RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I think I'll be doing a review of the LFA GT. I won't be posting it in my review thread though, but not this thread either. I am in fact gonna submit it into the GTLife magazine since I feel like an article would be good to put it in. I will give a quick summary of it though...along with a comparison to the pink LFA I have. :)

Thanks for the LFA GT review and good luck in getting the review in GT Life! If the LFA had effective downforce, I would increase the power, but seeing as it doesnt, the stock power is enough for me. :D:tup:

RKM Motorsport’s Juliet

Juliet.jpg

Juliet_Big.jpg

Based on: Lotus Elise 111R ‘04
Obtained: Brand new model at Lotus

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 253 BHP (@ 54.8 miles)
Torque:---- 23 kgfm
Weight:---- 759 kg
PP:-------- 520

PARTS
GT Auto

Rays Volk Racing RE30 Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Extension
Type B Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.840
2nd:-- 1.963
3rd:-- 1.545
4th:-- 1.271
5th:-- 1.051
6th:-- 0.881
Final: 4.530
Max Speed: 193 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/20
Accel:-- 0/40
Braking: 0/7

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 6.5/10.0
Extension:-- 7/8
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll:-- 3/3
Camber:----- 1.3/1.5
Toe:-------- –0.10/-0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Just like you, I hated how the 111R handled in the Top Gear special event. So when it was time to buy one for my own needs, I decided to make an Elise that would restore everyone’s faith in it.

So this is Juliet. She may be cute, but she’s also insanely fast. There’s no ridiculous sliding or lack of braking control here, just pure grip and the confidence to use it. She’ll beat cars with twice the power and embarrass high end supercars around the twisties. If she doesn’t restore your faith in the Elise, nothing will.

How she got this fast? Well, she spent all day playing kiss chase with the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary. Sorry Romeo.

24th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

I just wanted to give you guys a review on this amazing tune.

So i've been cyberstalking this page since december when i got GT5 and I figured it was finally time to sign up and make my first post and what better way to make my first post then of a review of one of my fav tunes.

To get things started I want to mention that I'm not the best driver and no close to nothing when it comes to tuning a car on a game, so you guys ahve been a huge help and i have every one of the cars you have suggested with your designated tune. I got to say thou that this is by far my fav tune that you guys have done thus far.

She may be called Juliet, but she is a force to be reckoned with, This is not the girl you take home to momma!!!

Recently I have been racing the British light weight Special Event and racking up some coin and suits on Cote d Azur, my best lap was 1:40.08 with a total for 5 laps at 8:32.4**, this car is amazing in this event and I take first place just before the last corner on the first lap. The only thing I have done different is that I added a high RPM turbo and Racing soft tires.

With that said this car is putting out 554PP @ 319HP and this thing handles like a dream, I love coming into a corner a little fast and sliding out the back end and this car is perfect for it. the acceleration is quick and to the point and makes for a very forgiving car. I have even taken this beast online up against guys pushing 600PP and beat them no problem. But I will say that only applies to tight technical coarses, she maybe able to paly with the best of them but On wide open stright coarses she will get spanked (at least with my driving skill).

All and all this is a great car and I can safely say that i recomend it to anyone who wants to have some fun, she's forgiving but a freak in the sheets so take that as a warning. Thanks for the great tune guys I look forward to more in the future.

I do have the replay saved from the above mentioned times but can't upload it as I dont have a capture card. Hopefully i can figure out an alternative and get it uploaded here soon.

Last edited:
Juliet is a really good car, I am currently in the process of writing a review for it but I do notice that it is a bit track dependent.

On a fairly smooth track like Tsukuba, Juliet performs brilliantly and even allowed me to take first place during the seasonal event.

For another seasonal event involving British cars and the Nurburgring, it wasn't as perfect as it was like at Tsukuba. The rough road surfaces and bumps that Tsukuba lacked caused Juliet to jump and hop around on the track. Despite this she still handled beautifully and ran really fast but its the grace and poise she had at Tsukuba that was missing a bit here.

908 killer whale is amazing, thanks. Had a tendency to spin out whenever i accelerated before, but glued to the road now. Knocked something crazy like ten seconds off my eiffel lap times :) Great tune.

