GTPlanet Worldwide Time Attack Challenge Season 3 Final Week: Classic Honda Challenge

• Thread starter Glubags
  • 380 comments
Stock: 1'58.721
Race: 1'39.067

Total: 3'37.788

picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BE10C713201.zip
    59.3 KB · Views: 8
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BE10C713202.zip
    59.2 KB · Views: 7
Man, I am not a fan of this challenge at all. A low-power car on a high-speed course, after the thrill-a-second races of before, just underwhelmed me.

Maybe I just didn't have a good amount of time this week, I did less than ten laps. 1:40.410

Oh yeah.

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BE10C713200.zip
    52.9 KB · Views: 7
I couldn't do it... If I ran a perfect lap (and that would require a huge investment of time, patience and a ton of luck), I could shave 2 tenths off the stock car's time and maybe another 2 tenths off the race car's time. These times will have to do!

Stock: 1'56.402
Race: 1'37.564
Overall: 3'33.966
👍

Still a great job Detroitbb 👍 !!! Faster than me again ! I really enjoy the fact that we are in the same level you and I !

PiTch_ you really are amazing ! I am still proud that I did run a faster lap than you (so did Detroitbb ;)👍) but I am sorry I didn't give you the competition you might have expected... I think Glubags would be a perfect "match" for you... But I won't give up trying to be faster than you !!!

So THANK YOU Glubags for this exciting season and for everything you did 👍👍👍 !

And thank you all of you for being such great competitors cause believe me we can be proud of our times -others start to be afraid of us ;)- !!!

Last edited:
Man, I am not a fan of this challenge at all. A low-power car on a high-speed course, after the thrill-a-second races of before, just underwhelmed me.

I felt the exact opposite about this last challenge! You're correct that it wasn't a pure adrenaline rush, but it was a highly cerebral and technical challenge. The strict adherence to the optimal racing line and entrance/exit speeds were the deciding factors for this last challenge. I loved it!

I want to thank you, and all the other competitors, for making this an amazing Time Attack Challenge! I'll never forget this one! ...great competition all around...

:)

...and a major 'THANK YOU' to Glubags for the excellent format! The car/track combos were superb - and you, sir, did an excellent and professional job managing the series. Niigaki Shigegaki would be very proud to know that the series he started was left in such capable and skilled hands! Thank you again!

👍

Congrats Pitch!!

Glu, it seems like a few members actually are starting to get serious about hosting their own TAC's.

Glubags, if you're not hosting next season, may I propose something ?

I was thinking about a

"GTPlanet Worlwide "DTM Legends" Special Time Attack Challenge : "AMG" vs "Alfa" !

Two Cars :

AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92 (1992 DTM Champion [wikipedia, [AMG])
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 (with 38 wins have still the all-time record of victories in DTM AND 1993 DTM Champion ! [wikipedia], )

Two DTM (official website) Tracks :
- Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo
- Nürburgring (I know...)

We would follow The GTP_Registry Signup rules,
+ lbsf1 rules for the tires when it's decided in order to have our Times in his leaderboard (so we could start with S2 to warm up and then see if we can use S3 or R1...)

It will be over on May the 1st, in order to give people time to buy the cars, ran both tracks (especially Nurburgring) and still having time to try DrifTime challenges if they are still on. I would say, the "Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo" challenge would be over on April the 15th in order to have a two weeks with those two cars in the green hell !!!

The winner of this special TAC will be rewarded as the "DTM Legends Champion" !

Because I can't see your replays, I thought I wouldn't host it but now that lsbf1 can check... Unless anyone of you want to host it : be my guest (Glubags ;))! I can help with the statistics...

So what do you think guys ? Is that ok with you ? Want to wait till may to give more time to DrifTime's challenges -even if I just killed this special TAC surprise- ???

PS : This is only a suggestion ! If you want to host something, this one can wait !

This would be a great match up. Considering that DTM was pretty popular in my household while I was growing up.

I'm going to let these other events unfold before thinking about putting anything else up... I'll be sure to send you a message, easyblast, before finalizing any ideas, since you have plenty of good ones!

Sorry for the delay with the final standings, I had a busy Easter weekend... I'll have them up to date tonight I hope!

Sorry for the no show last week guys, one of my busiest ever. Congrats to Pitch for the consistently 'bloody fast' times. Well done :gtpflag:. And a big thanks to Glubags for making this challenge happen. It was a lot of fun. :):)

Hi everyone.
I Missed the rest of the season because of a death in the family. I had to travel to South-Africa to attend a funeral and to see to my relative's estate.
I went through the posts and I must say that you guys got some really great times, Detroit you are getting really fast. I missed out on a lot of practice, can anyone tell me if there's gonna be another season?

Hi everyone.
I Missed the rest of the season because of a death in the family. I had to travel to South-Africa to attend a funeral and to see to my relative's estate.
I went through the posts and I must say that you guys got some really great times, Detroit you are getting really fast. I missed out on a lot of practice, can anyone tell me if there's gonna be another season?

So sorry to hear about your loss, pvr... please accept my sincere condolences.

I'm sure there will a TAC season 4, but a lot of other people have made 'time trial' events in the past week. I think we're waiting to see how those events shape up before making an 'official' TAC event. Hopefully we all can be racing against one another in Season Four soon!

:)

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss too, pvr... please accept my sincere condolences.

Glad to know you're back on tarmac ! ;)

Hi guys ! Could you make sure you have these two cars in your garage :

AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93

You might need them in ten days for a three weeks event... ;)

Thanks !

IMPORTANT : GTCr@zyPSP's challenge will is an important part of this event so, don't forget to run some laps !!!

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay, I've been swamped, but the leaderboard has finally been updated (huge thanks to Detroitbb for crunching the numbers and sending them my way).

Thanks a lot to everyone who participated. These challenges were a lot of fun!

Mods, feel free to lock this thread as the season has been completed and I don't want to clutter up the active challenges taking place. 👍

Back