Jump_Ace

Compare Yourself To The Best Of Your Own Abilities
Staff Emeritus
United States
Portland, OR
Jump_Ace
JUMPxACE
full

The GTP_WRS Team Championship Series II: The Revenge! - Interest & Sign-Ups Thread

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

nHux43.jpg

Format:
  • The GTP_WRS Team Championship Series (TCS - Formerly the GTP_WRS Team Trial Challenge) is back!
  • The GTP_WRS TCS is a team based time trial event.
  • This event is governed by the GTP WRS Race Admins, but is separate from, and doesn't effect the Standard WRS & OLR WRS.
  • There are 4 Time Trial events in all.
  • This is an offline event series. As such, all events are to be run in the offline 'Arcade' mode.
  • The team with the most points after 4 events wins. Points are calculated from a formula comprised of your lap time and handicap.
  • Each event will be posted one at a time on Sunday. Teams will have 1 week to complete the event, ensure the replay is clean and submit their times to their Team Captain. The team captain will then submit that time to me via PM. Look under the 'Submitting Your Team's Time' section for more information.
  • Here's the event schedule - Series will start March 4th.

Week 1: Date March 4th 2018
  • All Teams Finalized 11:59pm GMT
  • Event 1 Race Details Posted

Week 2: Date March 11th 2018
  • Event 1 Deadline 11:59pm GMT
  • Event 2 Race Details Posted

Week 3: Date March 18th 2018
  • Event 2 Deadline 11:59pm GMT
  • Event 3 Race Details Posted

Week 4: Date March 25th 2018
  • Event 3 Deadline 11:59pm GMT
  • Event 4 Race Details Posted

Week 5: Date April 2nd 2018
  • Event 4 Deadline 11:59pm GMT
  • Final Results Posted Within The Next Few Days After The Event 4 Deadline
[*]Post team members and team names in this thread. My 2nd post in this thread contains the official team information.
[*]All teams need to be finalized by [TBD] at 11:59pm GMT
[*]Teams are comprised of 5 (minimum) to 6 (maximum) members, of which 4 will submit their best times in one of four regular WRS events; 4 drivers (one of whom is the team captain), up to 2 alternates.
[*]Teams get to pick their own members.
[*]As mentioned above, rankings are based on both overall time and a drivers handicap. With that in mind, comprising a team of 'all-stars' may not be the way to go. Perhaps finding teammates who are poised for improvement could prove to be more beneficial. Or if you just want to race with your friends on a team, go for it!
[*]If a team needs a driver, or a driver needs a team, make the request in this thread. I don't need to 'Okay' any teammates, as long as they are in the WRS Registry, that's fine.
[*]Team Captains will need to be nominated, they will be responsible for:
- Posting the the team name and listing the members in this thread
- Submit their team's time (driver, time, etc.) to me via Private Message.
[/LIST]
Thread Rules:
  • Discussions about sector times and car settings are OPTIONAL. There is still no discussion about full lap times.
  • I'd recommend once your team is finalized, to create a new conversation amongst each other for car tuning tips and sector time comparison, etc.
  • Feel free to post questions you may have about the race series here 👍
Point System:
  • Points are based off a combination of your fastest time and your handicap.
  • Your handicap can be seen here. (the number in parenthesis).
  • Once we have a finalized list of teams & participants, we will 'lock' (aka copy to a google sheet) the GTP_WRS Registry handicap values for the duration of the Team Championship Series just for this series so we can have a consistent handicap.
  • NOTE: The points below are placeholders, points per position may increase or decrease depending on the number of teams that participate.
Point Values:
  • 1st: 25pts.
  • 2nd: 23pts.
  • 3rd: 21pts.
  • 4th: 19pts.
  • 5th: 17pts.
  • 6th: 15ts.
  • 7th: 13ts.
  • 8th: 12ts.
  • 9th: 11pts.
  • 10th: 10pts.
  • 11th: 9pts.
  • 12th: 8pts.
  • 13th: 7pts.
  • 14th: 6pts.
  • 15th: 5pts.
  • 16th: 4pts.
Events:
  • Events will be posted in typical WRS event fashion, with the car and track specific details, deadline for submission, etc.
  • All of the events of the GTP_WRS Team Championship Series will also be regular WRS events. So participants will be driving for themselves for individual placement as well as for a team. The events will have a clear description stating those events are for both the standard WRS and the Team Championship Series.
  • Your Team Captain will need to PM me letting me know which team member is submitting every week in the Team Championship Series.
  • NOTE: We will still accumulate team points based on your handicap number for week 1 (all team trial participants handicap will be ‘locked’ as of Event 1, for all 4 events) .
  • The regular WRS will run as expected it just happens to also be the Team Championship Series Event. The times that you submit will affect your handicap.
  • 3 Tarmac Events and 1 rally event.
Scoring System Changes:
  • I got some good, consistent feedback from the last TCS, the biggest being the scoring. I've narrowed the point gap between placements as shown above.
  • I also doubled the weight (now 20%) of the handicap so it's more a matter of improving beyond your normal limits versus getting a win for the most points. This should level the playing field better and hopefully provide some much closer scoring as the weeks progress.
Rules & Regulations:
Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.
  • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
  • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible.
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty.
  • No hybrids.
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.Wewill know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
Submitting Your Team's Time:
  • You can only submit a time once per event, make it count.
  • Once you have completed your blistering best lap, PM your time to the team captain. I'd also recommend you have the team captain, or another member verify that your lap is clean and up to regular WRS standards.
  • All submitted laps will be reviewed. Dirty laps will be DQ'd, resulting in 0pts for your team for that event.
  • Once you have verified your lap is clean, have the Team Captain PM me with the following information:
    - Event Name
    - Team Name
    - Driver's GTPlanet Name