I just wanted to give you guys a review on this amazing tune.
Thanks for the review! It's the typical traits of an Elise. Fast on corners, but it lacks on the straights, even when you turbo it. Glad you like it though!
Juliet is a really good car, I am currently in the process of writing a review for it but I do notice that it is a bit track dependent.

Thanks for the feedback! Juliet is very light so even with that spoiler on her bum, she doesnt have much holding her down. Hence the jumpiness at the Nurburgring. It's an unfortunate side effect of having next to no weight.

RKM Motorsport’s Lolvo C30-500

LolvoC30-500.jpg

LolvoC30-500_Big.jpg

Based on: Volvo C30 R-Design ‘09
Obtained: Brand new model at Volvo

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 390 BHP (@ 216.3 miles)
Torque:---- 54 kgfm
Weight:---- 1342 kg
PP:-------- 500

PARTS
GT Auto

PDI P525 Wheels
Type B Front Aero
Type A Rear Aero

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 156
Position: -50

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 99.9%

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 4.362
2nd:-- 2.984
3rd:-- 2.198
4th:-- 1.760
5th:-- 1.487
6th:-- 1.334
Final: 2.000
Max Speed: 205 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 17/0
Accel:-- 43/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 11.0/2.5
Extension:-- 8/7
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 2/4
Camber:----- 2.6/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/7

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
This Lolvo C30-500 is tuned for 500PP racing. If you just want a Volvo C30 tune without any regard for PP limits, you’ll want Rotary Junkie’s Volvo C30RS.

Using RJ’s C30RS as a base, this C30-500 is optimised for 500PP racing. Plenty of grip, plenty of power and an absurd weight balance that actually works to the Lolvo’s favour. Where the Lolvo may lack at the top end, it makes up for it in low-end grunt. Quite the opposite of an Integra then.

This is a fully broken in Volvo C30, without oil change. If your C30 isn’t fully broken in or has had its oil changed, you probably won’t hit 500PP. In that case, you’ll just have to balance the power limiter and ballast weight until you can hit 500PP yourself.

RKM Motorsport’s NSX-R 3rd Anniversary

NSXR3rdAnni.jpg

NSXR3rdAnni_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda NSX Type R ‘02
Obtained: Brand new model at Honda

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 393 BHP (@ 982.7 miles)
Torque:---- 40 kgfm
Weight:---- 1051 kg
PP:-------- 536

PARTS
GT Auto

Advan RGII Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 2.887
2nd:-- 1.963
3rd:-- 1.481
4th:-- 1.158
5th:-- 0.936
6th:-- 0.771
Final: 4.130
Max Speed: 211 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/10
Accel:-- 0/25
Braking: 0/15

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 8.5/9.0
Extension:-- 7/8
Anti-Roll:-- 3/4
Camber:----- 1.9/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.15/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
Guess who’s back with a complete makeover for GT5? Oh yes. It’s the RVV NSX-R Evo.II all rebuilt for this generation. The main difference you’ll notice is the new aero, new wheels and the titanium pipes out back. Under the bonnet, you’ll notice a fresh new C32B engine with a reliable 393bhp. Weight has been reduced to 1051kg, making this old favourite even faster than before. Oh yeah, it’s still just as agile, if not more so.

This 3rd Anniversary model marks the 3rd year of this NSX’s life.

12th Jan 2011 - Revised settings.
29th Jan 2011 - Revised settings II.
19th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

So this is actually an amazing car. I was not expecting much in terms of power because its not actually fully tuned in terms of power. The tuning of this car is great. I have tried other tunes on this website (not from you guys) and they didnt work that well. The only thing about this car is the brakes are a little dead for my taste (I usually run 10/10) and the transmission is lacking power in the lower gears. I got it up to 191mph on la sarthe no chicanes and ran a time of 3:59. Other than that it is a great car and if you give it a some power going out of the corners you can get a little sideways but this is one of the best tunes i have found on this site so far.

