1st GTP F1 World Championship for ordinary mortals only!

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 539 comments
That sucks. Hope to see you in the Next Race.

Well it's around 75 Minutes till the Race. Who's Excited?
Also, Random question. Should I use my Mic?

In between the sessions: not much of a problem.

During the sessions: only if it's an emergency. :)

Ok. Thanks. I'll keep it on mute unless I end up knocking someone off course. Then I'll have to unmute to say Sorry.

Sent you one a few days ago, weird - has been re-sent now. :)

Got one thanks.

Just read the rules properly... looks like the first time for no TC, no pit assist, ABS. :nervous:

I'm going to apologise now because I know I'm going to accidently plow into someone with the fronts all locked up!

It won't be too bad. If you're using no TC and ABS then brake slightly weaker and handle the car a bit more carefully. I learnt how to use no TC or ABS just for this League.

It won't be too bad. If you're using no TC and ABS then brake slightly weaker and handle the car a bit more carefully. I learnt how to use no TC or ABS just for this League.

Right OK thanks for the tips. I'll just have to take it easy then.

Bit rubbish that there's no text chat on F1 though!

Right OK thanks for the tips. I'll just have to take it easy then.

Bit rubbish that there's no text chat on F1 though!

True dat! Why don't you join our Text chat on PSN. Apparently Mr. S has invited you to the chat.

mrpink444, I've just sent you an invite - the race is starting now, so you gotta come online. :D

Great race, just a tad sad that my PS3 decided to freeze for like a second - 3 times. Spinning me out each time. :(

Mr. S
Great race, just a tad sad that my PS3 decided to freeze for like a second - 3 times. Spinning me out each time. :(

That sucks, it would have been a good race. You were also going fairly slow in your first stint, were you saving fuel and tires.

Last edited:
Yeah good racing. Sorry if anyone got collected when I spun due to a puncture around lap 20.

Almost had you at the end there Jamie!

UQe66.jpg

Australian Grand Prix

Qualifying

1 - Mr. S | 1:21.861
2 - Pawel17 | 1:23.305
3 - Jamie-C | 1:23.524
4 - bazylfox | 1:24.173
5 - GTRacerUK | 1:24.847
6 - thunderjolt | 1:25.042

Race

1 - Pawel17 | 1:23.110
2 - Mr. S | 1:22.429
3 - bazylfox | 1:24.254
4 - Jamie-C | 1:25.492
5 - GTRacerUK | 1:24.175
NC - thunderjolt | dropped out after qualifying

Standings

1 - 30 points - Mr. S | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 1, pole: 1)
2 - 25 points - Pawel17 | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
3 - 15 points - bazylfox | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
4 - 12 points - Jamie-C | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
5 - 10 points - GTRacerUK | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)

Man, I feel so crushed missing the race.. Stupid Parents! They always have to make you stop playing at the worst times..

UQe66.jpg

Australian Grand Prix

Qualifying

1 - Mr. S | 1:21.861
2 - Pawel17 | 1:23.305
3 - Jamie-C | 1:23.524
4 - bazylfox | 1:24.173
5 - GTRacerUK | 1:24.847
6 - thunderjolt | 1:25.042

Race

1 - Pawel17 | 1:23.110
2 - Mr. S | 1:22.429
3 - bazylfox | 1:24.254
4 - Jamie-C | 1:25.492
5 - GTRacerUK | 1:24.175
NC - thunderjolt | dropped out after qualifying

Standings

1 - 30 points - Mr. S | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 1, pole: 1)
2 - 25 points - Pawel17 | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
3 - 15 points - bazylfox | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
4 - 12 points - Jamie-C | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
5 - 10 points - GTRacerUK | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)

Is there no constructors championship then?

Also 7 tenths quicker in the race than qualifying is a first for me...

Also remember I won't be racing next week as I'll be working.

Wasn't a bad race considering. Lap 1 turn 1 I had the Merc of bazylfox dive up the inside, he then couldn't slow it down got a wheel on the grass and spun, I had know where to go and lost my front wing. I ended up losing about 10 seconds before I made it to the pits and got a set of primes, thats when the chase began :lol:

Apart from that it was a good clean race, had a few close battles with bazylfox & GTRacerUK. Nice racing guys. Looking forward to the next one :D

Wasn't a bad race considering. Lap 1 turn 1 I had the Merc of bazylfox dive up the inside, he then couldn't slow it down got a wheel on the grass and spun, I had know where to go and lost my front wing. I ended up losing about 10 seconds before I made it to the pits and got a set of primes, thats when the chase began :lol:

Apart from that it was a good clean race, had a few close battles with bazylfox & GTRacerUK. Nice racing guys. Looking forward to the next one :D

Sounded like an intense race. And a fail on the first corner. :P

Is there no constructors championship then?