- Double Check To Make Sure All The Required Information Is In The PM.
    - Captains, be sure to send this PM BEFORE the Monday deadline.
Team Collaboration:

With the changes in (lack of) replay sharing in GT Sport, I wanted to give some tips on team collaboration. During this event you are welcome to share you final lap times amongst your teammates only. There is to be no non-private sharing during the Team Championship Series. Below are some ways you can collaborate with your teammates:

1) Private Lobbies:
- Create a private lobby for your crew. Discuss driving lines, braking points, etc. live. Watch each other turn laps.

2) YouTube: Unlisted Videos:
- When you have saved your video press the share button and select the target services which should be YouTube as all others are prohibited.
1.jpg

- In The dialogue boxes enter whatever descriptive text and tags you want but scroll down to the Privacy option and select either UNLISTED or PRIVATE - Unlisted is the recommended option but you can opt for private and change this later in your YouTube account if necessary.
2.jpg

Also scroll further and ensure that you select the right PSN audience option - No One is recommended.
3.jpg

Upload to your connected Youtube account will happen automatically. When this is complete go to your channel and copy the link address for the video and send this to your teammates using the PM function here on the site. If you uploaded the video as Unlisted no one will be able to search for and find the video. If you uploaded as private then you will need to make the video unlisted before sharing with your teammates.

Again, do NOT share your replay in the GTSport menu like we for the results thread before the weekly deadline. That is prohibited and will result in a Disqualification of your submitted lap for the week.