RKM Motorsport’s Lolvo C30-500

LolvoC30-500.jpg

LolvoC30-500_Big.jpg

Based on: Volvo C30 R-Design ‘09
Obtained: Brand new model at Volvo

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 390 BHP (@ 216.3 miles)
Torque:---- 54 kgfm
Weight:---- 1342 kg
PP:-------- 500

PARTS
GT Auto

PDI P525 Wheels
Type B Front Aero
Type A Rear Aero

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 156
Position: -50

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 99.9%

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 4.362
2nd:-- 2.984
3rd:-- 2.198
4th:-- 1.760
5th:-- 1.487
6th:-- 1.334
Final: 2.000
Max Speed: 205 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 17/0
Accel:-- 43/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 11.0/2.5
Extension:-- 8/7
Anti-Roll:-- 2/4
Camber:----- 2.6/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/7

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
This Lolvo C30-500 is tuned for 500PP racing. If you just want a Volvo C30 tune without any regard for PP limits, you’ll want Rotary Junkie’s Volvo C30RS.

Using RJ’s C30RS as a base, this C30-500 is optimised for 500PP racing. Plenty of grip, plenty of power and an absurd weight balance that actually works to the Lolvo’s favour. Where the Lolvo may lack at the top end, it makes up for it in low-end grunt. Quite the opposite of an Integra then.

This is a fully broken in Volvo C30, without oil change. If your C30 isn’t fully broken in or has had its oil changed, you probably won’t hit 500PP. In that case, you’ll just have to balance the power limiter and ballast weight until you can hit 500PP yourself.

wow... the car was great... i fgured the wieght balance would kill handling but i was dead wrong! runs 1:12.45 around high speed ring and launches like an awd... ROCK ON! wonder what jit'll do with more power...

That tune was unexpected. :lol:
Everyone was expecting an Integra or Civic eh? :P
So this is actually an amazing car. I was not expecting much in terms of power because its not actually fully tuned in terms of power. The tuning of this car is great. I have tried other tunes on this website (not from you guys) and they didnt work that well. The only thing about this car is the brakes are a little dead for my taste (I usually run 10/10) and the transmission is lacking power in the lower gears. I got it up to 191mph on la sarthe no chicanes and ran a time of 3:59. Other than that it is a great car and if you give it a some power going out of the corners you can get a little sideways but this is one of the best tunes i have found on this site so far.
Thank you! Brakes I understand are a personal preference for the most part. You are welcome to adjust the brake balance to your own tastes to see if it works better for you. 👍 The transmission is set long to suppress the wheelspin by sacrificing some acceleration, but it out-accelerates everything in it's class anyway so it's no real loss. :lol: Glad you liked it!
wow... the car was great... i fgured the wieght balance would kill handling but i was dead wrong! runs 1:12.45 around high speed ring and launches like an awd... ROCK ON! wonder what jit'll do with more power...
The weight balance suprised me too! :lol: Check RJ's C30RS tune on the first page if you want to see what more power will do to it. 👍
actually slower with mid range turbo...
The low RPM turbo gives a wider powerband in the Volvo than the mid or high. :)

I use a lot of your set-ups, so I’m going to do reviews on what I drive. They’re not going to be big long full detailed ones, just the key information; the drive, limits and so forth. Hope it’s useful! Before I start, I’m probably a bit too much like Jeremy Clarkson in that I always say maximum power, so all of my car’s are maxed out power wise, but honestly I’m yet to find a tune that can’t handle the extra power, plus I run on racing soft’s to maximise every little bit of grip. So without further delay, here we go!

All testing is carried out on the Tog Gear Test Track, I don’t just run the course though, I use road markings as testing points too, so it’s not just the normal figure of 8 track I’m going round.

Mazda RX-7 R400
Tested at: 589bhp, 57kgfm
A great all-round car if honest, it has a nice turn in, and doesn’t give you any unexpected scares mid-corner. Very little oversteer on the car, although there can be a hint of understeer from time-to-time, though this is likely my racing style. The oversteer is near impossible to find most of the time, it’s barely existent, and even leathering the hand brake round a corner, the nose sorts itself out and pulls round the corner with ease. It’s nice and quick off the line, without very much wheel spin (with racing soft tires). If I had a single complaint about this car, it’s that it’s too controlled; there’s just no oversteer at all, and occasionally I do like to fool about and leather the acceleration and give off a little smoke, but I’m guessing I’m probably one of the few with that one. A very nice all-rounder with great performance and no nasty surprises if you go into a corner too hot.

