Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Yes, I would. Just like the rest of GTP who aren't premium. :P
Yes I did it to get rid of the adds since one of them insisted on making my web browser crash.

As for the V.I.P. forum I'd tell you but then I'd be forced to use your corpse as ballast on a 375,000+km 2CV...:crazy:

By the way has anyone danced with "Donnybrook" yet?

As for the V.I.P. forum I'd tell you but then I'd be forced to use your corpse as ballast on a 375,000+km 2CV...:crazy:

Shame really. Onboy would rather like the 🤬 thread, or the other 🤬 thread.

By the way has anyone danced with "Donnybrook" yet?

I just did. It's great once you get past the violent oversteer on braking. Other than that, the gears are great for a manual user and the rest of the handling is great.

lagunasecaracewaye.jpg

Mixing it with the body builders.

Last edited:
@XDesperado67

I had a blast in your Silvia 240RS a couple of days ago; I've used a slightly power tuned one for drfiting in the past as that's all I could get it to do!

You've toned down the wayward rear quite well, but it's still keeps its wild heart with that much power (I used sports hard tyres) and the gearing is spot-on for the power delivery. Really good fun but I found it difficult to make fast laps; I suspect it would be a decent drifter. And the colour suits it!

I should point out that I was on my own Mt Aso based test/fun track, which has an unforgiving steep and bumpy uphill section and a small jump.

@XDesperado67

I had a blast in your Silvia 240RS a couple of days ago; I've used a slightly power tuned one for drfiting in the past as that's all I could get it to do!

You've toned down the wayward rear quite well, but it's still keeps its wild heart with that much power (I used sports hard tyres) and the gearing is spot-on for the power delivery. Really good fun but I found it difficult to make fast laps; I suspect it would be a decent drifter. And the colour suits it!

I should point out that I was on my own Mt Aso based test/fun track, which has an unforgiving steep and bumpy uphill section and a small jump.
Thanks Woodski glad you enjoyed "Pandora's Box".:D I've added your review to the tune.👍👍

Another recent tune you might have fun with on your custom track is my Toyota, Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX '83, "Keiichi Tsuchiya Version", 482PP.
Car is currently on share if you want to check it out.:cheers:

Hey Onboy you said I forgot to list the PP for one of your recent tunes in the index, which one/s so I can fix it?

McFly
eifelcircuit2f.jpg

So, there I sat. Just finished with my shootout entrys, not happy with the repetitive seasonal events, and unsure what to do next.

"I could always find something different to tune" I thought to myself, but that wouldn't cheer me up. I needed something, but was unsure what. I decided to head down to the cafe.

Apon my arrival, I noticed some "men" dressed in racing suits, chained to a flag poll, and running in circles. "Odd" I thought to myself, but not that odd around here. So I entered the Cafe in search of a good stiff... Kool-Aid :D.

"No one here" I said aloud. Just to make sure I checked behind the bar, and the Outlaws were not in the taps :D, so I checked the till, not there either :D, so I headed to their offices. Still, nothing. Untill I saw some keys sitting on Harveys desk, with a note next to it. "Happy St. Patricks day boys" is what it read.

Well surely he wouldn't mind me trying it, would he? :dopey:

So I grabed the keys with the DMC lable on it and headed to the garage, and there I found "Donnybrook", Harveys newest creation. This would get me out of my funk, and I know exactly where I'm running this car. Stars and Stripes seasonal on the Eifel course. :dopey:

First time in the car, I was unsure what to expect, but entering turn one told me what I needed to know.

eifelcircuito.jpg

Sounds that came out of my face, like "ooohhhhh", "jjjrrrgggguuuurrrrmmm", and "uurrrrggggg" were the norm, as this car power sild its way around this track and American muscle cars. You could not get rid of the smile from my face.

eifelcircuit1w.jpg

eifelcircuit3.jpg

Sadly driver tallent played a role and the car had a small problem, but with more time and practice I know, first is going to be mine 👍

eifelcircuit4d.jpg

If I were to find any fault with this tune, it would be the gearing is too short for long straits, and it can be an addictive car to drive. Thank you Harvey, for making the old, creative seasonals fun again, and if you don't mind, may I keep the keys for awhile? Seems I need to take a trip to the past...:dopey:

@krenkme glad you liked "Donnybrook". Should have put in my notes that for tracks with longer straights adjust the final gear for a higher top speed. That being said I'm afraid it doesn't have an extremely high top speed.:indiff:

@krenkme glad you liked "Donnybrook". Should have put in my notes that for tracks with longer straights adjust the final gear for a higher top speed. That being said I'm afraid it doesn't have an extremely high top speed.:indiff:

Oh, I figured as much. That's what I did. A blast to drive. Thanks for tuning it 👍:dopey:

It's another review time!

Run with the DMC

You can't help but to feel sorry for John Z. Delorean. A man with a vision, and ideas that made history. He was the one that thought "How about we stick a large engine into a mid-sized Pontiac?" and the results are well known, the start of the muscle car era, the greatest moment in USA car history since the Ford T. But when GM fired him, he took his ideas somewhere else, and attempted to start his own brand. The DMC-12 was the result of such.

