Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
Round #11 Week 1
mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Honda Odyssey '03 / 477pp / 1:12.756 / BST

I too taught myself how to heel toe this week. I used rFactor 2 and the Brabham BT20 to learn.

Are you telling me you are heel/toeing in a min van ;). The hardest part about doing it is maintaining the proper brake pressure as you roll your foot over to the gas. Other than that it isn't bad.

Are you telling me you are heel/toeing in a min van ;). The hardest part about doing it is maintaining the proper brake pressure as you roll your foot over to the gas. Other than that it isn't bad.

From what testing I have done, heel toeing in GT5 does help a little, but it is absolutely crucial in rFactor 2. When driving in rF2 It is a lot harder to just get a smooth line and not lock your brakes, but with GT5 and ABS on, it is much easier. The only thing I have to be careful of is timing the blip so it doesn't stop the shift, resulting in a missed shift.

On a volontary basis it would be great to see a little more details on how the time/PP was set. Like this for example it is my time/PP posting

abs0/brake 4/1 /H shifter&clutch/Cockpit view wide.

Last edited:
Sag, I have been doing some testing and found out that when I am using the clutch on that track ( I have no doubt that this is also true, with time variation, for any track ) I am about a second an second and a half slower than when I am shifting sequential from the paddle. Have you done those pp/time with shifter or paddles and have noticed the same difference for your time?
For the record I am almost 100% racing with Clutch except if the car is supposed to be Paddles, but I usualy choose a car with a shifter.
Unfortunately, I use my old wheel from the pre-clutch era. My only option is sequential.

Round #11 - Week #1

Naptown25rs / NCemtB / Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STI '00 / 465pp / 1:12.590 / EDT

Most participated in age conversation, so let's start another random topic.

Choice of suit/helmet and/or color combo for cars?

I started out my online racing with a variety of the #7 suits and helmets. The color never did much for me, but I liked sticking with the 7 theme. My league cars at that time ran the same color (one of the Honda hybrid blues was very close). Been thinking of going back to it...just because and because not many people run that bright blue.

Been using the various metallic red suits and helmets, with most cars matching. Always been a favorite color. My dad's cousin had several modifieds (open wheel stock cars) back in the 70s that were metallic red and white (my dad painted most of them). So that color has always been a family favorite.

So how about you guys?

TrackBound7

I started out my online racing with a variety of the #7 suits and helmets. The color never did much for me, but I liked sticking with the 7 theme. My league cars at that time ran the same color (one of the Honda hybrid blues was very close). Been thinking of going back to it...just because and because not many people run that bright blue.

Been using the various metallic red suits and helmets, with most cars matching. Always been a favorite color. My dad's cousin had several modifieds (open wheel stock cars) back in the 70s that were metallic red and white (my dad painted most of them). So that color has always been a family favorite.

So how about you guys?

Um... I tend to coordinate my suit/helmet colors with the colors that I paint my car and wheels, don't really stick to a particular design or style of suit/helmet. Turns out this requires way more thought than I put into the clothes that I put on everyday...

Oh, and I'm 29.

On a volontary basis it would be great to see a little more details on how the time/PP was set. Like this for example it is my time/PP posting

abs0/brake 4/1 /H shifter&clutch/Cockpit view wide.

I almost exclusively race with;

ABS 1 / Brake 5/5 / H Shifter&Clutch / Cockpit View

The only times I use sequential, is if the car has a sequential gearbox.

So how about you guys?

I am always the Stig. But as for car colours, whatever looks good on that particular car. Although I will sometimes pick a really nasty colour for fun.

TomBrady / HugoStiglitz_420 / Lamborghini Muira P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67/ 468pp / 1:12.644 / EDT

Update:
Round 11 Week 1
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / TVR T350C '03 / 479pp / 1'12.611 / CDT

Did some practice today and lowered my time in the exact same car. By my calculations, my best sectors ad up to 1'12.2, but going too fast is not really a worry. The car is really sensitive and I'm going sideways one place or another every other lap, doing plenty of 13s and 14s in the process. It's going to be a hell of a challenge. Also, everyone, please be aware for early braking into T1.

Looks like the entries are piling up. Looks really good for tomorrow. 👍

Nice to see the starting grid building up. Be a first for NC and quite some time for TomBrady. T1 is definitely going to be a hairy spot. Being behind someone I would think the braking point would be somewhere near the crest of that little hill (at least the start of the braking...scrubbing some speed off). I would definitely rather brake early and avoid contact or a divebomb going into the turn. Trying to get a little too much out of that corner to make a pass will certainly end up with someone in that sand. If a gentleman, that would be a bit of a wait for the other driver to get back on track. To be honest, I have found my sector speed to be better the more I back up that turn anyhow. The track only has 1 or 2 somewhat safe passing spots, with the exception of the straight.

