Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realised ive never tried any of your tunes. I know shame on me.

So if you wanted me to try one which would it be ?

From my tunes, Ford GT-SHO. Not sure what Greycap would want to have tested.

Sports softs ? I like mad cars, I expect lots of sideways and tyre smoke and a sense of dread we shall see :D

Edit: I have a fear Greycap will recommend the Spirra :D

Last edited:
Sports softs ? I like mad cars, I expect lots of sideways and tyre smoke and a sense of dread we shall see :D

Edit: I have a fear Greycap will recommend the Spirra :D

:lol: 800+hp in a car which handled scarily with 500.

It's worse with the Spirra though, I remember, a friend of mine was tuning it, and he passed me the tune and I compared it to the stock setup's lap. The difference? Stock, online, on the 'Ring, I spun out 15 times consecutively. Tweaked, same conditions, I spun out 5 times consecutively :lol:

In that case, try out the Scuderia. That should be scary enough for you.

Rzlcz.jpg

Ford GT SHO

The car drove exactly as expected 800+ bhp on sports softs with all the power going to the rear wheels. 2nd gear was to be feared after that it was fine. Handling was good overall if you can be careful with the throttle. But thats not easy with a DS3 . I think it would be just as fast if I dropped the supercharger because it would be a lot easier to drive in lower gears.

As seen in the pic the car had a tendency to lift up at times which also happened at the first high speed bend on the ring:scared:

A really good car but also mental which is what I expected from MFT.

Thanks for the short but to the point review. And :lol: at the pic! Feel free to request a tune from me..

It wasnt a proper review , just me reporting back really.

No need IMO to drive the Scuderia its my most used car in the game and ive released a tune for it too. Its on RH tyres but I did have it on SS at one point its over 600 bhp too.

I dont have a request I just thought it was overdue me using one of your tunes. I tune myself :D.

mate i love your tunes eh
here is a challenge
can u do a chevelle tune so that it doesn't just slide round the corners
so preferably more grip in the rear and straight line speed

Well, I do have one semi-ready Chevelle in my garage, but you have to do some work before I polish it more and deliver the setup to you. ;)

Speaking of delivering a setup, Greycap, you still owe me a R33 for the Mini-Micra review :D

Speaking of delivering a setup, Greycap, you still owe me a R33 for the Mini-Micra review :D

S-Tune is progressing. A few kind words to you.. Next time, TRY TO REMEMBER TO FIX THE BLOODY CHASSIS AND MOTOR BEFORE SENDING THE CAR FOR TUNING!! :mad:

S-Tune is progressing. A few kind words to you.. Next time, TRY TO REMEMBER TO FIX THE BLOODY CHASSIS AND MOTOR BEFORE SENDING THE CAR FOR TUNING!! :mad:
:lol: it was last driven in the PSN outage, which was 7 months ago :lol: sorry...

But I did fix it, didn't I? It must have been damaged en route to Finland. :D

Nope, there was need to repair the motor and chassis before I drove it..

Nope, there was need to repair the motor and chassis before I drove it..
……odd. Anyway, what do you think of it? A dream to drive or a nightmare? I found it a bit different as there was no GTR ATTESA thingy controlling the 4WD.

Some details would be useful, unless you're willing to accept a standard '95 base model with maximum power and comfort tyres or something equally random. ;)

Some details would be useful, unless you're willing to accept a standard '95 base model with maximum power and comfort tyres or something equally random. ;)
:lol: You know, I was just joking about it! I had no real need for one, I just wanted something to irritate you two since you both hate it so much :D

Personally I don't hate it but it's such a flop in the GT-R line that it's not worth praising either. I tried it today and wanted to tune it to 600PP and see how it fares against its younger brothers. The first slap in the face came when it couldn't reach 600PP without being broken in. :ouch: OK, let's go with 585PP then. After that I applied a rough setup to get some idea of its performance and I surely got an idea - it failed to break into the 1'55 range while the recently released LFA and Scuderia both did low 1'53s with ease. Admittedly the setup could have been refined further but from experience I can say that there wasn't more than a second to be found and it would still have been two seconds behind those two.

All the understeer of an R32 with none of the sharpness, all the bloated heavy feeling of an R34 with none of the power or handling magic. That's an R33 for you. :P

Also a small update, now with a new garage logo I originally made for the photomode set by SlipZtrEm.

Like the new logo.👍
On another note, I believe I found a car in my garage worthy of your special treatment if my request for a tune is still valid.

Neat new logo. 👍 But can I ask, do you have some kind of ties with SlipZtrEm or something? He seems to like this place more than anywhere else around the tuning forums. (and if you say it's cuz he has good taste, I'll slap you:P)

He just has taken a liking to our tunes, I guess they suit his needs and driving style.