Ford Mustang Mach R
Tested at: 712bhp, 111kgfm
One of my favourite cars here, it looks the part, it’s a classic and it shifts. Very little understeer most of the time and really not all that much oversteer considering the power this thing is putting out, that is unless you put full power on through a corner, then there’s quite some oversteer, especially if you get a little over happy with the acceleration on the corner exit’s but this is part of the fun and quite controllable. The only understeer I find is on high speed corners, which is understandable really. It’s very quick off the line, although a careful start is needed in order not to leave a plume of smoke behind you from a ton of wheel spin. In all, a nice car, a classic and a joy to drive, and very good to have a nice stab at any of the classic events with.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP710 Superleggera
Tested at: 752bhp, 67kgfm
Not a bad car in the slightest, great for those Lamborghini events and a nice tune, although I’m not a big fan of the car, pretty to look at and decent performance, just for some reason there’s little way of dialling out the understeer, which is the only problem of this vehicle, there’s no oversteer, it’s great off the line, just those front tires are always in the red or I’m going at 3/4 pace around the corner, although it is made up in the straights, but by then in a race it may be a little late. It’s a very good tune though, the best I’ve tried with the least understeer I’ve found. A good tune for a pain of a car, which is quick and competitive and easily the best tune I’ve found, looks really cool as well.

Corvette C6 ZO6/R
Tested at: 884bhp, 112kgfm
One of my favourite cars by far, it just looks like it can kill, and lives up to this look. It can be a little twitchy, but you wouldn’t want this car to be too sterile and after all, it’s putting out near 900bhp. No understeer problems with this car, and if driven properly there are no oversteer problems either, but there’s a bit of fun there if mid corner you decide to plant full acceleration. Very quick off the line and from corners, and I would say is the fastest tune to date from you, with exception maybe to the 787B and 908. A pleasure to drive, a great set up and useful to anyone looking for a fast car at a budget to carry them through much of the Professional and Extreme leagues.

F430 Stradista
Tested at:
A great package here, very little oversteer, very little understeer and stable on the straights. It takes a lot to get the back end to step out, which if it does is easily controllable without even letting off the power. Great off the line as well with a good top speed to match, so in general a very good all round car, and vital for some Ferrari events, and a great alternative to the ever popular 458 Italia. If you want a Ferrari, if you want speed and you want looks, look no further as this is the one.

RKM Evo X
Tested at: 524bhp, 59kgfm
A good mid-range car really, it’s quick off the line, it’s got great handling and can keep up with cars 200 points higher with ease. Has no problems whatsoever with oversteer, it holds the road beautifully, and the only understeer is under hard breaking, which is pretty understandable and can be dialled out with a little in-race tuning if trying to make a move on someone. A really good car for people who like the Evo series, and who want a quick car that can keep up with supercars with ease, and great to show people up with.

Ikeamobile
Tested at: 927bhp, 93kgfm
Not the most elegant car round corners, it does have a slight understeer problem, magnified under braking which isn’t the best braking ever, although if compared with what I’ve driven previously, it’s about 300kg heavier as well, so this must be factored into the driving style employed with this car. Once used to the weight, it’s quite a surprising car to drive, it holds to road well with no oversteer, it has great traction and a lot of speed, and it’s good to see it in action without being poorly used by some fool for driving up and down long roads with over and over, it has so much more potential. If you can get used to a car that’s over 1500kg, this is a definite winner, and a surprising sight when you’re overtaking someone’s Ferrari.

Camaro SC550
Tested at: 683bhp, 85kgfm
A surprising drive for sure, you get into the car thinking that you’re going to be spinning around for half an hour before eventually you find a tiny bit of traction, which will throw you round the opposite way, but this thing handles like a dream, there’s very little oversteer at all, although there’s still fun to be had if you put full power down in the corners; no understeer that I’ve found, even under breaking. It’s surprising to launch from a standstill too, very little if any wheel spin. It’s got a good amount of power behind it, quick acceleration and continues accelerating all the way. Looks the part too, it looks deadly, and is pretty iconic after its appearance in Transformers, so this is a definite no-brainer for anyone, this is a car you want.

Mazdaspeed RX-8 Spec. III
Tested at: 459bhp, 41kgfm
Well when I looked at the tuning, the suspension looked a little funny, at -25 in the front and +5 in the back, but this was soon negated by the performance of this vehicle. This car hugs the road beautifully, and has some decent acceleration as well, keeps up nicely with the rest of the pack, NSX’s, RX-7’s, Supra’s and so on. A very easy car to drive, and would prove a nice work horse too really, a definite car to try and you won’t be disappointed, no real understeer or oversteer problems for you to worry about here, a pleasure to drive.

