Manufacturers Team Championship SEASON 2! Race 6 Info Posted!

  • Thread starter Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 312 comments
  • 15,973 views
I will do what I can to make it as easy as possible to make the pass, unless your name is Dude. ;)

:lol:


Low voice settings work just fine usually. My PS3 is hard wired to my router. I'm using a static IP for the PS3 and opened ports TCP: 80, 443, 5223. UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658, 3659. It is NAT 2 that way and has worked fine. I can easily plug the PS3 into my modem if that's what we want to try.

Yeah my PS3 to modem suggestion may not be necessary and I understand it may not even be an option for some. I was just drawing on my own recent personal experience. About 3ish weeks ago, I started to have some severe lag problems. I know I was lagging but the bigger problem was that everyone else appeared to be lagging on my end. Cars were jumping all over the place, even guys that don't normally have lag issues. I tried just about everything I could think of to solve it. DMZ, opening ports, etc. I even went out and bought a brand new router. Nothing seemed to work. Then one day I said screw it and went PS3 to modem and haven't had any problems since.

Wow, I don't normally do word walls, but here it is. LOL

Wow is right! Are your fingers sore? :lol:
 
I got blisters on me fingers! :)
 
Nice input here...

Depending on your router configuration, hardwiring can/will definitely help, but if your router is in good working order... you should be fine.

I've made it a habit of running mine via ethernet cable vs. wireless. I also disable the wireless computers, and any other internet device... so my PS3 is the only thing sucking down juice during the race.

I think the passing suggestions made about "right to the line... your choice" are the best bet. In many circumstances, it's prudent for the (about to be) lapped traffic to move, but in some circumstances (such as this past week) there were still points to be had for those of us at the back, so we needed to keep on the line.

None the less... lets not get confused. This is largely a recreationally fun racing league (I'll stop short of calling it a beer league lol) and nothing more, though certainly nothing less.

I'll try the mic settings on low for this upcoming week, and notify people pre-race to try to keep talking down (though... it has been mostly quiet, aside from the occasional blaring roar of someone's nice sounding surround sound system lol).

Taisan/Smoke... look for some PMs.

All... I should have the results, and the new track information posted late this evening. Apologies on the delay.
 
I've updated the points standings, and posted the placings for Race 2, as well as posted info for Race 3!

Team Chevy/Cadillac/Buick/Pontiac had as good an opening race as anyone could've expected, and Team UK's confusion over their pitting strategy appears to have relinquished them back to second place.

Race 3!

Well... those of you that know my style knew it would be coming... that said, this will likely be one of the most difficult races for every team due to complying AND being competitive.

I've checked every manufacturer's available PP to ensure compliance, and this will be the lowest PP that I've ever raced at with multiple manufacturers.

That said, Team Chevy/Cadillac/Buick/Pontiac, and Team UK... please check your PM for specific compliance information.

If anyone needs a car, or has questions... let me know. I'm fairly confident that I have every car needed.

Be sure to check those PMs lads!
 
Last edited:
Checked, got it!

Stupid pits! Oh well, at least we're still up there, now to end Nissan's domination!

At least everyone will be gunning for them and not us this week, I hope!
 
Anyone posting replays? I'd like to see what happened at Grand Valley last week.
 
Anyone posting replays? I'd like to see what happened at Grand Valley last week.

Goly... I haven't sorted how to post replays yet, but I save each race replay. I'll happily email it to you unless you feel like explaining how to upload/share it? I suppose I could just do it through google files or whatever.
 
You can upload it here http://www.mediafire.com/ It's free. I will be happy to do it, but it will be a day or 2 before I can get to it.
 
Yo evo, I can race the next race as a sub for anyone who can't make it, (next 2 weeks actually) so if anyone will be away, let me know, Had lots of fun in the series last season and am dying to drive in it again 👍
 
Yo evo, I can race the next race as a sub for anyone who can't make it, (next 2 weeks actually) so if anyone will be away, let me know, Had lots of fun in the series last season and am dying to drive in it again 👍

Sounds good Mitch! I'll let you know.
 
Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas! :)

Also, I will not be able to make the next race on January 3st so if MOTORTRENDmitch or someone else can fill in for me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks. 👍
 
I should make it tonight....ill be rusty because I just got everything hooked up and updated...ill see if I can get lucky on
 
Smoke! The race is next week!

Also, have you and Taisan worked out a team? There will be no solo team allowed.

Mitch, I'll notify you of a formal substitution, but as of right now, plan on subbing for wizard.


Again. There is no race this week. The 3rd race is NEXT WEEK on January 3rd.
 
hello every1 im liking to make a guess aparince soo if there is somone as well that can make it i am here
 
Gents... allow me to address a situation that has arisen (for the second season in a row... you'd think I'd change my wording lol)

Under my restrictions where it says "Ballast" and has that bit about 6kg or less.

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE AS MUCH BALLAST AS YOU'D LIKE! (Not yelling... being noticeable) :)

The reason it says 6kg or less must be at position zero... is meant to say that...

If you're using 6kg or less for whatever reason, it must be left at position zero because there is a "cheat" where you can have zero ballast, and move the position to over the driving wheels, and you will have increased grip. I'm trying to nip that in the butt.

So... you are and have been allowed to, and will continue to be allowed to use as much ballast as you'd like on any vehicle.

If you lot have questions, please ask away. :dopey:

I've just updated the "Race Number 3" flier. :)

hello every1 im liking to make a guess aparince soo if there is somone as well that can make it i am here

lol... you guys on holiday from school? I'll notify you as well Jesse... you'll be the #2 sub after Mitch.
 
Well that changes EVERYTHING! Thanks for clarifying, as I thought we were limited to 6kg of ballast as well, had no idea bout the "traction cheat".
 
Well that changes EVERYTHING! Thanks for clarifying, as I thought we were limited to 6kg of ballast as well, had no idea bout the "traction cheat".

I'm not even sure if you can still do it or not? But I was just trying to nip it in the butt when I hosted the first time. I wasn't sure what type of crowd was really racing in leagues, so I didn't know if we'd get stuck with people just constantly looking for an exploit that we'd have no control over, or way of knowing about.

Anyway... carry on.
 
So chaps... anyone have any test times they've run yet? I'm into the 1:42's, but I'm wagering I can get quite a bit faster.

Taisan, smoke... have you sorted out a team yet? Is everyone making do with their car selection?
 
I got a couple of high 40's but mostly mid 41's (Online)

I would think 39's would be right there and attainable.
 
Good luck tonight! :)
 
Pretty quiet around here, is everyone going to be there tonight?
 
I'll be on tonight, no doubt.

But on a related note I need HELP! PsychoPhreak, my teammate, cannot attend tonight due to a family matter.

Can someone substitute for him? And if not, does that mean I can't participate tonight?

Help me out fellas!
 
I'll be there in a shiny new Fiat 500.
 
Wolfpack... if your teammate cannot make a race, and a sub is not available, you can absolutely still race, you will just of course be down one racer which will hurt your points.

I'm simply not in favor of allowing a solo team to race, because their chances of being competitive is slim.

If you have any questions, just ask.

But yes, the race will be on tonight!
 
Eivl, I think I found a substitute teammate. Chances look good and I should have it verified by 7pm EST.
 
I have a sub for tonight and possibly the rest of the season...

I'll be sticking with audi/lambo

might need to borrow a car though...im gonna be doing alot of ucd cycling tonight lol

i had alot of audi's bought just for this series.... but when my ps3 went i didn't upload any new save info to psn for over a month
 
Last edited:
I'll be there in a shiny new Fiat 500.

Some Sunday testing has prompted me to bring a Fiat to tonight's race, too - likely also the 2008 version from the NCD. Consistent and cooperative handling has taken on new importance to my car selection process since the STRATOS more than got the best of me in Tokyo.
 
I have a sub for tonight and possibly the rest of the season...

I'll be sticking with audi/lambo

might need to borrow a car though...im gonna be doing alot of ucd cycling tonight lol

i had alot of audi's bought just for this series.... but when my ps3 went i didn't upload any new save info to psn for over a month

I can get a car your way no problem, but it won't be until around 9pm.

Just shoot me a PM with what you want/need.
 
Back