Saturday Stock Car Series! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY CANCELLED.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
good races? they were EPIC!!! best lobby i've been in in ages. other than concours of course

the races were amazing last night really close battles and i'm getting the hang of rwd now lol

good races? they were EPIC!!! best lobby i've been in in ages. other than concours of course. the races were amazing last night really close battles and i'm getting the hang of rwd now lol

They certainly were great mate, I might try to run 1 shuffle night a week from now on, & I'm hoping for more of the same top class racing on Saturday at SSCS too.

:)

EDIT: I've uploaded my replay files from last week, I forgot to save Race 1 at Fuji F, but Cpt_Disaster was kind enough to send me his file, click here & enjoy! :D

Last edited:
If I'm available on Saturday, I'd love to join in. Maybe not for all races, but for some.

If I'm available on Saturday, I'd love to join in. Maybe not for all races, but for some.

You're welcome to join in for a few if you want, as long as you qualify for Race 1 first & participate in Race 1 so you're eligible for Race 2, re-read the rules again if you're in any doubt.

scoobys should be good fun to race, what tyres are we using mate

I've posted up what tyres we're using twice, you really shouldn't be asking me that!

:crazy:

I would love to race with you guys. Finally I found a series which doesn't rely on that annoying pp system or using superglue tyres ;)

I've read the first post and will send a request in PSN asap :)

Edit: my PSN ID is "beastyboon"

I would love to race with you guys. Finally I found a series which doesn't rely on that annoying pp system or using superglue tyres ;)

I've read the first post and will send a request in PSN asap :)

Welcome to SSCS, hope to see you on track Saturday!

:D

Looking forward to it :)

Just have to keep in mind to not get confused with the times, as i am in the cet timezone ;)

Looking forward to it :)

Just have to keep in mind to not get confused with the times, as i am in the cet timezone ;)

If you click on the GMT +1 link in the first post, it will take you to the GMT site & the page displaying the current time in the UK, you can work out how far out from it you are then.

👍

hey vbr i'll be on this sat for a wee bit of track action with you guys, can't make concours this sunday, so i'll get my racing fix with you guys if it's ok

hey vbr i'll be on this sat for a wee bit of track action with you guys, can't make concours this sunday, so i'll get my racing fix with you guys if it's ok

Of course it is mate, just as long as you've read the Rules & Regs, & feel confident in applying them on the night.

👍

EDIT: Notice to all SSCS participants! Click here to go to the new GT Planet Online Races Calendar, & the click on: "Request Reminder For This Event".

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite VBR, I should be able to make it on Saturday so looking forward to some good racing. Glad I stumbled across your shuffle room the other day!

Thanks for the invite VBR, I should be able to make it on Saturday so looking forward to some good racing. Glad I stumbled across your shuffle room the other day!

There was some good shuffle racing to be had the other night, & we always have the same kind of close 'n' clean fun at SSCS, hope to see you on track later.

👍

Hey Guys, this sounds like a lot of fun. I've read the rules and regulations and would love to join you if you've got the room. I'll send an FR.

I really didn't enjoy tonight, there was really bad lag from th egreek and dutch guys, the amount of times I got hit was shocking. I think we may need a steward designated for each night to enforce the rules abit more because there was a lot of rule breaking going on in that 14 lap race, it seems some of them cant hack driving in close quarters and when i was trying to create some space for myself in qualy people were just driving past instead of backing off. I will happily volunteer as steward for next weekend to get the ball rolling VBR with your consent and planning of course. Also weescot man is a bit to aggressive for sscs he needs to tone it down a bit

i didn't think i was aggressive if i bumped anyone i held back till they got in front again. sorry if i upset you but if you no longer go for the gap your not racing

Hennessy is absolutely spot on there, & I've just come here to issue a general warning to the drivers involved in the Race 2 incidents at Fuji GT last night.

I have spent all afternoon watching Fuji Race 2 from multiple drivers onboard cams, & I have to say it was without exception the worst display of driving & rule breaking I have ever seen at SSCS, & that includes both you henessy & weescotman. Yes, there was some lag, yes the car was a bit understeery, yes it was the first time we've had 14 on track, & yes there were some new drivers out on track, but that doesn't excuse the lack of manners & sheer extent of poor racecraft that I witnessed from certain drivers. At one point I had someone with all 4 wheels off track on the run off after exiting Coca Cola, punting me off my racing line & then overtaking me, shocking & totally inexcusable, I got no aplogy either, just a text message blaming other drivers!

