4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
Sorry guys, couldn't make it, TV was commandeered for the usual Sport Relief rubbish. :indiff:
I feel a bit crappy today though, so I guess its good to get some early sleep instead.

Catalunya Race Results:-

Race report to follow.

1. fishfash
2. DonkeyFuzz
3. GINTY1
4. F1MadAd
5. kingmart1n
6. FastDuck
7. HEMIata

Fastet Lap:- fishfash 1:12.539

Well practice was good the race was bad. I qualified 7th with a poor 1,14,7. As we went round T3 i went wide which put me further behind lucky for me F1MadAd made a mistake at T4 so i had someone to slipstream. HEMlata made a mistake then did Ginty so was up to 5th following F1MadAd,NEV,ZERODUCK with Ginty right behind me. There must of been 4 seconds between 2nd and 6th after round 1 of pit stops i was still in 5th. On lap 10 we was all still close as we went into the chicane bam i got a 8 second penalty which took me out the slipstream battle and any chance of a good finish. I carried on and after my 2nd stop ZERODUCK was just behind me he must of made a mistake so the last 4 laps we battle for 5th and i came out on top.

Well done Glyes on winning again.

Qualified 5th, Finished 4th

Very close quali session, GYLES awsome again. Very close racing also, it was relentless. GINTY, DUCK, KING, NEV and ME, all in the running for 2nd. Over the course of the race, KING and DUCK made mistakes, which left the rest of us battling for 2nd. None of us were making mistakes, and even going into the last few laps it was anybody's guess. NEV managed to pull a gap, and managed to hold it to the line. I couldnt make up enough ground on GINTY so i finished 4th. Bit dissapointed but it was all very close. Well done to GINTY and NEV for an awesome battle, and ofcourse to GYLES for yet another dominant drive, its like were all in GP2 cars! Cyas next week :)

Hi Guys,

That was a very close qualifying session, less than a second split the top 6. GINTY qualified along side me on the front with a brilliant time and only a few tenths behind, I was very lucky to get the pole.

The race finish was even closer, as I had expected, just a 7 second gap from 2nd - 6th 👍

I had a good start and up until the first round of stops I pushed like a mad man, I could clearly see on the map that everyone was very close to each other. With this in mind I turned the pace down after the first round of stops, if I made any mistakes then there was a chance that I could of ended up in 6th or 7th.

I made a few silly mistakes and received only 1 penalty :yuck:

GINTY made a great return to F1, finishing in a brilliant 3rd place, and the fast DonkeyFuzz nicking 2nd place. But it could have been anybody's 2nd place, with the great F1MadAd, super quick King and slippery Duck just a few seconds behind :crazy:

Next week we race at Monaco where DonkeyFuzz must be the favourite for the win, or even Ardius, it will be all about consistency. Oh and F1MadAd I will be in an A1GP car at Monaco, I am useless there, with no consistency at all :nervous:

Thanks to all for turning up.

I was just checking the screen shoots there gyles i finished 5 seconds off my team mate after getting that 8 second penalty and losting time not being in the slipstream battle so i clearly wasn't as bad as i thought.

Yep, great battle there for 2nd King, you picked up some bad luck there with the penalty, but it's a long season and anything can happen 👍

Yep, great battle there for 2nd King, you picked up some bad luck there with the penalty, but it's a long season and anything can happen 👍

Yeah i know i prefer the second half of the season anyway and a wet silverstone should be a good result for me as i somehow won last season there with the fastest lap. Monaco next is a race i would like to miss but i am not working next week so might throw a few hundred laps in and probably be the same around there which is bad

Table looks great, each week I've moved up the table at least one place. Only 2 points of second place and with Monaco coming up anything could happen. Should turn out to be a wicked championship.