Nissan 370Z Gran Turismo 5 Ltd. '08

475+ bhp, 468+ Nm, 1239 kg, PP 531
Painted in Premium Ultimate Yellow from Nissan

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Rays Volk Racing CE28N, finished in Black Pearl (M) from Nissan
Front Splitter & Skirts Type B
Rear Diffuser Type A
Front Extensions Type A
Rear Wing Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: ~200.000Cr

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.158
2nd: 2.183
3rd: 1.700
4th: 1.400
5th: 1.185
6th: 0.995
Final Gear: 3.650

Max speed: 310 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 10.5 / 10.5
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 5
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 3
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 / -0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 5

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Continuing in the footsteps of the 350Z, the 370Z alias Fairlady Z is a true evolution of the older model being more powerful, faster, better looking, the usual list of improvements. The 350Z line included a special model called Gran Turismo 4 Ltd. but this is 2011 and we're playing GT5 so the Z family has to follow suit.

Only that this GT edition is a bit more hardcore than the one preceding it. This time the name of the game isn't new stitching in the seats or something else as useless but a full overhaul of the basic model with the emphasis on performance. The engine power has been raised to approach the figures of the GT-R and it finds its way to the road through a drivetrain that won't throw cogs at you no matter how badly it's mistreated. The suspension is stiff, perhaps too much so for everyday driving, but at least there's grip available when it's needed. Finishing the package off are bare carbon aerodynamic parts and lightweight wheels to keep unsprung weight to the minimum. While it may not be the fastest car around it'll give unwary supercar owners a nasty surprise on winding roads with its immense mechanical grip.

BMW Z4M Coupe GT'08

456 bhp, 442 Nm, 1240 kg, PP 536
Painted in Imolarot from BMW

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Enkei JS+M, finished in original color from Enkei
Front Splitter & Skirts Type A
Rear Wing Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: ~200k+

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 20

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.552
2nd: 2.468
3rd: 1.923
4th: 1.545
5th: 1.273
6th: 1.080
Final Gear: 3.615

Max speed: 300 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 40
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.0 / 7.5
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 2.3
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.30

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 8

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

You know Z4M, one of the recent ugly ducklings that appeared to the M-family of BMW? I have good news to you. BMW has brought forth a roadgoing version of the raw racetrack chomping Z4M GT. While they share the name, there are some amendments made for comfort, and as such, this car is roughly equal to Porsche's iconic 911 GT3. Similarities go on, as Z4M coupe GT features a naturally aspirated inline 6 from the E46 M3 (R.I.P.), but it has been cranked up to 11. It develops over 450bhp and revs over 9000rpm, and the chassis has been lightened and stiffened to handle with the increased oomph. Set of lighter wheels is provided by Enkei, and large GT-style wing keeps the rear end planted even at Nürburgring's demanding twists. And speaking of the rear end, this car peculiarly has rear-biased weight distribution, which guarantees that the nose will turn in while the rear wheels provide the propulsion with tenacity that matches the 911 GT3. Sadly, This car is most likely the swansong of the iconic naturally aspirated S54B32 straight six as BMW M's shift towards forced induction, but boy, what a song it is..!

BMW Z4M Coupe GT'08

456 bhp, 442 Nm, 1240 kg, PP 536
Painted in Imolarot from BMW

Clickable for full size

I really enjoyed this little beast, tho, whilst I was typing in the settings it seemed very. . .Odd, to say the least, the suspension settings just didn't seem normal at all to me, but it does work fairly well once you get it on the track. I also noticed that max speed and final gear were completely unchanged from stock and was wondering if that really is the best setting for the car, as a holdover from GT4 I love messing with those two settings in conjunction with one another and am curious about why they were left stock.

Initially I didn't quite understand how to drive it and it seemed to have a LOT of understeer, then I realized that this problem was easily resolved with the addition of lots of power. Quick braking, turn, and lots of gas resulted in quite a few very fun races where I simply smoked my way around the competition. The car has plenty of acceleration, but with out the pedal floored it really does not seem to like turning very much, that being said, it is without a doubt one of the most fun little cars I have flogged around a circuit on the game in quite some time, deep forest was a blast in this car!

Of course the understeer thing could be all me, or maybe the car just has a huge turning radius. It is a very nice drifter though

Last edited:
It understeers on some tracks and oversteers on others, it's simply the track surface related difference. Also, if you checked the weight distribution, you would had noticed that this is rear-heavy car, thus, its handling resembles that of the RUF.. Which also explains the suspension setup. Off throttle it turns really well, add braking and the rear end steps to the side and you can feed on the power again and hold it in steady slide. As for the transmission, I did what was necessary without sacrificing the acceleration out of corners. While it doesn't necessarily shine in the long sweepers, on tighter ones it's on it's best. And on Nürb it's very relaxing to drive flat out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back