Camber 2.5/2.0
Toe -0.10/0.15
LSD 15/15/7
Brake 4/6
Balast 0
Power Limiter 90.1%

Alfa Romeo Giulia T22 '65
251hp, 620kg, 554PP

This has become one of my favorite cars to drive in GT5.

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbo
Fully customizable trans
LSD
Suspension fully customizable
Racing Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH -25/-25
Springs 12.5/10.0
Dampers ext 8/7
Dampers comp 6/5
ARB 5/4
Camber 3.0/2.0
Toe -0.20/0.20
LSD 10/15/5
Downforce 15/24
Brake 5/5
Balast 0
Power Limiter 100%

Last edited:
Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68
103hp, 660kg, 386PP

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
LSD
Racing Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH -25/-25
Springs 9.0/7.0
Dampers ext 6/5
Dampers comp 5/3
ARB 5/3
Camber 2.7/2.2
Toe -0.10/0.10
LSD 7/10/5
Brake 4/8
Balast 0
Power Limiter 100%

Focus RS WRC 07 '08 dirt & snow tune
354hp, 1230kg, 531PP

Installed Parts
Chassis Reinforcement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
LSD
Center Differential
Dirt Tires or Snow Tires

Online Tune
RH 0/0
Springs 6.5/5.0
Dampers ext 5/4
Dampers comp 2/1
ARB 4/4
Camber 2.0/2.0
Toe -0.00/-0.30
LSD Front 10/10/5
LSD Rear 10/20/10
Front/Rear Torque Split 40/60
Downforce 15/35
Brake 5/5
Balast 0
Power Level 100%

Lotus Evora '09
354hp, 1170kg, 505PP

Installed Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 3
ECU tuning
Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter: sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
LSD
Sport Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH -12/-12
Springs 10.7/15.3
Dampers ext 6/7
Dampers comp 5/5
ARB 4/3
Camber 3.0/2.5
Toe -0.20/0.10
LSD 7/30/15
Brake 3/6
Balast 0
Power Level 100%

2010 NASCAR Daytona Oval Tune
835hp, 1565kg, 623PP

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
LSD
Racing Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH 5/10
Springs 18.5/17.5
Dampers ext 9/7
Dampers comp 7/7
ARB 6/6
Camber 3.5/3.0
Toe 0.0/0.0
LSD 15/25/5
Downforce 20/40
Brake 0/0
Balast 0
Power Limiter 100%

2011 NASCAR Road Course Tune
865hp, 1565kg, 651PP

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
LSD
Racing Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH -17/-17
Springs 16.0/15.0
Dampers ext 7/7
Dampers comp 5/5
ARB 4/3
Camber 2.7/2.5
Toe -0.15/0.10
LSD 15/13/5
Downforce 50/65
Brake 5/9
Balast 0
Power Limiter 100%

Hello MCH, I was trying to understand waht's going on with those strange theories about reversed setup in GT5 and/or different online physics.
I ended up in your post and I wanted to say: really well done! The most reliable and similar to real life explanations imo. I do agree with you about the correct effects of tuning; but I didn't understand your opinion about the online physic, is it different? What do you think?

I do agree with you about the correct effects of tuning; but I didn't understand your opinion about the online physic, is it different? What do you think?

Online vs. offline - there is definately a difference. I feel that they are closer together since spec 2.0, but still need some tweaks to be fast online. I find that there tends to be less overall grip online, but the largest affect is on rear drive, higher hp cars. I normally adjust LSD initial up on cars like these for online use. Also sometimes need to make adjustments to the LSD accel if one rear tire is turning red - may not catch something like this in a grippier offline tune. Lastly, I sometimes make small adjustments to ARBs, springs/dampers, rear toe and camber, generally in that order.

I would say that the LSD can sometimes require big increases, sometimes double initials, but the suspension adjustments are usually small for online. If you have a well balanced car offline, most of that balance will carryover to online.

whats your decision making process about power limiters seems like you use it on most of your setups.

Over the past month I have been racing with 450PP rooms like this group: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=193193 450pp Street Car Tuners Club -- Nightly 9:45-12:00 EDT. They are a fun group to run with. This is why you'll see PP level tunes showing up in my garage.

I have been using the following thoery for PP tunes:
1st - max out the HP
2nd - don't add weight reduction or aero
3rd - use the power limiter to get down to the PP level

Lately, I have been playing with fewer HP parts and trying not to over use the power limiter. I am testing keeping the power limiter usually above 90%, sometimes dipping down toward 85%. I am still avoiding weight reductions and aero. I'm not far enough along in my testing to tell which thoery is best. It all seems to depend on the car at this point. The Mazda RX8, the '07 MX-5, NSXs and BMW M3s seem to do well compared to other cars using both methods. Not having much success with my Lotus PP tunes but those were all max weight reductions too. Need to do more testing with them - like buy a new one and follow the new thoery.

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
286hp, 931kg, 478PP

Installed Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Reinforcement
ECU tuning
Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbo
Fully customizable trans
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Sport Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH -5/-5
Springs 7.5/4.0
Dampers ext 5/3
Dampers comp 3/2
ARB 3/1
Camber 2.0/2.0
Toe -0.10/0.50
LSD 25/15/20
Brake 6/4
Balast 0
Power Level 100%

Transmission
1st Gear 3.240
2nd gear 2.150
3rd gear 1.650
4th gear 1.325
5th gear 1.094
6th gear 0.937
Final gear 4.100
Top Speed 149

Last edited:
So if I start with your standard set-up for an FR car and find I tend to oversteer exiting the corner, I assume you would suggest first increasing the LSD accel? That's what I tend to do since I now understand how that works better than I do the suspension adjustments. But, how far would you go with the LSD adjustment before changing suspension settings, and what suspension settings would you start with? Again, keeping it as simple as possible!

