6/6/12 - A-spec: 500PP FR Challenge

BanditKarter22
I got 1.6 million credits, I won by 2.4 seconds. I am going to try it now with ballast added but more power and the same pp total.

Nice, I'm just back in GT5, played a lot of Battlefield 3. I really love GT5 and it's good to play it again. I want to buy the Jaguar XJ13, but I need 7 million more 'till I can. So seasonal events are a great way to do it!

Hazajj
I managed to get down to 380pp on Mt Asso in the 86gt with 200kg ballast and a de-tune with an Rx7 in pole position

I finally won Mt. Aso with the 86 GT '12 @440PP against the BMW M3 '04 (+02.469). Total time was 8:48.653. CR 895,000 EXP:95500 PDA:537,000. Manual transmission with G27 Racing wheel.

Last edited:
As far as I know, there are no differences. I'll try it with the same setup, see if it works out for me as well. How much additional money did you get from it?

I checked and there are a couple of parts that are already installed on the Chromeline.

I just ran CR again with the 300SL against the Coupe Concept and tuned it down to 380PP. Won by 2.5 seconds.

Win 1,208,800 - PDA 906,600

There is some room to go lower since I passed the Coupe halfway through lap 7.

Tune here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7199476#post7199476

Last edited:
Nice, I'm just back in GT5, played a lot of Battlefield 3. I really love GT5 and it's good to play it again. I want to buy the Jaguar XJ13, but I need 7 million more 'till I can. So seasonal events are a great way to do it!

I just won with 354pp (I used 200kgs of ballast and limited to 142bhp) by 1.7 seconds

EDIT: at Mt Aso

Last edited:
s2k2k3
I checked and there are a couple of parts that are already installed on the Chromeline.

I just ran CR again with the 300SL against the Coupe Concept and tuned it down to 380PP. Won by 2.5 seconds.

I see, that's a great addition to a bank account. I'll tune my 300 SL a bit to 400 PP, and then I'm gonna try it myself.

P.S. In GT5, I only tune cars in the settings menu, I like to keep the car as original as possible, and with the tuning in the settings menu, you can swap the parts!

s2k2k3

Do you believe I'd have a chance with a Camaro SS '69 at Mt. Aso? I got up to 4th with (4 speed)

krenkme
Depending on if yours or Parianos car is fully broken in some numbers will not match. Guessing he has a fully broken in car (over 200miles and oil change). Once yours is, the numbers should match 👍:cheers:

On the front Page of his thread, he has a link for transmission tuning. Go by the graphics over the numbers and tweak from there.

Do you believe I'd have a chance with a Camaro SS '69 at Mt. Aso? I got up to 4th with (4 speed)

Some people are winning at Mt Aso in carS under 350PP so probably you could win in just about anything. Check over in the tuner forum for a tune.

Last edited:
s2k2k3
Some people are winning at Mt Aso in care under 350PP so probably you could win in just about anything. Check over in the tuner forum for a tune.

Sorry for the vague question. I was hoping you would know if this specific car would generally have a chance. Sounds like it would so I'll build a tune. I am hoping to submit a muscle car tune to the FITT thread and maybe help someone in the process.

Someone tried the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750105 #130 '65 yet?

I've had a go but could only get 2nd. Could never catch the Shelby. Fun though. I love that car. You never know when you're going to end up upside down.

I've also tied a 69 Camaro (bit of a mistake), and 69 Corvette, in which I could win if I didn't make any mistakes, some Japanese thing which would win easily but was so boring I can't even remember what it was, and the Carbon R in which I can win easily and have fun.

Hi Racer's.
I won the Seasonal Events
Cap ring and High Speeding
Car used - honda mugen S2000 '00

Autumn Ring and MT ASO Tarmac
Car used - mazda roadster TC
This car I had to keep the transmission higher in the higher rpm range and I adjust the final for the track.

Tokyo R246
Car used - Toyota 86 GT '12
I used praiano63 tune for this 1, but made few adjustments.
Transmission set up
Top speed 165, B top speed 155, Final gear 4.315
1st 3.442, 2nd 2.405, 3rd 1.831, 4th 1.443, 5th 1.158, 6th 0.932

Ballast amount 120, Ballast position -30

Suspension camber 2.5/2.5 Toe angle -0.08/0.18
-15/-8
8.5/9.5
8/8
6/6
2/2

Last edited:
I finally did the seasonal evet today.

