4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
Aww, how about heavy rain next race? We did light rain last year as well, let's try something new.

Hi,

Just got this game last week and I am looking to get involved if there are any places available?

Not fussed about what team etc. Just want to race!!

PSN - donpawley

Hi,

Just got this game last week and I am looking to get involved if there are any places available?

Not fussed about what team etc. Just want to race!!

PSN - donpawley

Hi,

Yes sure, please read the rules on the front page where you can also find the password, we race every Friday at 11:00 PM :)

Hows everyone doing in the rain? I posted a 1:22, is that decent or a fail?

Sounds like a race winning pace 👍

I hope so, my goal is to bag a win and finish in the top 3 of the standaings, I thought Monaco would be it but now Silverstone is on the cards but with F1MadAd, Fishfash and KingMart1n who I think looks good for a podium here, anything could happen.

Hows everyone doing in the rain? I posted a 1:22, is that decent or a fail?

I haven't practised yet but sounds good to me. I remember my fastest lap last season was a 1,22,1 on a out lap and automatic gears. I don't use automatic anymore so i haven't a clue about times plus i enjoy the track more now than last season

Hey Fellas. Sorry I've been absent lately but the weather here has turned nice and the day light is getting longer. I have been doing a lot of chores around the house and with that I have not the time to practice or race :( I am trying to finish the addition to my house, going on 5 years now :ouch: I am going to drop out of the championship but I hope to catch y'all online :) Maybe I can squeeze in a race here and there :D Good luck to all 👍

Hey Fellas. Sorry I've been absent lately but the weather here has turned nice and the day light is getting longer. I have been doing a lot of chores around the house and with that I have not the time to practice or race :( I am trying to finish the addition to my house, going on 5 years now :ouch: I am going to drop out of the championship but I hope to catch y'all online :) Maybe I can squeeze in a race here and there :D Good luck to all 👍

Hey Hemi,

Sorry to see you go, but please pop in when you get some spare time 👍

Thanks.

Silverstone Race Results (Light Rain):-

1. fishfash
2. kingmart1n
3. DonkeyFuzz
4. F1MadAd
5. GINTY1
6. Ardius
7. PJ-FFL

Fastest Lap:- fishfash - 1:21.650
Pole:- fishfash - 1:22.786

I qualified 3rd and got off to a good start and was racing NEV for 2nd for the first 3 laps but could hardly see so i took a early pit to get my vision back. I kept my pace up thought and after NEV stop i was around 2 seconds behind him but pushed and caught him up. As i went in the pits we was level so i pushed again but after his second stop he was around 1 second infront. I had my tyres warm though and in a lap i was right behind him again . As we started the last lap there was nothing between us and i just got the edge over him to claim 2nd place.

Great win gyles you was to quick again and NEV what a race my best battle in a while in this championship.

That was a very enjoyable race, the first time I have turned a wheel in the rain at Silverstone since the 1st Championship a few years ago.

I was extremely lucky to get pole on my final run, my first 2 runs had penalties, and with DonkeyFuzz just a few tenths behind it was nip and tuck.

Off to a good start and the battle with DonkeyFuzz & F1MadAd raged on for the first few laps and it was either on the 2nd or 3rd lap F1MadAd got a penalty. This left me battling DonkeyFuzz, I put my foot down and started pumping out low 1:22's and put a gap between me and the 2nd place driver DonkeyFuzz 👍

From then on I was able to control the race, but with 2 laps to go I spun it at turn 10 (Club) and the car started to go backwards, I was lucky not to hit the wall. One more mistake from me and I would have finished 3rd :nervous:

A great result for King finishing 2nd, only 11 seconds down the road and DonkeyFuzz another second behind King.

Next week we fly across the pond where we race at Montreal, it's a short lap, any of the top 6 drivers can win this one, need to watch out for the Wall of Champions :yuck:

Thanks to all for turning up, especially PJ and a big thumbs up to Ardius for pitting twice despite late joining 👍

Oh and thanks to F1MadAd for hosting :)

Well, I practiced before hand (sorry to those I didn't respond to over the week on the PSN, I don't always see those messages) but it was a little wasted effort because I didn't manage to get to the race on time.
Fortunately, when I did finally join, it was only 6 laps in, though I got given an AI car that had embedded itself in the pitwall :dunce:.
I quickly got to grips with the track and weather thanks to the practice and started setting my averages times which are around 1.25~26. I thought at first I was a lap down on everyone but it turned out I was straight into a battle with PJ.
I quickly caught up and overtook PJ and then made my 1st pit stop. After a few spins, PJ passed me but I re-took him and decided to be fair I should make a 2nd stop because it wasn't fair on PJ that I late joined right behind him.
I eventually re-caught PJ on the last lap and we ended up in an epic drag to the finish line Chilton-Plato style but dramatically and unfortunately, PJ's fuel ran out.
That was worth joining just for that mini-drag race! :lol: The last lap for me was intense, as I was trying to catch PJ while not falling off the track.

