PURE | SPEC || Triplets ||| SuperSic is the Spec racing champion

• Thread starter Dr_Watson
  • 469 comments

What is your preferred start time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh ok :) Got it, I'll go register again. Thanks.

Edit: And I'm registered :) Look forward to this, all these first few cars are cheap so I should be able to afford them (just getting started on gt lol)
Welcome 👍
Since you are new to GT, I'm not trying to be rude, but have you read this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241
These are the rules we race with and basically following them you will never have a problem 👍

Are you new to GT5? or Racing simulation games in general or Just new to "Online" league racing?

Welcome 👍
Since you are new to GT, I'm not trying to be rude, but have you read this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241
These are the rules we race with and basically following them you will never have a problem 👍

Are you new to GT5? or Racing simulation games in general or Just new to "Online" league racing?

Thanks! Its no problem, I've done iracing whenever I could afford it but thats about it, so those rules are pretty similar.

Thanks! Its no problem, I've done iracing whenever I could afford it but thats about it, so those rules are pretty similar.

alright... I'm going to be having a pre-race "shakedown" probably around Thursday evening (maybe 7p-ish EDT) for a quick practice run of this weekends triplets. You might want to check it out to see your pace, there's a few of the best GT racers around in this series so it's nice to get familiar in practice.

alright... I'm going to be having a pre-race "shakedown" probably around Thursday evening (maybe 7p-ish EDT) for a quick practice run of this weekends triplets. You might want to check it out to see your pace, there's a few of the best GT racers around in this series so it's nice to get familiar in practice.

Absolutely! I'll be there for sure :)

*Looks at entry list*
Yep, I'm going to need some practice just to finish last... The battle for last place should be close.

Tim, I would think we are all using "stock rims". Changing the rims give you upgraded grip (very little but still...)
I think you may want to add "stock rims only" just in-case.

And no "chrome paint" it gives a car 100 more HP ;)

Tim, I would think we are all using "stock rims". Changing the rims give you upgraded grip (very little but still...)
I think you may want to add "stock rims only" just in-case.

What??

Never heard of that before. :confused:

yeah, i've always heard that the wheels were a non-quantifiable thing. I'm not going to police people's wheels.

Very little but they do help. I have seen a couple people mention it. And the the drag racing forum has tested it. I know it effects offline for sure I don't have any solid proof that it is the same online. The only online proof I have is "word of mouth".

Very little but they do help. I have seen a couple people mention it. And the the drag racing forum has tested it. I know it effects offline for sure I don't have any solid proof that it is the same online. The only online proof I have is "word of mouth".

I'm just going to play fast and loose on wheel policing. If you want to change the wheels go ahead, cosmetic IMO. Online physics are so far from perfect anyway. We're probably all getting a minutely difference experience anyway.

btw, thanks for the triangles. 👍

Well, either way, I can't possibly imagine that it would have an impact.. Not even equivalent to 1 pp. Perhaps 0,5 pp, but if so, it's nothing really. ;)

Well, see you later..
*Changes wheels on all my cars*

Well, either way, I can't possibly imagine that it would have an impact.. Not even equivalent to 1 pp. Perhaps 0,5 pp, but if so, it's nothing really. ;)

Well, see you later..
*Changes wheels on all my cars*

Yes, it is very small, about .005 off a cars time for the 1/4 mile offline. I will be doing some testing online for "fun".

They change the gearing of the car. Most of the time for what I've seen when I've done a few cars up recently, it makes the gearing longer but only by a bit. I think I saw a 2mph increase in the max speed of the final gearing (the final gearing figure doesn't actually change) but that is split up into very small increase as you go down the gears all the way down to 1st, especially as most of us like to change gears at different points anyway. :dopey:

I tried to re-create the changes above and couldn't... I must have been dreaming. :dunce: :lol:

Last edited:
They change the gearing of the car. Most of the time for what I've seen when I've done a few cars up recently, it makes the gearing longer but only by a bit. I think I saw a 2mph increase in the max speed of the final gearing (the final gearing figure doesn't actually change) but that is split up into very small increase as you go down the gears all the way down to 1st, especially as most of us like to change gears at different points anyway. :dopey:

I tried to re-create the changes above and couldn't... I must have been dreaming. :dunce: :lol:

I have found that it only changes the gearing on certain cars, so the couple that you tested must fall into the "doesn't change it" group. So you weren't dreaming. 👍

I have found that it only changes the gearing on certain cars, so the couple that you tested must fall into the "doesn't change it" group. So you weren't dreaming. 👍

Probably anything where the new wheels would be significantly larger... though IMO this is all a "video or it didn't happen" discussion. ;)

Is this still on for tonight? I should be around if so.

Some cars get a hair faster with new wheels, some slower, some stay the same, I've been told by a reliable source.
Not a big enough difference to ever have bothered me to even test tbh.

shakedown.png

Welcome to pre-weekend "shakedown".
This will be a quick 90 minute practice free-run so everyone can get their pace and familiarize themselves with the triplet on September 8th. "Roadster³"

Room Number :: Closed

• 8:00 PM EDT | Autumn Ring Mini || mx5 ||| 30 minutes
  • 8:30 PM EDT | Autumn Ring Mini Rev. || s2000 ||| 30 minutes
  • 9:00 PM EDT | Autumn Ring || california ||| 30 Minutes

shakedown1.jpg

Results
--------------------------------------------
Autumn Ring Mini | Mazda MX5
1. GTP_timeattack | 44.869
2. carracerptp | 45.336
3. TnJF | 45.609
4. OwensRacing | 45.642
5. GTP_Litchi | 46.580

Autumn Ring Mini Rev. | Honda S2000
1. elmatalumanti | 43.492
2. carracerptp | 43.855
3. TnJF | 43.894
4. Owens Racing | 44.112
5. GTP_Litchi | 44.287

Autumn Ring Full | Ferrari California
1. TnJF | 1:25.538
2. OwensRacing | 1:26.304

-----

heh... looks like I'm a bit rusty still.

Last edited:
thanks for coming out... I'm going to try and do this every wednesday or thursday as long as my schedule permits.

Latest Posts

Back