Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Track surface may very well be what was causing my initial feelings on the car, at deep forest it seemed very understeery(sp) but at Madrid it did a good job of going where I wanted it to. I still think it's a great tune and a very savage little car, but you definitely have to play nice with it!

After a little more testing I think it's mainly about throttle control and perhaps I was entering corners at deep forest a little faster than I should have been, so used to racing much faster vehicles around there. Once you get the hang of it this car is a really great all around racer, running around 1'02's for me at Eifel.

Last edited:
Y'all have plenty more cars already tuned up that I can try out so no need to stop working on whatever your next car is! Keep at it, so nice to still see MFT around for GT5.

And on Nürb it's very relaxing to drive flat out.

Quoted for truth - I ran a few laps on the ring last night/this morning in the BMW and it is a joy to drive. Not as lethal as the Robin, but so easy to initiate and hold little drifts through the corners. Sunrise on the ring and Z4 - perfect relaxing combination

Hmm.. It seems that Spec II doesn't require tweaks this far. But the new physics are incredible, now I finally feel like I'm driving the car really..

797 bhp, 776 Nm, 1405 kg, PP 618
Painted in Black Pearl from Nissan

Clickable for full size[/CENTER]

Really Great tune! :lol: Could you see if you could make a Indy Drag tune for it? :dopey:

Hmm.. It seems that Spec II doesn't require tweaks this far. But the new physics are incredible, now I finally feel like I'm driving the car really..

I have to agree. Some cars I do find have gotten unbalanced due to the physics changes but it only takes small adjustments to correct that. The FF's have seemingly gotten faster again. It's only a matter of time until the Volvo's take over. :dopey:

Guys, the OP is glitchy again…the banners aren't formed in the old notepad style and the flashing 'new' thing isn't where it should be…

Guys, the OP is glitchy again…the banners aren't formed in the old notepad style and the flashing 'new' thing isn't where it should be…

It's fine on my screen. You missed the "best viewed in wide format" bit.

To set that, go My GTPlanet -> Edit Options -> very bottom -> select "wide" under "forum page width".

It's fine on my screen. You missed the "best viewed in wide format" bit.

To set that, go My GTPlanet -> Edit Options -> very bottom -> select "wide" under "forum page width".

It is on wide…I've set it for wide since GTP11 was introduced…I'll check again though, my laptop's always acting up on me………

Here's how it looks on my laptop-

Roger, sending it back. It's wee bit faster and more fun in the corners if you know how to drive it ;)

Roger, sending it back. It's wee bit faster and more fun in the corners if you know how to drive it ;)
You know…if you loved it as much as I think you did, you could just dupe one for yourself…:D

And I think I'll need lessons on how to drive it then…what's a comparable car in your roster in terms of handling?

It has been a while since I had the time to actually play, explaining my absence here. Seeing how there is a raft of new cars, and that some of them have the GT-R moniker to which I am rather more partial than most members here, I started by giving them a try first.

As you suggest, I started with the easier one of the pair, namely the GT-R Spec V N1. As usually, mine was slightly different than you intended - I made it baby blue to differentiate it from the other GT-Rs I already had ;)

I tried it at three tracks, in the Supercar Seasonal, so at R246, Tsukuba and Trial Mountain, with a DS3 and the aids off (apart from ABS at 1).

The first impression is that the car is eerily quiet. Compared to the handful of cars I drove immediately prior to it, including the R390 and the F40 you tuned for me (back in the days when I was playing more regularly), it sounded more like an electric car than an internal combustion powered vehicle :)

In terms of driving it is still a typical specimen of the GT-R breed, with colossal grip, a completely unnatural turn of speed (way beyond what the PP would make appear natural) and is fairly easy to control even for someone without really razor sharp throttle and steering inputs.

There is lots of tyre squeal when cornering but without getting any of the tyres into the red temperature zone. If you come into a corner too fast, there is of course understeer for which there is no immediate correction, apart from braking sharply and then reapplying throttle. Lifting will first point the nose a bit further off the line, before it will tuck in gently. If you brake, reapplying throttle will eventually improve turn in but that is best done past the apex.

It is very safe and easy to drive, although if the tail was just a tad more willing to come into play, it could give the driver some more options. Or maybe it's just my completely rusty driving :)

Of the circuits I tried it on it worked best on the faster ones - namely R246 and Trial Mountain - and for me at least a bit less well on Tsukuba.

Still, beating an Enzo with the same tyres and some 17second head start by over 6 seconds at R246 (5 laps) is a solid achievement for someone like myself. 👍

And I have to say I truly enjoyed the experience, so looking forward to the Group A next step tomorrow - I already have it tuned and set-up. I took some liberties with it again, mine being orange :)

In any case, it's great to be back and see that you have not taken a rest in the meantime 👍

Rest? What's that? :lol: Anyway, good to see you back, and thank you for the thorough test of the Spec V N1. It could probably be improved now thanks to Spec II physics revision, but, since it seems to work as is, I might leave it be. Old rules apply, a usual ;)

Oh, I have hushush news too. Two different approaches but similar performance, from old rivals. One is a swansong of old model that gave way for something truly monstrous, while the other one is a new one that sent the old heavyweight master to the murky depths of retirement. They'll be here during weekend. :D

I did the Laguna Seca Endurance in the Nissan 370Z tune last night and it was great! That little car is incredible - such a joy to drive and a completely better experience than the stock standard settings.
Sure it was a little bit overkill for the race, but was just fantastic doing 90 laps in a car that handles and performs as well as this one does.
Cheers, and thanks once again.

Any more hints on this weekend's goodies?

So much neighing and mooing that my ears hurt, and a pile of ruined horseshoes.

Aha - now I am really looking forward to it! :)

Just another comment on the BMW Z4 - I keep taking this car back on the Practice mode, doing laps and laps around the Nordschliefe. It really is a thoroughly satisfying driving experience. Very responsive and the car and the track seem a match made in driving heaven. Not too taxing, but quite enjoyable.

That it is. I also noticed that the RE-Amemiya has same weight distribution, and now that I've tweaked it, it might see a future release.

*read in stuttered, mildly scared voice* Leo, about…about the S-tune, can I just say…can I just say that it is one of those few cars that are so fast that it skews my perspective of speed. Or, in plainer, simpler words, it's facking fast. But it also seems to stress the front tyres a lot under hard braking compared to a normal R32. I think, anyway. It's also quite good fun. If I can get my mind off the sheer speed of the thing, that is. I'm going to need a bit of time getting used to something so powerful again.

:lol: Yea, it's 4AM here, and this is my reaction to the S-tune when I'm half asleep. :scared:

MFT's GT-R's were legendary in GT4. For example, the Grim R34per.. For a very long time it was the fastest car I had created. Lethal to the driver, when handled carelessly, lethal to opponents when handled properly. Who knows, maybe the R34per shall return, to collect the few souls that escaped its previous incarnation.

MFT's GT-R's were legendary in GT4. For example, the Grim R34per.. For a very long time it was the fastest car I had created. Lethal to the driver, when handled carelessly, lethal to opponents when handled properly. Who knows, maybe the R34per shall return, to collect the few souls that escaped its previous incarnation.
Need Nismo to provide a helping hand in the form of a R34 R-tune? ;) Or do you have something better in mind?

I'll see what I'll come up with. Now, get to bed, kiddo, it's way past your bedtime. ;) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back