4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
Monza Results (Heavy Rain) :-

Closest Qualification Session This Season

1. F1MadAd
2. Kakundoo
3. DonkeyFuzz
4. kingmart1n
5. fishfash
6. jordy7777
7. GINTY1

Pole:- F1MadAd - 1:27.191

Fastest Lap:- DonkeyFuzz - 1:26.641

monzaq.jpg

monzar.jpg

That was an incredible qualy session, less than 1 tenth of a second split the top 4 drivers :crazy:

Had a reasonable start and took it easy for the first few laps and on lap 3 Nev overtook me. I tried my best to keep up but Nev was too quick for me and I was very impressed as he managed to catch the leaders and also secured the fastest lap 👍

My fastest lap again was my qualy time and by some margin, nearly a second off, from now on I would like to be called Jarno Trulli :lol:

A great result for F1MadAd, 2 wins on the row and just stealing the win away from my team mate Kak. Very unfortunate for King as I could see on the map that King was in the lead for the first part of the race.

Istanbul and Monza are my worst tracks, and even if I had used the wheel I still would not have won at any of these 2 tracks and I am glad to see the back of these 2 horrible tracks :yuck:

Next week we fly over to Sunny Shanghai, it's my favourite track, surely I can have a stronger finish here than the last 2 races.

Thanks all and see you next week.

Started 1st, Finished 1st

Just managed to grab pole by less than a tenth, but got mugged off the line as everyone got in my slip. KING had got off to a strong start and was in the lead, by the end of the first lap i had got up behind him. We then had a good battle for 5 or so laps, neither of us making a mistake. Then KING got a penalty exiting the second Lesmo, and i took the lead. Tried to push on and maintain a good gap, but i knew the guys behind would all have been getting slips, so it would only be a matter of time before they were up behind me again. Sure enough it was KAK who was knocking on my door before long, and he was looking strong. But i was doing a good job of holding him off, and for a good few laps he was close behind but just not enough to slip. But just before the last stops he closed right up, and we entered into a slipstream battle. He made his stop a few laps earlier than me, so i pushed hard to make the most of the low fuel, and try and pull a gap. When i came out i had edged ahead slightly, and with only 2 laps to go it looked ok. But then on the last lap i was behind JORDY trying to lap him, but he wasn't moving over so i was getting frustrated in his spray and with his car in my braking points, and this let KAK close right up. It was now looking 50/50 for who would win, as we entered Parabolica we were neck and neck. But i got the better exit, and just managed to get to the line ahead by a few tenths. Great race really intense, and good battles with KING and KAK. No worries JORDY, just bear it in mind for future mate even in the dry its distracting to have someone in your vision your not racing ;) Cya all next week at China, i fancy a ressurgance from GYLES :)

Tables updated, guys please can you check your points, I am 100% sure I have them correct but at my age, well you know what I mean :lol:

Some interesting battles, just 2 points between King and Nev for 3rd place, and 1 point splits PJ and Jordy.

Andrea Moda are closing the gap to Red Bull in the constructors, but the headlines go to Brawn-GP who have secured the constructors title, big thanks to my team mate Kak, we done it 👍

Only 3 races to go and things are hotting up !!

Thanks.

table15.png

2010 GTPlanet Formula 1 World Champion
fishfash!!!
3414873911_2ba0a62ae5.jpg

Jenson-Button--001.jpg

2010 GTPlanet Formula 1 World Constructors Champion

Brawn GP!!!!
fishfash.png

Well done Fishfash (Gyles) for winning the championship, absolutely dominated it. Well done F1MadAd for finishing 2nd, and I know me and King can mathematically come 2nd but I doubt that. Also well done to Kak for rounding up lots of points to secure the title for Brawn. And well done everyone else for taking part, it has been fantastic. But 3 races remain and 3rd is up for grabs in the title fight, and 3 more chances to win.

Awesome editing skills, huh?(:lol: nah, I just did that in a minute in GIMP).

