Time spent on a normal WRS week?

Time spent on a average WRS week

• Two or three green laps and I'm outta here.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Less than an hour

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • A couple of hours maybe

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • 3-4 hours

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • 4-8 hours

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • 8-16 hours

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • I'm chukability, it's not a real effort if it's less time than a full time job

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
I spent upwards of 10 hours on the week 46 event... not that I have much to show for it though.. :(

Oh well, that's why I joined the WRS, so I could better my racing skills. Before this, it was all about "win win win!" and I didn't pay much attention to precision driving and clean lines. Now it's just about trying to get smoother while getting faster.

It took me 1-2 years to get competitive, and even then some events I do better on than others, but I think if you're younger the learning curve is faster. The key is learning the tracks. Then you can make the car be where it has to be to go fast. First you have to know where that is! I'm still learning, but I'm old!!

I spent upwards of 10 hours on the week 46 event... not that I have much to show for it though.. :(

Oh well, that's why I joined the WRS, so I could better my racing skills. Before this, it was all about "win win win!" and I didn't pay much attention to precision driving and clean lines. Now it's just about trying to get smoother while getting faster.

If you made improvements over your initial times and learned more about the track, you have a lot to show for it. 👍

There will be lots of NTSC format replays for you to watch this week as well.

Grab any that are faster than you so you can get ideas from different drivers and their style. Watch what they are doing with Throttle and Brake, put the lap in the data logger and compare to to yours, and try watching from in car view to get a better idea of the wheel inputs.

Also try uploading the Ghost of one of the faster drivers and chasing after it.

Oh well, that's why I joined the WRS, so I could better my racing skills.

This story is not about me but about WRS.

More than a year ago, when i bought GT5 i started doing the online TTs and felt i was really slow even if it tried really hard.
Remember specially a TT on Rome circuit that i had the Peugeot that everyone on the leaderboard used and tried for days
to enter the top 1000 :crazy:.
Used a ghost of the faster guys and the sensation on every turn to see the ghost getting more and more way was frustrating to say the least and tought how do they do that.

Saw on the front page of GTplanet that the WRS Qualifier was about to begin and gave it a shoot, using automatic transmission, only using one foot to gas and brake and after tried really for a long time i submited and end on D2 Bronze.

Last night after the end of a fantastic Week 46 :cheers: and being on D2 Gold i decided to try the online TT at Autumn Ring Mini just for fun (and the million).

That´s the track used on Week 21 and i saw that everyone was using the GSX-R/4 Concept '01 that we used on Week 20 so i felt at home :dopey:

I picked the car and saw that my good friend Chris 👍 already made a tune to it and posted on the Seasonal forum section.

Well, without any effort, and using only my ghost, after a 20 laps stint i was on place 143 of the leaderboard and seeing all the places were i could gain time.
Knew every inch of the track, how to aproach first turn and the S section and was already used to the car.
I now use manual transmission, brake with the left foot, brake early to get on the gas the as soon as possible (i had the habit to break really late), can do trail brake, really understand what apex means :dunce:, choose the correct gear and the revs to go, and on and on.
And above all, have friends around the globe :bowdown:
In a word, you´re on the right place 👍
(But i still don´t know how the aliens do it :crazy:)

Thanks to Kevin, Vaxen, Joost and the rest of all the WRS crew.
Fantastic year with this great family :cheers:

(sorry for the text wall :scared:)

It took me 1-2 years to get competitive, and even then some events I do better on than others, but I think if you're younger the learning curve is faster. The key is learning the tracks. Then you can make the car be where it has to be to go fast. First you have to know where that is! I'm still learning, but I'm old!!

I think the learning curve slows down after you leave school :) & I'm nearly pushing 40, so GT5 is 20yrs to late to teach this old dog new tricks :sly:

(sorry for the text wall :scared:)
Don't worry. I enjoyed reading it, very passionate.
I think the learning curve slows down after you leave school :) & I'm nearly pushing 40, so GT5 is 20yrs to late to teach this old dog new tricks :sly:

+1. I'm going 38 but never had blinding fast reflexes (correct choice of word?), focusing my drive on planning lines and reacting as I can. So becoming older will not be so bad :yuck:

38 here as well Duck, and yes your choice of words was correct 👍

Nice read Joao, but then you always do have a way with words. Feliz Ano Novo ;)

I voted on 3-4hrs
Don't have much spare time for WRS these days :( but I had made a pretty strict rule for myself to never put more than 4hrs in. Generally it was 2hrs on day1 to figure things out, then a 1hr session the next day to put it all together, if not, then another 1hr session the next day again, then it's submit time regardless of results :nervous:.
When I first started WRS I was putting quite a bit of time into it (I would've been in the 4-8 bracket), but then realised that whenever my total for the week got above 4hrs I would start to get angry and when that happens you don't get any faster :mad:.

:cheers:

I didnt voted because i still havent participate to an event yet, but im sure ill have to run over 4 hours depending the track.

I also hope to improve my driving by joining the WRS, and especially my tuning skills, still amazed how you guys help each other with this level of competition, i really like that !

Way to go Usual Suspect! 👍

I'm going 38 but never had blinding fast reflexes (correct choice of word?), focusing my drive on planning lines and reacting as I can. So becoming older will not be so bad :yuck:

40 here and what we may lack on reflexes we gain on will power :mischievous:

Nice read Joao, but then you always do have a way with words. Feliz Ano Novo ;)

Are you taking portuguese lessons? :dopey: thanks mate, you too :sly:

I also hope to improve my driving by joining the WRS, and especially my tuning skills, still amazed how you guys help each other with this level of competition, i really like that !

Way to go Usual Suspect! 👍

Thanks, call me Joao :)

I am totally back in the 4-8 hours bracket now, things have hotted up :)

My first WRS, so far i spend more then 6 hours practise on Monza (first time with manual gearbox), but i can tell now already this is gonna be addictive.
In the past i also spent a huge amount of hours on the online TT's. But these Trials are better balanced, and the way the leaderbord works, makes it all very exciting.

Bying a 'G27', opened a whole new world, and yeah i am lovin' every minute of it ;)

Back