Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does your lotus special fair in the Supercar nostalgia seasonal?
Been thinking of tuning one myself since I've had some success with the E-Type Jag in the seasonal.:crazy::D

On the new seasonals, the MFT Lancia Stratos kicks butt. It's a handful, but very fun car to drive. I've won each race, although i needed a bit of a lead heading onto the long strait at the Ring.

Going to give this Europa a run now.

Edit - well Rome is definitely winnable! Nice little car - actually feels quite similar to the Stratos. It really kills it in the corners - the speed maintainable easily allows quick exits. I passed the first Miura on the back straight in the last lap.

Last edited:
On the new seasonals, the MFT Lancia Stratos kicks butt. It's a handful, but very fun car to drive. I've won each race, although i needed a bit of a lead heading onto the long strait at the Ring.

Going to give this Europa a run now.

Ah speaking of that lot, Leo, your A110 walked it. It won the SSR5 race with a 5 second lead :eek: I'm in love with it all over again. Shame Roj hates it so much, I want to use it to convert him.

The Lotus Europa tune is a true Mad Finn creation - so responsive, but you're on the edge every corner. Can I assume the #2 is an Elan?

How on earth did you know th... *cough* I mean, what makes you draw such a conclusion?

Lotus Elan SP2'62

226 bhp, 258 Nm, 630 kg, PP 504
Painted in Cirrus White from Lotus

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost:~200k

Ballast
Ballast amount (kg):53
Ballast location: 50

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.491
2nd: 1.644
3rd: 1.249
4th: 1.000
5th: 0.809
Final Gear: 3.900

Max speed: 260 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 40
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / -10
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.0 / 5.0
Dampers (Extension): 6 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 3
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.7
Toe Angle: -0.20 / 0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 3 / 5

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Say hello to an old friend. Years ago, on this exact date it was launched for the first time for eager fans who wanted something small and nippy. Now, they can rejoice again as they lay their eyes on this duplicate of that car. However, now, there's a dose of danger. "Danger, in a tiny, slow, small displacement British roadster", you say? Yes, danger. This car requires very exact throttle and steering inputs, just like Elan. You need to think about turning before actually doing any inputs, and when you do, do it slowly and precisely. Otherwise, you will find yourself in a cloud of tire smoke, or worse, in the guardrail. Thus, the Lotus Elan Sports Pack 2 is just as fast as it's predecessor, and just as deadly as its mid-engined little sister.. And in capable hands, it's tremendous amounts of fun.

Last edited:
That LFA is a mad creation. I have not had the time to perfect the beast. I tried racing it at Suzuka and it is torquey coming out of the corners. It pays not to brake too hard and go into the corners half throttle. Every corner I am smoking the tires and trying to keep it on the road. :crazy:

*grins* One does his best. Sadly, as I've said before, it's counterpart is even more lethal and fast.. but that one you will see next weekend.

'98 Integra review: I tried this car at Nurb GP/D 1st. I found it to be pretty quick for a ff. It possessed little to none of the understeer I am familiar with most cars ff I have driven, unless you push too hard through a turn. The gearing was well spaced and responsive, well in the powerband. I managed to carve out a lap at 1'40.xx with room for improvement. Not the fastest ever but decent for my skill level. My previous best was a high 1'35 during an online race. I then went to a more familiar track where I felt I could push a little harder, good ol' GVS. After a couple warm up laps I managed a 2'07 with an error on my part at the last ess curve costing me at least a couple ticks. I felt that the car was sound and forgiving. It handled the power well, with minimal wheelspin unless I was just a donkey on the throttle. After I was confident the car wouldn't plow through the turns I pushed harder until I managed a 2'04.xx with another couple seconds to be gained on the track from a more experienced driver.

Lotus Elan SP2'62

FUN FUN FUN.
This car is a lot of fun to drive - lots and lots of unbridled driving fun.

It's light, nimble and can be easily talked into sliding it's tiny derriere around any corner.

The car has character - it's not the quickest by far, but it's unique and quick to adjust to your steering input.
Leonidae has done wonders with this little beast - the handling is superb, but she'll nibble back (she's too small and cutesy to actually bite...) when pushed.