I decided to go with and oldtimer... The Corvette Grand Sport of the newest OCD... I had my doubts with this event... I thought I was going to be rather boring, but it turned out to be very fun :)

Won 4 of the 5 races with the Vette... the only one he couldn't claim was the Autumn Ring one... I used a TVR V8S for that one... ;)

Someone tried the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750105 #130 '65 yet?

Finally got around to running it. The PP system is broken for this car and the Cappuccino RM and the Fireblade. Something about super light cars that the PP system can't deal with. It gives them too much PP.

Knowing this I didn't try for a low PP run. I took it at 497PP against the Shelby at CR. I passed the Series 1 in turn 2 of lap 7.

It's a great drive but it's at least 3 seconds a lap slower than other cars at 500PP.

I've also tried a 69 Camaro (bit of a mistake), and 69 Corvette, in which I could win if I didn't make any mistakes, some Japanese thing which would win easily but was so boring I can't even remember what it was, and the Carbon R in which I can win easily and have fun.

Did you use the Camaro SS '69 or the Camaro '69? I tried with the Camaro SS '69 and I got 4th(standard transmission and suspension, standard clutch, no LSD, etc). I'm going to try with a 5 speed transmission and fully custom suspension. 'love the sound of this engine!

Did you use the Camaro SS '69 or the Camaro '69? I tried with the Camaro SS '69 and I got 4th(standard transmission and suspension, standard clutch, no LSD, etc). I'm going to try with a 5 speed transmission and fully custom suspension. 'love the sound of this engine!

It was the Z28 I think. The one with the two stripes. 5 speed and custom suspension. I couldn't get better than 4th. I had it tuned to the max, short of racing mods, and used the power limiter to get back down to 500pp. There may be a better set-up for this car though. Oddly I seem to be quicker in this car with the standard suspension.

Finally got around to running it. The PP system is broken for this car and the Cappuccino RM and the Fireblade. Something about super light cars that the PP system can't deal with. It gives them too much PP.

Knowing this I didn't try for a low PP run. I took it at 497PP against the Shelby at CR. I passed the Series 1 in turn 2 of lap 7.

It's a great drive but it's at least 3 seconds a lap slower than other cars at 500PP.

Yes I've noticed that. The PP is way too high on this and the Fireblade. Maybe on a slow windy track it's realistic but the top speed is too low to keep up with other 500pp cars. Still, if you've managed to win in it I'm obviously not trying hard enough. It's my favourite car in GT so it'll be no hardship to have another go.

I love the Mont Aso track, the best after nurb for me, but too short; the same for 10 minutes and even more elevations would be so great; the first two corners after the straight line are so nice
I missed this track since the french seasonals, it seems to be exactly the same, happy it's back, 1000 times better than these boring kart tracks

Hi Racer's.
I won the Seasonal Events
Cap ring and High Speeding
Car used - honda mugen S2000 '00

Autumn Ring and MT ASO Tarmac
Car used - mazda roadster TC
This car I had to keep the transmission higher in the higher rpm range and I adjust the final for the track.

Tokyo R246
Car used - Toyota 86 GT '12
I used praiano63 tune for this 1, but made few adjustments.
Transmission set up
Top speed 165, B top speed 155, Final gear 4.315
1st 3.442, 2nd 2.405, 3rd 1.831, 4th 1.443, 5th 1.158, 6th 0.932

Ballast amount 120, Ballast position -30

Suspension camber 2.5/2.5 Toe angle -0.08/0.18
-15/-8
8.5/9.5
8/8
6/6
2/2

I don't know wtf is up. The best I got on Tokyo was 6th place 10:43.23.

I don't know wtf is up. The best I got on Tokyo was 6th place 10:43.23.

Do you need a tune for a specific car? I've defeated the Shelby Series One Supercharged '01 with a SUPRA SZ-R '97 @499PP on High Speed Ring. FYI, I've golded the entire challenge so I'll be glad to help you find a car or tune for Tokyo. I believe I won with the SUPRA @ Tokyo, but let me make sure and I'll get back to you. I know its a high PP but the intent was to defeat the Shelby Series One @ any Performance level I could.

