TURTLE RACING LEAGUE - ENDURO Racing Series - PRACTICE TONIGHT!

Okay -- did not realize what the deal was as far as room occupancy & and the friends list showing activity . Please ad me again. Requesting "A" league only & Black/Red #17. Hope to get some track time w/o the worry of getting run over or spun because I'm too slow. Thanks. Sorry for the bother . PSn ID "livetiludye"

Okay -- did not realize what the deal was as far as room occupancy & and the friends list showing activity . Please ad me again. Requesting "A" league only & Black/Red #17. Hope to get some track time w/o the worry of getting run over or spun because I'm too slow. Thanks. Sorry for the bother . PSn ID "livetiludye"

Glad to have you back livetiludye we will put you down for Black car / Red wheels #17. I look foward to racing with you.

Thanks for catching that question martin.👍

Good morning Turtle Racers I will be in Turtle Town practicing tonight starting around 8pm est. If anyone would like to join me. Get roadster tc change the oil and come have some fun. Hope you guys had a good 4th, and still have all your fingers and toes.lol

7491499488_d12f48eb8b_o.jpg

Drex81 here. Would it be possible to change from white/blue wheels to Blue with yellow wheels. I've checked the list. Its not a biggie just needs more color in the garage..

Last edited:
Drex81 here. Would it be possible to change from white/blue wheels to Blue with yellow wheels. I've checked the list. Its not a biggie just needs more color in the garage..

Yes, that color combination is available and I will get it changed for you. Thanks! :)

I'm unfamiliar with how qualifying works with GT5. Is it time-trial based, or is is a short race, where the finishing position determines the positions for the race.

EDIT: Also, with the no tuning rule, does that mean that we cannot tweak the suspension/downforce etc. Or does this only mean that we can't purchase after market parts?

Last edited:
I'm unfamiliar with how qualifying works with GT5. Is it time-trial based, or is is a short race, where the finishing position determines the positions for the race.

EDIT: Also, with the no tuning rule, does that mean that we cannot tweak the suspension/downforce etc. Or does this only mean that we can't purchase after market parts?

Qualifying will be 15 minutes of free run, then fastest first and on down the line.

No tuning or add on parts allowed, buy one from the dealer change the oil, break in for 200 miles, change oil again, and you're good to race.

Will you be using any driving aids?

What about cutting over the concrete after the bridge on deep forrest?

Edit: the rumble strip is the track edge at all times! Thanks

Last edited:
7473352274_3f88fa4b4c_o.jpg

Turtle Racing League – Enduro Racing Series​

Race 2: Deep Forrest Raceway/Reversed
Date: July 7, 2012
Time: 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific
Car: Mazda Roadster TC
Laps: 33
Tires: Sport Softs
Prize: 1966 or 1967 Birthday Ticket

The “Golden Rule” of Motorsports​
“It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free.”

Rules

You are expected to follow The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports and adhere to the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and exercise Good Racecraft at all times, especially in turn 1.

Policies

It is the policy of this league (except Division X) for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. Furthermore, it is inappropriate to take advantage of other drivers doing their part to keep turn 1 incident free.

Procedures

Racing begins at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific and all drivers will be racing together in the TURTLE_Division2 lobby (including Division A) until we have enough drivers to start using the divisional lounges. The final results of each division will be separate.

Warning!

The edge of this track is the rumble strip. Two wheels must be kept inside the edge of the track at all times. There are areas on this track that the game corner cutting penalty system does not recognize. However, if a complaint is filed the independent steward will recognize intentional corner cutting during our investigation when we watch the race replays. Appropriate action will be taken based on the degree of intentional corner cutting, which may include a loss of position(s) or a time penalty which may also cause a loss of position(s). Legitimate complaints are encouraged.

Quitting

Drivers are expected to finish the races they start no matter what position they are in. No Rage Quitting!

Notices

We have started the process of grouping drivers in the core divisions.

Reminders

Be sure to break in your car. If you did not get a chance to break it in, you should at least change the oil.

Race Incidents

Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the concerned driver. If there is no resolution, then the complaint should be directed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward.

Final Note

Race Clean and Have Fun!

I'm using an H-shifter. If everyone else is using automatic/paddle shifters, then I might as well do the same, so it helps me keep up with everyone else.

I'm using an H-shifter. If everyone else is using automatic/paddle shifters, then I might as well do the same, so it helps me keep up with everyone else.

I'm not sure about martin or psycho but I think everyone is either using paddle shift or auto. You can use whatever you're comfortable with.
Everything go good for you lastnight, and did you have fun?

^Ya it was pretty fun. I made a few mistakes here and there, but I'll make sure to practice more for next race. I was just getting home from travelling (10 minutes before the race ahhh!), which was why my vehicle was not broken in :P

That first race was a great battle between Drex and myself. 18 laps nose to tail switching positions a few times. I caught a break pitting a few laps before him and was able to build a 6 second lead by the time he had finished pitting. Wasn't so lucky catching a tire the second race and spinning, putting me back 16 seconds. I think if I hadn't spun it would have been a 3 way battle between Drex/Ghost/myself the entire race. Great driving.

Yes that was a great battle the replay was very fun to watch.
Hope to have results up by this evevning, sorry for the delay.

7378158908_f219026f59_o.jpg

Race 2: Deep Forrest Raceway/Reversed
Car: Mazda Roadster TC
Laps: 33
Date: July 7, 2012

Race 1 - Division 1

1st Place: martin_ky (Fast Lap - 1:21.978)
2nd Place: DREX81 (Fast Lap - 1:21.984)
3rd Place: Ghost_White (Fast Lap - 1:22.600)
4th Place: mbobb1969 (Fast Lap - 1:22.724)

Race 1 - Division 2

1st Place: FFK13 (Fast Lap - 1:25.837)

Race 1 - Division A

1st Place: yardclip1 (Fast Lap - 1:26.572)

Race 2 - Division 1

1st Place: Drex81 (Fast Lap - 1:21.677)
2nd Place: Ghost_White (Fast Lap - 1:22.073)
3rd Place: martin_ky (Fast Lap - 1:22.007)
4th Place: mbobb1969 (Fast Lap - 1:22.252)

Race 2 - Division 2

1st Place: FFK13 (Fast Lap - 1:24.945)

Race 2 - Division A

1st Place: yardclip1 (Fast Lap - 1:26.378)

Final Results

Division 1

1st Place: Drex81 (93 points)
2nd Place: martin_ky (92 Points and Pole)
3rd Place: Ghost_White (90 Points)
4th Place: mbobb1969 (78 Points)

Division 2

1st Place: FFK13 (98 Points)

Division A

1st Place: yardclip1 (98 Points)

Race Recap

We had another great night of racing! The races went off perfectly this time around. Unfortunately, there were several drivers who could not attend the races this week for various reasons. However, most of them will return next week. Please give special thanks to martin_ky for his help in organizing the races this week. Congratulations again guys!

Was a great night of racing! Easy to see why the miata is so loved! Ghost and Martin were fast! We couldn't run down ghost for the first 12 laps of race 2. Tough spin out of turn 1 Martin, I spun there countless times practicing! That turn makes or breaks the lap tho so you gotta hit it hard. Great stuff tho!

On to the RX7.... Eek..

Had alot of fun in that little car. Another excellent choice of car and track! Here's a few pics:
The start
TC8.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

The battle
TC3.jpg

TC2.jpg

TC6.jpg

TC4.jpg

TC5.jpg

Who's ready for a cold one!
TC7.jpg

Back