Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (c5) 00' / 475pp / 1:15.837 / EDT

Only put in a few laps testing. I'm sure I can lower that PP given a few more laps to get used to the car.

This Vette' has exceptional balance. If you are struggling to find a car to be consistent in, you might want to give this one a spin. If anyone needs one, I can send it anytime.

VCRC Round #2 Results

Hot Lap
1. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Lamborgini Countach LP400 '74 / 476pp / 1:56.533 / CDT
2. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 / 485pp / 1:56.537 / EDT
3. Zorrin / DitQuois / Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67 / 486pp / 1:56.610 / EDT
4. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 / 493pp / 1:56.879 / EDT
5. Jujubean / Jujubean14 / Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 / 505pp / 1:56.591 / EDT
6. bender2011 / miata_1 / Lamborgini Countach LP400 '74 / 506pp / 1:56.764 / EDT
7. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66 / 525pp / 1:56.675 / EDT
8. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Shelby Cobra 427 '66 / 543pp / 1:56.648 / BST

Race 1 (7 laps)
1st. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 / 493pp / 1:56.879 / EDT
2nd. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 / 485pp / 1:56.537 / EDT
3rd. bender2011 / miata_1 / Lamborgini Countach LP400 '74 / 506pp / 1:56.764 / EDT
4th. Zorrin / DitQuois / Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67 / 486pp / 1:56.610 / EDT
5th. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Lamborgini Countach LP400 '74 / 476pp / 1:56.533 / CDT
6th. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Shelby Cobra 427 '66 / 543pp / 1:56.648 / BST
7th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66 / 525pp / 1:56.675 / EDT
8th. Jujubean / Jujubean14 / Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 / 505pp / 1:56.591 / EDT

Race 2 (7 laps)
1st. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Lamborgini Countach LP400 '74 / 476pp / 1:56.533 / CDT
2nd. bender2011 / miata_1 / Lamborgini Countach LP400 '74 / 506pp / 1:56.764 / EDT
3rd. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Shelby Cobra 427 '66 / 543pp / 1:56.648 / BST
4th. Zorrin / DitQuois / Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67 / 486pp / 1:56.610 / EDT
5th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66 / 525pp / 1:56.675 / EDT
6th. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 / 485pp / 1:56.537 / EDT
7th. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 / 493pp / 1:56.879 / EDT
8th. Jujubean / Jujubean14 / Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 / 505pp / 1:56.591 / EDT

Race 3 (7 laps)
1st. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 / 493pp / 1:56.879 / EDT
2nd. Zorrin / DitQuois / Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67 / 486pp / 1:56.610 / EDT
3rd. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 / 485pp / 1:56.537 / EDT
4th. bender2011 / miata_1 / Lamborgini Countach LP400 '74 / 506pp / 1:56.764 / EDT
5th. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Lamborgini Countach LP400 '74 / 476pp / 1:56.533 / CDT
6th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66 / 525pp / 1:56.675 / EDT
7th. Jujubean / Jujubean14 / Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 / 505pp / 1:56.591 / EDT
8th. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Shelby Cobra 427 '66 / 543pp / 1:56.648 / BST

Another great night of racing with this group. 8 Drivers tonight shows we are heading in a great direction. I look forward to Monday night each week.

We had our biggest grid so far tonight and it was once again a great night of racing. It's nice to see this is becoming quite popular, so hopefully we will have even bigger grids in the future.

As for next Monday, I think the jump from a big wide track like Fuji to the narrow ribbon of tarmac that is Eiger will be interesting.

Yes, fun racing again tonight. Looks like the Mr. Consistency Award goes to Bender/Miata with a 2nd, 3rd and 4th which is a big accomplishment given the eveness of the field. Same with Track's double win, also a pretty amazing feat!!!

I'm very happy with my first no ABS results although I did find it difficult to hear the tires when anyone got close to me. Sure I put up a few smoke screens in that first corner...lol. :sly:

I think I was pretty consistent too ;)

I just need to practice car/track combinations more, especially online. I know what I will be doing this week.