I suggest using tbe Shelby to beat the Shelby. Totally stock it wins easy.

I did a quick run at 246 with the stock Shelby and won by 6 seconds.

Last edited:
Bimmer vs Bimmer

I took the 2002 Turbo against the M3. Old vs New. Age and Treachery meets Youth and Enthusiasm!

I tried the 2002 stock with oil change. 390PP. Is it enough?

Not gonna happen. So I maxxed the drivetrain. No cigar. Close ratio tranny. Now we're getting somewhere. But still lap times are 1:02.xxx. I need 1:01.xxx

I added 200kg ballast at 0 and bought some basic power upgrades to bring me to 400PP. "This far!" says I, "No farther! I'm beating you at 400!"

This car is very sensitive to rapid control inputs. If nothing else I got some much-needed fine-tuning of my gentleness skills. 2 runs in a row I make a little too much steering input trying to pass in the chicane and wind up in the spin cycle.

I finally make a full run but come up a second short. So close I can taste it!

Again! says I. And this time I was victorious! A sweet 2 second margin over the pompous gold M3!

CHALLENGE: Beat one of the races in the Tank Car. Its 530 PP stock at 28 KM, so with some power limiting down to around 650 HP, it would be 493 PP

Done.

I beat the M3 at CR. Everything stock. Just turned the power down to 500PP.

I left black marks everywhere. Even on the straights. :D

Last edited:
2st 2 i won with the m3gtr, then i needed to take a LFA for the 3rth one, still i missed something, then i toke my 350z gran turismo and won evrything really fast. That 350z is one of my fav cars to drive, handles easy and goes quick arround corners

Did Aso in my 450pp 300SL and what a task that was in that thing.

laps
1 1:17.577
2 1:14.089
3 1:13.520
4 1:14.262
5 1:14.115
6 1:13.682
7 1:13.032
Total seemed to be near 8:44 didnt quite catch it. I felt i could of found a 12.8

Also attempting to do HSR in a Toyota 2000gt 450pp I had ... a small accident :scared:

HighSpeedRing_7.jpg

couldnt win either after 4 attempts could only get within 3 car lenths of the Shelby

Last edited:
Toyota Supra SZ-R '97
379hp, 1200kg, 498PP
Oil change, Engine Overhaul, Restore Rigidity.

toyota_supra_sz_97.jpg

This tune is for the June A-spec FR 500PP seasonal on High Speed Ring. This car can beat the Shelby Series One Supercharged '03 with this 498PP tune.

Installed Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
ECU Tuning
Engine Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customized Transmission
1st:3.231
2nd:2.246
3rd:1.706
4th:1.335
5th:1.091
6th:0.818
Final:3.769
Top Speed: 180
Top Speed Read out: 191
Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi-Racing
Limited Slip Differential

Seasonal Tune:
Ride height: F (-)15 R(-) 20
Spring rate: F 17.2 R 9.5
Dampers ext: 9/6
Dampers Compression: 8/8
Camber: 2.0/ 1.8
Toe angle: (-)0.04/+0.08
Anti-Roll bars: 1/2

Brake Balance: 8/4

Ballast: 0
Ballast position: 0

LSD: 10/25/10

Power Level 100%

Sports Medium Tires

308 ft/lb torque
Power to weight ratio 3.13kg/HP

Weight Balance 60/40

NOTE: The LSD tune settings are courtesy of Motor City Hami. Any other similarities to other tunes already present on this site may be credited to the respective posters(I don't know of any off-hand and have searched for similar tunes). I hope this tune helps those who do not own a Shelby Series One Supercharged '03 win against it. I realize its possible to simply back out of the race but, what the heck? You might as well be able to beat the Shelby, right?

Last edited:
Omg, I feel like the biggest douche right now. I've been really strugling with these events, best I got for cape ring was 3rd
Then it hit me .... I thought the tyre limit was Comfort mediums not sports :D

Its really one of those stupid things/moments we all have from time to time that we should really keep quiet about, but I thought you all might like a laugh at my expsense.

Last edited:
Back