FIA GT3 & GT4 Spa 200km | Saturday 17th March | Results posted

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 227 comments

If we did another, which track would you want it to be held at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Laguna all the way then :). Not a fan of the longer circuits, too many places to improve. A small track is hard enough!

I would love to this again on Fuji. Not many series with Fuji on the schedule.

Race was pretty cool. I managed to jump from 3rd to 1st right of the bat and managed to stay there until the end of the first stint.

I also tought for some reason we were doing a 3 stint race instead of a 3 pit one and ended up delaying a bit my first pit.

Came out in 3rd, not very far from Dennis, but i had a ~4 lap fresher tires that helped me get the lead again. Then at the end of the second stint, Biffy came passing everyone and never lost the lead.

On the last stint, when i finally had shortened the gap to Dennis enough to get on his slipstream and to set up a overtake, i went to wide on the first eau rouge curb and hit the wall, ended up with big engine damage and losing positions to Pag and Green. Managed to pass Green later on and finished 4th. Kinda disapointing after leading so many laps, but fun race overall.

Looking foward to the next one. :)

Could I get some feedback from you lot?

Do you want another race like this?
Spa again or a different track?

I figured the speed differences were slightly too large between GT3 and GT4 so I'll come up with something in between if we do another one. Will post the results (of what I can) later. 👍

I could defenetly be down for another one. 👍

I agree that the difference between the cars was too great.. If only the GT4 cars had proper weight and DF the corner speeds would not differ so much...

Either way, I had a ton of fun!

Real life circuits only. No city courses. :)

Most probs be out of Spa, Nurb GP/F, Monza, Laguna, Fuji, Suzuka

How about La Sarthe? Day/night cycle 👍
No weather..

I love the mixed class races we've had there. And now, when we can run 16 cars, I defenetly think it would be awesome! 👍

@ TheReality: When I heard that horn.. I was LMFAO!! Thinking "That guy's a crazy ****" :lol:

It was like standing on the sidewalk, and a bunch of cars passing by, doing like 150 mph.. Going all crazy, leaning on their horns.. HAHA!!

Last edited:
I could defenetly be down for another one. 👍

I agree that the difference between the cars was too great.. If only the GT4 cars had proper weight and DF the corner speeds would not differ so much...

Either way, I had a ton of fun!

How about La Sarthe? Day/night cycle 👍
No weather..

I love the mixed class races we've had there. And now, when we can run 16 cars, I defenetly think it would be awesome! 👍

@ TheReality: When I heard that horn.. I was LMFAO!! Thinking "That guy's a crazy ****" :lol:

It was like standing on the sidewalk, and a bunch of cars passing by, doing like 150 mph.. Going all crazy, leaning on their horns.. HAHA!!

Might as well have fun, even if I'm not competitive :). You have just given me an idea though. I once went to an event at Brands Hatch race circuit in Kent called Britcars: In to the night race. Could be really fun ^^. Sarthe is such a boring & long track though, prefer shorter tracks myself.

I'd love to do it again either at Suzuka, Laguna, Monza, or Nurburgring GP/F.

Laguna's can be glitchy at times though. Remember back when we were doing JGTS test races and Dennis tried pitting and for whatever reason he just kept driving through, never able to change tires.

I've heard all kinds of weird glitches coming from the pits at Laguna before as well so we'll have to be careful.

I think Monza or Suzuka would be your best bet.

Yea, I agree.. I tryed to enter the pits for 7 or 8 straight laps.. Trying every imaginable way to enter the pits.. Every single time, I juste went straight thru.. So from having a good shot at the win, I ended up parked in the sand by T4 just to stay out of peoples way.. I had NO rubber left what so ever..

It will take a lot for me to ever race at Laguna Seca again.. Which is a shame, cause I like that track..

How about Nurburgring Nordschleife/24h/Type D for a cool mixed class race?
Like the real deal.. Will be extremely delicate manouvers required when cars from different classes race close.. 👍

At night :D

Nurb gpf sounds good, I get on ok with that track. Have it start in daylight then finish in the night. Hopefully wouldn't need too many laps to even the classes too, adrenaline was on overdrive last time totally shaking like a hamster would if you gave it red bull, ecstasy & your finest columbian coffee. I've had an idea I've started working on which could be good for a race like this, it's only with one car manufacturer though. I'll drop you a PM later when I have time.

