9m02s - SpecC
9m13s - typeR
9m16s - R32V2

9m03s - SpecC
9m15s - typeR
9m19s - R32V2

---------

SpecC, TypeR and 22B are all Subaru Impreza -
R32 is a Skyline - MNP2 - is the purple skyline... The AI doesn't swap places much but the Evo6 (Tommi Makinen car - goes backwards most off the time.

Just fooled about on this one so far. Usually I Limbo race dropping PP with junk in thee truck and Powerestrictor plates... but The mushed up engine isn't worth it... so I went the Tyre route... took an Audi R8 4.2 (First car I liked in my garage - not used it in an age - What a naff car horn!)

And ran it on harder tyres after each race.

100miles on the clock - 429bhp/1560kg - 521pp SH tyres
1m14.2 - 8m56.9
1m13.5 - 8m48.6
dropped ot CS tyres
1m14.7 - 8m53.2
CM tyres
1m16.0 - 9m02.3

CH tyres
1m18.4 - 9m15.5

Only got 3rd place in this race - some 12 seconds off the leader (SpecC Impreza)

The Toscana track is way too wide... or so I thought on SH and CS tyres, but on CH tyres I was using every inch of the track to try and keep the speed going.

Word of warning the track edge nips in near the pit lane entrance... it is a force field type thing - where you can get away with a wheel on the dirt... this force field thing will crunch your car with a nasty heavy impact.
The track edge funnels - I guess ot protect the pit lane entry on the right side of the track but it is mirrors on the left... which is very clsoe to the optimal line out of the final corner.

On the upside my R8 4.2 now has an extra 3hp now.

Appreciate the work man!👍

Got first at laguna seca using suburu dunlop premium @512pp, then used suburu impreza wrx sti 08 @507pp only got second, and then i used a mines mitsi lancer evo 00 on the other tracks, got first comfortably on all of them! i recommend that car..its 496pp..

..thats all i could fit in today..will have another go tomorrow :)

My Delta, It can def go lower but this is the tune I'm using, I'm sure it can be improved upon. This tune is set up to cut corners, without corner cutting you will not win with this tune. Every other car is faster than you and blocking is crucial on all of the straights. I cut the first and second corners, the corner entering the Mulsanne, both Chicane's and the set of corner's at the finish line.

Delta HF Integrale Evoluizione '91
406pp@Sarthe = 1,405,082

The tune
Body/Chassis
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Aero Kit=5
Ballast=200 Position: 50 (all the way to the back)
Engine
Stage 3
ECU Tuning
Intake System
Sports Intake/Racing Air Filter
Exhaust
Sports Manifold
CC: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Turbo Kits
Stage 2
Transmissionset Top SPeed, then final then gears.
Top Speed Setting149
Final Gear 3.068
1st: 3.687
2nd: 2.798
3rd: 2.207
4th: 1.791
5th: 1.498
6th: 1.269
Drivetrain

Buy Best of everthing
LSD:
Front Back
10 / 10
25 / 30
10 / 10
Torque Diff
F:45 B:55
Suspension from top down
Front Back
-5 / -10
5.4 / 4.4
6 / 5
5 / 4
3 / 2
Wheel Alignment from top down
Front Back
2.0 / 1.5
-0.10 / 0.10
Brakes
Front: 6 Back:8
Tires: SH

Last edited:
My Delta, It can def go lower but this is the tune I'm using, I'm sure it can be improved upon.

406pp@Sarthe = 1,405,082

Ballast=200
[

Pardon me, but did you leave the ballast position at 0?

no I didn't leave it alone, It is set all the way to the rear. I will edit that in, thanks for the catch.

Last edited:
Just did it with the celica 4wd rally car from the dealership with 498pp.. An walk with the park with a little over 500k and about 50k experience..

The RS200 @ 430pp wins LaSarthe with .4 seconds to spare, probably more if I was a better driver. This was with a lot of corner and chicane cutting though, your results may vary. Also I'd like to introduce myself, I'm new to posting but have been following the forum ever since GT5 release week. So,, Hi!

