Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the thing after a long day getting burnt in the sun - a few ciders and some screaming psychos. đź‘Ť

+ the grip on the scuderia is phenomenal.

Last edited:
Hello Leonidae,

I am eager to try your LmFAo car above^ however, as soon as I set my max speed to 420kmh, my lowest 1st gear ratio is 3.757

I encounter this lots of times from various garages, sigh,

I'll buy another car and try again, thx

edit: ok, having re-chosen it, it now allows the ratio.

I think its high time for me to reinstall this game, all my cars are wiping out 720 on the carousells online, even at 50 km.hr

p.s is your exhaust stock?

Yes, the exhaust is stock. Also, follow the given procedure and you shouldn't have issues with the transmission. Did you try this car on Nurb?

Hey, you two (Yea, I broke one of the rules in the OP, problem? :lol:), I've been thinking. I've just reviewed the lovely little Micra, and I'm wondering what you could do to an actual Autech. So…who's up for that task? Or do you view it as an embarrassment to the GTR name and isn't worthy of either the GTR engine or your time? (In which case, just point me to whichever tune you've done that would have the best effect for this…thingy)

Naw, only with The Chosen Ones.
Which areÂ…Â…the R32, R34, Mines R34, R35, Autech Stagea, and more recently the Nismo R32 S-tune (and hopefully Leo you get around to doing it, I actually wanted to spend some time with it to bid a farewell before you drive it mental)

Yes, the exhaust is stock. Also, follow the given procedure and you shouldn't have issues with the transmission. Did you try this car on Nurb?

I tried it, Online on the NĂĽr V track, and I must say, I feel it lacked grip, where it understeered too often as you decelerated prior an Apex. It just felt really slippery most of the time. I tried to be more careful with the throttle, but I felt it was a little too difficult to drive, compared to even complete stock settings.

I love the car, I think you have done wonders to it, but even at the high speed right bender on the NĂĽr GP portion, leading to the chicane, it oversteered when flat out in 5th gear ! :)

I'l double check my settings, to be sure.

BTW the Ferrari above, great ride!

Well, considering that the LFA can't have any kind of aerodynamic upgrades, it handles decently. One of the reasons for me keeping the stock exhaust ( other than the lovely howl :D ) is less power and more driveability. For NA motor it sure is feisty little thing!

Well, considering that the LFA can't have any kind of aerodynamic upgrades, it handles decently. One of the reasons for me keeping the stock exhaust ( other than the lovely howl :D ) is less power and more driveability. For NA motor it sure is feisty little thing!
The exhaust is the only reason you'd keep the stock exhaust on it :D I love that noise. And I'll be driving it properly very soon.

These latest 2 are screamers alright.

The LFA IS hard to control with the DS3 - but what I did was put sports hard tyres on the back and run a few laps - after that replace with sports soft, and voila - feels relatively easy to drive. It's so quick in a straight line though - and sounds like the hounds of hell are scrambling for blood on your shoulder.

The Scuderia is not as brutal - but sounds terrific and so much grip.

Wait.. You found the Scuderia to be the EASIER to drive out of these two?! :odd: Something doesn't add up.. Could be due the controller.. But still..

Wait.. You found the Scuderia to be the EASIER to drive out of these two?! :odd: Something doesn't add up.. Could be due the controller.. But still..

Yes, by quite a margin, so it must be the controller. The LFA is a real handful with the pad - almost Spirra levels!

You must drive Scuderia harder. You didn't get even close to the limits. :P

You must drive Scuderia harder. You didn't get even close to the limits. :P
See! I'm not the worse driver to ever set foot in a MFT car then! :D But judging from your commentsÂ…I'm guessing the 430 is the trickier of the two?

Absolutely. I had my hands full with it, but then again, I DID take it to the limits.. Which was a bad idea. Spins, fishtailing, damn near lethal drifts that usually ended up snapping to opposite direction.. That car doesn't have throttle pedal, it has horror pedal.

See! I'm not the worse driver to ever set foot in a MFT car then! :D

hmmm - well the jury's still out on that one....

Absolutely. I had my hands full with it, but then again, I DID take it to the limits.. Which was a bad idea. Spins, fishtailing, damn near lethal drifts that usually ended up snapping to opposite direction.. That car doesn't have throttle pedal, it has horror pedal.

Yes, yes, it CAN be a handful (edit - and on the Ring, particularly so), but I still stand that the LFA is more so. Maybe it's all those years playing wipeout, but I've found the hardest MFT cars to control for me have been the Spirra, Viper, Stratos and now the LFA. All these cars have low-end torque that I find hard to control with the pad - but once you get past that, it's all just dodging railings and going fast. The scud brings the power on more evenly.