But the DMC bombed. The car's project changed several times, and when it came out, it wasn't the great car many thought it was supposed to be. A puny engine and huge price tag killed the car's chances. And when Delorean was arrested, the nail in the coffin was set on DMC's demise. If the car wasn't the main star in a certain movie, it would just be a footnote in the sports car world.

Fast foward into 2012. Good ol' Harvey wanted to make a "St. Patrick's day" special, so he choose a car that was produced in Ireland, hence the DMC.

But you might ask "HC, how did Harvey extract 400-plus hp from the DMC? Didn't it have the same engine as the Alpine A310, with a pathetic 130 hp?" Yes, and no. You see, this DMC is NOT the '80's version. After DMC went bust, the company's assets were bought by a american company, that gave support to other DMC owners. So, they upgraded the car to 200 hp. Question solved.

So, how's the car itself. Not bad at all, really. Unlike the PPE, this car can grip in corners, as long as you keep it steady. As I was driving the car 'round Laguna Seca, I was addicted to make a perfect lap with the car. In short tracks like this, it's the perfect tool. The gearbox is set to keep the car in the high range of revs, which in turn causes the car to have a very low top speed. The car kept well during the corner that is the Corkscrew, with no problems whatsoever. But, there are a few catches. Don't expect grip every time you do a corner. This car has a interesting behaviour when it goes wrong. The front end wants to go understeer, while the rear end tailslides. Even in handling this car is a time machine. The front behaves like a Integra, while the rear behaves like the Alpine. Must be the engine speaking... And, with such a low top speed, don't expect miracles on long straights.

While it's not as a neutral as the original product, this DMC can behave pretty well for a '80's car. It's like a muscle car version of the gullwing silver wonder. Plenty of power. A great way to celebrate the Irish day, guvnah.

Thanks for the review Niku. I'll link it to the tune after I finish work this morning.👍👍

Also yeah not sure what it is about the "Donnybrook@ but when it starts losing traction it starts getting that weird slideways skidding thing going on that will keep you on your toes.:embarrassed:

Thanks for the review Niku. I'll link it to the tune after I finish work this morning.👍👍

Also yeah not sure what it is about the "Donnybrook@ but when it starts losing traction it starts getting that weird slideways skidding thing going on that will keep you on your toes.:embarrassed:

It is a weird way to say that you're doing it the wrong way... Oh, and I think you can't paint the body because the car only came in silver. Apart from a few gold plate versions, the car had only one colour.

It is a weird way to say that you're doing it the wrong way... Oh, and I think you can't paint the body because the car only came in silver. Apart from a few gold plate versions, the car had only one colour.
The car was unpainted. DMC just left the original aluminum finish so an owner could paint it if they wanted. Believe that was one of their attempts at cutting costs of production.

The car was unpainted. DMC just left the original aluminum finish so an owner could paint it if they wanted. Believe that was one of their attempts at cutting costs of production.

And we all know how that ended...:indiff: I had a drive with the DMC in stock guise in GT4 and in GT5, and I was impressed. That extra power can do wonders...👍

LanceVance
Hey here can I win the DMC please?

You can win a DMC in the Super Nostalgia Cup in B-Spec and then put Harveys tune on it 👍

Or the Clueless Tunes one @550pp :dopey:

Last edited:
Well, I know that, but if even if it was, it wouldn't matter. Still looking forward to your not-as-long review though…

Its going to be difficult to restrain myself from just writting pages and pages of bond jokes. There will be at least a couple, naturally.

So just wasted most of my morning on the phone with first Verizon tech support who informed me my problem was the phone and transferred me to HTC's tech support who told me I didn't have the proper software update that fixed my problem. Of course after spending close to 2 hours and doing a factory reset on the phone wiping out all my passwords and account information they couldn't update the software and transferred me to HTC's warrenty department who then told me that HTC isn't actually responsible for covering my phone but that a third company was. Of course this third company isn't open on Saturday so I can't contact them until Monday. Meanwhile Verizon who I bought the phone from and who I have a contract with is saying there is nothing more they can do until the other two companies sort out who is responsible for what.:mad:
Pay good money for equipment and services only to find out your dealing with a cross between the three Stooges and a slimy used car salesman with a dash of crooked politician thrown in for good measure.:crazy::mad:
Of course everyone still expects me to pay for my "service" since I signed a contract don't you know.:mad:
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Can't say what I really want to without getting banned so that will have to do.:mad:

Anyways hope everyone else is having a better weekend than I am.:ill:

Also been thinking that since I got this shiny new premium I might set up a poll in the Q&A forum on whether I should change my user name here to Harvey Wallbanger, just drop the X or leave it as is. What do you all think? Do a public poll or keep it here in the Café? If I did a public poll I might set up some sort of giveaway to go along with it...:crazy::D

Wow, talk about the run around, jeez :embarrassed:. I hope your day gets better soon.

I think you should leave it as is, but I'll still call you Harvey most likely :dopey:

Back