Nismo 300ZX R-Tune
Tested at: 650bhp, 68kgfm
This has always been a favourite of mine, a beautiful looking car and a classic in my mind, it looks the part and has performance to match these looks. No major problems with over and understeer, although under breaking the back can step out. In testing this, a fully tuned BMW M3 CSL and RUF RGT tried keeping up, and got absolutely obliterated by 3 seconds a lap, so this thing is quick, and it wasn’t driven to its fullest potential, either. Once you know what to expect from this thing, it’s very very quick, and a nice drive, very quick and can easily keep with those supercars, and show them where to go. A very nicely set up car indeed.

Volvo C30RS
Tested at: 427bhp, 52kgfm
Well, this was originally a left over from a seasonal a while back, but now it’s one of my most driven cars online. Who’d have thought Volvo could ever make such a great car? And with the power, there’s very very little understeer at all, rather good when you consider it’s FF with a good deal of torque going through those front wheels. The same BMW that was mentioned in the 300ZX tune again was shown where to go by this thing, not quite as much, but enough. A very quick car, and a bit of a sleeper, too. A very good car for anyone, especially for those who need a lower PP for a race. A definite winner for sure.

About half way through testing now, takes a while as I like to do 10 warm up laps, with 5 full pace ones, with a few mess about bits to get a nice feel for the limits of the cars, will finish these off as soon as possible, then get onto Roj’s tunes, which again I have about 80% of :P.

Damn it! You beat my record of 10 reviews in a row! Wow! That's a hell of a lot of reviews, RJ, how about making an exception to your rule and answering him for once, cuz I bet that took a bloody load of time……
And if Roj did his bit, I'll be doing all of that throughout the Summer, and a 787B vs 908 review will come as well, if uMadson is willing to help (please? please please please?)

Some of those tests are a bit off... The Gallardo is certainly much different on sports soft tires than it is on racing softs for example. The RX-7 is actually due for a retweak (it's done, I just can't access my save to post it >_<) and will actually oversteer at correct specs, etc.

And Onboy, I have no "rule" of not answering people, it's just that I'll start to then open another tab, forget about it, have Firefox crash, etc etc.

Doesn't help that I can't actually do anything with what's "wrong" with any given tune right now.

Oh&#8230;that's why you never seem to answer to reviews, cuz your internet browser is crap! :D And your PS3 is coming in August, right?

I think that's the first time someone has done a bulk review without mentioning any of my cars. :lol:👍

Good news! My new PC parts have arrived, once they get put together I may well be able to save some replays for YouTube :D video reviews maybe? Or atleast a replay of your cars kicking butt in my rather unskilled hands ^_^

Good news! My new PC parts have arrived, once they get put together I may well be able to save some replays for YouTube :D video reviews maybe? Or atleast a replay of your cars kicking butt in my rather unskilled hands ^_^

Video reviews would be great. :D

Video reviews would be great. :D

An amazing idea has popped into my head oh lol. I have a camera as well (no capture card sadly) and previously uploaded videos but the idea died since no one watched them :( I think now that I could do 'test drive' vids with different tunes. Think this'll be good? :confused:

An amazing idea has popped into my head oh lol. I have a camera as well (no capture card sadly) and previously uploaded videos but the idea died since no one watched them :( I think now that I could do 'test drive' vids with different tunes. Think this'll be good? :confused:

Yeah. :) I think as long as you position the camera right, it'll look good.

Yeah. :) I think as long as you position the camera right, it'll look good.

Well my tripod is my stack of DS games when they're on a stool :indiff: But most of the time I can get the camera position good enough. Sometimes it's slanted for some reason :boggled: Must be my carpet pattern :lol: :grumpy:

I have 5 6 (if you count my request) of RKM's tunes if I remember correctly: Romeo and Juliet ^_^, the LFA GT, Blackpool Tuscan, Corvette Z06 RM and the Galant WRC/WTCC (I came up with that one) :embarrassed:. Should be a good supply but I should do other tuners as well :rolleyes:

Well, I could provide some cars for your tests, seeing as I have nearly all of Roj's cars lined up in my garage after the reviews&#8230;

Back