Last edited:
hmmm - well the jury's still out on that one....
It's neither of you, that's for sure. Admittedly Onboy got shown how the LFA is driven properly at the Top Gear Test Track and two seconds there is a freaking huge difference, that can't be denied, and you lost to me by a second and some change around GVE in the Micra... but at least you guys aren't posting times nearly ten seconds behind me like some heroes did in GT4.
Yes, yes, it CAN be a handful (edit - and on the Ring, particularly so), but I still stand that the LFA is more so.
They're both hard to drive but they're very differently difficult. The LFA is harder for an average driver as anyone can floor it too early and get into trouble with the excessive power but when the pace is increased its handling doesn't change that much, it remains the same car all the way to its limits. The Scuderia on the other hand is easier to drive below the limit thanks to its lower power output but gets progressively harder as the cornering speeds increase, when hunting the last tenths it's noticably more difficult to master than the Lexus.

It's neither of you, that's for sure. Admittedly Onboy got shown how the LFA is driven properly at the Top Gear Test Track and two seconds there is a freaking huge difference, that can't be denied, and you lost to me by a second and some change around GVE in the Micra... but at least you guys aren't posting times nearly ten seconds behind me like some heroes did in GT4.
:lol: That was smug. :D But seriously, anyone think it's time we cut MFT's Stig name down a bit? It should be this:
The MFT Stig.
:bowdown::bowdown:
They're both hard to drive but they're very differently difficult. The LFA is harder for an average driver as anyone can floor it too early and get into trouble with the excessive power but when the pace is increased its handling doesn't change that much, it remains the same car all the way to its limits. The Scuderia on the other hand is easier to drive below the limit thanks to its lower power output but gets progressively harder as the cornering speeds increase, when hunting the last tenths it's noticably more difficult to master than the Lexus.
WellÂ…I drove the LFA while relearning the controls on my DS3 (RJ told me to swap from L2/R2 to X/square for better throttle control), but I have to say, even now, it's a bit of a bastard when I have my very frequent off-days.

WellÂ…I drove the LFA while relearning the controls on my DS3 (RJ told me to swap from L2/R2 to X/square for better throttle control), but I have to say, even now, it's a bit of a bastard when I have my very frequent off-days.

I'm going to agree with Onboy on this one - the LFA is a bitch - feels like i need to relearn to drive it each time I select it from the garage, but after a few runs I get the hang of it again (i use X/square for accelerator/brake as well)

But I also can see the Finns points as well - now I did a few laps of the Ring last night after Leo's comments above, and can definitely see where he's coming from. The scud does get progressively harder to keep under control when you're going for a faster time. It begins to push back and get quite nasty. I like the ring but definitely had a few green hell moments. :dopey:

But seriously, anyone think it's time we cut MFT's Stig name down a bit?
Nah, he's perfectly happy to be what he is. Now there's zero chance for the white guy to steal his thunder. :D

Speaking of his achievements, I've just uploaded two new replays to the miscellaneous section of the replay archive - including that Top Gear run as well as a glimpse to what our resident petrolhead (who seems to change clothes every day, quite a hygienic guy I have to say) does in his free time when he's not behind the wheel of our creations.

Nah, he's perfectly happy to be what he is. Now there's zero chance for the white guy to steal his thunder. :D

Speaking of his achievements, I've just uploaded two new replays to the miscellaneous section of the replay archive - including that Top Gear run as well as a glimpse to what our resident petrolhead (who seems to change clothes every day, quite a hygienic guy I have to say) does in his free time when he's not behind the wheel of our creations.

Yay! Now, to learn from the master.

By the way, you said some loser posted a time that was 10 seconds slower than you, who was he? Minichris again?

I may have to take back my earlier words about the LFA - on the nurburgring that car is pure awesome - i don't think I've done one clean lap, but the slide from one bend to the next is crazy fun

ALSO - Greycap - do you think you'll ever post the R390 road car tune?

By the way, you said some loser posted a time that was 10 seconds slower than you, who was he? Minichris again?
One of those guys who wrote a review and we never heard of them again, that's all I remember. The lap time was something like seven or eight seconds slower than what I had done. And he had pushed hard on that lap.
Greycap - do you think you'll ever post the R390 road car tune?
Either we have a misunderstanding here or something else is going on but there's no "the" R390 tune I've made, there isn't even "a" R390 tune. Not to say there won't be one in the future though!

well, i knew i was losing it, but didn't think I was that far gone - that question maybe one for the next 'You know you've been playing too much GT5 when...' you start asking about tunes that only exist in your head....

:lol: That was smug. :D But seriously, anyone think it's time we cut MFT's Stig name down a bit? It should be this:
The MFT Stig.
:bowdown::bowdown:

Have you tried using the right stick for your throttle and brake?

@Greycap- Some of my times are almost ten seconds slower than yours.:crazy::ouch::(:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back