Generally, from certain people, I saw multiple instances of: people braking too late & running into the back of each other, pushing each other wide in turns & overtaking, pushing each other off track & overtaking, stuffing it up the inside in late lunges & causing contact, & generally lots of mistakes & errors half of which could've been avoided, all of which resulted in the damage of multiple cars. I have driven every race at SSCS since I first started it, & not once have I damaged another persons car (bar the 2 times I crashed at a chicane & others ran into me), at least it's never shown up on my replays, & I've recieved no complaints.

If anyone thinks that that kind of behaviour is acceptable at a GT Planet event, then they need to read the OLR again (especially the rule that says: "Aggressive driving is strictly prohibited"), if anyone thinks I will tolerate that kind of driving at SSCS, then you need to re-read the rules again, & as you will clearly see, I do not. Watch the Race 2 replay at Fuji GT from your onboard camera (I'll upload mine soon), then make your aplogies people, or never race at SSCS again.

An aplogy is like water to a flame, because no one made apologies for contact in Race 1, I think things started to escalate in Race 2, to the point of ridiculas. Right, I'll go first: I apologise to anyone I might've accidentally hit during that race, it wasn't intentional.

ALL DRIVERS: Remember this SSCS rule for next week: "Apologise for contact (during breaks)..." it is in the first post, read them again, & read The Good Racecraft Guide (you really need to), link is in my signature.

:(

PS: The rest of the races last night were fine, the standard of driving was excellent, for some reason, certain people just started getting angry & driving aggressively at Fuji, myself included.

Last edited:
I would like to apologize to everyone for causing lag. It has never happened before. I have upgraded my wifi-software and will run tests to make sure nothing like this happen again.
Sorry all

Thanks for the Technical support VBR

Ouch seemed like Fuji was a race to forget or maybe even learn from might be the better saying....

I wanted to race last night but last minute call from a mate to watch the haye fight changed my plans....

Hopefully i will be able to race next week

Last night I was really tired so I decided to bail before I caused any hassle. I'll be back next saturday on top form! :)

(Note to Self:

Get more sleep prior to SSCS
Practise

:D)

VBR
PS: Unfortunately, the ridiculas draft is a part of GT5 & online racing, just use it & don't take winning or losing too seriously, SSCS is about gentlemanly racing with like minded drivers, it's supposed to be about having fun!

You have way too many rules, if it's supposed to be about having fun.

Also GT5 is a racing game and when i compete in organised championships with complete strangers such as SSCS, i compete to win.

I'll do you a favour and i won't be competing here anymore, seems like i'm ruining your races by weaving and winning.

You have way too many rules, if it's supposed to be about having fun.

Also GT5 is a racing game and when i compete in organised championships with complete strangers such as SSCS, i compete to win.

I'll do you a favour and i won't be competing here anymore, seems like i'm ruining your races by weaving and winning.

Rules make SSCS fair and fun for all! Also reread the AUP, for your own good.

:) 👍

I have to agree, the Fuji Races were not what I expected.

Way too much contact and some aggressive driving plus the weird lag issues made the races not really enjoyable for me.

Changing line multiple times to avoid getting drafted is something which is considered unsporty behavior by me and in general too. Problem is, GT5 kinda forces you to do it if you want to win close races. I personally don't bother much being 1st or 3rd or 8th because my fun comes from fair racing for any position.

I also have to say that the Suzuka races were great.Great hard but fair fighting on track with VBR and PrudentBear.

@tony
U didn't ruin no ones race afaik so please give it another shot if u can agree with the non-weaving rule.

@VBR
I think all the rules are good and make sense. Unfortunately they only can work if people read, understand and obey them. Which wasn't the case yesterday in many situations.

I like how you are giving personal feedback to us. Great effort, keep up the good work!

i didn't think i was aggressive if i bumped anyone i held back till they got in front again. sorry if i upset you but if you no longer go for the gap your not racing

ofcourse going for the gaps is racing, but if that gap closes you back of and to many times I turned in last night and there was someone where they shouldnt have been not just you but other drivers aswell and I lost patience being twice taken out buy skippe due to his lag so i dont blame him but you should make sure your connection is good before you enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back