Boozyblokes Place Update 3-8-11 Old wet car 2.0 competition entry and reject

• Thread starter boozybloke
  • 205 comments
I've managed to get a couple of updates ready, and I'll put them on over the next couple of days. This first one is maybe a little late coming as I've had the GT R for a while now, but here we go

Hmmmm I love what you did with the angles,brought out the best of the GTR .I am gonna do an update with a GTR soon want to recreate the Mines R35.Fantastic yet again mate 👍

TVR Speed 6
A small but perfectly-formed update featuring the unused shots from this weeks (week 9) head to head photo comp. All have been fettled in photoshop.

All comments welcome, thanks for looking in :)

Last edited:
Thanks! Now I've started using Photoshop on most of my shots it's surprising how much difference a lttle bit of sharpening, colour levelling and noise can make to a picture. It really adds another dimension to your photos and thankfully, judging by the comments, its for the better :)

Edit to say: No updates now till after the weekend, but I have one in the pipeline- clues are; British, 12, mental, Online collectors dealership

Last edited:
TVR Cerbera Speed 12
Picked this up from the OCD and figured a photoshoot was required

Let me know what you think- I'm not sure how well I pulled this shoot off

Last edited:

I changed my week 9 photocomp entry at the last minute to this;

Tried to make it look like an old polaroid, with limited sucess. I guess I will have to see if I make it through to the poll

Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2010
Still not especially 'imprezed' with my last update I was determined to make my next one a good deal better, and spurred on by this weeks (week 10) Subaru Vs Mitsubishi competition I came up with these, left over from my session to create an entry (top)
Click the pictures for a larger view

In a further fit of productivity spurred on by the superb entries in the first GT5 Photoshop 'Unlimited' competition I decided to make an un-entry of my own. I know it wouldn't have won, but I'm pretty happy with it as a first attempt

Thanks for stopping in! All comments gratefully recieved :)

Last edited:
Mercedes Mclaren SLR
Another update off the back of the photocomp. The top one was my entry and therefore not edited, but then I changed it to the 7th pic unedited version. Now all are edited.

More HDR experimentation

Getting on a motivational poster vibe

The one thing that sticks in my mind about the SLR is watching it on Topgear smashing out the fastest time. This is a tribute to that lap which was quickest by about 3 seconds and remained on top for a loooooong time

Comments are welcome, thanks for looking

Last edited:
I though I commented here, but I guess i was getting off the bus or something and forgot.

anyway, I really like the one with the foggy windmills. That actually reminds me a lot more of top gear than the top gear track. Every time they bring a car to wales, they would show off the massive landscapes. Really puts it into perspective... a brand new piece of technology that only was around for a hundred odd years, and put it on a billion year old landscape.

Minimarco - Thanks for stopping in. Yeah, I quite like that shot too, it took quite a while fading out the background part to look right. Even though the game is about the cars really, the amount of interesting, and quite frankly pretty, topographical features is quite amazing.

SVX - Thanks for the comment mate, glad you think so :)

Update of experimental stuff
After looking through MiniMarcos gallery at some of his excellent experimental stuff, I was inspired to do a bit of experimental/abstract stuff myself. Have a look and see what you think. I'd really like some feedback on this so please leave some comments

This one was just some practice trying to make a retro looking photo after my dismal showing in the last 2.0 comp

This was just playing with some techniques and I kind of like the result

I changed my week 9 photocomp entry at the last minute to this;

Tried to make it look like an old polaroid, with limited sucess. I guess I will have to see if I make it through to the poll

This one's not bad. actually looked pretty cool. For next time try setting the noise to 'monochromatic' so the whole thing doesn't look pixelated. When you get grain from film, it's not colored like that. Or, better yet, try using texture layers, and set the blending mode accordingly ( i'm pretty sure you have photoshop), then reduce the opacity. otherwise a very good effort. it looks really cool. could be a good box art for a model car.

thanks for the tip mate, I'm using photoshop elements running on a netbook, so it's not exactly the same as the full fat version, and the screen is pretty small so its hard to see sometimes, but I will try what you suggest

Love the last SLR with the lines, the color works very well with the white lines.

... I'm getting ideas already.. thanks!

@ Ghertel; Thank you very much, It's great to get positive comments from a big-hitter such as yourself :)

@ MiniMarco; No, thank you for the inspiration! It's great that people can bounce ideas off each other in this way- I look forward to seeing your future work 👍

@ Spyda; Thanks! I'm pretty happy with them. Shame the Skyline didn't do a bit better (it didn't reach the poll) Better luck next time, eh? :)

Shelby Cobra, pop art style
More experimenting, this time pop art poster style. Let me know what you think, colour, composition, and does the smoke look alright? I created it in PS and I'm not sure if it works

Edit to include this second picture I've just finished; same thing, what do you guys think?

Click pictures for full size image

Last edited:
Next update; preview
Back to 'ordinary' shots for the next update with the Shelby Cobra

\/\/\/\/\/\/ See the pictures below \/\/\/\/\/

Last edited:
I've been off the boards for a bit lately, but I'm glad I looked into your gallery now that I'm back... I'm with a couple of the others here regarding the wonderful shot of the SLR with the windmills in the background. That is a stunning image; you captured a terrifically-moody shot there... 👍

Wow, thanks, it's a pleasure to get positive feedback from someone so talented.

If I'm honest, I thought the picture was ok, I faded out the background and I thought it looked better than the original, I didn't realise I was sitting on what would be such a popular image!

Shelby Cobra
A nice normal series of shots this time. The Cobra really is a joy to capture, it just looks good from any angle. Enjoy

And this was the banner that I constructed to present this little set, but for the life of me I cannot work out how to make it work. If anyone fancies sorting it for me...? ;)
Ahrweiler-TownSquare.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!​

Latest Posts

Back