Manufacturers Team Championship SEASON 2! Race 6 Info Posted!

• Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 312 comments
I was pretty pumped to lead most of the race and finish out the event error free (and dico free, sorry Phreak! )

SO... FREAKIN... PISSED!!! At least it didn't affect our overall team standings, but damn I had 3rd place in the bag, double podium for team UK.

It's funny, I was just crossing the lap line thinking to myself "OK, just a few more laps, don't make any big screw ups, drive safe, and it's locked!" and then boom, disconnected from the lobby :(

I had problems trying to reconnect as well. I got back in during the race and could hear everyone, but nothing would ever finish loading. Then I couldn't even get back in the room, network incompatibility with the lounge host.. Then funky stuff like 0x0000000 Error...

I went and cleared my net cache which was near instant, then joined back in and was fine. Unfortunately by that point everyone else in the room had left so I don't know if the cache was the issue or an actual compatability issue with Eivl or what, but damnit, I was the ONLY disco <grumble grumble grumble>

Looking forward to 5 though...

SO... FREAKIN... PISSED!!! At least it didn't affect our overall team standings, but damn I had 3rd place in the bag, double podium for team UK.

It's funny, I was just crossing the lap line thinking to myself "OK, just a few more laps, don't make any big screw ups, drive safe, and it's locked!" and then boom, disconnected from the lobby :(

I had problems trying to reconnect as well. I got back in during the race and could hear everyone, but nothing would ever finish loading. Then I couldn't even get back in the room, network incompatibility with the lounge host.. Then funky stuff like 0x0000000 Error...

I went and cleared my net cache which was near instant, then joined back in and was fine. Unfortunately by that point everyone else in the room had left so I don't know if the cache was the issue or an actual compatability issue with Eivl or what, but damnit, I was the ONLY disco <grumble grumble grumble>

Looking forward to 5 though...

Phreak... in my replay, you died coming through the s curve up the hill just after the curly cue. Just plowed into the wall right before the pits and sat there glitching for about 25 seconds.

I saw you trying to reconnect and having difficulty. Totally sucks m8. You still get points, because it was a DNF not a DNS.

The thing that made me the most upset, is that I REALLY wanted to run with you, but I had a sloppy couple of laps early. I looked at the replay and my fastest lap was 1 100th faster than yours.

Anyway... sadly, it happens. Lets gear up for this next event though... with the times we're seeing, I'd expect a high lap count, which could mean the pitting strategy could play a big role, and also car selection.

We could see some more endurance strategies (a la team UK in the early part of the season), some multiple pit strategies (a la team Toyota last race), or perhaps the "ravenous dog" strategy that has been executed by most of the actual race winners!

Bear in mind, the series champions will win either a 1982, 1000, level 21, or level 22 ticket, OR cars of their choice fully modified (to their liking) that will fit under the trade cap!

Prizes will likely go throughout the entire podium also! 👍

Did some testing this morning - we don't have a lot of choices at this pp and I'm turning 1:02s pretty consistently. Is anyone sub 1 min yet?

I tested a few cars this afternoon. Lotus '87 Esprit Turbo, Elise 114R and Evora. Was able to lap low 59s in the Elise and Evora, and just over with the Esprit (1:00.100). I'm wondering about the lap count for the race, as with one of those Loti I was able to go well over 30 laps on one set of tires. :dopey:

Did some testing this morning - we don't have a lot of choices at this pp and I'm turning 1:02s pretty consistently. Is anyone sub 1 min yet?

We did some prelim, and were running 1:02's. I'm not surprised team British go kart is running sub 1 min...

Anyone else going sub 1 min?

Just put a car toghter to run around a few laps and was doing 1:01-1:02...but as soon as I get this awful understeer a little better I should be closer to the 1 min mark hopefully

I have been able to turn a few laps in the mid 1:00 range but mostly low 1:01's. With a little tweaking I think I can get low 1:00's but I don't see any 59's.

Should be a better result than last week. Well that shouldn't be too hard LOL.

Haha...

Chaps, be advised that PD has some scheduled maintenance (of which I'm a bit confused of the time).

They're saying that the scheduled maintenance is 03:00GMT which would be 10PM Eastern (or, our race time if you're just tuning in :P )... but some people are saying that it will be Tuesday at 0300 (which would be tonight (Monday) at 10pm Eastern) and some people are saying that it will be Wednesday at 0300 which of course would be during our race.

So... stand by for details to follow.

Best case scenario, the testing I was hoping to do tonight will be pointless, and worst case scenario, we have to postpone the race.

Stay tuned here for updates.

Version 2.03 is out @ 225 MB

I suppose it's a good thing the DLC is a day behind... I probably would've just changed the track to the test track and we could've just run one lap of that sucker!

Anyway... I'm in the sub 1 club now. See you chaps manana!

I am under 60 seconds a couple of times as well. Should be a good race tonight and I hope everyone remembers that you can't win in turn 1.

Great race last night everyone! The network disconnects and glitches made things very unnerving pre-race and for a bit I thought I was going to get screwed.

I was lucky that the race happened to be 44 laps. When doing some practice last weekend I pushed my Evora to 45 laps on one set of tires so I knew that if I didn't have any spins I could go the distance on one set...and that's what I did :dopey: Congrats to my teammate for taking her home in 2nd for the first team Lotus UK 1-2 finish:tup:

Well done Team UK and everyone for a fun night.

