Saturday Stock Car Series! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY CANCELLED.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest and say I'm not looking forward to driving the C30.

That's how I felt about the R8, Saturday just gone, & it turned out to be one of the best nights racing I've had at this event. I think it's good to step outside your comfort zone once in a while & challenge yourself with something new.

:D

I woke up at 6am, and couldnt keep my eyes open, and it being a sunday, i really couldnt be bothered. I thought it could work, but no...

You're not as hardcore as our resident Aussie Gulwick, he gets up at 5am to join us sometimes!

;)

Dont know if ill be able to make it this weekend im having major internet issues

Damn! I know how you feel, I've been going through issues with my ISP Talk Talk, & even though my speeds are pretty much back to where they were, certain people are now lagging slightly in My Lounge who never had trouble before.

I hope you get it sorted out asap mate.

👍

Having tried just about everything i will make one last attempt at joining you tonight.
I will hardwire my PS3 and join the lobby as soon as it opens.
Please let me know immediately if i have lag so i can exit before causing problems.
Everyone is welcome to PM me about this issue.
See you all tonight :)

Exellent racing last night gents, I had the best race ive had against CPT_disaster. Great driving mate. If the contact at tokyo was my fault vbr I am sorry mate I slip streamed the guy in the middle and thought i was in the clear. Really looking forward to what ever u come up with next weekend

Well, my super clean record of not once damaging another drivers car at SSCS has come to an end, I accidentally hit PB & he hit the barrier & got damaged! If you want to know how to properly deal with incidents that result in damage, then watch his onboard footage in Race 2 at Rome, he got it spot on, many of you still don't.

Some people tend to sulk & stop after they've been hit & get damage, that really doesn't encourage good racing when the person who accidentally hit you, waits, then you deliberately stop & park it, you just end up ruining their race too. :(

Also, four people last night broke the following rule: "You must participate fully in Race 1 (without parking your car), to be eligible to participate in Race 2." It's very clear, there's nothing wrong with how I've written it, so please-please-please for the love of honourable racing, take responsibility for knowing & honouring the rules.

If the contact at tokyo was my fault vbr I am sorry mate I slip streamed the guy in the middle and thought i was in the clear. Really looking forward to what ever u come up with next weekend

Like I said, I was infront & you couild clearly see my car from your onboard cam, & imo you could've backed out of it. I did look right before turning in, & could see I would be past Beastyboon at the turn in point, but when we both turned in there was contact on my rear right quarter & we both spun, I never saw you at all. Best to just call it a racing incident & forget about it mate.

:)

Last edited:
It will be very close if not impossible to make the next race, but I will try everything I can. Racing that Tamora was the best drive I've had in GT5 and I want to continue racing in this series.

I even enjoyed racing at Fuji.:lol:

Last edited:
It will be very close if not impossible to make the next race, but I will try everything I can. Racing that Tamora was the best drive I've had in GT5 and I want to continue racing in this series.

I even enjoyed racing at Fuji.:lol:

You're welcome at SSCS anytime you want, your driving was great last time out, & we need more fast guys like you to challenge Zkippe, GTP-GhostDriver & GTP_PrudentBear for the win.

:D

SSCS Explained!

From now on I will be explaining why certain SSCS rules exist, I'm hoping that if we all choose to understand what a particular rule does, we'll appreciate it more & be inclined to apply it. So, everytime you see an E, in the first SSCS post, click it to be taken to the explanation.

👍

Last edited:
I hope everything will be clear to everyone with this addition. I like it.👍

Last edited:
This rule has been retired due to nobody reporting damage, & it being impractical for me to implement.

Races 1 & 2: Credit Fine Rule, Explained.

In real world motorsport, there is usually some kind of penalty for damaging another drivers car, whether it be a resulting physical injury, a monetary fine, or even both. In GT5 there are no such penalties, except (for us) the shame of knowing we caused damage through our own mistake, even that isn't always enough to stop certain drivers from trying blatantly optimistic overtaking maneuvers, & generally being indifferent as regards trying to 'avoid contact at all costs', like the OLR demands.

So now, I am introducing a penalty system that will hit us all where it hurts, namely, in the virtual wallet! Everytime, & I mean everytime we damage another drivers car, we'll be fined anywhere between 950,000 - 2,850,000 credits (by gifting cars), depending on the level of damage caused! The practical application of this rule could be: if you caused light damage 3 times to 2 drivers during an SSCS event, you will be penalised a total of 2,850,000 credits, 950,000 to one, & 1,900,000 to the other. Fines are to be paid in full before the next SSCS, otherwise you will not be allowed to participate, drivers who refuse to pay fines will not be invited to future events (ignorance of the rule is not an excuse).

Now let's all watch the number of incidents involving contact & damage, drop considerably from this moment on! :sly:

The other positive dynamic that this will add to SSCS (besides cleaner races), is this: because we'll now be thinking twice about overtaking, it'll make it all the more thrilling for us. There will be an extra air of adrenaline with each attempted overtake, worrying in the back of our minds if it will be successful, or just a million credit FAIL! This will add consequence to our actions, just like in reality, & bring us closer to feeling the pain of failiure in real world motor sports.

