Motor City Tunes

I think LSD was 11 / 17 / 14

if I set Decel lower, it will oversteer on braking, even with small rear brake bias.
range 13-19 on decel seemed to work good.

I'll retry the higher brake bias settings, although i prefer less powerful brakes in this track, i tend to brake a tad early (often times, using cadence style , or two shot braking, just to light up the stoplights, and with less gusto, and follow through corners with good speed.

My opinion... you described a condition of understeer on corner entry so LSD decel is too high. Start walking that down a couple of numbers at a time and see if you can get any gains. I like really low decel numbers - as low as the car will allow - for entry and mid corner steering gains. Most of my cars are under 10. Only a few LMP, FGT, Veron and other high HP cars am I into the teens or twenties.

I dialed the Decel down to 8, took it online, and the car no longer suffered from understeer, but it was a challenging fight at the wheel throughout the race, but this is a difference I feel between offline and online, the car ONline feels much wilder and looser on track, than it ever does offline practice.

I doubt I will ever match MR evora laptimes , I realize I must have been dreaming, but still, a worthy underrated car matched with experienced driving, is rewarding with the Cobra 66.
7:06s online, came in 3rd of 12.

I don't think I could ever see 6:55s with this car at that 505pp, not saying impossible though, but certainly not consistent with other cars. Then again, it is a year '66 chassis,

now, onto Ruf Yellowbird.

Have a great day,

Honda S2000 '06 from premium dealership
286hp, 1250kg, 450PP

I used this car as a test mule on the Top Gear Test Track for a camber test. I have now gone back and posted the optimized camber settings from the test.

Tuned using DS3.

Installed Parts
ECU Tuning
Sports Air Filter
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully customizable trans
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension fully customizable
Sport Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH -5/-5
Springs 6.0/5.5
Dampers ext 4/4
Dampers comp 2/2
ARB 4/3
Camber 2.8/2.5
Toe -0.10/0.10
LSD 8/11/7
Brake balance 6/7
Ballast 0kg
Balast Position 0
Weight Distribution 50/50
Power Level 98.6%
1st gear 3.083
2nd gear 2.201
3rd gear 1.667
4th gear 1.340
5th gear 1.125
6th gear 0.975
Final gear 4.500
Top Speed 250km/155mph

I was wondering what track/s that you like to use for dialing in tune for a car?

I tune on tracks where I can be the most consistent. I like to reduce variables like elevation changes and chance where one corner makes or breaks the lap time. I also like shorter lap times, under 2 min so that I can compare lots of timed laps. I find that I can make an initial tune that will work on 90% of the tracks in the game. Some tracks need some extra fine tuning, but I haven't found a track that needs a completely different tune.

My current favorites to tune on:
Grand Valley East Reverse
Top Gear Test Track
Rome
Spa
Monza

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you for your thorough, yet understandable guide. Just recently got GT5 after a long brake from the series and your guide brought me up to speed on tuning quickly; it was a real godsend.

Have a question though if you wouldn't mind. I've been working with the LFA and have a tune that's garnered me great results in 545-566pp races, but it's really really loose [rear end wants to enter first :P ] under braking into corner entry. What would be my first steps to tackle this?

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you for your thorough, yet understandable guide. Just recently got GT5 after a long brake from the series and your guide brought me up to speed on tuning quickly; it was a real godsend.

Have a question though if you wouldn't mind. I've been working with the LFA and have a tune that's garnered me great results in 545-566pp races, but it's really really loose [rear end wants to enter first :P ] under braking into corner entry. What would be my first steps to tackle this?

I just purchased and tuned the LFA. Is this the car with the goofy stock LSD with 60/60/0 settings? Have you installed the adjustable LSD? I recommend adjusting LSD decel to settle a car down under braking and turn in. Adjust LSD first (higher numbers = more stable under braking and off throttle), then fine tune with brake balance (front number higher than rear like 6/5 or 6/4, etc.).

Hello mate, this is actually my first post here although I've been lurking for quite a while. First I just want to say that your tunes are amazing, no other tunes even get close, and usually if you don't have a tune for a certain car, I just follow your rules and can come up with a good tune myself, usually.
However, lately I've been pulling my hair our trying to get the BMW 135i to act and drive right. I've searched and used the five or so tunes already posted on here and it just never feels right. It either understeers, or pushes and rolls really hard when cornering. If you can ever find time to give it a go, I would be very appreciative. Thanks mate.

Last edited:
BubbleBelly542
How do I download a PDF from here? There's no link and I really need that ZR1 tune!