Welcome to GTP :) I've never been a fan of the RS200.... until now 👍

Down to 404pp with the Lancia Delta, still winning by 8 seconds against the 22B lineup.
1,428,040 per 9.5 minutes and it's in a fun little car on an awesome track not in a Prius. . .I love this seasonal!

edit: Lancia Delta Integrale 397pp = 1.489 million @ Sarthe Won by 10 seconds but second place was within a second before the last set of corners, which I cut. You must be very good at blocking cars on the straights and pretty much have to be in first by the end of the back straight second lap. If you are not, then the lead car gains too much time on you and you will be stuck with second.

Last edited:
I was able to achieve 1st on cape with all the subaru rally cars tuned down to 430 pp. Note that I raced very dirty and rammed cars into the barrier on straights to keep my position.

this is like the 1st 4wd seasonal event in a year or so! i was looking forward to this! i'll probably use my impreza or evo

The Spec C just did a 8.25.975 at Laguna

Just did it with the celica 4wd rally car from the dealership with 498pp.. An walk with the park with a little over 500k and about 50k experience..

Big THX for this. Im realy bad driver and this car is amazing for 4WD Challenge.
If you want to get ESCUDO Dirt Trial Car '98 realy fast do not hesitate and go to Toyota car dealer and buy Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 for 350 000 cr. Buy best parts in tuning shop, then just tune engine to 530PP. I dont tune other parts because i dont know much about it.

I beat easly Laguna Seca, Grand Valley, Cape Ring and Sarthe Circuit.
For Toscana (Tarmac) i used RUF CTR2 '96 (with best parts and engine tune to 530PP), but im sure that Toyota can do it too.

Last edited:
Hey, i just want to ask..is anyone cutting the last chicanes at le sarthe?

Down to 404pp with the Lancia Delta, still winning by 8 seconds against the 22B lineup.
1,428,040 per 9.5 minutes and it's in a fun little car on an awesome track not in a Prius. . .I love this seasonal!

edit: Lancia Delta Integrale 397pp = 1.489 million @ Sarthe Won by 10 seconds but second place was within a second before the last set of corners, which I cut. You must be very good at blocking cars on the straights and pretty much have to be in first by the end of the back straight second lap. If you are not, then the lead car gains too much time on you and you will be stuck with second.

I'm getting very similar results with the Audi S4. Ran with 399 PP and won by 8 seconds. Tried at 397 PP and lost by 0.2 seconds. Didn't block them quite long enough on that one, so 397 PP or better is definitely achievable. It's actually a lot of fun tryiing to block 3-4 cars at once. LOL

With the Dodge Ram at 468PP, gold at Laguna and Grand Valley, making full use of the pick-up's off-road and bullying abilities, silver at Cape Ring and Toscana and nowhere at the Sarthe. I'd like to do them all with the same car but I can't see how I'll ever win the Sarthe. I was up to ninth at the start of the long straight, back down to twelfth by the end despite weaving about like a drunk redneck in a police chase.

I'm using the Subaru WRX STI PRODRIVE STYLE '01 with level 1 turbo but I can only get second place so far but I haven't tried other the other races yet so I'll edit when I do get results.

So I'm using an Impreza WRX Sti '07 at Grand Valley. It's 470pp, and I'm managing 2:15.xx lap times with it, and can get 2nd easily, but there seems to be a rabbit in this field (Sti C) that is always 10+ seconds out in front.

I know the game seems to give you different competition depending on what car you drive sometimes, but I'm curious what's the lowest PP car you've gotten to win on this track and against what competition

So I'm using an Impreza WRX Sti '07 at Grand Valley. It's 470pp, and I'm managing 2:15.xx lap times with it, and can get 2nd easily, but there seems to be a rabbit in this field (Sti C) that is always 10+ seconds out in front.

I know the game seems to give you different competition depending on what car you drive sometimes, but I'm curious what's the lowest PP car you've gotten to win on this track and against what competition

So I was able to go back and win with basically the same times.. but this time the GT-R v-Spec II was out in front :)

I'm getting very similar results with the Audi S4. Ran with 399 PP and won by 8 seconds. Tried at 397 PP and lost by 0.2 seconds. Didn't block them quite long enough on that one, so 397 PP or better is definitely achievable. It's actually a lot of fun trying to block 3-4 cars at once. LOL

That's pretty much it, I either win by more than 8 seconds or I don't win, I had one race that I won by .2 but that was because the Skyline passed me about 20 seconds before the Ford chicanes.

