Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

I forgot to send it to you! :lol: And what happened with the 2 FFs I put on share? No time to test them yet?

Actually, I had a go in your C4 Bakudan. And, needless to say, it's fairly bonkers and fast. And it can oversteer, apparently. I wasn't able to drive the Acura, though. Don't worry, I'll see it soon enough.

Actually, I had a go in your C4 Bakudan. And, needless to say, it's fairly bonkers and fast. And it can oversteer, apparently. I wasn't able to drive the Acura, though. Don't worry, I'll see it soon enough.

Eh, no rush, take your time. The C4 will be released soon and the Acura needs work anyway, and I need to get the Celica out the door as well. And the two micro-loonies I've done. And I've got to stop doing FF cars. :lol:

Eh, no rush, take your time. The C4 will be released soon and the Acura needs work anyway, and I need to get the Celica out the door as well. And the two micro-loonies I've done. And I've got to stop doing FF cars. :lol:

Sounds like a big "to do" list...:dopey: Hopefully, I can get out the final part of the Alpine battle soon, and it is your car that I finish that part with.

Sounds like a big "to do" list...:dopey: Hopefully, I can get out the final part of the Alpine battle soon, and it is your car that I finish that part with.

:lol: It's practically the same thing with the settings, it's just for fun. :D Eh, the Alpine can screw itself, I hate it. :lol:

Practice is important, and being aware of what you read on the instructions manual is even more important...

Yea. I suck at that, I'll grant you. I cannot for the life of me read an instruction only once and get it. I have to have it by my side until I have read it at least 5 times. :lol:

I figured if I wined enough he'd let me test something else:sly:
It's a conspiracy! :lol: Eh, I figured it would be for both our benefits that you test a car that makes you feel at home.

Well, the more the merrier, they say.

It takes too long. I'm writing some tune review, the car feels wrong, I go into detail explaining why just to find that it's already been covered in the small print of the tune! :grumpy: :lol:

It takes too long. I'm writing some tune review, the car feels wrong, I go into detail explaining why just to find that it's already been covered in the small print of the tune! :grumpy: :lol:

Thats why I just ignore the tuner notes and write about how it does with my driving style:dopey:. The way I see it, if a tuner have to put a bunch of disclaimers on a tune they are coping out on the refinement process. Why not just say "It's tuned for xxxx coarse and my driving style. Your results may very". But then again, thats just my opinion.

... well the cacophony of crickets in here tells me my last comment was a little to douche baggy, which was not the intent. What I was trying to say was changing my style of driving to suit a specific tune doesn't appeal to me personally. Naturally different drive train layouts require different tactics but beyond that publish the tune the way you(not any one person specifically) drive it and let others discover how it suits them, thus allowing a more informative discourse on it's merits and deficiencies and providing more constructive feedback for the tuner.

And to steal Harvey's line: "Then again what do I know I'm crazy :crazy:"

Commandorando it wasn't a problem with your comment it just happened to be that point in time that peoples lives took them away from GTPlanet for a bit.:drool:

Commandorando it wasn't a problem with your comment it just happened to be that point in time that peoples lives took them away from GTPlanet for a bit.:drool:

Yea, it's a bit hard for me to reply when I'm fast asleep at nearly 3AM, you know. :lol:

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Nissan, Silvia 240RS (S110) '83, "Pandora's Box"
So it was week 5 of Turismo.M.G!'s Car of the Week and Milldrum picked this squared off blast from the past. Now the Wallbanger found himself intrigued by this box much like the Mythical Greek woman Pandora. Unfortunately like her box this one also contained evils. In the cars case it was a much to short gearbox that inuced massive wheelspin while limiting top speed and chronic oversteer. While dealing with those two issues ole Harvey decided to freshen it up by trimming a little weight and giving it a boost in power. Now even quicker with a much improved gearbox and the worst of the oversteer tamed its now ready to impart evil on its opponents and not the driver. Overall a very fun car to drive that's pushing ole Harvey Wallbanger's driving abilities to their limits.
D-2.jpg

D-1-1.jpg

D-2-1.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Grand Prix Maroon (paint by Nissan)
Wheels: Enkei RP03 (painted Air Blue Pearl Metallic by Nissan)
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: No
Intake Manifold: Stock
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Stock
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: High RPM Range
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -
Ballast: 39kg at +50
Power Limiter: 100%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 6.000
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.840,
2nd=2.110,
3rd=1.610,
4th=1.280,
5th=0.990
5) Set Final gear to 4.200
Should display an indicated top speed of 157mph in upper right corner.
LSD Rear Initial 16, Acceleration 24, Braking 8
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 1.4, Rear 1.0
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front -25, Rear -25
Spring Rate Front 14.6, Rear 11.6
Dampers (Extension) Front 1, Rear 3
Dampers (Compression) Front 5, Rear 5
Anti-Roll Bars Front 6, Rear 6
Brakes Front 5, Rear 7

The car has 500PP, weighs 902Kg with a 57/43 front/rear weight distribution, has 373HP and produces 245ft-lb torque@7,600rpm with a 9,100rpm redline.

Note: Decent to drive with an automatic transmission but should see definite improvement with a manual transmission.

Note 2: Car was tuned for the 500PP Seasonal Challenge race at the NĂĽrburgring GP/D track. Adjust final gear to set your top speed for faster or slower tracks. (Those using a manual transmission may need to raise the indicated top speed very slightly at the GP/D track)

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos
I had a blast in your Silvia 240RS a couple of days ago; I've used a slightly power tuned one for drfiting in the past as that's all I could get it to do!

You've toned down the wayward rear quite well, but it's still keeps its wild heart with that much power (I used sports hard tyres) and the gearing is spot-on for the power delivery. Really good fun but I found it difficult to make fast laps; I suspect it would be a decent drifter. And the colour suits it!