The Procedure.

• Anyone, who's car gets damaged by another driver, must report it to me via PSN text message or GT Planet PM, including the details of the race, lap & turn where it happened, & who the other driver is.
  • All incidents resulting in damage will be assessed from my own saved replays, which I watch during the week, & I will apply any fines. If there is a discrepency in my recorded damage telemetry, I will ask for your replay, so make sure you save one.
  • If you wish to contest an accusation of causing damage, you must provide me with your replay of the race in question as evidence, otherwise I will use my own &/or that of your accuser as final proof.
  • If the replays from both parties show damage on one, & not on the other, the incident will be put down to slight lag, & no fine will be given, just a warning to the driver who made contact.
  • Penalties will be in the form of: 1x, 2x or 3x 950,000 Premium Race car/s, depending on the level of damage inflicted. Light damage = 950,000, medium damage = 1,900,000 & heavy damage = 2,850,000.

Light damage is defined as: having tracking out on one or more wheels (indicated by a red circle next to a wheel). Medium damage is defined as: having tracking out on one or more wheels &/or having some other damage to the engine/gearbox/wheels that might affect speed. Heavy damage is defined as: having tracking out on one or more wheels &/or having extensive damage to the engine/gearbox/wheels, that results in a huge drop in performance.

PS: If you only have a small amount of credits, & find yourself in a position where you need to pay a fine, I suggest grinding the Le Sarthe track in the “La Festa Cavallino” Seasonal Event, as it gives out 504,000 credits for 1 lap. If you can't do the grind, don't do the crime!

👍

Last edited:
Exellent racing last night gents, I had the best race ive had against CPT_disaster. Great driving mate.

Many thanks Hennessey, a really enjoyable race between us for the majority of the laps :cheers: Definitely the best race of the night for me, can't remember how many times we exchanged positions and a close finish! 👍

Drivers Briefing

• ACHTUNG! There is a new: 'credit fine for causing damage' rule in effect from this Saturday onwards (so drive "very carefully" as the rules state), click on this E, for an optional in depth explanation!
  • Practicing beforehand is now mandatory, this is to try to stop people from jumping straight into an unfamiliar car/track combo & causing incidents, see the OP for more details.
  • The warm up drive will be on the Nordschleife at sunrise, the Time Progression will be slightly speeded up so we have a night to day transition.
  • Qually on the Nürburgring 24h will be extended to 25 minutes long, this is so we can all put in 1 flying lap.
  • Race 1 on the Nürburgring 24h will be at 22:25, & Race 2 will follow shortly after. The time will be set to 19:50 & Time Progression will be on 1, so we will have a sunset in real time!
  • The mandatory colour for SSCS newbies this week is white, regular participants may choose any other colour to race in, apart from white.
  • Any new rules in the OP will be highlighted at the end with a: *, this is to make it easier for you to find them.
  • There is a new SSCS feature called: SSCS Explained, see the OP for more info, & get clicking!

SSCS: All German!

Featuring the BMW M3 Coupe '07 on Sports Hard tyres, at all versions of the Nürburgring (the 4h one might be run as a bonus race after the official event ends). Wiki has the skid pad number for the M3 at 0.98g, so does calan_svc, but Inside Line has it at 0.95g (for the 2008 model), so either way Sports Hard are the correct tyre choice for this car. Click on the GT5 Tyre Guide in my signature, if you're interested in the formula I use to choose tyres for SSCS.

Click here to got to the new GT Planet Online Races Calendar, & the click on: "Request Reminder For This Event".

👍

Last edited:
Hey, Again I will not be competing as I am... umm still attached to Duke Nukem Forever.

But VBR, its All German this week, so why is it 1 German car, LOL! At least 2 German cars would justify its title of "All German".

;)

How I wish the E46 M3 was a premium car so we could drive that instead.

Still, I just happened to race both at Nurburgring D & F for the GT4 Cup so I'm already familiar with the layout. If only we had the old version with only the chicane after start/finish.

But VBR, its All German this week, so why is it 1 German car, LOL! At least 2 German cars would justify its title of "All German".

;)

All German refers to the car & track combo, so the title is justified as Nurburg is in (wait for it), you guessed it, GERMANY!

:P

I've updated the fine rule so that light, medium, & heavy damage, are now different amounts.

MWUHAHAHAHAAA!

:sly:

VBR
I've updated the fine rule so that light, medium, & heavy damage, are now different amounts.

MWUHAHAHAHAAA!

:sly:
:scared: Better not damage anyone. I only have about 500.000 credits.:yuck:

:scared: Better not damage anyone. I only have about 500.000 credits.:yuck:

I'm glad you feel that way, & hope everyone else does too, I know I'm gonna be a little bit more cautious this Saturday.

If you only have a small amount of credits, & find yourself in a position where you need to pay fines, I suggest grinding the Le Sarthe track in one of the new Seasonal Events, as it pays out 500,000 for 1 lap.

👍

I'd like to join your race. I'll participate whenever I can.

Thanks for the invite! See you on track :)

I've read all the Rules & Regsand. I agree with them, and I'll do my best to follow them.

my PSN is morfei1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back