I have actually been in 3rd and had 4th through 12th place in a pack right behind me in the bit from Mulsanne to the Porsche Curves swinging the Lancia from side to side to block them all, it is a hilarious video.

Hey, i just want to ask..is anyone cutting the last chicanes at le sarthe?

To put it simply, yes. I am cutting the last chicanes, the first chicane, in fact all of the chicanes. I am even cutting some corners that aren't Chicanes! When you car is running 134pp lower than the competition you have to get the edge somewhere.

450pp at Grand Valley with the WRX STi Spec C '04 (just barely!). AI leader was running WRX Type R STi .... I don't think I could have won if AI was the Spec C also

I don't have the 22B Impreza, but I'd love to compare it to the other Impreza's I've been tooling around with.

Anyone want to put it on share for me? (My PSN is jeffj6767) Thanks in advance!

Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluizione '91 396PP@Sarthe = 1,504,567 roughly 9'45 total time. Insane fun trying to block all of the cars knowing that you can only overtake them at chicanes.

Last edited:
Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluizione '91 396PP@Sarthe = 1,504,567 roughly 9'45 total time. Insane fun trying block all of the cars and plowing through sand traps!

You still have me beat. I ran the S4 at 397 PP and won at Sarthe by 4 seconds. The replay is hilarious. At one point in lap 1, I'm in 3rd place and blocking 6 cars. Caught the 1st car on lap 2 by cutting the first chicane... but accidentally hit him, then smacked the wall very hard. Thought it was over, but I was still in front. Managed to block the Lancer Evo and GT-R almost the rest of the race. Lancer Evo slipped by me, but I caught him at the end by cutting the last set of corners.

They could have added realism to the replay at the end of the race by having all the other virtual racers get out of their cars and punch my guy to a pulp. :lol:

Had another flurry here - Had to complete the five otherwise I would just camp out at Toscana - Not alot of houses here, I counted three. Usually a nice old town nearby.

Anyhow...

Laguna Seca - 5 Laps
8m26 - 1m44 - Spec C (Subaru Impreza)
8m38 - 1m47 - typeR (Subaru Impreza)
8m45 - 1m47 - R32Vspec 2 (Skyline GT-R)
8m51 - 1m48 - R33Vspec (Skyline GT-R)
8m52 - 1m48 - Evo 6 (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Part Six)

Cape Ring - 3 Laps
9m13 - 3m09 SpecC (Impreza)
9m23 - 3m12 - MNP2 (GTR Skyline R34)
9m31 - 3m14 - R33V (GTR Skyline)
9m31 - 3m14 - 22B (Impreza)
9m41 - 3m15 - Evo5 (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V)

Had a close run here and only just caught the Imprezza down the inside with 3 corner left, side by side into the penultimate corner... I was wide, the Subaru was in the pit lane... I clipped th epit lane splitter - crunch - the SPec C tooled along the pit lane. I gathered up what was left of my car and scampered along the pit straight to get the win by 0.03 - (I think I was in a 500pp GTO on Naffo tyres)

Cape ring, the AI seem to have picked up their pace here, but still not that fast.

Grand Valley Speedway - 5 lap
11m09 - 2m17 - SpecC (Impreza)
11m25 - 2m19 - typeR (Impreza)
11m28 - 2m19 - R32V2 (Skyline)
11m34 - 2m20 - R33V (Skyline)
11m36 - 2m20 - Evo6 (Lancer)

Toscana 104A - 7 Laps
9m02 - 1m20 - SpecC (Impreza)
9m09 - 1m21 - MNP2(Skyline)
9m16 - 1m21 - R33V (Skyline)
9m19 - 1m22 - 22B(Impreza)
9m26 - 1m23 - Evo5 (Lancer)

Race pace and rough lap pace of the AI. If you get to banging doorhandles you can expect the AI to be well off this pace.

Would be nice to see sojme other cars up on the grid. The Mazda SUV sounds pretty nice. I've driven a few cars here now.
The Starion sounded quite good out of the box... a sort of gurgle on the engine note that I hope is me restricting the car to 500pp (Should have turned the Aero down but I didn't realise it had it.)

