PURE | GATE - Suzuka

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,170 comments
As for starting early I've got a 120 lap race at Daytona at 12:00. Company stopping between 2-3. So I'll try to make it early.

Also any rooms up? Wanna knock out a lap.

Room Up:

1472-6399-8537-0922-3920

Owens Racing

Lap 1-" 2:25.251"clean
Lap 2 - 2:26.0xx clean

Watched by plc2563

Last edited:
Can race early, but I'd like to know it's happening before I go to bed (11am GMT give or take, or about 3 hours after quali closes)... 20 min makes it 5:40 am, so I'll have to set alarms earlier (I've squeaked in just before checks previously).

Would it be both rooms, assuming there will be two?

Qualifying deadline in 12 minutes. Is anybody still going to qualify or be added to the qualifying list?
As it stands we have 17 drivers. Is anyone unable or unwilling to start 20 minutes earlier than normal?
If anyone can't start early, it shouldn't be a problem as litchi is on the cut-off for divisions 1 and 2. He could race in either race. If everyone in d2 (litchi downwards on the q list) can start early, we will have green flag at 19:40 UTC.
Division 1 could run as normal.

twistedfirework
Qualifying deadline in 12 minutes. Is anybody still going to qualify or be added to the qualifying list?
As it stands we have 17 drivers. Is anyone unable or unwilling to start 20 minutes earlier than normal?
If anyone can't start early, it shouldn't be a problem as litchi is on the cut-off for divisions 1 and 2. He could race in either race. If everyone in d2 (litchi downwards on the q list) can start early, we will have green flag at 19:40 UTC.
Division 1 could run as normal.

I'm ok with starting early.

EKTuU.png

W0XJZ.png

Room #
1472 6118 3701 4258 2361

Qualifying order

Pre-race briefing | Supa Furanko | Round 9

W0XJZ.png

Event information - Saturday, August 18th
Connect time: 19.00 UTC
Green Flag time: 19.40 UTC

Host: Litchi (CSLACR)
Race distance: 150 km - 21 + 1 laps

Vehicle inspections begin at 19.30 for grid preparation, please do not chat during this time.
Field will then line up in qualifying order after a track reset in order to set the grid for the race.
Race beings and the formation lap roll will commence.

W0XJZ.png

Circuit_Spa_2007.png

A staggered double-file line is used for our rolling start for the first lap after which the race will begin at the start/ finish line.
oQpyV.png
( First time pole sitters will be contacted for confirmation of the following regulations)
  • Pole sitter will begin on the left side of the track.
  • Even number position qualifiers will be on the right side lane of the formation. Odd number qualifiers will be in the pole sitters lane on the left side.
  • Once the GT5 race countdown has completed and the race event has begun all drivers must hold position and wait for confirmation from the host to proceed. Use your handbrakes, sit silently, report any suspicious latency between cars or lag jolting/skipping. After the host has given the go ahead all drivers will begin to slowly form up in qualifying order. The leader must act as gatherer, they must not pre-maturely advance from the group, it is their job to keep the pace slow enough until all cars are in position then proceed to formation speed.
  • Even pace at 100 kmh / 62 mph,
  • The pole leader must wait for the grid to line up behind them completely on the start straight before starting the race by applying full throttle at the start/finish line.
  • No weaving is allowed during formation lap.
  • You must not overlap the car ahead of you.
  • Do not pass any car until you're past the point the pole sitter started the race at.
  • Jump starters will be given warnings or penalties depending on severity.
  • If a driver is damaged on formation then the damaged driver must communicate this through text chat and continue at a reasonable speed to the pit area. The other cars will continue on as normal and the damaged car(s) can join the group as they come around for their first lap. At this point the formation lap will continue on for a second lap after which the race will begin. If it happens once more, the same contingency will be applied and a third formation lap will go on. After this, no more "formation restarts" will be acceptable and the affected drivers must either retire or start far behind the group. Drivers experiencing extreme lag will be asked to leave so the other drivers can race.
  • If, for any reason, a driver misses the formation start and stays behind still on the track the race will not go on, it must be restarted to eliminate the obstacle.

nMH0h.png

W0XJZ.png

Last edited:
Litchi
Do you guys think we can imagine one no show tonight?
(I'd love to run a full 16 grid...)

To be fair, everyone that has qualified is usually reliable. We could make a late decision though.

EDITED - sorry for confusion.

Someone just came up with VIP tickets for tonight's top game in the football league. I though I'd have to withdraw but I should just be able to make it home and get online soon enough before 20utc.

Last edited:
cicua
I have to withdraw from tonight's race. Someone just came up with VIP tickets for tonight's top game in the football league. Tough choice, and I am really split on this one. But at least you guys can run one full room :)

:(
You will be missed Simon.
Enjoy the game. Me and josh are at the city ground now, 30 minutes til kick off. We are watching the mighty Nottingham Forest.

I think we can expect a no-show, yeah.
I don't like to leave people out but I also think 1 room of 16 is greater than 2 rooms of 8-9.

That means we're NOT starting 20 minutes earlier, then? Since we'd wait for Simon to show up.

Oh man I see the confusion. But the 20min earlier was only for D2 right? So if I make it, D2 can still start early, and D1 as usual on 20gmt. But if I don't, or if someone else is a no-show, a single room should start 20mins before.

That means I will have to be ready 19.40 in any case. But even that may be possible. Else you should just start without me. I will post from my cell when I know more.

Ohh I never knew it was just for D2! My bad.

And don't get me wrong, I don't mind starting either at the usual time or 20 minutes before. Just wanted to know :) I want you to be there! 👍

Spa is a tire temp bug track so the room has to be opened as Spa and not changed.

Are we starting before or after LaSource hairpin? I seem to remember in the Rseat race we started after at the other starting grid.

Just come back from the beach. Well, what's up guys?

Since i was the only guy who wanted to start 20mn earlier, i only set the green flag at 19.40 in D2 Room (the room where I am). Green Flag is set at 20.00 in D1 Room but it'll be totally up to you guys if you want to start earlier.

I also seen that we can anticipate a 1 no show. Means we have to choose NOW if we make 1 room or not. We'll have the Green Flag at 19.40 if there's only 1 room (indeed, I'll be in..)

Spa is a tire temp bug track so the room has to be opened as Spa and not changed.
Of course, we never reset the track in GATE cause we use the formation lap to line up. No need to reset the track for that. ;)

Are we starting before or after LaSource hairpin? I seem to remember in the Rseat race we started after at the other starting grid.
Yea, Start line is under the TOTAL sign, just before Eau Rouge 👍

Back