I was consistent too; I gained exactly 3 positions between the start and the finish in each of the 3 races (8th to 5th, 4th to 1st, 8th to 5th).

I really enjoyed the races tonight. I apologize for the bumps I gave out in the first and last races.

As for Eiger, I might look to go with something that's a little faster on the straights. With the Lambo, I was left for dead on all the straights, even DQ was faster. Being faster in the corners means nothing when you are stuck behind someone's rear bumper for most of the lap. I was only able to overtake by outbraking Cote's Jag or when others made mistakes. It's more fun to control your own race.

Edit: First entry.
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi spec C '04 / 448pp / 1:15.733 / CDT

Last edited:
Eiger will be a good test for this group for the reasons already stated (especially the lack of a large straight away). Passing will certainly be more difficult, require sound race craft, and much more patience.

Yes, fun racing again tonight. Looks like the Mr. Consistency Award goes to Bender/Miata with a 2nd, 3rd and 4th which is a big accomplishment given the eveness of the field. Same with Track's double win, also a pretty amazing feat!!!

I'm very happy with my first no ABS results although I did find it difficult to hear the tires when anyone got close to me. Sure I put up a few smoke screens in that first corner...lol. :sly:

That first corner killed me every time. The one time I got it spot on, I got collected by someone! The lack of ABS made it harder, and halfway through the last race I switched ABS off as suddenly ABS on seemed so benign and boring!

I'm already starting to rue my RUF RGT decision for Eiger. After our little quick race around there last night, it's a little bit tail happy climbing the hill... Numerous occasions saw the back just swing by and nose stuck in a barrier admiring the beautiful Swiss Alps.

Thank you every one for a great evening of (clean) racing. One thing we might start to take for granted ( but should not) is how clean to racing has been. specialy when most racers yesterday were finishing within second of each other with many passes. To me yesterday's races really felt like the real thing and I could have driven back home from the track at the end of the day with the car I had used in the evening. Kudos for every one.

Last edited:
That first corner killed me every time. The one time I got it spot on, I got collected by someone! The lack of ABS made it harder, and halfway through the last race I switched ABS off as suddenly ABS on seemed so benign and boring!

I'm already starting to rue my RUF RGT decision for Eiger. After our little quick race around there last night, it's a little bit tail happy climbing the hill... Numerous occasions saw the back just swing by and nose stuck in a barrier admiring the beautiful Swiss Alps.

Other than on pretty soft tires, Eiger has always been more suited to a 4wd car for me. I was spinning even in the sticky and mostly predictable Vette'. Think I'll look for something a little more predictable on the throttle:sly:

I think I was pretty consistent too ;)

I just need to practice car/track combinations more, especially online. I know what I will be doing this week.

It was fun to race with you last night.
When choosing a car, since beeing able to decide on what you want to drive is a big adavantage this formula offer, try to get a car that is easy for you to race with as opposed to the one who gives you the lowest PP. lowest PP will eventually come with practice as being able to race close to the fastest drivers is a good learning tool

I was thinking of seeing what sort of PP the tank car can do Eiger in. Nobody could pass that thing it's a rolling road block!

521324_373376869386177_516640677_n.jpg

Wide tracks are fun.:drool:

480052_373377089386155_1352712577_n.jpg

Nice mix of ABS and non ABS driver.:)

392372_373377529386111_100001416000113_1083693_1113605692_n.jpg

Lomborghinis ganging on a Jaguar.:cool:

Some pictures of yesterdays action, just to give an idea to the non participant on what they have been missing.:sly:

Thank you every one for a great evening of (clean) racing. One thing we might start to take for granted ( but should not) is how clean to racing has been. specialy when most racers yesterday were finishing within second of each other with many passes. To me yesterday's races really felt like the real thing and I could have driven back home from the track at the end of the day with the car I had used in the evening. Kudos for every one.