I should point out that I was on my own Mt Aso based test/fun track, which has an unforgiving steep and bumpy uphill section and a small jump.

Last edited:
Not bad a looker, that. For me, anyways. I like the 240RS' styling, thank you very much. :P I'd try it out, assuming it's on share and I remember. :lol:

By the way, did you have a chance to try the Sleeper yet?

An '83 240RS, I wasn't aware Jeep made a car that year.:lol:
It looks like a fun car to drive. Great job Harvey, can't wait to try it out.:cheers:

Toyota, Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX '83, "Keiichi Tsuchiya Version"
Originally tuned as a comparison to Turismo.M.G!'s week 3 Car of the Week the Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX S. Shigeno Ver. '00, I'll let you read my rant there about the two cars. The Outlaw Rants
Suffice it to say ole Harvey Wallbanger here finds this to be the better choice of cars.

The Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX '83 "Keiichi Tsuchiya Version" getting set to attack the downhill.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Trial20Mountain20Circuit.jpg

Hooking the curb as the Wallbanger carves the perfect line in his entry to to the start/finish straight where he'll hit 120mph before tapping the brakes lightly for the fast left-right combo leading to the left hand sweeper into the tunnel at the bottom of the hill.:cheers:
Trial20Mountain20Circuit-1.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Green Mica Metallic (paint by Toyota)
Wheels: Enkei JS+M (painted Green Mica Metallic by Toyota)
Aerodynamic Kit: Wing Type A
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Turbo Kit: High RPM Range
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Hard

The Tune
Aerodynamics: Front 0, Rear 19
Ballast: 0kg
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.500
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.640,
2nd=2.050,
3rd=1.640,
4th=1.350,
5th=1.140,
6th=0.980
5) Set Final gear to 4.100
Should display an indicated top speed of 144mph in upper right corner.
LSD Rear Initial 14, Acceleration 14, Braking 7
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.0, Rear 1.2
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front 5, Rear -15
Spring Rate Front 12.6, Rear 8.8
Dampers (Extension) Front 4, Rear 7
Dampers (Compression) Front 6, Rear 8
Anti-Roll Bars Front 4, Rear 4
Brakes Front 5, Rear 6

The car has 482PP, weighs 836Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 269HP and produces 194ft-lb torque@6,900rpm with a 8,400rpm redline.

Note: This is a great car to drive with an automatic transmission as there is almost no loss of power between peak and redline.

Note 2: This car was primarily tuned at Trial Mountain, adjust final gear for tracks where higher speeds are possible.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Not bad a looker, that. For me, anyways. I like the 240RS' styling, thank you very much. :P I'd try it out, assuming it's on share and I remember. :lol:

By the way, did you have a chance to try the Sleeper yet?
An '83 240RS, I wasn't aware Jeep made a car that year.:lol:
It looks like a fun car to drive. Great job Harvey, can't wait to try it out.:cheers:
Thanks guys I'll try and get both these up on share before crashing for a few hours sleep before work.:drool:

@Onboy sorry no as you can see I've been sort of otherwise engaged today, plus working on this weeks BCC challenge, plus working on the Deathwagon for Mum, plus...uhm you get the idea!:crazy::lol:

Edit: Cars shared enjoy! talk at ya all in a few hours.:cheers:

Last edited:
Citroen C450R Black

So…the C450R Black. What is it, exactly, you ask? Well…take a shoehorn to a 450hp 2.0 engine and shove it the best you can into a C4 body. Which, before you tell me as I know already, is a FF and is therefore hardly the best idea. But strangely, despite the dangers of this act of lunacy, it can still cope with the extreme force of that engine. Just.

Loeb's C4 has got nothing on this.

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS ’05
Buy from: NCD
Paintjob: Nero
Wheels: Enkei JS+M
Aerodynamic Kit: Front Aero Type A

Carbon Hood: Yes
Chassis reinforcement: --

ECU Tuning: Sport
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sport
Exhaust Manifold: Sport
Catalytic Converter: Sport
Turbo Kit: High RPM

Transmission: Fully Customisable

Clutch: Double Plate

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Tires: Sport Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: --

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set to 124
2)Set Final Gear to 2.500
1st=3.515
2nd=2.611
3rd=2.088
4th=1.733
5th=1.478
6th=1.296

Should display an indicated top speed of 204 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 50
Braking: 10

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.3/1.0
Toe Angle: -0.20/-0.25
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 12.3/2.4
Dampers (Extension): 4/4
Dampers (Compression): 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/7

Brakes
5/7

The car has 527PP, weighs 1102Kg with a 63/37 front/rear weight distribution, has 449 HP and produces 302ft-lb torque@7400 rpm with a 8900 rpm redline.

Notes: This engine lags…………a lot. Short shift, and you'll…be……waiting…forever. So keep it revving high, and modulate the throttle if you want to return from your lap with the tyres on the rims.

Reviews:
Niku Driver HC

Last edited:
Added link for Onboy's C4 to the index.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Also relocated the Archives to a separate post and linked it.

I'm going to try finding some time to update my archived tunes to 2.05 and placing them back on the main index. I would encourage the rest of you to also see about doing some updates.:cheers:

I know, mainly I hang out over at Clueless, but you guys seem to tune more FF cars then krenkme, so I was wondering if you have any plans for some of the new Alfa cars found in the OCD?

... I just hope krenkme isn't mad at me for asking you guys :nervous:

I know, mainly I hang out over at Clueless, but you guys seem to tune more FF cars then krenkme, so I was wondering if you have any plans for some of the new Alfa cars found in the OCD?

... I just hope krenkme isn't mad at me for asking you guys :nervous:

As long as the FF Alfas make over 400hp, I'm tuning them. đź‘Ť

Back