Looks awesome guys. hey how do you all save your tyres? i cannot race online (no pal version) but i race world championship against the ai and i usually do great.....until my tyres go. and they always go at the wrong times.i tried saving them by slowing down a little,but then i get passed. just wanted to know how you guys save your tyres when racing. i usually always race full distance, haha ..ran outta gas at nurburgring today:idea: thanks

I can only think of using the hard tyre compound more often and prehaps changing the brake bias presets, also how many pitstops do you do in a full length race? To all others, how do I view my ranking as i can view other peoples but when I try to view 'best lap time at Montreal' it comes up with N/A and when I view my overall ranking, it comes up with some odd sets of lines then a number.

I thought you guys might want to know you have a fan of your 'series'. I visit this site for the sole reason of catching up on what's gone on in ur championship. Due to varying reason's, I've never been able to compete, but it would be lot's of fun and I think I could be very competitive and maybe steal a few podiums away (not that it would be easy). Have fun guys!

I have had a lot of time to practice this week and haven't done one single lap. Looks like you will be seeing me against the wall a lot this week its my favourite part of the track. lol

I've done some practicing and averaging around low 1:11's to a fastest time of 1:10.6. See you on Friday and good luck.

Did a league race at Monaco a couple of weeks back and was similar to Nev, 1:11s average lap, into the 1:10s on a hot lap. I feel another battle coming on mate :D

Same here, at the Nurburgring and Catalunya, things were tense, this week will be awsome, with fishfash prehaps doing the same lap times? Nobody knows, might be a suprise as well, with all those barriers everywhere, I hope my Super Aguri will do as good as last week, maybe a place better, in all the races I've competed in this series, I've never had a penalty or be damaged out, hope it can stay like that.

I am not sure what times I can do here, on a hot lap into the low 1:11's otherwise high 1:11's but with no consistency, most likely I will finish in the top 6 or lower :nervous:

Also please remember everyone must pit twice.

Thanks.

Well, I won't be able to make the race tonight :( I am currently 200 miles from home and will not make it home till tomorrow :ouch: I really like Monaco and can usually run in the 1:11's all day long. I was looking to be able to run with the big dogs tonight :grumpy: Oh well, that's life :) Good luck tonight all 👍

gyles can a mate make a guest appearance let me no. thanks he's thinking of joining

Yep no problemo 👍

Well, I won't be able to make the race tonight :( I am currently 200 miles from home and will not make it home till tomorrow :ouch: I really like Monaco and can usually run in the 1:11's all day long. I was looking to be able to run with the big dogs tonight :grumpy: Oh well, that's life :) Good luck tonight all 👍

Thanks for letting us know Hemi :)

Well im glad that is over. Qualified 4th and finished 5th for the first 5 laps i was racing ardius then after my first stop i crashed. After that it all went down hill really with crashs and penalties. At least i managed a few 1,12's which my best was a 1,12,479

Well on to a wet silverstone like last season where i won last year

Fantastic race for me, I was practicing before hand and I was setting times around 1.13-1.14 initially, but got it down to about 1.12'800 after around 50 laps or more of practice.
So I started the race once again with a solid qualy run just to place me decently without taking too many risks. The 1st lap was good for me, made up a lot of positions and ended up 4th behind MadAd, Gyles and Nev. I then gave myself my first penalty at the swimming pool, which put King and GINTY ahead of me, so I was down to 6th.
From then on it was a matter of keeping consistent times and not making mistakes. GINTY made a mistake and I got promoted to 5th behind King, after a few laps I again made a mistake at the swimming pool and got a penalty, but King decided to jump into the pits at this point. GINTY had made more mistakes I think because he didn't catch me. I continued to my 1st stop, setting consistent laps in the high 1.12s, and came out way ahead of King, who again must have made mistakes somewhere.
This left me 4th behind Gyles, who at one point was only a few seconds up the road on me. I had settled for 4th but decided to try and catch Gyles if I could, setting my personal best of a 1.12'058 in the process. I never did catch Gyles though as I recieved a couple more penalties and he didn't appear to make any mistakes.
I'm pretty pleased with that result, almost a flawless race for me and I'm glad I could make the most of one of the circuits I'm good at. It was also good to cash in on points while my teammate was fighting at the very top too, shame Nev missed out on the win, but a great result all the same 👍.

