4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
Out of curiosity, as I have no experience at F1CE/F106 online, does this F1CE championship run with no Traction Control/ABS? Just curious.

I watched part of qualifying today and have to say i didn't enjoying sector 2 of the new lay out.

I quite like the balls-out nature of turn 6,7 and 8 though, in F1:CE, thats my favourite type of corner combination - one that gives a sense of speed and on the edge. Like going through Maggotts and Becketts flat.
Its nice to see the driver's challenged a lot more, watching their steering inputs and the speed they carry though that sector is amazing onboard.
Hopefully we may see some mistakes in that sector today too.

Out of curiosity, as I have no experience at F1CE/F106 online, does this F1CE championship run with no Traction Control/ABS? Just curious.

No, there is no restriction on driving aids, people can run with whatever settings they want. This is partly because these are the only parts of the car you can setup online, you can't alter the suspension, gears, tyres or whatever like offline, you have to put up with a default setup. So its only fair that people are allowed to at least set the aids how they like to make the most of neutral setups.

Tables updated 👍

This was an extremely tough race for me for the first 10 laps or so.

markk001 was absolutely flying and I was just about hanging on, I was extremely cautious on turns 14 and 15 probably losing half a second or so every lap. On the 10th lap markk001 made a mistake which gave me an advantage and from then on I turned the pace down a notch. I was constantly looking on the map and when markk001 started to close on me I would crank it up a bit 👍

Race pace was in the high 1:24's to low 1:25's, unfortunately I never managed to nail the outlap.

Great performance from markk001 with the fastest lap to proove 👍

Congrats on the race win Gyles, good to see that Brawn are still very dominant :) lol.
It's a shame I couldn't have been there, it's a track I do enjoy and think I could have at least competed for a podium at.

Ahh well lol.

Congrats on the race win Gyles, good to see that Brawn are still very dominant :) lol.
It's a shame I couldn't have been there, it's a track I do enjoy and think I could have at least competed for a podium at.

Ahh well lol.

Great thanks Kak 👍

What's the latest with your PS3 ?

I haven't really done much about it tbh. I did find out that my mates cousin CAN fix my PS3...but it would cost.

I also found out that my dad has a heat gun, so I could attempt to fix it with him. Although someone else is borrowing it atm.

Just wanted to know whether I'm goiong to good relatively good or bad at the next race, is a 1:13.919 a decent lap time? Also, good luck Kak with the PS3.

Just wanted to know whether I'm goiong to good relatively good or bad at the next race, is a 1:13.919 a decent lap time?

Thats what times i will be around i done a 1,13,7xx the other day.

I had some fun racing others people today ardius came and joined in he was the tank as collisions was on and he was hitting a few people.

I had some fun racing others people today ardius came and joined in he was the tank as collisions was on and he was hitting a few people.

Ha, I only hit two people through my fault! One at the start of the race at Brazil, where I stupidly decided to turn in early by mistake and luckily ended up sliding past someone, bashing them off in the process. The other one was where I braked and turned way too early for the first corner, went into a spin-slide and wacked someone else off. Although that was after they weaved everywhere, which meant I lost the balance of the car.
But otherwise I didn't hit that many people :P

As for Catalunya times, my average is a 1'16, so yeah, 1'13 is competitive. I could hit a 1'13 when I'm in the groove, but its very difficult to do for me at Catalunya, driving on the edge there is quite difficult with the neutral setup we have online.

Ha, I only hit two people through my fault! One at the start of the race at Brazil, where I stupidly decided to turn in early by mistake and luckily ended up sliding past someone, bashing them off in the process. The other one was where I braked and turned way too early for the first corner, went into a spin-slide and wacked someone else off. Although that was after they weaved everywhere, which meant I lost the balance of the car.
But otherwise I didn't hit that many people :P
What about just after sector 1 on brazil i was following you and see a car fly off after you hit him trying to go up the inside. It was making me laugh.

That was what I was referring to, I felt sorry for that guy. I brainlessly turned in about 3 seconds too early, going over the grass and sliding up the inside of him. For a brief moment I thought I had luckily passed him cleanly, but then the lag bubble shoved him off. It would have shoved him off anyway, even if there was no lag, its just the lag made it seem like I had managed it cleanly for a brief moment.

Yeah, I know, I've become so used to it that I don't bother waiting anymore, the favour is barely ever returned and half the time its so difficult to tell whose fault it is. Most of the time I usually avoid collisions on lobbies these days.

If I get a slipstream then I can break into the 1:13's 👍

I think there are 6 potential winners this Friday, it will be a close finish.

If I ever win a race, my most likely chance of all would be Monaco, Catalunya is a track where everything goes well, but you need to push the boundaries as the guy in first is going at the same speed, you push the boundary and you get a penalty, crash or something else. (Had to as, am I a contender?)

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Monaco, I feel I've got a great pace there now and I enjoy it a lot. I found it helped the most when I attempted to drive the classic cars around there, it really taught me some better lines.
Of course, lots of practice online also helped, the super-high attrition rate there is always nice, as it usually results in at least a podium for me in the average race there.

By the way Gyles, are we ever going to do a wet race? Naturally I'd rather get one out of the way at Catalunya :sly:

If I ever win a race, my most likely chance of all would be Monaco, Catalunya is a track where everything goes well, but you need to push the boundaries as the guy in first is going at the same speed, you push the boundary and you get a penalty, crash or something else. (Had to as, am I a contender?)

Absolutely you are a contender, you have shown some incredible pace over the last few weeks 👍

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Monaco, I feel I've got a great pace there now and I enjoy it a lot. I found it helped the most when I attempted to drive the classic cars around there, it really taught me some better lines.
Of course, lots of practice online also helped, the super-high attrition rate there is always nice, as it usually results in at least a podium for me in the average race there.

By the way Gyles, are we ever going to do a wet race? Naturally I'd rather get one out of the way at Catalunya :sly:

I will leave it up to you guys to decide if you want any wet races at all :)

Welcome back Ginty. Wet weather at Silverstone would be cool, it would be interesting to see if people perform better or not as good in the rain as in the dry.

Great to have you back Ginty 👍

Yes we can have a light rain race at Silverstone, I am rubbish in the wet, and also crap at Monaco in the dry :nervous:

See you all tonight.

Thanks.

haven't raced for a long time don't no how fast i will be just a good job i've got king as my team mate so he can get some good points for the team just taking a pit girl for a ride will be back in time for the race see you all soon

Back