The respect with the drivers of this group is one of the biggest draws for me (that and the extremely close racing). I felt last night was one of the first events where I saw more bumps than we had in the previous weeks (myself included). Most of this all happened going into turn 1 where there is such a draft and there were so many guys in the same spot. Just another reason to try and practice with each other once in a while too. The huge bonus is that no one took anyone out (that I saw), and concessions were always given to let the driver regain control and/or position. Compared to most leagues/clubs I have been in, this group has the best attitude about racing each other with respect. I will keep coming back!

It was fun to race with you last night.
When choosing a car, since beeing able to decide on what you want to drive is a big adavantage this formula offer, try to get a car that is easy for you to race with as opposed to the one who gives you the lowest PP. lowest PP will eventually come with practice as being able to race close to the fastest drivers is a good learning tool

I think you are right. Getting my lambo around that track under 1:57 was a pretty tall order for me. I think I will choose something that is less of a stretch for me next time around. Again, like everyone said, those were some great races, and everyone was competitive but polite, which is the best you could ask for.

I think you are right. Getting my lambo around that track under 1:57 was a pretty tall order for me. I think I will choose something that is less of a stretch for me next time around. Again, like everyone said, those were some great races, and everyone was competitive but polite, which is the best you could ask for.

In your favour Juju, the combination of 480-500PP and Vintage cars on SH tires was a challenge for everyone. All the cars were at their limits of grip for much of the track and it was tough for all of us to keep the cars on the tarmac. It was a far tougher challenge than the previous Nurb' GP/D.

For Eiger, try to find yourself a 4wd car as it's a slippery beast with RWD. Any of the Rally Cars will do, some street cars with enough PP etc. The Lancer's in particular are known for slight understeer and stablility in slower corners so they might make a good choice but I'm not sure they come with enough HP to get the job done.

Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune (R34) 00' / 470pp / 1:15.687 / EDT

Yes, fun racing again tonight. Looks like the Mr. Consistency Award goes to Bender/Miata

Thanks! I know I'm not the fastest driver so I really try hard to hit the marks lap after lap.

The Eiger laps after the race were interesting. 1.5 to 2 seconds slower than practice mode.
I tried a totally different car, same result.
I didn't see this difference at Fuji.

I'm changing my MCRC Eiger Entry to:

bender2011/miata_1/Peugeot Rally Car '99/467pp/1:15.612

What a happy little car!

Looks like I missed a great night, but I'll be in for Monday.

I have been chipping away at my PP. Got the Premo Impreza 05 down to around 457PP, I'll post my actual entry when I get home and I have the actual lap time.

Thanks! I know I'm not the fastest driver so I really try hard to hit the marks lap after lap.

The Eiger laps after the race were interesting. 1.5 to 2 seconds slower than practice mode.
I tried a totally different car, same result.
I didn't see this difference at Fuji.

I'm changing my MCRC Eiger Entry to:

bender2011/miata_1/Peugeot Rally Car '99/467pp/1:15.612

What a happy little car!

You're welcome. It might be tires really need warming up at Eiger as I find the first lap really slow there and it takes 3 or 4 laps to get up to speed. I don't hit my best laps till at least 5 or 6 laps in when the tires get some heat in them.

I just bought one of the Premium Subaru's last night and gave it a couple of laps at Eiger. It's a beauty on that track. Could end up being my car of choice too.

I did a faster lap at the same pp. 1:15.611,in the RGT without ABS. At that power level it's a dream, I was pleasantly shocked, especially how balanced (relatively) it was with a 3/1 brake balance.

The BTR sans ABS on the other hand around Eiger. Not so fun. Expect to see that in the wall, a lot.

The BTR is loads of fun to drive, it has the potential to be so fast, but it rarely is.

With that car, if you do ever make it to your destination alive, you will also have a huge smile on your face.

@JP, yeah the '05 Scooby-Do is amazing on that track.

I found the biggest problem was being able to predict the oversteer. Seems like you go from no throttle to oversteer in no time at all at low speed and peak torque/power. That mid-range power band sees me smoke the rears far more than is necessary - but at the same time, as you say Menown, so rewarding when you put together a clean, and fast, lap.

Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Gran Turismo 350Z RS/ 455pp / 1:15.534 / EDT

Latest Posts

Back