I'm slightly disappointed to miss out on my first ever podium in the championship, I think that was my best chance.

I think that puts me ahead of GINTY again in the championship, and only 3 points shy of Hemiata. Annoyingly, I'm going to be missing Montreal, which is another good circuit for me. So I'll have to make up the difference at wet old Silverstone.

Last edited:
Monaco Race Results:-

1. F1MadAd
2. DonkeyFuzz
3. fishfash
4. Ardius
5. kingmart1n
6. GINTY1
7. lush60

Fastest Lap: - F1MadAd 1:10.997

Started 2nd, Finished 1st

Got off to a good start, and was straight into battle. After just a few laps the top 3 had pulled away from the pack (ME, NEV and GYLES). Battle was intense, and then ME and NEV started to pull away from GYLES. Soon after became clear it was a 2 horse race. Was having such fun out there battling hard with NEV, both of us on top form making no mistakes. Then after the first pit stops, both GYLES and NEV made mistakes, which took the pressure off me a bit. But NEV was straight back on it and closing me down. Soon we were locked in a battle again, and it was anyones guess who'd win. Then we pitted with a few laps to go, but i pitted a lap later. When i came out NEV was quite far behind, so i presume he made a mistake. With that i just brought the car home to the win. Held on to the fastest lap of 1:10.997 that i'd set early on, but NEV must have got very close to that during the race. Another fantastic battle, and i'm dissapointed for him that we didn't get to fight it out to the end. Looking forward to next weeks race, love a bit of rain :P

This was the first time in over a year that I turned a wheel at Monaco, I am glad we had the usual warm up session, otherwise I would have qualified last :dopey:

The brilliant DonkeyFuzz got pole alongside F1MadAd securing the front row, and I slotted in nicely into 3rd on my final attempt, the top 3 were separated by just 3 tenths.

I was having difficulties keeping up with F1MadAd & DonkeyFuzz and kept them within site for the first 6 laps. On lap 7 I crashed heavily into the wall losing both tyres and a front wing and then an 8 second penalty for my crap driving :lol:

I had no consistency, I was either lapping in the low 1:11's and the next lap would be a mid 1:12 !! With around 5 laps to go I decided to go for the fastest lap and I was on a stormer of a lap, I think it would have been a low 1:10 but I hit the wall on the last corner and lost my front tyre. I could see Ardius behind me so decided to quit the idea of the fastest lap and consolidate my 3rd position.

A great result for F1MadAd who took a fantastic win and the fastest lap, and also another fantastic result for DonkeyFuzz finishing 2nd, who I had tipped for the win, and I think it all went wrong for him after the second round of pitstops :guilty:

A very good result for Arrows Grand Prix with Ardius finishing a strong 4th and a good debut by lush60 finishing in the points. Not sure what happened to GINTY1 in the end but I believe 6th place was the end result.

Thanks to all for turning up, next week we go to a light rain Silverstone, and can King do the double ? We will have to wait and see :)

I may not be able to make next week or possibly late join, but I will keep the thread updated.

Thanks.

Good job F1Mad!!! Unfortunately, I missed this week as well :(. But I'll be there next week, for sure.

Well done F1MadAd, awsome race. I was very happy with pole position and was battling F1MadAd but got an eight second penalty but crept back up to him, was going really well to the second round of pitstops and the reason why everything went wrong was I just stepped out of the yellow line to receive a further 13 second penalty, I knew second was where I was to finish and pushed to hard and received another 8 second penalty but still finished 5 seconds behind F1MadAd which was pretty damn good. I think I am now 3rd in the table 3 points behind F1MadAd. Well done to everybody else who did brilliantly. Next week a wet Silverstone should be great.

Back