Looks like the pdfs don't show up on mobile. When we get power back after todays storms I will post my current ZR1 tune.

Motor City Hami
Looks like the pdfs don't show up on mobile. When we get power back after todays storms I will post my current ZR1 tune.

I'm not too far from Dearborn and we didn't have storms just rain. Okay, I can wait, I appreciate the effort from you!

Also, I opened up the browser instead of the app and there is still no link.

The PDFs are at the bottom of the opening post.

Here is the current tune that I have on my Corvette ZR1 RM

Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 from premium dealership
862hp, 1100kg, 686PP

Tuned using DS3.

Installed Parts
Chassis Reinforcement
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully customizable trans
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Hard Tires

Online Tune
RH 5/5
Springs 12.0/11.0
Dampers ext 7/6
Dampers comp 5/5
ARB 5/3
Camber 3.0/2.5
Toe -0.15/0.15
LSD 15/25/12
Brake balance 4/9
Downforce 35/50
Ballast 0kg
Balast Position 0
Weight Distribution 49/51
Power Level 100%
1st gear 3.563
2nd gear 2.236
3rd gear 1.620
4th gear 1.249
5th gear 0.988
6th gear 0.831
Final gear 3.420
Top Speed 360km/224mph

Offline LSD Settings
LSD 8/12/7
I found that I could be much more agressive with the LSD offline.

Motor City Hami
The PDFs are at the bottom of the opening post.

Here is the current tune that I have on my Corvette ZR1 RM

Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 from premium dealership
862hp, 1100kg, 686PP

Tuned using DS3.

Installed Parts
Chassis Reinforcement
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully customizable trans
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Hard Tires

Online Tune
RH 5/5
Springs 12.0/11.0
Dampers ext 7/6
Dampers comp 5/5
ARB 5/3
Camber 3.0/2.5
Toe -0.15/0.15
LSD 15/25/12
Brake balance 4/9
Downforce 35/50
Ballast 0kg
Balast Position 0
Weight Distribution 49/51
Power Level 100%
1st gear 3.563
2nd gear 2.236
3rd gear 1.620
4th gear 1.249
5th gear 0.988
6th gear 0.831
Final gear 3.420
Top Speed 360km/224mph

Offline LSD Settings
LSD 8/12/7
I found that I could be much more agressive with the LSD offline.

My league limits me to 623 PP, will these still work?
Thanks!

My league limits me to 623 PP, will these still work?
Thanks!

The tune will definately still work from a handling perspective. You will need to play with engine parts, ballast and engine limiter to run it in a 623PP league. You will also need to adjust the final drive to probably a higher number to tune for top speed at the end of the longest straight.

I'd suggest removing the supercharger, air filter, intake manifold, and exhaust manifold first for a lower PP regulation; removing them will not affect gearing and generally winds up making more power than just choking it via power limiter or removing exhaust, ECU, etc first.

Rotary Junkie
I'd suggest removing the supercharger, air filter, intake manifold, and exhaust manifold first for a lower PP regulation; removing them will not affect gearing and generally winds up making more power than just choking it via power limiter or removing exhaust, ECU, etc first.

I never added anything to it. Just ballast.

Mazda RX8 Type S '07 from premium dealership
251hp, 1510kg, 420PP

6805179910_f81709556e.jpg

Tuned using DS3 for the 420 Nurburgring Shootout.

GT Auto Services
Oil Change
Lime Green Metallic Paint
ENKEI RC-T4 Rims

Installed Parts
Fully customizable trans
Adjustable LSD
Comfort Soft Tires

Offline Tune for Nurburgring Nordschleife
RH 0/0
Springs 10.0/10.0
Dampers ext 6/6
Dampers comp 4/4
ARB 4/3
Camber 2.5/2.0
Toe -0.20/0.15
LSD 8/10/7
Brake balance 5/7
Ballast 200kg
Balast Position 0
Power Level 97.2%
1st gear 3.145
2nd gear 2.235
3rd gear 1.710
4th gear 1.395
5th gear 1.180
6th gear 1.020
Final gear 4.450
Top Speed 260km/162mph

I'm coming up on the big "40" in the game and I have been trying to figure out a car for the last 24 hour enduro to run. I was orginally planing on using the vettel x1 but I can not get it to handle the bumbs and the high rumble strips on the nurburg ring.
I have tried other car with limited improvement. I was wondering if there was anything that you might sugest to help out.

