Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
SagarisGTB
Haha, thanks, but it's not me, it's all the car. The RGT is one of the best PP ringers in the game.

I was going to run that car, before I heard about Carroll Shelby passing away. As for your entry I can't see what time you posted it ;), so it will be submitted.

Round #3 Target Posted

Tyres: Sports Hard
Track: Eiger Nordwand Short Reverse
Target Time: 1:15.500 - 1:16.000

MCRC Deadline: Sunday 3rd June @ 20:00 EDT / 00:00 GMT / 01:00 BST(Mon) / 02:00 CEST(Mon)

What tracks do you guys want to see in future rounds?

I have the next round sorted but after that I don't have anything planned yet.

I would love to see Spa but I guess that it is precluded because it's a DLC track, so failing Spa how about something 100% Wet? Say Suzuka or SS5?

Edit: I should be around for tonight's thrash around Fuji.

I would love Spa as well, I would have thought most every one interested in online racing and racing in general had to have Spa and spent a few dollar on the DLC.
Not sure about wet track, particularely for clean racing.
Another great track for me is Suzuka

I would love to see Spa but I guess that it is precluded because it's a DLC track, so failing Spa how about something 100% Wet? Say Suzuka or SS5?

Edit: I should be around for tonight's thrash around Fuji.

If we all have Spa than it will definitely be considered as I love it.

How about wet Spa?

I would love Spa as well, I would have thought most every one interested in online racing and racing in general had to have Spa and spent a few dollar on the DLC.
Not sure about wet track, particularely for clean racing.
Another great track for me is Suzuka

I don't think we would have too many incidents with a wet race as everyone would have set there time in the wet, so as usual we know how our car is going to handle.

I too enjoy Suzuka.

I am game to try a wet race.
Wet Spa would fit the site of that track as it often rains in the Ardennes.
The Question is, who does not have Spa?

I had a nice Camaro SS '10 ready to go and fell asleep before I could post the results :banghead:

Good call on the reverse form of that track, little less accident prone than the forward direction (with the downward hairpins). Would you mind posting the car or PP you used to get the time selection just as a gauge of what might be appropriate?

If the Camaro is PPed to the right time, I personally would have no problem if that is what you run.

Oh, for tracks, I really like Trial Mtn and GVE (either direction). Both seem to produce good racing.

Good call on the reverse form of that track, little less accident prone than the forward direction (with the downward hairpins). Would you mind posting the car or PP you used to get the time selection just as a gauge of what might be appropriate?

If the Camaro is PPed to the right time, I personally would have no problem if that is what you run.

The cars I used to gauge the feel were about 450pp-460pp, although I fully expect to see much lower figures.

I had 100% plans to race tonight and am still hopeful...but my daughter has been sick all weekend with a crazy fever and had to go back to the doctors just now with my wife. My racing will depend on if I can get my little guy down in time. I think it is doable, but if I don't show, that is what happened.

Plenty of good clean racing again tonight. This is turning out to be quite a little group. I truly enjoy our evening and look forward to the Mondays to come. Tonight was a really good reminding lesson to myself that I need to slow down to go fast. The first 2 races I was pushing too hard and spent a lot of time off the racing line (even off the track). The third race I finally slowed it down a touch and ended up running some really good laps...faster than any practice times I had off or online. The VCRC version should be good. I will be impressed with any finish other than last from Mike in that monster of a car he chose.

I was a little late to the party but some excellent racing tonight again.

After the official racing ended, Cote, Mike and I tried some rain racing at Spa and as the track began to dry I turned off the ABS to give it a spin and after a few laps I got it to the point where I could run some consistent times and have reasonable control of the car. I then went offline to try the Lambo's for the VCRC event next week and I'm pretty sure I'm going to try it with ABS off.💡 I can run alone with ABS off because I can hear all the tire squeal which isn't so easy when you are running with someone else but I'd like to try it. Let's hope I keep up my nerve next week...:nervous:

EDIT: How convenient that right after this post last night, there's an update that is supposed to help with the difficulty of hearing your own car when other cars are around you?...lol.

Last edited:
Johnnypenso
I was a little late to the party but some excellent racing tonight again.

After the official racing ended, Cote, Mike and I tried some rain racing at Spa and as the track began to dry I turned off the ABS to give it a spin and after a few laps I got it to the point where I could run some consistent times and have reasonable control of the car. I then went offline to try the Lambo's for the VCRC event next week and I'm pretty sure I'm going to try it with ABS off.💡 I can run alone with ABS off because I can hear all the tire squeal which isn't so easy when you are running with someone else but I'd like to try it. Let's hope I keep up my nerve next week...:nervous:
I posted a thread in the MCRC page about ABS off.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=3143

If you have not seen it yet, you might find some interesting comment in it.

Great evening again last nite, I had a lot of fun racing Miata/Bender BMW. Very clean and intense. Next week Fuji again with interesting car choice. It is going to be an event not to be missed.

MCRC Round #2 Results

Hot Lap
1. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / RUF RGT '00 / 473pp / 1'56.524 / CDT
2. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Nissan GTR SpecV '09 / 487pp / 1:56.569 / EDT
3. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / BMW M5 '05 / 487pp / 1:56.642 / EDT
4. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Shelby Series One Super Charged '01 / 487pp / 1:56.726 / BST
5. bender2011 / miata_1 / BMW M3 GTR '03 / 498pp / 1:56.859 / EDT
6. Zorrin / DitQuois / Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 ’11 / 499pp / 1:56.915 / EDT
7. jackargent / jackargent / Lexus LFA '10 / 501pp / 1.56.829 / BST
8. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05 / 507pp / 1:56.996 / EDT

Race 1 (7 laps)
1st. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Shelby Series One Super Charged '01 / 487pp / 1:56.726 / BST
2nd. bender2011 / miata_1 / BMW M3 GTR '03 / 498pp / 1:56.859 / EDT
3rd. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Nissan GTR SpecV '09 / 487pp / 1:56.569 / EDT
4th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05 / 507pp / 1:56.996 / EDT

Race 2 (7 laps)
1st. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / BMW M5 '05 / 487pp / 1:56.642 / EDT
2nd. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05 / 507pp / 1:56.996 / EDT
3rd. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Nissan GTR SpecV '09 / 487pp / 1:56.569 / EDT
4th. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Shelby Series One Super Charged '01 / 487pp / 1:56.726 / BST
5th. bender2011 / miata_1 / BMW M3 GTR '03 / 498pp / 1:56.859 / EDT

Race 3 (7 laps)
1st. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Nissan GTR SpecV '09 / 487pp / 1:56.569 / EDT
2nd. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / BMW M5 '05 / 487pp / 1:56.642 / EDT
3rd. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Shelby Series One Super Charged '01 / 487pp / 1:56.726 / BST
4th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05 / 507pp / 1:56.996 / EDT
5th. bender2011 / miata_1 / BMW M3 GTR '03 / 498pp / 1:56.859 / EDT

Johnnypenso said I should stop by, this is an amazing idea. Could someone clarify the dates and times for me. The actual races are Monday's at 8 EDT?

Thanks.

Johnnypenso said I should stop by, this is an amazing idea. Could someone clarify the dates and times for me. The actual races are Monday's at 8 EDT?

Thanks.

The next event is Vintage car at Fuji, it is the VCRC Round#2 on the first page of this thread.

First you qualify your car, pre 89, on Fuji in a time that is between 1'56.500 and 1'57.000, keep the PP as low as you can for a good show on the leaderboard, post your PP/time in this thread. use the car of your choice or a car already used by an other racer.

Second, show up next Monday at 20h00 EDT in the MCRC_lounge with the car you have use to qualify.( send a FR to gain acces.)

and you will be in for some of the closest racing you have yet experienced online racing with GT5.

See you online!

Is 8EDT the time the lounge opens of the time the race starts? I put my daughter to bed at 8 at the latest, so I'm not going to always be able to hit the first race, but I should to in most of the other two.

I'll get the FRs sent out, I've raced with JP and TrackBound, so I'm confident the racing will be fun.

Menown
Is 8EDT the time the lounge opens of the time the race starts? I put my daughter to bed at 8 at the latest, so I'm not going to always be able to hit the first race, but I should to in most of the other two.

I'll get the FRs sent out, I've raced with JP and TrackBound, so I'm confident the racing will be fun.

We usually start the first race at about 10 past, but you can join in at any time you like.

Since we pre qualify the cars we tend to start at 8h00, but if we know you are on your way we can wait a little so we all are able to do all the races.

If you have Gt5 friends that might be intereted in friendly but intense close parity racing, let them know What you are doing, the formula works even better with more participants.

Edit: Mike was faster than me on that answer, and usualy on the track as well LOL, and as the serie organiser he also makes the rules.

Hello Freaky:dopey: You only need to send one FR to be able to race and that's to the MCRC Lounge, exact address should be in the first post. All races are held in that lounge. If you want to FR any of the participants you can do that too.

For next week's event the car selection is a bit limited as there are perhaps a dozen or so vintage cars that can achieve that particular time at Fuji. You can check the results to date in the first post to see what kind of PP levels others are running and in what cars to get an idea where to begin.

As far as being on time don't sweat it. Get there when you can, race when you can, if you PM someone and say you'll be there in a few minutes then we'll probably wait but otherwise just show up when you can and join in. The races are less than 15 minutes so you'll never have long to wait and after the first one it's reverse grid so you'll start up front. It's a very relaxed atmosphere:)

Couple of things to keep in mind are, you don't have to hit any particular PP target, you can be 20 or 30 or any figure over the lowest level, so long as that's the level in the car you choose that gets you to the target time. You can use any car, you can use a car someone has already used, a race car, the Tank car, whatever, doesn't matter. The only caveat would be to consider choosing a car you feel comfortable racing with. Most cars are good that way, but while you might find it fun to drive a RUF BTR for example and get a decent PP level with that, you might find it's not the best car to race with because it's so slippery and finicky. The car you'll do best with is one you have confidence in that you can run repeatable, consistent, laps close to the target time.

A friend of mine, who might join up with this and myself tried to run 1:55s in the BTR around Fuji F, hitting the top end of that target time was tough, no was to be consistent in that thing, but such a blast.

Lambo is a childhood fave, so I'll start with it as my guide for where my pp needs to be.

Last edited:
I was very surprised by the Miura, still spins the inside rear tyre a lot though. But in a nice Electric Blue I am fond of it.

Also as I learnt, take a moment to consider the race. In the first round in the Elise I could kill it out in the track on my own, but because the car's advantage was in cornering come race day it was very difficult to actually make a pass stick beyond the next stretch of straight, no matter how short it was.

Freaky, great to see you over here. This is some of the most fun I have had racing in GT5. Really great group, and a nice format for drivers that just want to get down to some close racing where any given driver has a legit shot at winning (we have not had a repeat winner in a night yet, and I think every driver we have has had at least 1 win since we got going). What Zorrin said is key...think of a car that you can RACE, worry about the time trial aspect 2nd. My GTR was getting spanked badly down the long straight at Fuji last night, but was incredibly fast in all of the turns. Harder to make a pass in the turns though than on the straight. Its also worth testing the car real quick online before committing to it just to ensure that you can handle it online. Most cars there isn't a huge difference, but the Peugeot that I selected for the last VCRC was a completely different animal online compared to offline. Mike did well figuring it out, I just struggled with it all night.

Back