So, 3 races to go, Andrea Moda is only 4 points shy of Red Bull, hopefully we can catch them up, shouldn't be too hard. F1Mad can take king, and maybe I can give ginty a run for his money(he's miles ahead in the WDC, but I mean in race position in the next 3) China is ok for me, Suzuka is a track i'm very familiar with, from Gran Turismo 4, 5P, PSP, and Brazil, we'll see.

Wooo!! Well done Gyles on winning the Championship :D and to the Brawn GP team. Even though I wasn't here for half of it due to technical reasons, I think we have done a great job!

Also, well done to F1MadAd for winning the race. If only I had done a bit better in the first half of the race and not let you and King get away, I may have won it, but alas, it was still a great result.

I'm really looking forward to Shanghai. No doubt, it'll be a close fought race once again, but I do enjoy this track and have won here before :) so i'm looking to secure my first race win of the season and try my best to close the gap to Nev and King, even though i'm pretty sure they're too far away to pass now ;). But still, I think 3 more podiums would suit me nicely, and would prove that I had what it took to fight for a decent place in the Championship had I not had technical troubles.

I'm just looking forward to a new championship in F1 2010. Hopefully F1 2010 can provide a much more realistic F1 experience and really not have situations where 1 driver is miles ahead of everyone else and wins 12 and counting, out of 17 races. In F1:CE the cars are much too stable and under control, they're supposed to actually be a hassle to drive, but they're not. You don't get oversteer at all, the car doesn't lose grip and do some sliding, and you never have to countersteer for anything. Wet racing is just understeer all around instead of instability and a slippery track. And the penalty system, god dammit, the rules are "at least 2 wheels on the track at all times".

If F1 2010 allows to change driver aids settings for all drivers online, should we ban driving aids, to make things interesting? It would sure make things interesting, especially wet races :)

I'm just looking forward to a new championship in F1 2010. Hopefully F1 2010 can provide a much more realistic F1 experience and really not have situations where 1 driver is miles ahead of everyone else and wins 12 and counting, out of 17 races. In F1:CE the cars are much too stable and under control, they're supposed to actually be a hassle to drive, but they're not. You don't get oversteer at all, the car doesn't lose grip and do some sliding, and you never have to countersteer for anything. Wet racing is just understeer all around instead of instability and a slippery track. And the penalty system, god dammit, the rules are "at least 2 wheels on the track at all times".

If F1 2010 allows to change driver aids settings for all drivers online, should we ban driving aids, to make things interesting? It would sure make things interesting, especially wet races :)

No oversteer? Too stable? Someone hasn't turned their aids off.
Even so though, you have a car that produces an incredible amount of downforce - they are designed to be grippy, not wheel spinning drifters. The whole point of F1 cars are that they are phenomenal to drive.

Even with stability control off, you have to do something like going on the grass a bit, braking on the grass, going over a high kerb, or a big bump in the road, to spin the car, or even lose stability and require counter-steering to correct the slide. Also, the way the cars spin in F1CE is that, you just do a 180 and roll in reverse until you stop it.

Can't wait for the last 3 races, really looking forward to them and my targets are to beat King and Kak. King because of the championship fight and Kak because I need to prove a point with manual gears. See you on Friday.

Even with stability control off, you have to do something like going on the grass a bit, braking on the grass, going over a high kerb, or a big bump in the road, to spin the car, or even lose stability and require counter-steering to correct the slide. Also, the way the cars spin in F1CE is that, you just do a 180 and roll in reverse until you stop it.

And anti-spin? Traction control? Have you even tried driving with an oversteer setup?
Like I just said though, F1 cars don't often slide anyway, they are not designed to.

PJ, I agree that the F1 cars are quite easy to drive, but that's because we're all really experienced, so consistency shouldn't be a major factor for anyone.
As for F1 2010. Yes, the driving will be much more technical with being able to play with wing settings whilst racing and changing strategies during the race as well, but that doesn't necessarily mean closer racing. In fact, I would say that people who have more experience in these departments as well as great racing skills will do much better than amateurs, and the gap will be even greater than in F1:CE. You may disagree, but this is my honest opinion.