I ran a few laps in Rome, and have been doing the Cote d'Azur lightweight British seasonal over and over again. The Elan loves corners - long, short, tight and smooth - it nips around them with ease. So very satisfying overtaking it's MR descendants as well.

I think I lapped around in 1.50?? Who cares - lap times don't matter when driving the Elan - it's all about style, corners and FUN!

So, the big-step-sister-twice-removed of the Elise has had a make-over - and the results are fantastic.
If you like driving, and as you're reading this on GTP I assume you do, do yourself a favour and grab this tune.

Did I mention it's FUN?

Screaming around the Colosseum:
6189715746_384209235b_z.jpg

Taking in the sites of Monaco:
6189715448_c81d9a1242_z.jpg

It really is a lot of fun to drive:
6189715018_ceaea7c7fe_z.jpg

UPDATE - added the ballast - it's still fun...

Last edited:
Only one nitpick: Elan is actually grandmother of MX-5/Miata. Europa is the granny of Elise ;) :D

kennyblanco - Out of the blue the old Integra surfaces again! It can understeer, that's for sure, but it indeed needs some noticable lack of throttle control to achieve that. I actually think the car isn't handling as well as it could as I had to try to match the pace of the DC5, with less power the handling is utterly brilliant. Actually to a point in which it quite handily decimates a NC MX-5 of similar PP value. That's earned you a tune of your liking!

kennyblanco - Out of the blue the old Integra surfaces again! It can understeer, that's for sure, but it indeed needs some noticable lack of throttle control to achieve that. I actually think the car isn't handling as well as it could as I had to try to match the pace of the DC5, with less power the handling is utterly brilliant. Actually to a point in which it quite handily decimates a NC MX-5 of similar PP value. That's earned you a tune of your liking!

Thanks! I'll let you know as soon as I can think of something. Been on a car buying binge as of late. I'll have to take a look through my garage to find a neglected vehicle deserving of such love. Meanwhile, I think I'll try out that DC2 again without the turbo this time. :sly:

Leo! You forgot something. Well, actually two things.
1. I still don't know if you like the S-tune or not
2. You forgot to mention the use of ballast on your Elan. You used 53kg at the +50 position.

Leo! You forgot something. Well, actually two things.
1. I still don't know if you like the S-tune or not
2. You forgot to mention the use of ballast on your Elan. You used 53kg at the +50 position.

1.) Patience! Masterpieces aren't made within couple days!
2.) Oops.. :embarrassed: Fixing that now.

1.) Patience! Masterpieces aren't made within couple days!
2.) Oops.. :embarrassed: Fixing that now.
1. Nope. Look at the E type Jag, designed in a month, one of the best cars in the world. And I was just asking you if you drove it or not :lol:
2. Sooo…smart.

Right, I feel like a bit of an arse now for spamming up MFT so needlessly recently, so I'll be doing a quick review. By quick, it's only 500 words long. And no, it's not for you Leo. :D
––––––––––––
Super small review is here!

MFT Nissan Mirca 230RS- yes, it's pink. Gotta problem?

230hp + tiny FF shopping trolley, that equation should always end with a handling disaster. Not always though. There are a few people who can make this boy racer’s dream car handle. And when it is made to dance, god it’s good. This particular example I’m looking at today is from MFT. It was built as their take on what a Autech Mirca would be like. And from what they’ve created, it seems like this Autech Micra would have been a hell of a car.

Where to start…? Well, the handling. As said, over 230hp being shoehorned into the front of a car the size of a USB stick does have its issues. Understeer, mainly. Huge, tyre destroying understeer which results in you hitting a wall head on. Not nice. But that’s not an issue here. It is a dream in the corners, eager turn-in, slight oversteer from that diff setting, then just grip with mild wheelspin and hints of understeer. It’s so enthusiastic, like a little puppy. It’s the kind of car which makes all your troubles go away, had a bad day? Get in it, go for a drive. If you don’t come back from that drive with a smile on your face, you’re either just boring, or have no soul. Anyone who hates on a little mini supercar like this just doesn’t know how to drive. But even if they don’t know how to drive, they needn’t worry, it’s so damn easy to drive fast. And by fast, I mean ‘faster than most rally cars’ fast.