Point Leaderboard & Event Results:
The points leaderboard and event results can be found here. It will be updated roughly the same time the WRS results are posted.
FAQ:
  • Q1: Why don't we just use the fastest overall time to determine the winning team?
    - A: Because an 'all-star' team comprised of 4 or more of the top drivers in Division 1 would win. Which would result in lower division drivers not having a fair shot at placing well.
  • Q2: Why don't we just use the handicap to determine the winning team?
    - A: Because there are many drivers who just brushed the qualifier aside and didn't give their best effort; a.k.a. sandbagging. Which would result in them placing too high and everyone else who did put their best effort in wouldn't have a shot at placing well.
  • Q3: How is the winning team determined?
    - A: Because of both Q1 and Q2, there is no perfect solution that would make everyone happy. So we have a formula that blends together both the driver's handicap and event time. It's designed to lessen the amount of advantage gained by sandbaggers, and also dampen the results of the fastest drivers.
  • Q4: Does this event effect my performance in the WRS (i.e. change in handicap)?
    - A: Yes, this time around it will be fully integrated with the WRS so your performance here will affect your handicap.
  • Q5: Is this an online or offline competition?
    - A: It is an offline, team based time trial competition.
  • Q6: Who will be the team captain for my team?
    - A: That is up to your team to decide amongst yourselves.
  • Q7: Are these events going to be in addition to the normal WRS events?
  • - A: No.
  • Q8: It says each member only does 1 of the 4 events, but does it also mean each driver can only do 1 event? As in once your team submits your time that week, your out for the rest of the weeks?
    - A: That's correct, each member does one and only one event. If you have a team of 6 let's say, then only 4 of your team members will submit a time for the series.
  • Q9: How often will this competition be?
    - A: Right now it is a one time competition. If it catches on, who knows...
  • Q10: Will the handicap stay the same (as it is at the beginning) for players during the event or will it adjust on the fly when weekly results go official etc. ?
    - A: I will be using the handicap for drivers as seen on this page. It won't change during this series and this series won't affect a drivers handicap for the regular WRS either.
  • Q11: Is it ok to privately (via PM) to discuss sector times and full lap times between teammates?
    - A: Yes, feel free to share anything and everything between your teammates; car settings, sector splits, lap times, tips, etc.
  • Q12: How do we come by the cars for the events?
    - A: You will have to buy the cars individually. If your team wants you to concentrate on one event, then you only need to buy one car. But I'd imagine most teams would want all drivers to try each combo as it comes up to provide each other with tips and the like.
  • Q13: What if I'm not in the registry yet, can I still join a team?
    - A: Yes. However, you must have submitted at least 3 clean times AND be in our Registry before you can submit a time in an event for your team.
8WZUka.jpg

:cheers: :gtplanet:

OLR Team

Last edited:
Current Available Participants:
@DigitalBaka
@Askorbiini
@schmues_hh
@tensor120
@RuddRacer
*Updated To Post #241*

Current Teams List:

Team: Zero D3 Racing
zi1W3L.png

---------------------------
C | @GTP_randy
2 | @roamer2629
3 | @EDK
4 | @GTP_Remo
A | @Dougill
A | @Meister Fetz

Team: ItsAllAboutUs
khNIJy.jpg

C | @Jump_Ace
2 | @Mini Stiggy
3 | @GTP_Dutchy
4 | @suprajef
A | @BigDawg_1281
A | @ItsAllAboutWins

Team: Draggin' Weights
sbGP82.png

C | @Never2fast1
2 | @munch2112
3 | @Argon
4 | @Andy 0
A | @Nerazzurri
A | @Turbo Racer 48

Team: Blind Ratz
LCybmU.png

C | @Mires
2 | @Gravitron
3 | @monoha
4 | @mr_lab_rat
A | @Iceman
A | @alexamenos

Team: Zero To 60
gOEuIZ.jpg

C | @Ph1sh
2 | @Special_K
3 | @JamCar0ne
4 | @GTP_Patrick1
A | @racer_xis
A | @Racingworld68

Team: Prologue Dogs
7hAY1k.jpg

C | @Ren
2 | @PASM
3 | @DGiant2000
4 | @Rikson
A | @billyjoebobx
A | @dranddad

Team: Hedgehogs
ekGzdh.png

C | @Renrag39
2 | @mickyevs
3 | @Espial
4 | @Maique
A | @turnupdaheat
A | @RuddRacer

Team: Global Endurance Alliance
FdRTGc.png

C | @StigsTC
2 | @andrew1990
3 | @Antares26
4 | @Storm_SP17
A | @Theaffliction
A | @Mr P

Jerome

Last edited:
I am in, but I will need a team. I am not the fastest but I would be worth the handicap :D (I have a 2nd and 1st in handicap rankings last 2 weeks)

I'd also be interested to join this and find a team.

