4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
That sucks, I know how it feels Kak. Happened to me before. I was devastated. Hope you're back in action soon.

Hey guys,

Bad news i'm afraid :( I finally found my spark back for the game after realising that F1 2010 was literally just around the corner (the season, not the game lol...i've been counting down the days XD), so I was ready to do some serious practice for the next track. Unfortunately, disaster struck and my PS3 got the yellow light :( rendering my PS3 useless until I can get it fixed, and I just don't have the money at the moment.
It really sucks because I wanted to prove myself...especially after my last two performances.

Anyways, have fun and good luck with the rest of the Championship. I'll probably check back to see how it's going from time to time.

Lame, I had this a few months back. I kept the broken PS3 to repair later and got a PS3 Slim, which I'm quite glad about after that recent leap year bug.
Hope you can come back soon. :)

Oh, so thats the glitch, I have experienced this before and it's rather annoying.:banghead: Also can I now always drive a Super Aguri online, I think it's my lucky car as I've neither had a penalty with them.:)

I don't think anybody is using the Aguri, so it's yours, but don't hold me to it :lol:

Hey guys,

Bad news i'm afraid :( I finally found my spark back for the game after realising that F1 2010 was literally just around the corner (the season, not the game lol...i've been counting down the days XD), so I was ready to do some serious practice for the next track. Unfortunately, disaster struck and my PS3 got the yellow light :( rendering my PS3 useless until I can get it fixed, and I just don't have the money at the moment.
It really sucks because I wanted to prove myself...especially after my last two performances.

Anyways, have fun and good luck with the rest of the Championship. I'll probably check back to see how it's going from time to time.

Oh no, sorry to hear that Kak, if it's out of warranty you can actually have a go and try to fix it yourself. There are quite a few tutorials on youtube, you will need a heatgun to do it :)

Before you do anything ring up Sony. Theres a chance they might send you out a replacement free of charge "as a gesture of goodwill" depending on the situation. They did with me when i got the yellow light. All depends if you've had to pay for a replacement/repair before, or if its maybe not long out of warranty. They know the yellow light is down to a design flaw, so its worth kicking up a fuss and seeing what happens :)

Thanks, might give that a go. I've had it for about 2 and a half years now, so i'm pretty damn sure it's out or warranty lol. So i'll see what I can do to get things underway.

If you have a receipt still from the shop you bought it from, you can claim under the Sales of Goods Act, which gives up to 6 year warranties on any goods that develop a fault quicker than you expect. Seeing as you would expect a console to last at least 3-4 years, you would have a reasonable case and probably would get a shop to offer a replacement if you act angry enough. If the shop says its not their responsibility - it is, this Act covers the retailer's sale to the customer, and not the manufacturer.
http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html
Seeing as the Yellow light is a known design flaw, it would classify under this.

Wow, you sure know your stuff lol. Unfortunately, it was a christmas present, and therefore it's very unlikely that I'll still have the receipt :/.

I know my mate knows someone that fixed his PS3, so maybe I'll just ask him...

Well, now it's time to take advantage if the situation and bring Andrea Moda up in the points :D.

I popped into Game and Gamestation yesterday and they had a pre-owned copy of F1CE for £34.99.

This game is still holding it's value 👍

Good luck with what ever you do Kak :)

Oh, and PJ, in order to earn points you need to actually be on the grid on race day :lol:

Things had come up the last 3 weeks, but I'll be on the grid tomorrow, I hope.

We can avoid the glitch problem in tonights race, just add 3 more cars and then none of us qualify, let the AI cars qualify, and let it line us up random, it worked very well before, no problems with glitch as it only affects the first 2-3 cars

I think its because the timing line is actually behind the pole position grid spot (and 2nd and 3rd). Clearly SSL's algorithm for working out when a race starts from a position other than behind the timing line isn't very good.
But anyway, sounds like a good plan 👍

So are we going to qualify tonight or not? Because I don't want to be the only one with or without a time, that would be embarrising.

Sorry for leaving early, got disconnected. To be honest, it was well timed, as I got screwed over by the respawning system. I crashed into the pit wall for my 1st pit, which meant it respawned me on the track with no fuel. I then tried to go around and enter the pit again only to run out of fuel and be respawned on the track again...........:grumpy: Then I got disconnected from the PSN. Bad night indeed:tdown:.

Well i have no idea where i finnished, i tried to get yall to avoid the glitch, it showed me last the entire race, you guys can figure it out.

Well that was bad qualified 4th which was good. Then it was just mistake after mistake when the race started and i finished a low 7th and last.

Thanks to markk for stepping in for redbull and well done in finishing 2nd place.

Qualified 2nd, Finished 3rd

Had a good quali session, with GYLES a full second ahead (that guys got KERS he must have lol). Got mugged at the start, and after the first lap was running 5th in a train of cars. A few laps later KING got a penalty, and GYLES and MARK were pulling ahead. From there i was locked in a race-long battle for 3rd with NEV. We were never more than a second apart, and good god it was intense. To be fair NEV was ahead more often, and i was expecting he would edge it. But on the last lap i reali dug deep and set best sector times, and just managed to stay ahead to finish 3rd. Most enjoyable race so far for me, 20 laps of battling loved it. Well done to Gyles Button for making it 5 wins out of 5. Also good race by MARK, and of course NEV :D

Here are the results and sorry to Duck for the Glitch, but majority vote was for Qualy.

Sorry I couldn't get a picture of Qualy and race report to follow:-

1. fishfash
2. markk001
3. F1MadAd
4. DonkeyFuzz
5. FastDuck
6. HEMIata
7. kingmart1n
8. Ardius - Disconnected

Pole:- fishfash 1:24.913
Fastest Lap:- markk001 1:23.452

Sorry about today, things came up again :grumpy:. And from the looks of it, I might not be able to make it for next week eiher. I hope I do though.

Wow, what an awesome race, me and F1MadAd were battling like it was life over death! The best race I've ever done in my life on any game but just lost out but oh well, it was a brilliant race. I started 4th which I think is my best qualifying session and was aiming for 3rd bu finished 4th. Well done to Gyles/Fishfash with 5 wins out of 5 and cool racing from Mark001, who set the lap record and once again, to F1MadAd.:D

Back