Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
Just as an FYI, I will be doing the VCRC hot lap and race. Just need to get on the PS3 and play around with some cars.

Regarding round 2, are there plans for a VCRC at Fuji? Might be hard to find a variety of vintage cars that could hit that time. Maybe move the lap time up? Curious if that long straight will be a problem for too many cars?

Countach
63' Corvette Race Car
BTR
Yellowbird
Ford RS200 Rally Car
Ferrari 512BB
Shelby Cobra
Shelby GT500
Art Morrison Corvette
Trans Cammer

Not sure about their gearboxes but they should all have enough oomph to get around in the required time, although some of them are a little nightmarish to drive...lol..

The Miura and the Alfa Zagato might be worth a shot but I think we ran 49's in the Alfa with fully tuned suspension on SS tires for the WRS event.

Last edited:
TrackBound7
Just as an FYI, I will be doing the VCRC hot lap and race. Just need to get on the PS3 and play around with some cars.

Regarding round 2, are there plans for a VCRC at Fuji? Might be hard to find a variety of vintage cars that could hit that time. Maybe move the lap time up? Curious if that long straight will be a problem for too many cars?

The targets will always be the same for both each round. As johnny points out there are several cars capable of such times, just not a massive selection.

Sounds good. Curious what the thoughts are on the Morrison and Cammer...not sure they fit GT5 vintage races.

Played around with a couple of VCRC cars for round 1. I really wanted to run the 1980 Turbo Renault, but it was a bit too slow and very loose. Did settle on the same car Mike is running. Nice car to run. If I get a chance I might drop the PP some more and practice a bit more, but pretty happy where I am right now.

TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 / 393pp / 1:53.509 / EDT

Depending in the mileage you might be able to sneak the Jag XJ13 in. Would need to be a worn down engine and no oil change.

But as an aside at 503pp (50% Engine limiter) its a dream to drive. I had to double check I was on Sports Hard there was an insane amount of grip I ran the lap convinced I was on racing hard tyres... Too fast but if yours is in less than pristine condition would probably the car to beat come race day.

Tried a detained Cobra and at 499pp it was slow by about 2 seconds and topped out on the straight. Fuji is not the track to bring out the Chrome Cobra.

Infuriating that you can't use ballast under tuning prohibited.

Zorrin
Depending in the mileage you might be able to sneak the Jag XJ13 in. Would need to be a worn down engine and no oil change.

But as an aside at 503pp (50% Engine limiter) its a dream to drive. I had to double check I was on Sports Hard there was an insane amount of grip I ran the lap convinced I was on racing hard tyres... Too fast but if yours is in less than pristine condition would probably the car to beat come race day.

Tried a detained Cobra and at 499pp it was slow by about 2 seconds and topped out on the straight. Fuji is not the track to bring out the Chrome Cobra.

Infuriating that you can't use ballast under tuning prohibited.

I had no idea we could use a limiter.

Whoa.

I really am an idiot, I was thinking I was nuts.

No tuning, but fiddling/diddling.... Time to revisit what I thought I knew...Not how I will finish, but how the car will hopefully go-ish.

I had no idea we could use a limiter.

Whoa.

I really am an idiot, I was thinking I was nuts.

No tuning, but fiddling/diddling.... Time to revisit what I thought I knew...Not how I will finish, but how the car will hopefully go-ish.

Haha....yeah engine limiter and brake balance are both options under the "tuning prohibited" choice.

Because of the different nature of Vintage car, we could have a different target time on the same track for the Vintage side of the challenge, tire selection could also be different, but does not have to.
The brake balance adjustment is a must when driving with ABS off.

Sorry Mike, had to try and beat your PP/time. Dropped my Peugeot to 385pp and got a 1.53.891. I am pretty sure I screwed myself come race time dropping that low. It wasn't an easy run to break the 54 mark.

Sorry Mike, had to try and beat your PP/time. Dropped my Peugeot to 385pp and got a 1.53.891. I am pretty sure I screwed myself come race time dropping that low. It wasn't an easy run to break the 54 mark.

I set my car to 385pp, but by the time I hit the target time it had risen.

In for the VCRC round 1 at 20h00 EDT. Tentative for the afternoon

7. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Isuzu 4200R Concept '89 / 432pp / 1:53.602 / EDT

yosemitesamflap.jpg

Sorry, I can't reveal the underside of my left aero brake on a family forum

So who is going to be racing on Monday?

EDIT: I just realised that having the deadline on the Friday doesn't make sense, so I am moving the deadlines up to midnight (GMT) Sunday.

Last edited:
ATTENTION VCRC & MCRC members

Just a heads up...

Please subscribe to the main club thread here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=209408

Any public club news will be posted there.
And scheduled races are posted in the OP.

And any general club Q&As can take place in that thread, of course. 👍

Please also join the respective club social groups to access the club forums:

VCRC
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=350

MCRC
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=611

That's where the planning takes place.
(And super secret club activities! :sly:)

Thanks... back to your regularly scheduled thread...

So who is going to be racing on Monday?

EDIT: I just realised that having the deadline on the Friday doesn't make sense, so I am moving the deadlines up to midnight (GMT) Sunday.

Just heading out of town for a couple of days but I should be able to make it on Monday barring unforseen work issues.:dopey:

I know it's early but I've got a time for Vintage Fuji.

Zorrin/DitQuois/ Lamborghini Miura / 1:56.610 / 486pp

Zorrin
I know it's early but I've got a time for Vintage Fuji.

Zorrin/DitQuois/ Lamborghini Miura / 1:56.610 / 486pp

So you got your Miura. How do you like it?
It looks like you are doing an all Lomborghini Fuji. Nice touch.:-)

I had thoughts on the Miura too. Probably won't do any vintage Fuji till next week. Will see if there is something else I like better.

I gotta say that I really ought to have bought the Miura earlier. It'd do wonders with an adjustable diff but in stock form in a nice Blue I quite enjoy it.

I begrudgingly bought it and Fuji was its debut for me outside of a few shuffle races but it's unfair to judge a car from the odd shuffle race. And what a shocking realisation! It's beautiful and I'm fond of it now. Really should've bought that before buying the two Ferrari F1 cars!

My goal throughout this event is now going to be, where possible, to use the same manufacturer for both the Modern and Vintage.

I quite love the Aventador, even though I know I can find a lower pp car that will do the time. It is down to some 290ish HP I think at that pp. I could be completely wrong but I will check when i get the chance. It's just so tame and it looks beautiful.

Sorry chaps gotta bail from tonight's race. Was lookin forward to the Rally Car battle but something has come up that involves far too much alcohol!

Thank you for a nice evening of online racing. If we have had 4 races, we might have had 4 different winners since 3 races gave 3 different winners. Some nice battles for me with Mike in one race and Miata in an other race.
I hope we will have a little more soldiers for the next round, but the quality of tonite participant more than make up for the quantity.

Back