CLOSED: The GT5 Photomode Competition: Week 7

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 241 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost bought the 240RS rally car today, but didn't have a spare $700k+. Would've been pretty unique in this group. Oh well :(

I may actually enter this week, I don't think I've entered since Week 2. Lots of good entries this time, but the quantity's a little lower than last week where all the shots I wanted to take were already used.

My contribution.. hope I get to the voting stage this time...
Final entry

click for larger image

Last edited:
Heres my first shot in one of these comps......Feedback

FINAL ENTRY

Click for full size

Last edited:
raging so hard right now.
this was BEAUTIFUL on my TV. fantastic colour. I thought it'd be different, and just out there enough to get me into the poll.
upload it to PC, and it's totally effed.

i spent hours on eiger, walking around the track for the perfect long distance angle. Miniature gives off such great colour and realyl seems to enhance the off-track foliage.
too bad i thought the exposure was a little too high (some bad glare here n there) so I proceeded to turn it down a bit.
shouldn't have.
it seems that GT5 still suffer from GT4's habit of really getting rid of the richness of colour that is possible on a TV screen.
and although i think i understand why, it's still a major piss off.

this photo alone took well over 20 minutes.

ah well, no use in whining and distracting from the photo, i suppose.
FINAL ENTRY

if i have time tomorrow, I'm going back and seeing if I can get a similar, or the same, shot with better lighting. but for now, this is the entry.
>_<

Last edited:
Finally someone posts :) i didn't want to comit the awful sin of a double post haha.
Anyway here is my final post some feedback perhaps things to improve?
FINAL ENTRY
eigernordwandgtrail.jpg

By seals146 at 2011-01-11

Finally someone posts :) i didn't want to comit the awful sin of a double post haha.
Anyway here is my final post some feedback perhaps things to improve?

Try and muck around with the camera effects, shutter speed and aperture. They can really help to make your photo that much more interesting. Also, think outside the box. Maybe you could focus on the tyre tread on the wheel with some dirt/mud - that makes the photo more interesting and unique, which will stand out to the audience.

Just some tips I've taken from my actual photographs.

Hi all :)
This is my first try here.

FINAL ENTRY

Not liveried but only dressed in her white dress, I couldn't not forget the french Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 wich was a really famous Rally car in the mid 80's.
I could consider it like Sebastian Loeb's Citroen C4 ancestor in some ways...

Last edited:
I'm sure the regulars are getting tired of the broken record feeling, but...

Please ensure you follow the rules laid out in the first post. Images in the thread can be no larger than 500px in either direction, though they can link to full-sizer by all means. If you know the car your using doesn't fit the stipulations of the theme this week... don't use it.

Hi all :)
This is my first try here.

FINAL ENTRY

Not liveried but only dressed in her white dress, I couldn't not forget the french Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 wich was a really famous Rally car in the mid 80's.
I could consider it like Sebastian Loeb's Citroen C4 ancestor in some ways...

Here mate, follow this link as it shows you how to post your image from Image Shack in these competitions. Also, use the cars that they said - Rally Livery Cars.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4179248&posted=1#post4179248

Make a Flickr account, it's easy to do!

I'm pretty bad with rally photos, so this is the best I have for now:

Final entry

If I have the time, I'll try getting a better one.

OK I've resized my 205 T16 preview pix ... sorry :)

Sorry but you also need to use another car. Sure 205 is a famous rally car, but that is street version of it, not " Liveried (decal'd, sticker'd) Rally car only " as mentioned in the theme in first post of this thread - a stripe or two on the side does not make it a rally car yet. There is more discussion about this in the first page of thread.

EDIT: Moglet beat me to it :)

Good use of the miniature filter RG, liking the square format too. :)

Wasn't really happy with my entry, so got another that feels more rally to me.

Final Entry

Click for full size.

👍​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back