something.

spoon.ap.hardtop2_d.jpg

It was really a toss up when I was buying a new car. Either a 350z or S2000, although I will always love the Amuse and Spoon S2000 kits haha.

Yeah, those are the rear overfenders and wing I'm looking at. Really don't care for Spoon's widened front fenders or their front and rear bumpers... love the diffuser, though.

Yeah the front fenders aren't really necessary for just daily driving, but I guess if you were to track your car all the time or something. I don't know haha

Latest Posts

Back