RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Onboy123
Nope, cuz you still need to fix your R35 parts list and see if my mini review for your Megane matches up to what you think of it. :P

I'm trying to find the post on my mobile still :D and I did read your review, I was gonna post a reply...so I shall do that now :sly:

And you're right! It's a rumbly fun little car, I really like just pootling around tracks while all the fast cars go buy, knowing I'm having much more fun :D and I need to put a note that the final drive should be adjusted for longer tracks

I'm trying to find the post on my mobile still :D and I did read your review, I was gonna post a reply...so I shall do that now :sly:

And you're right! It's a rumbly fun little car, I really like just pootling around tracks while all the fast cars go buy, knowing I'm having much more fun :D and I need to put a note that the final drive should be adjusted for longer tracks

……Or you could just adjust the final yourself and retune the gears to fit, whichever has the best end result.

And I'm assuming the X1 on share isn't a car planned for RKM releases? :dopey:

Onboy123
……Or you could just adjust the final yourself and retune the gears to fit, whichever has the best end result.

And I'm assuming the X1 on share isn't a car planned for RKM releases? :dopey:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no my dear Onboy, I seriously doubt RKM will have an X1 tune up any tike in the next millenium :lol: it's just there because I don't want the 🤬

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no my dear Onboy, I seriously doubt RKM will have an X1 tune up any tike time in the next millenium :lol: it's just there because I don't want the 🤬

:lol: Fixed again. Get a laptop, it's better than typing on your phone. More reliable :D

Edit: Roj, the R32 seems to be clear of any issues too. It can handle 100hp over what you gave it pre-spec II without breaking a sweat. And as a bonus, the view is fixed!!! :D

Last edited:

Yo dawgs, we heard you like Gran Turismo, so we updated the GranTurismo S for Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.

Does the Indy A have a turbo fitted? Think i'm missing something again. :dunce:

No turbo (though I wish it did have the high-RPM instead of engine 3, may correct the build a bit for slightly better performance later). Oil change and break-in equates to quite a lot of power with the R33 however.

Also, shift at 8000rpm. Power falls off rather severely past there and it's geared so tight that it won't actually drop to power peak if you shift somewhere in the redline.

Currently ive got about 380BHP out of 475BHP, i'll post the parts in a minute. Cheers for the quick reply! 👍

Ok, here's what i've got;

Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Fiber Hood (Body Color)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Header
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable Gearbox
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tires

379BHP before break in. :)

My car with exactly those mods is sitting pretty at 475hp.

Change the oil, go over everything again, etc. Something is definitely missing from your car seeing as you're missing near as no difference 100hp.

Edit: Accidental power limiter setting perhaps? Though if it's a fresh car it should be at 100%.

Rotary Junkie

Change the oil, go over everything again, etc. Something is definitely missing from your car seeing as you're missing near as no difference 100hp.

Oh god, I can just imagine this with my N24...I now have 861bhp, oil changed twice and rebuild after 275 or so miles, and the max straight from stock with oil change is 832 :sly:

Edit: Accidental power limiter setting perhaps? Though if it's a fresh car it should be at 100%.

Come to think of it I might have limited it!Thanks for the advice. 👍

Edit; It was limited! :ouch:

Edit; Are the LSD settings stock?

Last edited:
Review of the RX7 R400

So I came to RKM's thread to see whats new after spec 2.0 and saw they updated a few tunes for 2.0. I had never tried the RX7 R400 yet so I decided that would be my first choice. When I was tuning it, all I could think about was how wierd the tune looked. I mean max speed 112? An odd looking LSD tune? But RKM had never disappointed before so I put my doubts aside and took my new RX7 to the Nurburgring.

As I pulled out onto the track I wasn't expecting much but I was very pleased to see it would do well over 112 mph, typo perhaps? On the back straight I got it to 184! The suspension was very nice as well, handling itself well at high speeds with very predictable, smooth oversteer.

After fixing the transmission tune (I had put in some wrong settings), this car became the beast RX-7 I was hoping it would be. It rivaled the speed of the RE Amemiya FD3S' stock tune. After seeing this, I can't wait until they update the tune for the Amemiya RX-7.

This was my first time driving one of Rotary Junkie's tunes, and I think i'll have to try more

Last edited:
funny-pictures-bunny-is-sad.jpg

:(

That picture made me cry inside. :( :( :(

Some more Civic's have been released from the archives. Only the pink one has had any sort of update. The other two are future-proof it seems. :D

Some more Civic's have been released from the archives. Only the pink one has had any sort of update. The other two are future-proof it seems. :D

Yeah, the Civic RM is good ! I say that Big Yellow Penetrator is good too, but who let it pass or not is you...

Finally played Spec II! Woah the physics feel so different! It's hard to explain it just feels like the car sways more. The suspension feels looser, tires feel gripper. You feel more in control of the rear of the car, and if you push it too hard and the car starts to rotate it is less snappy, giving you more time to react. All of this is hard to explain but my driving needs lots of practice now with these changes.

Anyway I tried out the enzo and it feels so better than before with the new physics! The only problem is that it is a little too unstable under deceleration. I'm not sure but I don't really think much work has to be done there - maybe a little ballast at the front end might help though.

