PURE | SPEC || Triplets ||| SuperSic is the Spec racing champion

• Thread starter Dr_Watson
  • 469 comments

What is your preferred start time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tim, since it's a spec series, why not just regulate the cars as fully broken in with oil?
As it stands, I have to buy every single car, even though I have almost all of them, but with miles.. :(

Tim, since it's a spec series, why not just regulate the cars as fully broken in with oil?
As it stands, I have to buy every single car, even though I have almost all of them, but with miles.. :(
+1 đź‘Ť

+2:tup:đź‘Ť
It is easy to break in cars anyway. Turn PS3 on, put car in Bspec enduro, leave and come back later and the car is broken in.

I tend to disagree. I think it's a good decision. That's 3 cars every week you have to break in, meaning 900 km, which translates to something like 4 hours that the PS3 will be "out of commission" just for breaking in cars, even if it's done in b-spec. Some of us have jobs and limited time at home & awake, and they'd rather race in that time than break in cars, right?

And if it's because of the credits, I mean, what are we talking here...1 million credits maximum for all 3 cars (the Lambos). You'll probably get that money back with just racing the 3 races online. (the above with the exception of the XJ-13)

And you can buy them just for the race and afterwards sell them...you're not allowed to do anything with them anyway except paint them.

Because anyone with a big car collection (like me) also has a massive wad of credits (I have been recently collecting the 20million cars just to keep my bank account below the cap).

And it's 18 cars... I don't want to break them all in, so I'm not sure why anyone else would. It's so much easier to just buy it, paint it, change the oil, and be on our way.
I suppose the bottom line in what drove me to that decision (i did consider everything in this series heavily) is that I'd rather trust people to not power-limit than build a road-block to entry by mandating the inconvenience of engine break in.

Tim, I'm simply saying that I have all cars, but I have also all broken in.
But you do as you wish obviously, it was just a suggestion, which seem to have a point..
But ok. New cars it is. đź‘Ť

Tim, I'm simply saying that I have all cars, but I have also all broken in.
But you do as you wish obviously, it was just a suggestion, which seem to have a point..
But ok. New cars it is. đź‘Ť

Understand... unfortunately I have to inconvenience someone; and that happens to be those who have cars that are un-modified but broken in. I figure that's the smallest minority which you happen to be a part of. :(

I bought all new cars too, so you're not alone. ;)

Understand... unfortunately I have to inconvenience someone; and that happens to be those who have cars that are un-modified but broken in. I figure that's the smallest minority which you happen to be a part of. :(

I bought all new cars too, so you're not alone. ;)

I appreciate having it set up this way, otherwise Im sure I would be running a few ponies short as I really never break my cars in before races like these. Especially when we are changing every week. đź‘Ť

Curious how test racing during the week will effect us? Run in practice races adds milage. Sell and buy new car(s) before race?

Seeing about an equal amount of hassle by maintaining a zero mile car. Never mind the fact that many have to grind out that 20million credit car. Which prob equates into a longer time period then breaking in the cars while you sleep. ;)

200 mile Enduro Laguna B spec race and go to bed.

Heck we can do a car share where certain people break in certain cars and swap from there.

I'm ok with whatever is decided. Just something that I was wondering about.

I'm pretty sure if you quit game while in a lobby it doesn't record the miles you have done in the lobby. Although would need to test :P

Curious how test racing during the week will effect us? Run in practice races adds milage. Sell and buy new car(s) before race?

Seeing about an equal amount of hassle by maintaining a zero mile car. Never mind the fact that many have to grind out that 20million credit car. Which prob equates into a longer time period then breaking in the cars while you sleep. ;)

200 mile Enduro Laguna B spec race and go to bed.

Heck we can do a car share where certain people break in certain cars and swap from there.

I'm ok with whatever is decided. Just something that I was wondering about.

If you don't leave "free-run" your car won't pile up any miles. But practice racing we can always just use broken in cars and save the virgins for the main event.

Personally I feel cash is easier to come by than the time to break in all 18 cars. We could friend-up and remote race to build up bank-rolls if that would help? I always seem to have > 10 million though just from casually running seasonals... seems to just fall out of the sky lately.

I'm pretty sure if you quit game while in a lobby it doesn't record the miles you have done in the lobby. Although would need to test :P

yep, that also works. đź‘Ť
Run races and then (PS) menu => quit game
won't save the miles accrued since online racing doesn't save-game until you exit back to the connect lobby screen.

Dr_Watson
If you don't leave "free-run" your car won't pile up any miles. But practice racing we can always just use broken in cars and save the virgins for the main event.