Great stuff everyone. 👍

Yeah the frame rate was quite bad, but wasn't so bad when you adjusted to it (which I'm not very good at I must admit!)

At least we did a race with 16 drivers and we all finished the race (nearly :P).

ABS was not disallowed. It would have stopped you from entering the track if you had it on prior.

Could I get some feedback from you lot?

Do you want another race like this?
Spa again or a different track?

I figured the speed differences were slightly too large between GT3 and GT4 so I'll come up with something in between if we do another one. Will post the results (of what I can) later. 👍

Count me in if there is another Adam!

This was such a good race even if I did make a mess of it! I would vote either Nurb GP tracks or Suzuka.👍

When are you going to put the results up Aderrrm? I want to see my name next to '1st' for the first (and probably only) time :P

Awesome job Adam and it was fun racing with many of you for the first time. Real quality driving from the entire group.

I really appreciate your ability to equalize all these cars. Ton of work and skill required there. In the WRS we usually end up with one makes to save time, but this was fun variety. 👍

I would definitely consider another, but i got lucky with rain outs this time and we are heading into dry season here in California soon so Saturdays will be tough, but I would make an effort and get on reserves at least.

I agree Tim. Great job everyone. 👍

And thanks. I forgot to ask but how did the GT3 guys find it competing against cars different to their own? The GT-R is definitely the most stable car, the Corvette fastest down a straight, the R8 most difficult to tune, and the Ford GT mediocre. :D

That's sad to hear but hopefully you will be able to. You never know!

When are you going to put the results up Aderrrm? I want to see my name next to '1st' for the first (and probably only) time :P

I haven't forgot don't worry. :P I'm just waiting on a PM from Wardez and then I'll get the results up along with a poll for the track for the next round. Hopefully everyone that participated will come back in the thread and vote. :)

There seems to be a few going for Nurb, along with Suzuka and Monza. I don't think Nurb 24h/Type V would bring out the excitement with the classes we have, since the slower class would probably see the faster class once and that's it. And all Dennis wants to do is race at night! xD I guess the poll will decide. :D

I think the GT needed to be a hair lighter. It was twice as fun on low fuel.
Suzuka would probably be a cool place to do another since it's pretty even with mixed car types.

If we want night time, we'd probably have to go to Le Sarthe.

I forgot to ask but how did the GT3 guys find it competing against cars different to their own? The GT-R is definitely the most stable car, the Corvette fastest down a straight, the R8 most difficult to tune, and the Ford GT mediocre. :D

Most of my race was spent battling in the vicinity of Wardez in his Audi R8 LMS vs my RM Corvette Z06 and they seem evenly matched. Or maybe he's just a faster driver and the Z06 was faster allowing me to hang with him... it's hard to tell for sure not having raced with him before, but the two felt pretty balanced to me.

I think the GT needed to be a hair lighter. It was twice as fun on low fuel.
Suzuka would probably be a cool place to do another since it's pretty even with mixed car types.

If we want night time, we'd probably have to go to Le Sarthe.

Without making it so that drivers must use a lower aero on the Ford GT, rather than the maximum, the easiest solution to make it slower in a straight is to add the weight. The GT is probably the best car in the corners.

Most of my race was spent battling in the vicinity of Wardez in his Audi R8 LMS vs my RM Corvette Z06 and they seem evenly matched. Or maybe he's just a faster driver and the Z06 was faster allowing me to hang with him... it's hard to tell for sure not having raced with him before, but the two felt pretty balanced to me.

That's good to hear. :)

(had to use some time differences from lap 29 since some people got DC'ed)

Race Results:

GT3:

GTP_Biffy 1:18:26.032 (2:15.143)
chorda +05.387 (2:15.219)
Paginas +19.347 (2:14.856)
Minion07 +26.472 (2:15.481)
greennarcotics +28.210 (2:15.842)
Wardez +31.493 (2:15.953)
GTP_WRP001 +36.161 (2:15.670)
TnJF +1:11.937 (2:15.782)
GTP_CSL DNF DC Lap 15

GT4:

GTP_Aderrrm +1:00.034 (2:27.472)
R1600Turbo +1:25.741 (2:27.987)
WiiFreak +1:27.415 (2:27.745)
GTP_jtv90069 +2:11.120 (2:29.905)
Jay_1086 +1 Lap (2:32.175)
The-Reality-ca DNF DC Lap 18
MULE_9242 DNF DC Lap 15

Congrats to all podium finishers and Biffy for winning in GT3! :cheers:

PRIZES:

1st in Class: any car worth under 1,000,0000 from the NCD or OCD or a choice of ticket. GTP_Biffy
2nd in Class: any car worth 750,000 or under from the NCD or OCD or a choice of ticket. chorda & R1600Turbo
3rd in Class: any car worth 500,000 or under from the NCD or OCD or a choice of ticket. Paginas & WiiFreak

Fastest lap in Class: any car worth 500,000 or under from the NCD or OCD. Paginas

Cheers all! I've added a poll to see where you want to race for the next one. It will still be multi-class, but the lower class will be much more exciting and faster in relation to the higher class. The higher class will be very similar to the GT3 cars we have just used. The race will take place on Saturday April 14th at the same time as this one. 8:30 PDT / 11:30 EDT / 16:30 BST.

Please bare in mind for those that are in my GT4 Cup, that we will be racing at Nurburgring GP/F the previous week in the GT4 Cup so you might not want to go there. Type V won't be so bad in the dark, as long as everyone takes their time and enjoys the race. It won't be as competitive as a race in the middle of a WSGTC or JGTS season, so as long as you remember this then it will be fine. :D A benefit of racing at a smaller track is that the classes will meet more times during the race.

:)👍

Last edited:
guhhh the decision between Suzuka and Laguna is so hard for me...

Ok, ok, Laguna, before I regret.

I voted Type V.. But then I saw the time and date.. Can't make it. :(

I felt the GT was a bit unstable, at least at Spa. Perhaps it got better with low fuel, but I wouldn't know. It did make me think that over a long race, the odds of making a mistake much higher (than the GT-R especially).

I'd find anything except Laguna acceptable. ^^;

Hi guys.

If you plan to repeat the race I'm in if there is a free place.

I felt the GT was a bit unstable, at least at Spa. Perhaps it got better with low fuel, but I wouldn't know. It did make me think that over a long race, the odds of making a mistake much higher (than the GT-R especially).

I'd find anything except Laguna acceptable. ^^;

Nah, that didn't get any better with low fuel. It just got more lively and didn't feel so bad under braking. Something about the car just didn't like the kerbs at spa; it would cause random un-saveable snap-oversteer. If I stayed off the kerbs from Malmedy to Blanchemont it was pretty pleasing (but slow).

I am interested in running again and at 3am Sunday morning the only thing I have planned is sleep :)

Isn't Laguna pit bugged or something?

Yeah, but as long as the race isn't too long and everyone is aware of the danger It's probably not too big of a deal. Don't think anyone got bugged out in the FMSC races last weekend.

Personally I've never had it happen to me since I creep into the pits there in 1st gear at 20mph. It generally bites people when they try to get into the pits with maximum velocity, or cut the kerb on the inside.

I voted Type V.. But then I saw the time and date.. Can't make it. :(

Damn :nervous:

I am interested in running again and at 3am Sunday morning the only thing I have planned is sleep :)

Dedication! :D:tup:

I'm going to hold back on my vote as I don't know my schedule for that weekend at the moment.

Righto.

Laguna Seca 5 (Reality's vote) - Nurb Type V 3.5 (Denilson is a half vote :P)

Pag pick another track. Forgot we were running GP/F on the last round of the GT4 Cup and I didn't want to disturb the mods with something so petty as removing an option from a poll. :dopey:

I've never had problems at Laguna either. And I'm slowly edging towards voting for it...

Just to make things clear regarding the Laguna Seca pit glitch.

I was well aware of the delicate entry you have to do to not be stuck, or have a drive thru.
With this in mind, I enter the pits.. Slooooooow.. It became a drive thru..

I then tryed for 8 straight laps, trying every imaginable approach.. And the car just kept running past my pit crew and out to track with the same old rubber. I had to park to not be a hazard to my fellow racers.

But as I said, I've not heard about anything like it lately, so perhaps it's sorted..

Latest Posts

Back