Oh, I have a request of sorts to ask of you. My favorite car is the Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 RM. The set up that I have been working on it for, well the last year or so dosen't really make all that much sense to me.
Set Up

650 Hp
Tranny is at 193
LSD 10/15/5
Ride Height 0/0
Spring Rate Front 13.3 Rear 13.6
Dampers Ext. Front and Rear at 5
Dampers Comp. Front and Rear at 5
Anti Roll Bar 5/3
Camber 2.5/2.0
Toe Angle -2.5/.20
Brakes 7/6
TC at 3
ABS 3

Best time on Top Gear Test Track 1:03.687 and an average of around 1:4.5xx. I was just wondering if you could give it a try and see what ya think.

Last edited:
I read in a thread that to make an ff rock, you have to run extreme settings. Mind sharing some details? As far as I know, ff cars should run: higher rear spring rates, high rear sway bar, low front sway bar, and rear toe to make the rear rotate. Care to comment on that?

Also, I'll be using an Integra Type R 95 running sport soft tires with a limit of 450pp. Idk if that helps.

Thanks

I read in a thread that to make an ff rock, you have to run extreme settings. Mind sharing some details? As far as I know, ff cars should run: higher rear spring rates, high rear sway bar, low front sway bar, and rear toe to make the rear rotate. Care to comment on that?

Also, I'll be using an Integra Type R 95 running sport soft tires with a limit of 450pp. Idk if that helps.

Thanks

I have found success doing what you have described in your post with the addition of very low LSD settings, like in the area of 7/10/5. Others have been able to produce fast setups with settings that wouldn't make logical real world cars fall apart, but in the game are very fast. Below is a link to the round 1 winner of the FITT Nurburgring 400PP Challenge on comfort softs. Notice the wild ride height, spring rates and rear camber. Some tuners belive that the ride height and springs are reverse to real world settings, as this tuner, CSLACR does.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6649576#post6649576

I tested this setup after the competition and it was a fast car, but it felt a bit whoopty mid corner with my driving style. I think you lose some consistency in the tune with wild settings that the driver needs to make up for. The tune deserves it's props, it is a fast time attack car. I think I would want something a little bit more predictable in a racing series.

Give it a try and let me know if you have any success with these wilder settings. I have been continuing to test and keep an eye on tunes like this.

I'm coming up on the big "40" in the game and I have been trying to figure out a car for the last 24 hour enduro to run. I was orginally planing on using the vettel x1 but I can not get it to handle the bumbs and the high rumble strips on the nurburg ring.
I have tried other car with limited improvement. I was wondering if there was anything that you might sugest to help out.

Oh, I have a request of sorts to ask of you. My favorite car is the Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 RM. The set up that I have been working on it for, well the last year or so dosen't really make all that much sense to me.
Set Up

650 Hp
Tranny is at 193
LSD 10/15/5
Ride Height 0/0
Spring Rate Front 13.3 Rear 13.6
Dampers Ext. Front and Rear at 5
Dampers Comp. Front and Rear at 5
Anti Roll Bar 5/3
Camber 2.5/2.0
Toe Angle -2.5/.20
Brakes 7/6
TC at 3
ABS 3

Best time on Top Gear Test Track 1:03.687 and an average of around 1:4.5xx. I was just wondering if you could give it a try and see what ya think.

Might have time to look at this later in the week.

Toyota 86 GT '12
358hp, 1286kg, 490PP

6856779438_5aa8931133.jpg

This car was built for the 490 PP Japanese Tuner Challenge. This was a tough car to tame. It takes a bit of extra care when getting back to throttle on tight 2nd gear corners. Also, no matter how tempting or how much the gear indicator flashes a red #1 in your face, never, ever drop down to 1st gear. First gear is only meant to get you rolling off pit road - it is not a racing gear.

Tracks: Tsukuba and Suzuka
Settings A is clearly marked in the title as Tsukuba 490PP
Settings B is clearly marked in the title as Suzuka 490PP
Car is on share now.

Tuned using DS3.

