Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR 04/ 445pp / 1:15.731 / EDT

And the winner for longest name is....:)

Well, the winner actually is my car, the catchly named

MCRC - Eiger
Menown / Freakyweakywoo / Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05 457PP / 1:15.581

I think will just keep chipping away PP from this bad boy, very consistent performance on my laps too.

Last edited:
I'm unable to make the early race, but I am interested in numbers for the late race.

So who is in?

I should be good for this Monday. It is the next Monday (the VCRC version) that concerns me. That is our wedding anniversary, so we will see how the rest of that weekend and celebrating goes ;).

Would like to make a car change if possible for Monday. Tonight was the first time I was in a while and tried my M3 online for more than 2 laps. Not super happy with the consistency of the car. Too many surprises that don't seem to make sense to me. If possible I would like to submit the following.

TrackBound7/TrackBound7/Lancer Evolution X GSR PP 07/444PP/1.15.567/EDT

VCRC Eiger Entry
bender2011 / miata_1 / Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Rally car '85 / 458pp / 1:15.582 / EDT

The Skyline GT-R (R32) '89 seemed like a shoe in for the low pp leader board but I gave up with a 1:16.001. I'm certain someone using a wheel and manual transmission could do it at 453pp or less.

Okay put some good laps down today, got my shift points sorted my final entry for Monday is

Menown/Freakyweakywoo/Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA 05/444PP/1:15.529/EDT

Actually quite proud of that, a bit worried Eiger is a little cramped for a bunched up pack though.

I'm working on a time right now. I'll have it up before 20:00 EDT

TomBrady/ HugoStiglitz_420/ Clio Renault sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00/ 439pp/ 1:15.931/ EDT

Great, there is a lot of very low pp for the leaderboard, I hope we will break the record of attendance for the race at Eiger tomorrow.

Yea this is more fun than I expected. I'm going to become a regular i hope.

Last edited:
The format we have been using has mixed it up a lot and provided numerous winners, rarely repeat winners in the same night, and a ton of racing opportunities.

Eiger will be interesting - given the varying pp levels and the fact that the track lends itself to a procession given the lack of space for clean overtaking moves.

I may not make the first race, but will be there even if it's a touch late.

Welcome aboard Hugo.👍

I can make the late race tomorrow as well. Looking forward to it. Eiger is a hard track to pass on so I don't expect any last to first heroics there, but there should be some good hard racing and I'd be happy just making up a couple of spots in 11 laps.

So there's 2 races, but it doesn't look like anyone's signed up for the 2pm race. I will join if anyone else is up for it. It will be good pracitce for the night race.

Also, is there qualifying? I think it would actually be cool to order the grid by where we placed in the hot lap contest. Mainly because I would be on pole on a track where passes are notoriously difficult:sly:

I think we do a slowest-first grid from the pre-race practice. I think that's best for what we can do, though something entirely random would be my ultimate preference.

I don't know if I will be able to race tomorrow. My brake pedal has started to stick constantly again, I don't know if I'll be able to fix it by the evening race tomorrow.

TomBrady
So there's 2 races, but it doesn't look like anyone's signed up for the 2pm race. I will join if anyone else is up for it. It will be good pracitce for the night race.

Also, is there qualifying? I think it would actually be cool to order the grid by where we placed in the hot lap contest. Mainly because I would be on pole on a track where passes are notoriously difficult:sly:

There is no formal qualifying, but I still set the first race for slowest first. Usually most of us will get a couple of laps practice before the first race. Races 2 and 3 are reverse grid.

Hugo, this group is pretty informal about qualifying and what not. We all have the same mindset that we are here to have some good clean racing and finishing order is not everything. I haven't noticed anyone sand bagging the time trial or the pre-race practice. With 3 races and reverse grid start there are plenty of opportunities to start up front at some point and have a shot at a possible win.

This series is great for practice and improvement of your race craft, as we have a strong emphasis on clean racing.

In the few weeks it has been running I have noticed a massive improvement in my own ability to defend and overtake. Plus it plays a heavy emphasis on consistency.

Hugo, this group is pretty informal about qualifying and what not. We all have the same mindset that we are here to have some good clean racing and finishing order is not everything. I haven't noticed anyone sand bagging the time trial or the pre-race practice. With 3 races and reverse grid start there are plenty of opportunities to start up front at some point and have a shot at a possible win.

Agreed, this type of racing requires a whole different mindset. Even Spec racing where everyone would be in the same car but with different talent levels, is still a far cry from this type of event. Once you fall a few seconds behind in this Parity League it's pretty much impossible to catch up because the leader can run the same lap times as you. You cannot use a superior tune or a superior driving to catch him. So you make it through the first few corners and sort out your position, then you try to pass as many people as you can that are within a couple of seconds of you, barring any large mistakes by leading cars which does happen but not often.

It's more about being smooth and consistent, not making mistakes, and planning a pass so that you can make it stick at the end, regardless of how what position you end up in.

Here is a slightly late entry.

MCRC Round #3
mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Lotus Elise 111R '04 / 430pp / 1:15.711 / BST

I thought I posted this earlier, but I guess I forgot to hit the reply button. Anyways, I hope its ok its late...

Jujubean/Jujubean14/RUF3400s '00/ 469 PP/1:15.513/EDT

didn't know we could do that. Would've kept at it.

I would prefer people to have entries in by Sunday, but so long as its just an occasional late entry I'm fine with it. I just don't want it to become a regular thing.

Back