Also 7 tenths quicker in the race than qualifying is a first for me...

Also remember I won't be racing next week as I'll be working.

Some people might change their cars and they're set to equal anyway, so I thought we wouldn't need it. What do you guys think?

Glad to hear it was fun, looking forward to Malaysia, too. :)

Constructors championship would just be another fun thing to add in my opinion. See which drivers can rack up the most points between them. Not a necessity off course but it would add another sense of competition :cool:

Also, Malaysia has to be wet :D

Jamie-C
Constructors championship would just be another fun thing to add in my opinion. See which drivers can rack up the most points between them. Not a necessity off course but it would add another sense of competition :cool:

Also, Malaysia has to be wet :D

Alright, if a constructors will be added, i need to pair up with the ferrari driver....who didnt race. Ans if it is wet, are there still no assists??

Also, i am puzzled that i am lowe in points then mr.s till i re-read the first post, if i knew that then, i would have pushed, but i wasnt, because i wanted mr.s to catch up, so i would have someone to race.

Last edited:
Alright, if a constructors will be added, i need to pair up with the ferrari driver....who didnt race. Ans if it is wet, are there still no assists??

China is the first scheduled wet race. Assists will be banned in all wet races as well, of course. :)

And being forced to team up to get a "good" standing related to a constructors championship is what I wanted to avoid. Everyone should drive their favourite car instead of being forced to team up with someone, I think. I can include that, of course - I just don't think it'd a lot of good.

Regarding the points: indeed, I've had the extra points listed right from the start - I've seen lots of F1 2010 series without extra points and people used to slow down during the race or even settle for 2nd or 3rd during qualifying. :)

Last edited:
Mr. S
China is the first scheduled wet race. Assists will be banned in all wet races as well, of course. :)

And being forced to team up to get a "good" standing related to a constructors championship is what I wanted to avoid. Everyone should drive their favourite car instead of being forced to team up with someone, I think. I can include that, of course - I just don't think it'd a lot of good.

Regarding the points: indeed, I've had the extra points listed right from the start - I've seen lots of F1 2010 series without extra points and people used to slow down during the race or even settle for 2nd or 3rd during qualifying. :)

Oh i see, i guess its a fair point. Its what i did, but mainly to save the tires.
And i reckon mr.s is the man to catch in this comp.
Hopefully, we dont see a vettel championship

Last edited:
Hello everyone :)

Some great racing yesterday !

I had some fights with AI and spun 3 times, not to mention going on grass, but it was fun !

I had to change tires after 3 laps because of spinning then build up the pace.
Nice racing with GTRacerUK and Jamie-C. I had 3 pit stops (soft/soft/hard) and was going from last - 9th - to 3rd :)

Last laps i was racing without KERS - it just turned off :/

I'm looking forward to next race with You guys it was pleasure and fun.

I agree not to make constructors champinship.

I think no assists is much more demanding in rain conditions, so yes ! let's do it ;)

Hello everyone :)

Some great racing yesterday !

I had some fights with AI and spun 3 times, not to mention going on grass, but it was fun !

I had to change tires after 3 laps because of spinning then build up the pace.
Nice racing with GTRacerUK and Jamie-C. I had 3 pit stops (soft/soft/hard) and was going from last - 9th - to 3rd :)

Last laps i was racing without KERS - it just turned off :/

I'm looking forward to next race with You guys it was pleasure and fun.

I agree not to make constructors champinship.

I think no assists is much more demanding in rain conditions, so yes ! let's do it ;)

You might've had a KERS Malfunction. Luckily it was only on the last lap.

It happend first time for me, didn't expect this comming :)

Lucky for me i had some gap :)

edit: now i remembered some fighting with Jamie-C in Lotus-Renault. I was able to use DRS two times to overtake Jamie-C. First time i overtook him, but braked too late and my car drove straight into grass.

Second time i was much more carefull and brake in right moment. Was trying my best to race clean and dont crash into anyone. Sorry Jamie-C if You have broken front wing because of me.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back