Then, there’s the very remarkable 145mph top speed. In fact, not just the top speed, but how it gets there. It doesn’t drone on and on and on and then finally shift up and let the whole process repeat, it just springs up to the redline with each shift and pulls itself forwards, the longer gears making the most of the torque from the turbo. Then there’s the brakes, which not only stop you, but aid the car’s turn in as well. Only a mild bit of braking is needed and the back will try to kick out. That is an experience you’ll never be tired of.

Oh, and one more thing. How long do you think you’d last in a online lobby if you used this car and just beat everyone? My guess? You’d be kicked the moment the race ends. No one, even if they were the most humble of people, can live knowing that they’ve been beaten by a slightly riced out shopping trolley with a rugby post for a rear wing.

This then, is now a very, very brilliant car. It's a mini supercar, a good starting point to your GT career, a fun little toy and given the right kind of opponents, a hell of a sleeper. It’s the kind of car that’s got some Golf GTi blood in its veins. Proof? Well, a picture speaks a thousand words, so I’ll let them do the talking.

Trolololololl catch me if you can…oh wait, no, you can't!

Weeeeee!!! (No, I'm not getting lapped.)

So, in case you still don’t get it, what does the pictures tell you? (Apart from the fact that I’m not good at pictures) Well, it’s faster around this track than a Jag XKR around a track like Autumn Ring Mini, it handles better than a GTR Concept and is pink. Oh, and it’s a hell of a lot of fun as well. Enough proof for you that this is the GTi’s successor? I think so. One more thing. I know full well that this car is faster around Eiger Nordwand than a M92 M3 on sport softs. Giant killer? Yes. Do I care it's for girls? No. I love it.

Lovely work, Greycap.👍

Last edited:
'98 Integra re-review (minus turbo): This time around I took the car straight to my favorite track GVS. I get straight to the business pushing hard from turn 1 onward. Strangely, the car feels as fast as it did before despite having 50 less hp. But even more noticeable was how it handled the turns, especially exiting them. This was my main issue with the car before as I had problems with understeer when I got on the gas too soon. I felt I could push the car harder now than before without fear of going off course because of my hamfistedness. The car somehow felt more at ease being able to carry more speed through corners. After only 3 or 4 laps I was approaching my previous times from my 1st test. I managed to come within a second of the turbocharged versions' time before I was content with my results and observations. Undeniably a better car without the upgraded turbo kit. Guess the old sayings true about less being more!:sly:👍

Onboy123 - How the bloody hell it always ends up so that people love the cars I personally don't like at all? :odd: I absolutely hated making that thing! :lol: In the end some settings just clicked together and it actually began to work remotely like I wanted. It's certainly not the fastest car out there but seeing what it is, not much more than an oversized overweigth Kei car, its performance is probably as high as one can hope for.

kennyblanco - my personal DC2 has been taken to such extremities that it now has a stock engine and some ballast tricks which bring it back to stock weight. It hasn't even heard of understeer, actually handling more like a FR car - I've spun it more than once, that should tell something. An absolutely great chassis (not that my setup on it is bad either) that didn't really get a chance to shine in the "release version" under all the power but that's why the end note is there.

Onboy123 - How the bloody hell it always ends up so that people love the cars I personally don't like at all? :odd: I absolutely hated making that thing! :lol: In the end some settings just clicked together and it actually began to work remotely like I wanted. It's certainly not the fastest car out there but seeing what it is, not much more than an oversized overweigth Kei car, its performance is probably as high as one can hope for.

:lol::lol: So, which cars did you hate tuning? The Spirra? DC2? Cuz I'm going to test your theory out, see if it does work that way. :D Prepare to be faced with cars that are from the very depths of your automotive hell :lol:

Spirra and DC2? Oh no, the Spirra is one of my all time favourites - anything with that much oversteer must be good - and the DC2 just suffers from being a bit overpowered in its current guise. The most disappointing ones this far have been the Micra, both front engined Ferraris and the Lancer RM. Admittedly they aren't that bad in the end, each of them performing well when their specs are considered, but they never felt good right from the start and took a lot of work to get to a point in which they could be considered even above average. Then again most of it might be caused by too high expectations...

