4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
Tables updated:-

table17.png

Table looks great Gyles. I am hoping to make it to 100 points and hopefully can but it's going to be tough. I have a quick question which is are we going to use the run off area at the end of sector 2 to gives us more time because some of us might and some not?

I hope we're not allowed to use the run-off, because it clearly gives an advantage and it's outright cheating. Seriously totally against the ethics of racing, i hate people who do that because it's not going a bit wide it's making a new track and gaining time 👎

I agree, we should stick to the standard GTP rules of "2 wheels always within the white lines of the track", it defuses what is normally a tricky corner to get right everytime.

I hated it when I played Ferrari Challenge and there was no penalties on the last corner run off for Hockenheim - what was a potentially punishing corner became ruined. Same applies here.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I didn't think it seemed fair either but just wanted to clarify just in case. Raced these guys earlier who thought they were good but at our standards they were c***, it sounds harsh but the 1st race at Brazil they got lucky because I got an 18 second penalty and an 8 second penalty but we raced there again and obliterated them which was quite cool. Also off topic but don't you hate it when you get those maurons who just wait on track and then try and crash into you?

Yes, recently there appear to have been more and more people just joining races and slowing down waiting to punt people off. I've almost stopped playing collisions on games now because its getting rediculous.
Soooo many people can't resist the temptation to tap you off either, I used to have at least some good little fights with collisions on but now its just impossible. If I play collisions on now its just to make a load of places at the start while everyone smashes into each other at turn 1.

I don't see the problem with using the "Juncao Glitch" if everyone else does. It doesn't make the corner any easier by any means, when racing there last season, lots of people were getting it wrong and still running wide and losing time, so what's the problem?

We need a definite decision on this, because I don't want to be practicing one thing, only to be told that I can't use it.

Well look at it this way. I have never used the wide line ever. So if you allow the wide line, i will have to go away and learn how to take the corner the 'incorrect' way...in a league race! Rediculous.

Yeah we should stick to the actual track and I only found out you could 'glitch' the corner online. Me and Ginty did some some racing last night and stuck to the line which made racing more fun because we were doing it properly.

Personally I don't have a problem with the "Juncao Glitch" as most of us use the 4th gear glitch which can also be classed under the same category (cheating).

I will leave it up to you guys on what you want to do, either use it or don't use it, there will be no penalty either way.

Personally i only use 4th gear off the start cos everyone else does, and i'm not gonna get left behind. But i never use it during the race, because again it's not proper racing and i manage without. But with that were talking slight advantages, but the last corner glitch gives a massive advantage. If your racing someone and they go wide and you stay on the track, they will fly past you out of the last corner. Not only that but they will carry that advantage the whole length of the straight, and possibly be too far ahead to slip back before the first corner. I don't see the issue here, just say that going wide is not allowed and there will be no problems and no one will lose out, if people can't manage to go round one corner properly then its a poor show. Come on Gyles i didn't think we were mickey mouse racing here...

It's never been a problem using it before, so I don't see why there should be now. As long as Gyles doesn't change his opinion then i'm all for it. It may cost me some credibility if I do happen to take the victory here, but so be it. Like Gyles said, lots of people, including me, use the 4th gear glitch, and although it's a little different in terms of advantages, it's still the same principle.

Well, I didn't use the glitch last year, and was way behind everyone else. That, and the fact that Demarko ran right into the back of me and kept going.

I think I'll see what people do in the race. If someone is doing it then I will do it as well but if everyone sticks to the track then so will I. I wouldn't call it cheating, I would call it using everything you can to your advantage. I will make decision on lap 2 of the practice after seeing what most others do but I will practice both ways because I am very undecided.

Gents,

It's the last race of the season, lets enjoy it, take every advantage you can to win. I might even put a rule in, if you don't go wide then you will get a penalty :lol:

Just kidding :yuck:

I think this could be the final gtplanet F1CE championship, sigh :(

Well, we all had some bloody good fun though. Even if this is the last one which it probably is for F1CE, they have all been remarkable even though this is the only one I've competed in. We should stick together and when F1 2010 comes out, race online there because I really enjoy racing with you and I'm annoyed I can't make the Monaco heavy rain race. Oh well I'm we'll see each other online at some point and maybe in the future when we've got nothing better to do, hook up on F1 CE and show people how to race!

I agree! Let's enjoy it :D

If this is the last F1CE Championship, then it's been a pleasure racing with everyone :), I wish I could have raced with some of you more this season, but it's been an enjoyable experience over the seasons nonetheless :)

Aye, its a shame I couldn't have raced everyone here with collisions on properly, I would have loved to go toe-to-toe with fishfash and everyone else in GT5P. This game and Ferrari Challenge have been very disappointing as far as online stability and lag goes compared to GT5 Prologue which was almost perfect to allow close racing.
Hopefully GT5 features a good selection of F1 cars, or at the very least the F2007 and the Formula GT.

Its also a shame we never really got to race the NTSC drivers properly either.

Hopefully we can organise something again for F1 2010 or GT5. I am most certainly planning to organise several more championships with GT5, perhaps going very OTT depending on what content we get. (I would love it if we could save and view replays from online races...I have so many ideas if we could do that!)

I've never really been into the Gran Turismo games, in fact the only racing games I have ever really played are Formula One games :)

I really hope we can organise a GTP F1 2010 Championship, especially if the online is good. Perhaps we can even have 24 drivers in the Championship and fingers crossed for much more advanced online room setups :) (The new points system would be interesting as well, especially if we don't have one person dominating every race ;))

I think the 2010 online game only supports 12 drivers but I suppose that would mean an equal set of drivers per team though.

Whats the 4th gear glitch and how do i use it. I`m doing career mode with williams as first driver and manual gears using the paddles on my G25. When starting a race i can`t select a gear(stuck in neutral) until the red start lights go out then i can select 1st gear,but wheelspin all through it and 2nd gear and into 3rd. It costs me some precious time at the start of every race. Any tips?

Yeah, just keeping shifting gears up as quick as possible to get to 4th on the start line, it's so much quicker. Same goes for cornering, I never go below 4th gear, because you get much better acceleration from that gear in this game.

You know, its rather nice to know some of that time gap to the top times is due to glitches and cheats.
I'll be taking the corner the normal way, as I have always done. I enjoy the challenge of the track itself and couldn't give one whether it slows me down competitively.

AHHHH!!! I just remembered, i'm going out tomorrow night! :S I'm hoping to be back around 11ish, but pleeeeeease, i'm actually begging lol, please can you wait for me so that I can start at the same time as everyone else. I would greeeatly appreciate it!

Yeah, just keeping shifting gears up as quick as possible to get to 4th on the start line, it's so much quicker. Same goes for cornering, I never go below 4th gear, because you get much better acceleration from that gear in this game.

Thats it? Wouldn`t you get a slow start away from the line given that F1 cars are rev happy and don`t have any real bottom end torque. Shifting rapidly into 4th straight away would leave you lanquishing as everyone flys past??

Back