GTP WRS-Online : Special V - World Tour - June 2 & 9

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 382 comments

Which times for stop 2 can you make? (select all that work)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok Ren. Are you here to sign up or just correct my English? :rolleyes: One of the reasons we scheduled this one on a Saturday was for you guys down under.

Signed up. Tricky to sign up from a phone in the middle of rehearsal :guilty:

The Audi is so nice to drive and on my favourite track 👍

Need to test the other cars before I sign up, though I'll probably skip the 2nd tour, I can't stand Fuji and decided to never visit it again.

The Audi is so nice to drive and on my favourite track 👍

Need to test the other cars before I sign up, though I'll probably skip the 2nd tour, I can't stand Fuji and decided to never visit it again.

C'mon, racing at Monza in a Ferrari more than makes up for it, like the Lambo combo. Those races were crazy good.

Plus the LFA is a breeze to drive.

just registered and really excited to join, but pretty new to all of this so any help/pointers/tips on the event would be greatly appreciated thanks and good luck :)

just registered and really excited to join, but pretty new to all of this so any help/pointers/tips on the event would be greatly appreciated thanks and good luck :)

Question: What is your experience level with online racing? I see you are D1 bronze so obviously you know how to get around the track!

If you haven't race online a lot the first thing to do is make sure you have a solid internet connection that's tested and NAT 2 at minimum. That means join us for practice a few times and also join a few of our weekly events (official races every Wednesday and unofficial most Saturdays).

Work out any connection issues before the special event. The most frustrating thing with online racing can be to practice and prepare only to be unable to connect on race day or have half the field invisible to you -- and that's not fun the other drivers either or to constantly DC. Better to know ahead of time what you're dealing with.

As far as the racing... online can be unique, but let us know how much online racing experience you already have so we don't tell you the obvious.

He knows everything about racing, jamiebeech is just a nickname for another JB intialled guy.....guess he got boared in the simulator ;)

hey???
i dont get what you mean

and jamie beech is my real name mate

It was a joke my friend, JB could be Jenson Button ;)

I wasn't exactly sure what he meant either, but I had a feeling he was talking about Jenson. One the other hand I thought he knew something about jamiebeech and maybe he was a "ringer"... even though we've now confirmed he's not Jenson maybe he still is a ringer. :sly: :lol:

Anyway, there are worse guys to be confused with if you like to race! 👍

I wasn't exactly sure what he meant either, but I had a feeling he was talking about Jenson. One the other hand I thought he knew something about jamiebeech and maybe he was a "ringer"... even though we've now confirmed he's not Jenson maybe he still is a ringer. :sly: :lol:

Anyway, there are worse guys to be confused with if you like to race! 👍

I know I am not always 'understandable', my poor English has got to be the mean reason for that....

The English flag and the GTP_JB account made me believe there was a slight chance we could be racing against one of my favourite F1 pilots :) (Thats if Kimi is not on track ;) )
So it was definitly ment to be a nice compliment towards you Jamiebeech ;)

eh was this understandable or am I confusing everybody again ? :dunce:

I know I am not always 'understandable', my poor English has got to be the mean reason for that....

The English flag and the GTP_JB account made me believe there was a slight chance we could be racing against one of my favourite F1 pilots :) (Thats if Kimi is not on track ;) )
So it was definitly ment to be a nice compliment towards you Jamiebeech ;)

eh was this understandable or am I confusing everybody again ? :dunce:

haha i understand now, and I WISH!! but no just jamie beech im afraid.. sorry to dissapoint:guilty:

and what does ringer mean guys??

A "ringer" usually means, someone who is sure to win, or sure to succeed.

I understood that Frank was hinting at Jenson right away. 👍

c2ef07ea.png

My LFA. Even though I won't be racing in it I decided to post a pic. I love the look of Slate Blue too much on the LFA to think of putting any other color on it.

I don't know if anyone noticed as I forgot to announce it, but we updated the OP with regards to qualification.

Qualifying for each stop in the world tour will be independent and consist of pre-arranged observed qualifying races. The first combo in each stop will be used for qualification. If more than 16 drivers participate in the event the top half of qualifying drivers from each stop will participate in the "A" race and the remaining will participate in a "B" race. Late registrations or drivers who do not run qualifying are still welcome to join and will start at the back of the grid.

Qualifying Windows
  • Stop 1: Audi @ Nürb GP/D | Friday, May 18 (12:01 PM Pacific) - Friday, June 1 (10:00 PM Pacific)
  • Stop 2: Lexus @ Fuji GT | Friday, May 18 (12:01 PM Pacific) - Friday, June 15 (10:00 PM Pacific)

Note: We are finalizing the point system and will have it published in the next few days.

Thanks Jon. Tim I submitted it, let me know if I did it incorrectly.

Scott, you submitted correctly, although the aspect ratio isn't 16:9 it'll still work.

Note: you won't see the pictures show up automatically when you submit as I have to screen them first and approve them... just in case someone decides to try and punk me... I would prefer not to get banned from the site. :sly:

Shoot, it was a picture I actually took in Nov 2010 shortly after release and I was hoping it was 16x9 since all the pics I take are, at least for as long as I can remember. If it's okay I'll reshoot it and resubmit later, no need to put it up with the others for now.

Shoot, it was a picture I actually took in Nov 2010 shortly after release and I was hoping it was 16x9 since all the pics I take are, at least for as long as I can remember. If it's okay I'll reshoot it and resubmit later, no need to put it up with the others for now.

We can just leave it in the showroom as it looks fine. If you want to submit a new one, just do so with the form and it'll replace that last one.

c2ef07ea.png

My LFA. Even though I won't be racing in it I decided to post a pic. I love the look of Slate Blue too much on the LFA to think of putting any other color on it.

Stunning picture! Well done!

Al

Got a question for you guys...

Since we have a smaller sign up list for the 2nd stop on June 16th would any of you who didn't sign up on the 16th be available if we switched to June 9th instead? Scott -- I remember you saying you were out of the country on the 16th... are you in town on the 9th?

And would those of you who did sign up for the 16th also be available if we moved it to the the 9th?

At this point just looking for general comments. If we don't get any strong opinions against the 9th we may start a poll to see which day is preferred.

I'm gone the 5th through the 25th so there probably is no way I could do the 2nd weekend. Nice vacation, kills my online racing though.;)

I'm gone the 5th through the 25th so there probably is no way I could do the 2nd weekend. Nice vacation, kills my online racing though.;)

You have to step back from time to time, I am sure you will be 'reborn' afther your hollidays.....

Don't think it would be a problem in my case, Tim, I am ok with 9/06/2012 👍

Thanks for the feedback guys. 👍

Since there haven't been any major objections to moving the race I've decided to add a poll to this thread. We now have a few options that I wasn't aware of before today.... The PURE GATE series is not running on the 9th which means if we move to the 9th we have the option to make the race a bit earlier (20:00 GMT). Also it appears the PURE CALM series is highly likely (vote is 13-1 at this point) to move the Le Mans enduro race to June 10th which will avoid all conflicts for the 9th. 👍

Please use the poll attached to this thread and select all times that you can make for slot #2. If you prefer one time over the other, but can make both, please select both and then post a message in this thread. If you can't make any of the slots then obviously don't vote. :dopey:

There are three options:
  1. June 16 @ 21:30 GMT (original date/original time)
  2. June 9 @ 21:30 GMT (new date/original time)
  3. June 9 @ 20:00 GMT (new date/new time)

The admins will make a final decision on Sunday night giving people the next 48 hours to vote and give their feedback.

Back