The next one I'm going to release, however, is one of those that felt very right even as fully stock. The completed version feels even better. And the funny thing is that it'll receive an unquestioned Expert badge. If we don't come up with a yet to be seen fifth class, that is. :dopey:

The next one I'm going to release, however, is one of those that felt very right even as fully stock. The completed version feels even better. And the funny thing is that it'll receive an unquestioned Expert badge. If we don't come up with a yet to be seen fifth class, that is. :dopey:

Would that fifth class be "Axe-murderer" by any chance? :lol:

What is that? A high-pitched wail of highly tuned NA motors is approaching rapidly! I wonder what they are.. :D

Ferrari 430 Scuderia Competizione '07

585+ bhp, 525+ Nm, 1124 kg, PP 585
Painted in Nuovo Blu Pozzi from Ferrari

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Front Splitter & Skirts Type A
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Intake Manifold
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: Half a million Cr. will do

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.861
2nd: 1.936
3rd: 1.475
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.849
Final Gear: 4.350

Max speed: 350 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.0 / 7.5
Dampers (Extension): 5 / 5
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 5 / 7

Driving Options

First there was the F40, a world beating supercar. Then there was the F50 that showed its predecessor what being fast means. Then came the mighty Enzo that properly schooled both of its ancestors. And then came the 430 Scuderia that made the sky fall on the Enzo...

The souped up entry level model matched the hypercar and occasionally beat it. Of course we wanted to take it a bit further and turn matching into crushing. Taking the "more power, less weight" philosophy (that turned the normal F430 to the 430 Scuderia to begin with) to new heights with the loss of another 225 kg and the addition of another 80 bhp. The Scuderia certainly isn't a slouch in its original form but now it's a beast in its own class that needs reflexes only matched in quickness by its SuperFast2 gearbox - also refreshed with new ratios, as you probably could guess. The suspension didn't need much work but everything counts and valuable fractions of a second have been gained through fine tuning. Externally it remains nearly similar to the normal model with the only differences being the slightly lowered suspension and carbon front splitters to keep the 156-inspired "shark nose" firmly on the ground. Fully deserving of the name Scuderia Competizione, the spirit of Ferraris of the golden era of racing is strong with this one.

Lexus LFA'10 "Shinden"

677 bhp, 549 Nm, 1233 kg, PP 583
Painted in Pearl Red from Lexus

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, BBS RE-MG
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost:500k+

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.649
2nd: 2.379
3rd: 1.800
4th: 1.448
5th: 1.200
6th: 0.976
Final Gear: 3.750

Max speed: 420 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / -10
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.5 / 6.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 3
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.20 / 0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 8 / 8

Driving Options

While Lexus LFA is currently the fastest and most expensive thing on wheels coming from Japan, Lexus isn't quite done with it. While the shouty Nürburgring edition is available for the few chosen ones, there's even more rare version on its way. Lexus PR department calls it Shinden, "Magnificent Lightning" due to its speed and utterly divine sound. The motor has kept its freely revving, naturally aspirated form while the power and available revs have been increased by around hundred horsepower, while the motor now finds its reset rev limiter at stratospheric 10 000rpm! Steering and handling in general has been sharpened to similar specs as the Nürburgring edition has, while the exterior keeps the "normal" appearance, apart from the rims. Oh, be mindful though.. This lightning will strike when you least expect.

Hello Leonidae,

I am eager to try your LmFAo car above^ however, as soon as I set my max speed to 420kmh, my lowest 1st gear ratio is 3.757

I encounter this lots of times from various garages, sigh,

I'll buy another car and try again, thx

edit: ok, having re-chosen it, it now allows the ratio.

I think its high time for me to reinstall this game, all my cars are wiping out 720 on the carousells online, even at 50 km.hr

p.s is your exhaust stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back