Personally I feel cash is easier to come by than the time to break in all 18 cars. We could friend-up and remote race to build up bank-rolls if that would help? I always seem to have > 10 million though just from casually running seasonals... seems to just fall out of the sky lately.

Money not the issue. The you can't have anymore stuff cause you have to much us the issue. I gotta dump these museum cards and some ugly paint. Grrrr limits. I don't like them. LoL

Sure we will get a groove and be easier then it sounds.

Yeah, international date format goes big to little (year, month, day). We're weirdos in the US.

Today is: 28/8-12 đź‘Ť
It was the lack of full numbers that threw me, otherwise I would have been certain.

Example: 2012/09/08 (or 2012.09.08)
If you're not familiar with the format (as I've never heard of it :dopey: ) Every single one could be the day, year, or month in the listing 12.9.8.

As for buying cars, I have about 60+ million smackaroos. I can send some expensive cars to those that don't know how easy it is to make money quickly. :P

Add some of the WRS/3D3 guys that b-spec and do some remote races with a widget, or possibly they'll just b-spec you for free even. That's what took me from occasionally needing money to buying anything I please anytime I please without considering money in the game. :)
I need to grab a widget again and spread the love some more.(used to do it a lot)
Widget here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185890
Fully customizable, race whatever drivers you pick, a great widget.đź‘Ť

Or in Jeff's case get rid of some crap. :lol:
I should dump my cards too. :yuck:

FTW time process, I just downloaded and installed it, and signed online. Someone is b-specing 1-5 drivers of mine currently, and if my PS3 were on, I'd be b-specing remotely now.

Time stamp from last post as reference, exactly 10 minutes, including the time it took to Google it, edit above and link it, and then type this response.

Just to help you guys out, driving a car in a lobby or in your lounge does not add miles to the car, I have a 0 mile Lexus that I have done over 100 miles on it in a lounge.

Signed up and ready for some fun with a lot of fast guys.

Welcome aboard. I also see tony signed up so things are starting to get other-worldly. Now we just need Adam, TA, and lapierre to put the podium on another planet.

:D đź‘Ť

I would totally join, but this totally conflicts with my Nationwide series :(

Have fun guys!

I am feeling this series, I think I will sign up.

As its a Saturday I might not be able to make all the races but I will try to race the majority of them.

Did'nt Brock say he was going to race?

Edit: Yes, he did. đź‘Ť

Yea, I want to sign up Dennis ;) But somehow I managed to forget my password for the PURE registration site. Would you mind sending me a new password or whatever is needed :dunce: Thanks if you can help!

Yea, I want to sign up Dennis ;) But somehow I managed to forget my password for the PURE registration site. Would you mind sending me a new password or whatever is needed :dunce: Thanks if you can help!

I just set you a temporary password and PM'd you the details. Just change it when you log in.

MĂśLE_9242
I would totally join, but this totally conflicts with my Nationwide series :(

Have fun guys!

Oh man. I missed the overlap.

Looks like I will be a temp and only make races after Nationwide.

Any chance pushing the races start back a bit to get some of us Nationwide guys involved?

This looks so fun and fresh. Hate to miss out.

Tim, we're 13 signed up now, and with Brock, we're 14.

If we'll have more than 20 sign-ups, do you plan for a 2nd room?
Imo, if we're going to run a 2nd room, we can run it outside of the point table, no?
So the 2nd room will be "just for fun" so to speak.

Tim, we're 13 signed up now, and with Brock, we're 14.

If we'll have more than 20 sign-ups, do you plan for a 2nd room?
Imo, if we're going to run a 2nd room, we can run it outside of the point table, no?
So the 2nd room will be "just for fun" so to speak.

Yeah, I was only planning on one room. That's another reason I'm asking part-time/full-time. That way if we have 18 people that want to fit into a 16 person room I can ask a part-timer to give way to someone who's fully committed.
As you said though, I'm not against having an exhibition room if a particular week drew enough of a crowd.

Any chance pushing the races start back a bit to get some of us Nationwide guys involved?

This looks so fun and fresh. Hate to miss out.

I'm pretty negotiable on start-time. My personal schedule would rather things start an hour or two earlier but didn't want to alienate Pacific time.

Yeah, I was only planning on one room. That's another reason I'm asking part-time/full-time. That way if we have 18 people that want to fit into a 16 person room I can ask a part-timer to give way to someone who's fully committed.
As you said though, I'm not against having an exhibition room if a particular week drew enough of a crowd.
Sounds good! đź‘Ť

vote in the poll and we'll see what time works the best for everyone

Just did some practice laps with the miata. Low 45's are pretty fast times here. I'm sure we will see some alien set a 44.9 though. :grumpy:

Back