Started 4th, Finished 4th

Bad Race for me. Was feeling racey at the start but on the second lap i got a penalty which dropped me down to 5th. Could have easily given up, but every point counts. Kept up a good pace and managed to get ahead of GINTY due to him making a mistake. The top 3 were too far ahead to catch, so just kept consistent and came home 4th. Well done to GYLES once again, text book. I think i will have just held on to 2nd in the championship, or maybe tied for 2nd. Will be looking for a strong result at Montreal next week :)

Don't know what happened to my team-mate PJ. Half the times i passed him he was either standing still or facing the wrong way lol

Don't know what happened to my team-mate PJ. Half the times i passed him he was either standing still or facing the wrong way lol

Or driving the wrong way on the pit straight, I think PJ missed the pit entrance and was driving back to it :lol: Classic !!!

:lol: actually I forgot to call the pit crew, so I had to drive back around.

Today didn't go so well, I got no practice, and my little cousin took the CD out of the PS3 in qualifying, so I had to put it back in and join again, too late to post a lap, so I was all the way at the back. No practice=awful pace, so everyone pulled into the distance after a few laps. I made a bunch of mistakes and got lots of penalties until I ran out of fuel. Then I made my way to the pits, only to forget to call the crew, so I drove backwards to get in, but crashed trying to get in, so I spawned back on track, and turned it around to get in again. Then some more mistakes and one crash, which I had no idea how it happened. Then there was the final lap battle with Ardius, I was just hoping that it would be the final lap and the countdown would begin, because I would have had to pit that lap anyway, and it did!!! Now all I had to do was keep ahead of Ardius, with a damaged front wing, in the wet, definitely a hard task. It went down to the last corner in a little drag race, which I was winning, but was ruined because I ran out of fuel :(.

Hello all, that was a pretty decent race for me qualifying just under two tenths slower than Gyles, at the beginning, to be honest, I thought I coud win whhen I was holding on to Gyles, unfortunatley F1MadAd, recieved a penalty, so it left the fight between me and Gyles, but when he pulled out a 1:22.010 I knew 2nd was the best I could do and I thought I was going to come second, until I screwed up at Woodcote where I was lucky not to spin off but instead cruised along the gravel giving King an opputunity, on the second to last lap, I lost a lot of time so I knew I was going to have to settle for 3rd. Overall I was not disapointed with the result but not over the moon when 2nd place was 1.2 seconds ahead of me. See you on Friday for another awsome race.

P.S-Whilst training offline, I set a new pit stop P.B with a pretty quick time of 6.9 seconds, not bad.

Before I forget, just to let you know Gyles, I won't be here next week. Good luck to everyone though, I wish I could make it, I love Montreal. 👍

Fishfash, I will not be able to make it on Friday, unfortunately:grumpy:, as I think I'm alright at Canada and hoping for a 4th P2. Seen as Aridus won't be able to make it, would there be a slim opputunity of moving the race from Friday, to Thursday night. If not, I have a theory:idea:, this would be you guys race, as usual but I do my own race record my time of how long it takes me to do 20 laps, take a picture of it for proof and whatever time I get, slot it into the race results if Thurday night is not available. Thanks for reading:)

I wouldn't be able to make thursday nev and a view on racing on your on and taking a picture is if you was racing friday you might be in a battle with someone which could make you make errors. I know if i done that i would be quicker as i would be more relaxed. Just my view though

Good point, I understand where your coming from as pressure is a key part of racing, Thursday is definatley off the list, I would guess, so I hope my plan B goes to plan!

Hi DonkeyFuzz,

We only have 2 options here, we either postpone, and race Montreal on Friday April 16th or you miss the race and receive a DNS.

If we postpone the race all the regulars will need to be in agreement, I have no problem with this, Ardius cannot make it either, so we need the nod from king, F1MadAd, GINTY1 and perhaps PJ.

Back