Especially to Trimble and Magzire for the close racing all night. Good times.

Definitely a fun race...just sux I couldn't keep my tires fresh for more then 7-8 laps...but I guess that more because we had the heavier cars...

O, and loved your paint job EVO..sorry I dinged it up on u a little bit ;)

Also sorry about the pretty hard bump in the back early in the race sniper, lost concentration for a sec...

I thought that was an excellent run as well chaps... no hard feelings all around hopefully.

Anyway... expect to see the event updated tomorrow evening.

That was a great great race, albeit with it's own set of issues, fun, and worry's! If I may make a suggestion for the final race (assuming we're going to be at or near 12 again)...

Pre-race, kick everyone out of your lounge and exit so it's empty. Then change the room title, then join so you yourself are the host of your own lounge. I have nothing confirmed, but personally I feel it gets glitchier when you're running a race in a lounge and someone else is the host, but I have no confirmation about that. I also read that turning off visual damage should help, one less thing for the game to keep track of and display/update.

Anywho, looking forward to 6, can't wait to see the details. For anyone interested, I put together a little photoshoot from race 5. Click thumbs for 1080 goodness, use the arrows to navigate pages. It's chronological :) Enjoy!

Race 5 Pics

Great shots Phreak. I think there are a few of everybody.

I'm looking forward to the final installment.

Great job Eivl.

Great shots Phreak. I think there are a few of everybody.

I'm looking forward to the final installment.

Great job Eivl.

Thanks, I tried to get everyone in at least once! There was some storyboarding that was going to go along with it, but I'm lazy and abandoned that idea. A couple of the fiat pics were to show the lag jumps I was seeing from flexi (like pic 003, he went from the top left of that frame to current position in about .1 seconds), sorry about your internetz :(

A couple of the fiat pics were to show the lag jumps I was seeing from flexi (like pic 003, he went from the top left of that frame to current position in about .1 seconds), sorry about your internetz :(

Believe me: no one is more sorry about my internetz than me. What's weird is in all my other series (many of them including a lot of overseas drivers) I've never had the lag problems that I have with MTC races.

I suspect that Tuesday's problems were exacerbated by my daughter, who was supposed to be asleep, streaming youtube to her iPad during the race.

I know that my router setup is as good as it should/can be, is the "fix" as simple as increasing bandwidth with my ISP? That's an option I have, but don't want to spend the extra $$ unless I'm going to get some benefit.

Believe me: no one is more sorry about my internetz than me. What's weird is in all my other series (many of them including a lot of overseas drivers) I've never had the lag problems that I have with MTC races.

I suspect that Tuesday's problems were exacerbated by my daughter, who was supposed to be asleep, streaming youtube to her iPad during the race.

I know that my router setup is as good as it should/can be, is the "fix" as simple as increasing bandwidth with my ISP? That's an option I have, but don't want to spend the extra $$ unless I'm going to get some benefit.

I doubt it's just a matter of increasing bandwidth. I mean... that will surely help, but there are plenty of others that are on the bare minimum bandwidth (myself included) that their ISP provides running with no issues.

Perhaps our internet just doesn't get along?

Alrighty... a couple things to address.

1. The final race info has been posted (Race 6).

2. The track we've chosen is Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps / Weather Change. We realize that not everyone will have the DLC, but it is my understanding that you can use the track in my lounge. Being that that's where the race is, I have the track setup in my lounge currently. Please note, you can set the weather and water to whatever you'd like it to be for your session, but whoever happens to be the host when you arrive, should be considered to have the rights to making track adjustments. Please also be sure to adjust the tire wear, damage, and draft, grip, etc. to be set appropriately for your tuning.

If anyone has any difficulty accessing this track at all, please PM ME ASAP, and we'll make a change.

3. I haven't tested yet, but I anticipate the weather change will be set to "5" which is the middle setting. You can anticipate the weather at the start of the race to reflect the ACTUAL WEATHER AT THE ACTUAL TRACK FOR THAT DAY! Our race would START at 4am on WEDNESDAY the 25th in Belgium time (10pm Eastern Time Tuesday). You can see the weather forecast for Liege here: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Li%E8ge

4. If you have questions about weather, feel free to ask... Lance and I are both well versed in meteorology.

5. Team Audi/Lambo... you're able to get 108 points with a 1/2 finish. I would ask that you participate in this event regardless, purely based on the fact that a full field is incredibly fun, and we're here to have fun!

6. The tiebreaker in points... this is going to whoever finished higher in the most recent race. This may get adjusted, but I just wanted to keep it simple, and I'm not sure I have enough stats to break it any other way.

7. The setup for this race is a bit complicated... so ask if you have questions.

8. Visual damage remaining on. I've left it on because I like to know if a car is banged up or not. It indicates whats going on with them. But I think we'll be turning it off for this event in the name of connectivity. So bring your pretty cars!

9. We've enjoyed hosting this event for a second season with a LOT of new faces, and excellent competition. We'd love to get some feedback on how to improve it after this final race. So feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks fellas, and sorry for the lengthy post.

Latest Posts

Back