Installed Parts
Carbon Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Sport Hard Tires

Offline Tune
RH -10/-4
Springs 10.5/5.0
Dampers ext 6/4
Dampers comp 4/2
ARB 3/4
Camber 2.7/2.7
Toe -0.10/0.12
LSD 11/12/7
Brake balance 6/9
Downforce 0/9
Ballast 61kg
Balast Position +50
Power Level 97.8%

Tsukuba Gearing
1st gear 3.300
2nd gear 2.380
3rd gear 1.880
4th gear 1.525
5th gear 1.285
6th gear 1.110
Final gear 3.750
Top Speed 230km/143mph

Suzuka Gearing
1st gear 3.300
2nd gear 2.380
3rd gear 1.850
4th gear 1.500
5th gear 1.260
6th gear 1.075
Final gear 3.750
Top Speed 230km/143mph

Last edited:
Honda NSX Type R '92
408hp, 1150kg, 520PP

7013033649_38bdc0ef15.jpg

This car was built for the 520PP Japanese Tuner Challenge. No matter how tempting or how much the gear indicator flashes a red #1 in your face at Tsukuba, never, ever drop down to 1st gear. First gear is only meant to get you rolling off pit road - it is not a racing gear.

At Suzuka, I found that I could use 1st gear in the turn 11 hairpin, but nowhere else. And that 3rd gear through the "S" was awesome - not much advantage in dropping to 2nd.

Tracks: Tsukuba and Suzuka
Settings A is clearly marked in the title as Tsukuba 520PP
Settings B is clearly marked in the title as Suzuka 520PP
Car is on share now.

Tuned using DS3.

Installed Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
Adjustable LSD
Sport Medium Tires

Offline Tune
RH -5/-3
Springs 10.0/9.5
Dampers ext 5/5
Dampers comp 4/4
ARB 3/3
Camber 2.8/2.7
Toe -0.17/0.10
LSD 12/14/10
Brake balance 5/8
Ballast 43kg
Balast Position -50
Weight Distribution 47/53
Power Level 96.3%

Tsukuba Gearing
1st gear 2.975
2nd gear 2.105
3rd gear 1.660
4th gear 1.365
5th gear 1.150
Final gear 4.125
Top Speed 180km/112mph

Suzuka Gearing
1st gear 2.975
2nd gear 2.105
3rd gear 1.630
4th gear 1.285
5th gear 1.045
Final gear 3.850
Top Speed 180km/112mph

Honda NSX Type R '92
408hp, 1150kg, 520PP

Hey Hami, I'm not looking forward to going up against this car. My, as yet unsubmitted, entry is 15hp down, but 70kg lighter than yours. I've been finding lately that power often wins out over weight :scared:

Best of luck, Sir...

{Cy}

Hey Hami, I'm not looking forward to going up against this car. My, as yet unsubmitted, entry is 15hp down, but 70kg lighter than yours. I've been finding lately that power often wins out over weight :scared:

Best of luck, Sir...

{Cy}

Look forward to seeing your car and tune. I had been adding as much weight as possible to gain more power in past competitions. Lately I have been playing with a little weight and a little power limiting. There seems to be an overweight point that hurts corner speed. It's not a clear line for me yet so still playing.

Not finding much difference in weight for my car for the shootout. Got to different 490PP setups of my car with nearly 300kg difference between them and they are within a 10th on both tracks. Handling is almost identical and acceleration and top speed are also pretty much the same as well.:odd:

Well, for my entry I've had to strip pretty much everything out and added just about everything to make PP, so there wasn't much I could do about it. I've been losing out to quite a few cars that are heavier and more powerful online, so I'm going to start favouring power over weight. That 86 GT is the bane of my 500PP life, damned thing is always nipping at my heals or tear arsing off over the horizon :sly:

{Cy}

First let me say thank you for your time and energy. Your guides in my opinion are priceless.

I just came across your LSD master list of premium cars. I had some time on my hand and decided to try out your theory. Will the cars tunes improve or will their good tunes be ruined?

Three hours later and changing 90% of my and other tuners lsd settings i am done. Wheww long day. These LSD settings of yours are almost magical. I used your lsd's on other tuners tunes, ( prianno, rkm, adrenaline, cluless, dragon, cardboardbox , and maddfin) to name a few.

In some cases the times reduction were small. The average was apx. .500 to.750 of a second. Great improvement. The largest was a tad over 2.00 seconds on Trial Mountain. A full 2 seconds just by changing the lsd. With that large of a drop in times i was left wanting more. Hence the three hours. In all the changes the cars felt more balanced, less front end diving in the corners, less rear end spin out of the corners.

Of note the Yellow Bird settings made a great improvement. The car is a joy to drive again. Get it right and you are rewarded, get it wrong and you no longer in an ambulance on the way to the morgue. Maybe the hospital, just not the morgue.

Of course i have to ask, What are the chances of you posting some other lsd numbers
for standard cars ? Such as BMW CSL or GTR , maybe even a GTR to name a few.

Thanks again.

Latest Posts

Back