104A Toscana
Fleshing out a trakc guide to this lap.

Turn 1R "Crowthorne" (Reminds me of the Kyalami first turn - The Original Kyalami)
Turn 2/3/4 - "Little tree" - Really nice combonation, I Try to apex and clip on the little tree's shadow to set up a smooth exit over SPLit 1 and down the hill

Nameless right Kink - I tend to ignore the apex here staying out left for a better line for the "88"

Turn 6 Right "88" - a medium corner that isn't quite 90°. Exit takes you to

**Split 2**

Turn 7 Right "Twin Poplar" - Couple of tall Poplar trees on the inside

Turn 8 Left "Big Tree" - Large wide tree looms over the track here. I tend to apex after the tree and then drift out to the right and get the "Ding" as I reach the right hand side of the trakc for

**Split 3**

A simple left kink

Turn 10 "Orchard" Right Uphill slight camber - Funny cluster of trees and bushes behind this corner in the distance... The corner itself is not quite flat in a 500pp car, In anything less I guess it is forgettable

Turn 11 "Pulleveld" Right dowbill no real camber of note
Named after the last corner at the Original Zandvoort - that sort oof crested then spiraled away onto the pit straight... but if you put the beans too early you ended up wide and in real danger of catching a sandy spin.

Now if you exit too fash you are in danger of hitting an alien force field

You still have me beat. I ran the S4 at 397 PP and won at Sarthe by 4 seconds. The replay is hilarious. At one point in lap 1, I'm in 3rd place and blocking 6 cars. Caught the 1st car on lap 2 by cutting the first chicane... but accidentally hit him, then smacked the wall very hard. Thought it was over, but I was still in front. Managed to block the Lancer Evo and GT-R almost the rest of the race. Lancer Evo slipped by me, but I caught him at the end by cutting the last set of corners.

They could have added realism to the replay at the end of the race by having all the other virtual racers get out of their cars and punch my guy to a pulp. :lol:

What are your horsepower and torque numbers at 397pp in the S4?

450pp at Grand Valley with the WRX STi Spec C '04 (just barely!). AI leader was running WRX Type R STi .... I don't think I could have won if AI was the Spec C also

I don't have the 22B Impreza, but I'd love to compare it to the other Impreza's I've been tooling around with.

Anyone want to put it on share for me? (My PSN is jeffj6767) Thanks in advance!

I did some testing with the 04 Spec C (my favorite AWD car, wish I had one irl) on Grand Valley against the 05 Spec C. I have a tune I made for the Nurburg 4 hour race that I drives like a dream.

I started out at 500PP and smoked the 05 by 30 seconds. I took the lead on just past the start line on lap 3.

Then 480PP. I won by 20 seconds.

Next 460PP. This one was closer but still won by 8 seconds.

I didn't have time to go down again but I will later. I don't think I can go too much lower because the straight line speed is suffering with the engine choked.

Last edited:
I had a couple of more runs with the 04 Spec C.

I beat the 05 Spec C at GV by 0.3 seconds at 445PP. That's the lower limit for me in this car.

Somebody asked for my tune so:

Impreza STi Spec C '04

Full weight plus 200kg ballast. 1570kg ballast set to 50 50 weight balance.

All non-PP upgrades. No engine upgrades. Power limit down to 445PP.

HT -6 -6
SR 6.6 4.7
DE 6 5
DC 6 5
AR 4 3

CMB 1.2 0.4
Toe 0.10 0.02

Torque split 40 60

Tranny final gear adjusted to 150mph

Diff stock settings

No aids except ABS 1

This car turns well on-throttle so get back on the gas early and it will pull through the corner.

EDIT: Did it with the same thing with the Caldina. Just barely beat the 05 Spec C at 445PP. It's not quite as easy to drive as the 04 Spec C.

Last edited:
Won first across the board in my 2010 STI at about 499 PP, I can post the setup next time I'm on the PS3 if anyone is interested.

Can probably be done at much lower PP with a better driver! 👍

Next I'm I get on I'll try with the 22B;)

Back