Also I tried Roj's updated NSX 3rd anniversary and it's great! The only differences with my version is that it has an oil change plus 3rd stage engine tuning and a semi racing exhaust. The car suits my driving style nearly perfectly. Great rotation during lower speed corners which I love while being composed and predictable. Great elevation control and acceleration. The only problem I see with it is that it runs a bit wide (understeer) at higher speeds, but I'm not sure if that is due to the tune itself or the new physics. In a very quick round up I'd give it 9/10. The nsx as a car is up there with my three best road legal cars for pure driving pleasure along with the McLaren F1 and the F40, and your tune just makes it better.

Anyway I'll finish by saying a hello to the new tuner, DragonThing! Looking forward to the new tunes you will bring in the future!

P.S. Roj, don't forget about that new Prius! :lol: Can't wait for DLC.

Anyway I tried out the enzo and it feels so better than before with the new physics! The only problem is that it is a little too unstable under deceleration. I'm not sure but I don't really think much work has to be done there - maybe a little ballast at the front end might help though.
The Enzo will need some work since it's not Spec 2 adjusted yet.
Also I tried Roj's updated NSX 3rd anniversary and it's great! The only differences with my version is that it has an oil change plus 3rd stage engine tuning and a semi racing exhaust. The car suits my driving style nearly perfectly. Great rotation during lower speed corners which I love while being composed and predictable. Great elevation control and acceleration. The only problem I see with it is that it runs a bit wide (understeer) at higher speeds, but I'm not sure if that is due to the tune itself or the new physics. In a very quick round up I'd give it 9/10. The nsx as a car is up there with my three best road legal cars for pure driving pleasure along with the McLaren F1 and the F40, and your tune just makes it better.

Anyway I'll finish by saying a hello to the new tuner, DragonThing! Looking forward to the new tunes you will bring in the future!

P.S. Roj, don't forget about that new Prius! :lol: Can't wait for DLC.

Thanks for trying the NSX! I can only think that the extra power is causing that understeer. I'd say try the Evolution R tune but that's still archived and not ready for Spec 2. :dunce:

Don't worry, I won't forget about both of the Prii. :D

Not sure if bot or just spamming random links. :confused:
Reported it. Think Jordan needs to check with the service provider about blocking the users account since that same sort of random identity keeps popping up and spamming on here.

Reported it. Think Jordan needs to check with the service provider about blocking the users account since that same sort of random identity keeps popping up and spamming on here.

I was just about to report his post too after having a gander at his other posts, but it seems they've all been deleted now. I was confused because a few of his posts were on topic, followed by a strange link I wouldn't dare click.

Seems the GTP staff have it under control anyway. :cheers:

RKM Motorsport’s Sidewinder NSX

SidewinderNSX.jpg

SidewinderNSX_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda NSX Type R ‘02
Obtained: Brand new model at Honda

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 337 BHP (@ 216.4 miles)
Torque:---- 36 kgfm
Weight:---- 1153 kg
PP:-------- 500

PARTS
GT Auto

Enkei RP03 Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 1
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Hard Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/7

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/10
Accel:-- 0/15
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-20
Spring Rate: 11.4/12.4
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll:-- 3/3
Camber:----- 2.2/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This NSX is tuned to comply with the regulations for TOSS’ Legend of the Streets and may be unsuitable for tracks that aren’t mountain passes. This is an online tune, so it is preferred that this particular tune is driven online.

This is the Sidewinder NSX. While it may be named after the Initial D team, the relation stops there. With adequate power, low weight and some essential downforce, this NSX proves to be an all-round contender that’ll give the usual touge favourites a hard time.

This is a fully broken in Honda NSX, without oil change. If your NSX isn’t fully broken in or has had its oil changed, you probably won’t hit 500PP. In that case, you’ll just have to balance the power limiter and ballast weight until you can hit 500PP yourself.

Just answer me a thing Roj.. why all of your 2002 NSX use the same Enkei RP03 wheels ? Only because they fit well on the car ?

VTiRoj
RKM Motorsport’s Sidewinder NSX

Based on: Honda NSX Type R ‘02
Obtained: Brand new model at Honda

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 337 BHP (@ 216.4 miles)
Torque:---- 36 kgfm
Weight:---- 1153 kg
PP:-------- 500

PARTS
GT Auto
Enkei RP03 Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 1
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Hard Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/7

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter
Power Level: 100.0%

Drivetrain
Differential
Initial: 0/10
Accel:-- 0/15
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-20
Spring Rate: 11.4/12.4
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll:-- 3/3
Camber:----- 2.2/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 7/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This NSX is tuned to comply with the regulations for TOSS’ Legend of the Streets and may be unsuitable for tracks that aren’t mountain passes. This is an online tune, so it is preferred that this particular tune is driven online.

This is the Sidewinder NSX. While it may be named after the Initial D team, the relation stops there. With adequate power, low weight and some essential downforce, this NSX proves to be an all-round contender that’ll give the usual touge favourites a hard time.

This is a fully broken in Honda NSX, without oil change. If your NSX isn’t fully broken in or has had its oil changed, you probably won’t hit 500PP. In that case, you’ll just have to balance the power limiter and ballast weight until you can hit 500PP yourself.

Great to see your making tunes for online racing. I for one would love to see more (450pp, 600pp, etc).

Latest Posts

Back