chromatic9's photo selection

• Thread starter chromatic9
  • 313 comments
Cheers Nick, yeah there's a bit of HDR in there.

6134640223_900c029f0e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Your shots are amazing Chromatic. Great job on the static Rally shot of the Suburu - wonderful composition. Your 458 Italia in the garage shot is fantastic as well. I love your use of color and tone in all of your photos. Great work! Are you using CS5 and Lightroom? The reflections are too crisp to be Gimp or something else.

Thanks guys.

I have CS4 and use a HDR program on some of them but on most its mainly photoshop stuff brush work, sharpening and the like. The static Subaru is full of brush work, the blending of some exposures really only gave the snow some detail and the back of the car was okay to work on.

On page 3 there's some straight up HDR using phototravel. At the tracks I find the EV adjustment doesn't work 90% of the time. Not sure if its got worse since the updates.

While I like the second shot, because of the angle. I feel it would be better if the car was not in the center.

Yes, it didn't seem to work right when moved so I just went with it, the angle was enough. I took a batch at this night time city and chose it to see how I could edit it really, I might do some more. I do need to improve in this area but I find textbook stuff predictable/really obvious and even if its technically wrong I'll go with it if something about it appeals to me.

Wow, that'd probably be the best HDR i've seen done from GT5, mine always get to distorted with artifacts and crap. Brillantly well done again chromatic

Ah, fantastic new stuff - the Subaru's one of my favourite shots in the gallery, which is saying a lot!

Very slightly iffy on the newest 135i and Jag shots, if only for tiny niggling details; the front wheel's insanely bright disc on the Bimmer, and the bits of lighter road around the front rim of the Jag. Of course, these are tiny things, as the shots are still awesome - the amount of realism is stunning, despite being HDR shots! The crispness, the tones; it's so obvious you put a lot of thought into lighting and angles, and it pays off massively. One thing a lot of people could learn from you is the art of realistic tuning; realistic angles and lighting work only so much, but the car has to look believably modified too. All of your shots look convincing in this aspect.Always a treat to come in here :)

Three small things: First, enjoy another gift on PSN; second, I forgot to mention the absolutely jaw-dropping SLS shots on the last page - AWESOME; and third, I imagine we can look forward to more photo-goodness with FM4 next month?

Thanks for stopping by Slip:tup:

Yes I'm quite pleased on the Subaru and the new Cusco at night. I know what you mean about the others, guess I was a bit bling bling on the Bimmers, I had a much muted version but I just like the red I had and extreme look, a lot of this is experimental. Not too happy about the Jag over all but the light bits around the wheels and road I was going to fix. I hope to do the Jag justice one day. Thanks for the kind comments and sorting out the prize car.

I'll be getting FM4 hopefully, big question is are you mate?

I love the mood in number two, along with the composition.

Thanks TVR and Primus Ortus

Last edited:
I really hope I don't have to compete against you in the Tournament!:scared:
When I see the quality you post here lately, I really just can bow down in front of you :bowdown:

Stunning work!👍

I like the composition in the 2nd picture, though I feel that the third picture may have benefited from a slightly longer focal length. None the less very nice pictures and editing. 👍

Back