Would be nice to learn and discuss more in detail about driving lines and tuning with a team.

I just got assigned D3 Silver. Hoping to spend more time, so I can reach my potential.

This sounds like a really good idea. I hope I can find a team i can help, not a tuner yet a decent driver, still on motion control...
D3G division placement for the moment, but seems promotion to D2B will come shortly. ^^

I’m definitely up for joining a team. I’m not the fastest driver out there but I do ok & I’m improving every week

Feel free to use this thread to gather up teammates, etc.

Jerome

I'd like to do this.

Looking for a team.

I do not wish to form a team, nor wish to be a team captain.

I just want to race.

I don't really want to be a captain either, but I will if that is what it takes to get this thing going.

Probably be the slowest captain in history, but hey someone needs to do it. :lol:

Being a team captain basically means you have to:

- Finalize a team of friends
- Pick out a team banner picture (or delegate someone else to :lol: )
- Once a week for four weeks PM me this info:
- Event Name
- Team Name
- Driver's GTPlanet Name
- Time

So its not a 'ton of work', just ask @Mr P, he was a captain last time.

Jerome

This looks great! Happy to get stuck in if anyone wants me or anyone who’s already posted fancies taking on this old fart!

I'll captain if need be(if nominated), lets get things going.

Whom wants in on a team.

I'll captain if need be(if nominated), lets get things going.

Whom wants in on a team.

EDIT: Nevermind, we need more captains, so I will retract from joining your team, instead I will offer to be a Captain of another team and if anyone wants to join my team let me know.

@munch2112 I know you are improving, and you are forcing me to improve to keep up, and I loved our battle last week, I will gladly take you onto my team.

Last edited:
Awesome

Need 4 more people.

I was editing my post when you typed this, we need more Captains, so I will start my own team so that we have multiple teams, lots of people interested but know one wants to captain.

Okay, I decided to candidate for the Team captain / director / driver / non-tuner :D

Team name and Team members TBD, Team banner to be created, anyone who wanna join, send me your CV :D JK, just post your interest in here, I'm not picky, I take anyone ^^
There are 5 spots up for grabs and much time till the start, just it's good to be ready.

I was editing my post when you typed this, we need more Captains, so I will start my own team so that we have multiple teams, lots of people interested but know one wants to captain.

Lol, ok

Need 5 more here.

Good to see you run this again Jerome 👍 I will keep an eye on the teams being arranged and probably join at the last minute with the one's who bribe me with wheel barrows full of money :D

I'm interested but not committing just yet is all... Have fun guys! :cheers:

Good to see you run this again Jerome 👍 I will keep an eye on the teams being arranged and probably join at the last minute with the one's who bribe me with wheel barrows full of money :D

I'm interested but not committing just yet is all... Have fun guys! :cheers:

Wheel Barrows of money you say, I will put them on a boat now, it will be there by the time this thing ends, I promise. :lol:

I Wanted to also pop in and remind participants you must have at least 3 clean, verified events submitted in the regular WRS events by the start (still TBD) of week 1 (to obtain a handicap), in order to participate. Plenty of time between now and late Feb/early March to get those submissions in! 👍

Updating members/teams....

Jerome

Nice, (having some difficult trying to write it in english) I would like to suggest that teams would be formed by draft... Some guys (the most experienced of the wrs, or some amount of top players, or willing guys) start as the first member of each team and pick the rest of the members in similar way to nba or nfl drafts. I think there's enough time and the draft itself would be fun

Nice, (having some difficult trying to write it in english) I would like to suggest that teams would be formed by draft... Some guys (the most experienced of the wrs, or some amount of top players, or willing guys) start as the first member of each team and pick the rest of the members in similar way to nba or nfl drafts. I think there's enough time and the draft itself would be fun

I like that idea.

Back