I'm looking forward to battling with you then Nev, and i'll do my best to make this challenge very difficult for you ;)

Can't wait for the last 3 races, really looking forward to them and my targets are to beat King and Kak. King because of the championship fight and Kak because I need to prove a point with manual gears. See you on Friday.

I think you will beat me nev but i will try and make it hard for you though.

Finishing 3rd or 4th in a debut season would be great and hopefully 3rd but as King said, he's going to make very hard. It's ashame that Kak couldn't have been here for some races as I think I run at about the same speed with him. I'm annoyed with my mid-season record, really bad but then manual gears came along and saved me from falling even further behind. My target still remains, winning a race. Bring on Shanghai!

You should be pleased with where you are. Even though I wasn't here for most of it, I can definitely say it was the most competitive season yet. Maybe not in terms of race wins, but definitely for 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I'm disappointed that I had a technical glitch because I've never finished below 2nd in the Championship, so 5th isn't great, but I know it wasn't my fault lol.
But still, you're very fast, and definitely a contender for a race win at any of the last 3 tracks :)

And anti-spin? Traction control? Have you even tried driving with an oversteer setup?
Like I just said though, F1 cars don't often slide anyway, they are not designed to.

Yes, I have driven with oversteer setups, not too hard at all, even with aids off.

I'm just hoping that F1 2010 allows tuning of the car's for yourself online. I hate understeer, with a bloody passion, and I want to get rid of it on my car.

You've seen the cars in wet conditions in real life before, it's a hassle, the cars are twitchy, and you have to be ver careful, or else you will just lose it. F1CE's wet conditions is not like that, it's really just understeer.

Last edited:
Well hadn't tried this track at all until today, so I just tried to improve the pace I had already. Wasn't expecting to challenge anyone. I was an amused observer to what was happening at the front, at the start Gyles, Ginty, F1Mad, Kak, Nev and King were all glued together and the front 5 stayed very close. Saw that Kak was leading going through the final few corners then up pops Nev beside the number 1 spot, very very tight finish and a great win. Fastest lap aswell.

Was wondering if I could get your advice on a few things guys. I felt I was driving as fast as I could there but my fastest lap was still well down on the leaders. I know some of that was due to slipstream but how could I improve my times to reach around that pace? I done alot of practice round Shanghai today but do I need to keep practicing the track, change the traction control or brake bias? Could use some suggestions lol.

Well qualified 4th finished 4th. As the race got under way we was all close for the first few laps then Nev and kakundoo pulled away a bit and me,F1MadAD and Gyles was fighting for 3rd. As we hit the first round of pit stops we was all still together then as we left Gyles seemed to be further back so he must of made a mistake in the pits. So me and F1MadAD was battling it out for 3rd all race and he just beat me to the finish line.

Congratulations NEV on your first win after that race long battle you had with kakundoo. And great race F1MadAD probably one of my best battles for sometime.

Shanghai Results:-

1. DonkeyFuzz
2. Kakundoo
3. F1MadAd
4. kingmart1n
5. fishfash
6. GINTY1
7. Ardius
8. jordy7777

Pole:- fishfash - 1:31.704

Fastest Lap:- DonkeyFuzz - 1:31.460

chinaq.jpg

chinarr.jpg

Started 2nd, Finished 1st

Wow, that was a fantastic race, awsome. In qualifying I posted a pretty quick lap time and just missed out on pole to Gyles whilst Kak was behind me. As Jordy said, we all stuck together like glue through the first couple of laps but Kak and myself started to pull away. It was neck and neck for about 16 laps, I couldn't tell who was going to win as MadAd, King and Gyles could have perhaps caught up with us. On my 2nd pitstop I nearly smashed my car into the wall but narrowly escaped. This left 4 laps of intense battling left. On the last lap I just came out on top after setting the fastest lap. I think this was one of my most successful races so far and I've met my goal, 'win a race'. A big well done to Kak who pressurised me and visa versa for the whole race, and well done to everybody else, it looked very close on the map.

So off to Japan, hoping for something the same. See you online!

Back