Accel depends on which rear tire is turning red.
Inside rear tire red = increase LSD Accel
Outside rear tire red = decrease LSD Accel
Neither tire or both tires turning red equally, increase LSD Initial Torque. How far to go with LSD? I don't like maxing out settings in either direction. Get into the 45 range on Initial Torque and the problem probably won't be solved by Initial Torque. As for LSD Accel, that is only to balance inside or outside wheel spin. Find the sweet spot where both wheels behave together.

Next I would adjust Anti-Roll Bars, Spring Rate/Dampers then Ride Height in that order. ARBs make a big difference. Soften the rear or stiffen the front. Settings like 5/2 work well on FRs.

Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 - 450PP tune
270hp, 1180kg, 450PP

Installed Parts
ECU tuning
Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD
Sport Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH -15/-15
Springs 7.0/9.5
Dampers ext 5/7
Dampers comp 3/5
ARB 3/5
Camber 2.5/2.0
Toe -0.15/-0.15
LSD 7/10/5
Brake 4/7
Balast 0
Power Level 94.2%

Last edited:
Hey MCH, if you have the chance, will you try to get a cure to this:
Pescarolo Hybride C60 judd Car '05

I tried to give it some grip but ended with some strange voodoo tuning, and i'm still not happy, with corner exit

TNX

Hey, just thought I'd stop by and thank you again for all your help and your vote of confidence on my road course driving and tuning. I am currently in the top 100 in the NASCAR TT with a time of 47.590. Can you believe it, lol. I went from not even being able to keep a car on the damn track about 3 months ago to this. A small but rewarding victory for me. Gonna keep shooting for that #1 spot. Couldn't have done it without your help bro. Thanks again.

Hey, just thought I'd stop by and thank you again for all your help and your vote of confidence on my road course driving and tuning. I am currently in the top 100 in the NASCAR TT with a time of 47.590. Can you believe it, lol. I went from not even being able to keep a car on the damn track about 3 months ago to this. A small but rewarding victory for me. Gonna keep shooting for that #1 spot. Couldn't have done it without your help bro. Thanks again.

Congrats KB.

appreciate all your hard work. So many new tunes to try. Really like the link next to the name of the car. Thanks again.

Greetings & Salutations, MC Hami,

I was wondering if you may elaborate, on a theory if you have , as to why wheel users such as yourself recently with the G27, need radically different LSD settings, than those with analog game pad users. And if needed, are there other recommonded settings that wheel users should be concerned with?

Looking forward to trying some of your 500pp -505pp tunes on the Nordschleife, for this is where I'm always at. I also notice the Lexus LFA dominates on this track at the selected pp range, where even many tunes advertised around this subforum, at the same pp levels, can't keep up to the LFA after 6 minutes of the Nür. I am wondering if secrets from many unused cars in the garage, can be unleased to take on the LFA for a competitive edge. Have a great day.

I was wondering if you may elaborate, on a theory if you have , as to why wheel users such as yourself recently with the G27, need radically different LSD settings, than those with analog game pad users. And if needed, are there other recommonded settings that wheel users should be concerned with?

Looking forward to trying some of your 500pp -505pp tunes on the Nordschleife, for this is where I'm always at. I also notice the Lexus LFA dominates on this track at the selected pp range, where even many tunes advertised around this subforum, at the same pp levels, can't keep up to the LFA after 6 minutes of the Nür. I am wondering if secrets from many unused cars in the garage, can be unleased to take on the LFA for a competitive edge. Have a great day.
i use the pad and tune my lsd exactly the same way.

I've had the G27 for a little over a month now and I have been using both the DS3 and the Wheel. I haven't finished building my new wheel stand, so I have to drag out a TV tray and set up the wheel each time I want to use it. That's not always convenient if I only have an hour or so to play. So I'm still using and tuning with both.

I have found some differences between controllers.

First, the wheel pedals are just a better way to manage throttle and brakes. I can be much more smooth on/off throttle and can left foot brake that I cannot do with the DS3. No changes in tunes necessary for this difference, just easier to drive really high HP or difficult cars like Yellow Birds, FGT, Verons, etc.

The second difference is the steering itself. Each has a flaw. With the DS3, the lock to lock throw is short. I have added controller extenders that really help be smooth, but it feels like the game has programmed shorter car wheel movement with the DS3? With the G27, the force feedback has a programming error in the return to center for the wheel. Why is there FFB when mid corner trying to return the wheel to center. The force was on the outside wheels, why when I turn back does the wheel switch the FFB to the other side? My real race car would still have force on the outside tires as am unwinding the wheel from mid corner off. The G27 works correctly (more like real world) in iRacing so I think it's PDs programming. What this changes in tuning is that I have to jerk the wheel back to center on corner exit as the game is trying to keep me from moving the wheel back to center. An agressive LSD tune that is set up to be more open mid corner will be fantastic on a DS3 and will break the car loose on the G27. It's all about having to have really quick hands on exit or adjusting the Initial Torque higher (and sometimes Accel) to make the LSD lock earlier and avoid spinning tires on exit.

I wish the G27 was more adjustable in GT5. I'm thinking of adding resisters on a switch to the FFB motors. When I play GT5 the FFB can be really light and when I play iRacing it can be normal.

Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2 Seater (S130) '78
263hp, 1043kg, 455PP
Maxed this tune out just because I hate the Dome Zero in the Japanese Classic Seasonal

Installed Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Enging Tuning Stage 3
ECU tuning
Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans