PURE | GATE - Suzuka

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,170 comments
plc2563 |
mitsubishi.gif
Mitsubishi FTO | Lap 1: 1'26.409 (clean) | Lap 2: 1'30.521 (no advantage)

Really nice first lap đź‘Ť

Last edited:
I noticed that the points system seems to reward the top 16 drivers. Now we have 20 or so drivers, how will the points work in division 2?

paulmac2k9
Guys can you put me on the waiting list for now.

I'm still deciding car but after my Swift races ill get to testing the other cars besides my WSGTC 3 Sub 03.

Paul needs adding to the sheet also đź‘Ť

Thanks for the reminder Dave. With Paul and I that makes 22, 12 in room A 10 in room B. Good first weekend. Any others that may decide to pop in will start at the back of room B.

12 hours before the race = 8.00 UTC today

Gah, the deadline time was off, sorry, there's still 30 minutes left till 8.00 UTC.

Countdowns updated.

Not enough practise, and a bad second lap during quali, but i am committed to do all races and will try to improve, have been running the car stock now, and still need to find a good set up and tranny.

You'll get up there with practice Frank, I know it đź‘Ť

But guys, important info for the race coming up before I sleep.

I want to remind you all of this very important part of the regulations:

Racing format:
One weekend, one race only with the occasional enduro. Spec tires only, racing hards. Races will be an hour long, around 150km for a standard race. Rolling starts. 14 drivers per room on race day. If each division has more than 14 drivers qualify the cutoff will become 12 drivers, the rest, no matter how little, will race in a room B.

Race briefing coming soon.

Here's our final qualifying results:
5y8x3.jpg

btw, did Hamilton qualify?

Last edited:
Hey, i just see michouw on the board. Well, i know that it's an invitational series only. He didn't sign up but i invited him personnally. I know him since a long time now, he's a really good guy, he is interested in many things. He likes the PURE series and our organization. He's 10 years less than me but i like to speak with him cause he's very mature (more than you Ed :D ).
Well. He's interested to join us in GATE and of course I said yes. But he's only able to race 1 saturday on 2 and today is the wrong saturday for him, he can't race. He did a Q run "just for fun" ;) Means that Jon is in D1 and i'm the D2 pole.
I'll host the D2 by the way ;)

Every one make sure to read over the updated rulebook here:
http://puregate.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the update, was totally fine for him to join, any one can invite people for sure đź‘Ť

but I still have to ask, anyone know what happened to Hamilton?

Here's the updated results:

GoJdO.jpg

Last edited:
Hey. Sorry about last night. Haven't been feeling well for the past week or so because of anxiety attacks. I'm really sorry. I wanted to qualify real bad but I couldn't concentrate for more than like 10 seconds. Can I qualify with the 2%? If not, it's ok. Sorry for the inconvenience.:indiff:

Awesome. I'm downloading the update now then I'll be ready.

Sounds good Hamilton, just got concerned for you since it sounded like you went on for a quali. but nothing came of it, so I'm glad you're ok and refreshed after last night.

Thanks for your concern, Wardez. Means a lot. đź‘Ť

And I'm ready. Should I make a room?

D2 must start exactly on time or I cannot guarantee that I'll be able to finish. Absolutely no delays, guys please.

Busy day for me.

MĂśLE_9242;7135611
D2 must start exactly on time or I cannot guarantee that I'll be able to finish. Absolutely no delays, guys please.

Busy day for me.

No prob for that, i'm hosting ;)

EKTuU.png

Division 1 Room #
1472 6399 8365 2931 5902
Division 2 Room #
1472 4710 9995 5395 8338

Qualifying order
http://bit.ly/gatequalifyingr1

IelRO.png

Pre-race briefing | Laguna Seca | Round 1
W0XJZ.png

Event information - Saturday, May 26th
Connect time: 19.00 UTC
Click here to view time in your timezone
Green Flag time: 20.00 UTC

Division 1 host: Wardez (Paginas1) Division 2 host: Litchi (will-i-am)
Race distance: 150 km - 42 + 1 laps

Vehicle inspections begin at 19.45 for grid preparation, please do not chat during this time.
Field will then line up in qualifying order after a track reset in order to set the grid for the race.
Race beings and the formation lap roll will commence.
W0XJZ.png

mir86.png

A staggered double-file line is used for our rolling start for the first lap after which the race will begin at the start finish line.
oQpyV.png
( First time pole sitters will be contacted for confirmation of the following regulations)
  • Pole sitter will begin on the left side of the track.
  • Even number position qualifiers will be on the right side lane of the formation. Odd number qualifiers will be in the pole sitters lane on the left side.
  • Once the GT5 race countdown has completed and the race event has begun all drivers must hold position and wait for confirmation from the host to proceed. Use your handbrakes, sit silently, report any suspicious latency between cars or lag jolting/skipping. After the host has given the go ahead all drivers will begin to slowly form up in qualifying order. The leader must act as gatherer, they must not pre-maturely advance from the group, it is their job to keep the pace slow enough until all cars are in position then proceed to formation speed.
  • Even pace at 100 kmh / 62 mph,
  • The pole leader must wait for the grid to line up behind them completely on the start straight before starting the race by applying full throttle at the start/finish line.
  • No weaving is allowed during formation lap.
  • You must not overlap the car ahead of you.
  • Do not pass any car until you're past the point the pole sitter started the race at.
  • Jump starters will be given warnings or penalties depending on severity.
  • If a driver is damaged on formation then the damaged driver must communicate this through text chat and continue at a reasonable speed to the pit area. The other cars will continue on as normal and the damaged car(s) can join the group as they come around for their first lap. At this point the formation lap will continue on for a second lap after which the race will begin. If it happens once more, the same contingency will be applied and a third formation lap will go on. After this, no more "formation restarts" will be acceptable and the affected drivers must either retire or start far behind the group. Drivers experiencing extreme lag will be asked to leave so the other drivers can race.
  • If, for any reason, a driver misses the formation start and stays behind still on the track the race will not go on, it must be restarted to eliminate the obstacle.

nMH0h.png

W0XJZ.png

Last edited:
Sorry guys I wont be able to make it as I'm still relaxing in the sun. It takes about 2 hours to drive home so I need to leave in about 15 mins which isn't going to happen.

Shame I'm going to miss the race but the weather is just too good to miss lol.

Have fun guys make it a good race.

Sorry guys I wont be able to make it as I'm still relaxing in the sun. It takes about 2 hours to drive home so I need to leave in about 15 mins which isn't going to happen.

Lol, I know what you mean, the weather here in Europe ,for the first time this year, is quite enjoyable :) Have been outside all day in the sun đź‘Ť On the other hand, I will make the race...

I just went thru the schedule to see which tracks have the tire temp bug.The bug lives when the track is changed from the original track of a online room.The effect is the tires do not warm up properly and the car has less grip with the same amount of tire wear.The way to tell if the bug lives is the color of the tires exiting the pits.The rear tires should turn lighter blue and all 4 tires should warmup quickly.With the bug the rear tires dont change from dark blue exiting the pit stall with wheel spin.A normal exit from the pits will show a change in rear tire temp.

The schedule and yes/no to the bug.

Laguna Seca-Yes
Daytona Road-No
Fuji GT-No
Tsukuba-No
Nurb GP-F -Yes (the tires warmup but loose temp quickly)
Cape Ring-No
Monaco-No
Spa-Yes
Suzuka-Yes (same as GP-F)

Laguna and Spa are the worst.Resetting the track here will kill the room.

Paginas1

Does this now mean that litchi will move into division1 or does div 1 run with 11?

I don't believe I'll make the race either. Family is over and I anticipated them leaving earlier but that is not the case. I'll try to make the race but chances are I will not. I'm bummed :-(

IforceV8
Laguna and Spa are the worst.Resetting the track here will kill the room.

Lol, that definitely throws a wrench in the gears.

Nope, division are closed imo, I stay in D2

Anyway, D2 room is already open:

1472 4710 9995 5395 8338

For D1, i know Eddie and i guess he's sleeping atm. If he doesn't show in 10 mn, please anticipate the situation and Simon or Alex will open the room.

EKTuU.png

Division 1 Room #
1472 6399 8365 2931 5902
Division 2 Room #
1472 4710 9995 5395 8338

Qualifying order
http://bit.ly/gatequalifyingr1

IelRO.png

Pre-race briefing | Laguna Seca | Round 1
W0XJZ.png

Event information - Saturday, May 26th
Connect time: 19.00 UTC
Green Flag time: 20.00 UTC

Division 1 host: Wardez (Paginas1) Division 2 host: Litchi (will-i-am)
Race distance: 150 km - 42 + 1 laps

Vehicle inspections begin at 19.45 for grid preparation, please do not chat during this time.
Field will then line up in qualifying order after a track reset in order to set the grid for the race. (Laguna Seca will possibly become glitched if a reset occurs so we will let the game grid us randomly for the race initially so we will all form into our respective qualifying positions manually.)
Race beings and the formation lap roll will commence.
W0XJZ.png

mir86.png

A staggered double-file line is used for our rolling start for the first lap after which the race will begin at the start finish line.
oQpyV.png
( First time pole sitters will be contacted for confirmation of the following regulations)
  • Pole sitter will begin on the left side of the track.
  • Even number position qualifiers will be on the right side lane of the formation. Odd number qualifiers will be in the pole sitters lane on the left side.
  • Once the GT5 race countdown has completed and the race event has begun all drivers must hold position and wait for confirmation from the host to proceed. Use your handbrakes, sit silently, report any suspicious latency between cars or lag jolting/skipping. After the host has given the go ahead all drivers will begin to slowly form up in qualifying order. The leader must act as gatherer, they must not pre-maturely advance from the group, it is their job to keep the pace slow enough until all cars are in position then proceed to formation speed.
  • Even pace at 100 kmh / 62 mph,
  • The pole leader must wait for the grid to line up behind them completely on the start straight before starting the race by applying full throttle at the start/finish line.
  • No weaving is allowed during formation lap.
  • You must not overlap the car ahead of you.
  • Do not pass any car until you're past the point the pole sitter started the race at.
  • Jump starters will be given warnings or penalties depending on severity.
  • If a driver is damaged on formation then the damaged driver must communicate this through text chat and continue at a reasonable speed to the pit area. The other cars will continue on as normal and the damaged car(s) can join the group as they come around for their first lap. At this point the formation lap will continue on for a second lap after which the race will begin. If it happens once more, the same contingency will be applied and a third formation lap will go on. After this, no more "formation restarts" will be acceptable and the affected drivers must either retire or start far behind the group. Drivers experiencing extreme lag will be asked to leave so the other drivers can race.
  • If, for any reason, a driver misses the formation start and stays behind still on the track the race will not go on, it must be restarted to eliminate the obstacle.

nMH0h.png

W0XJZ.png

Latest Posts

Back