Personally, I found that I have to brake far earlier for T1 in the TVR than in the Scion I'm using on week 2. For one, I carry a lot more speed on the straight, I regularly reach almost 10 mph faster in the TVR than the Scion. But perhaps equally importantly, I can brake later in the Scion because I can personally get closer to the limit under braking with the Scion. If I lock a wheel in the Scion it's no big deal, I can still manage it and scrub off the speed. By contrast, the TVR is very harsh and locking up usually means going into the sand, so I need to maintain a margin on the brakes.
I usually paint my cars green in other racing series, but with the weekly parity series, I'm rarely inclined to paint over a factory colour. But if there's a sharp looking factory green available (like with the Mini or Avantime), I'd usually lean towards it.

I've been using the same green/white helmet/suit combo for a while now. It's sort of become my signature suit.

About what time do folks typically start to gather in the lounge on race nights?

About what time do folks typically start to gather in the lounge on race nights?

Some people are there over 30 mins early, others are there on the hour. So long as you are there on time you won't miss any of the fun.

I will probably be in the lounge around an hour early tonight. I will be doing testing for future rounds.

I usually get there around 7:45e, hoping to be there a bit earlier tonight. Would like to work a little more on my consistency with the heel/toe on the Shelby. The beginning of the night is much more informal than that of ORCA. We all just pretty much hang out on the track or in the lounge until it is race time, no dedicated time just for qualifying. There may be a great emphasis on qualifying as the group grows...plus I think we are starting to do fastest first.

TrackBound7
I usually get there around 7:45e, hoping to be there a bit earlier tonight. Would like to work a little more on my consistency with the heel/toe on the Shelby. The beginning of the night is much more informal than that of ORCA. We all just pretty much hang out on the track or in the lounge until it is race time, no dedicated time just for qualifying. There may be a great emphasis on qualifying as the group grows...plus I think we are starting to do fastest first.

There is no need for qualifying at that time as the qualifying is really happening when we practice for establishing the lowest PP we can to reach the pace. By the night of the race we should all be lapping with very similar times.

Haven't been online much lately but should make it tonight. I skimmed through the thread and might have missed something but the following stuff came up:

Suit/Helmet Colour: No clue, not sure I even picked one for this profile. I am dramatically colour blind so even if I saw it I probably couldn't tell you what it was...lol

Car Colours: Usually Purple with Gold rims. Only use that because I never see anyone else using it.

Car Setup: Was going without ABS for a while but I rarely play GT5 anymore and if I'm not driving much it's hard to be consistent without ABS so I've gone back to ABS.

Hope that covers it..

Johnnypenso
Haven't been online much lately but should make it tonight. I skimmed through the thread and might have missed something but the following stuff came up:

Suit/Helmet Colour: No clue, not sure I even picked one for this profile. I am dramatically colour blind so even if I saw it I probably couldn't tell you what it was...lol

Car Colours: Usually Purple with Gold rims. Only use that because I never see anyone else using it.

Car Setup: Was going without ABS for a while but I rarely play GT5 anymore and if I'm not driving much it's hard to be consistent without ABS so I've gone back to ABS.

Hope that covers it..

Are you playing an other sim more often?

Some really great racing tonight. Really bummed that we had some lag problems, mostly with JP who I have NEVER seen have a problem lagging before. Race 1 was one of the more fun races I have been in (right up there with the Autumn races). Sag and I were nose to tail for the first 11 laps with a couple close calls, but overall good hard racing. Cote and Miata started coming up on us near the end. After all that hard racing, I slipped to 4th and Sag to 2nd. Congrats to Cote. Race 2 was pretty good, seemed a little more spread out than most. Race 3 I couldn't tell you ;). Was looking forward to working with Sag to get through the field when all of a sudden a stupid wall jumped out and spun Sag's car into mine. Scared the bajesus out of me, it happened so fast. It was all good though, and really looking forward to next week.

Great racing tonight, good to see new members in the attendance. I will post pictures of the first race and very close finish.
Congratulation to Sag for the most spectacular accident ever in the Parity Events.
Looking forward to racing with every one again on the same track next Monday at 8 PM.

Are you playing an other sim more often?

Some NHL13 offline but mostly busy with work and life. Anyone has that game we can give it a spin online. 💡

Some really great racing tonight. Really bummed that we had some lag problems, mostly with JP who I have NEVER seen have a problem lagging before.

I have never had anyone complain about lag on my end before and I just recently upped my internet speed by nearly 50%. The last month or so I have been having some issues with my PS3 however. Had it freeze up on me a few times, go to black one time and that's offline not online so I know that part of it at least has nothing to do with connections or servers. I've also noticed just moving around in menus is slower most of the time. I did the newest TT after I left the room and it took quite a bit longer to load up and to update my times after I quit and went back to tune a bit. I'm wondering if some internal issues with my PS3 is the cause of it. I"ll try again next week and try to get in with the ORCA guys sometime this week and see what happens. I've got an old fatty PS3here with a lot of miles on it and maybe it needs to be put out to pasture...lol.

Edit: Update is now available

Last edited:
264201_424608387596358_1016032915_n.jpg

It is going to be a long battle.

223118_424608664262997_1100256143_n.jpg

Race one, first to four.

408906_424608880929642_2053118791_n.jpg

Very clean, Sag and Track in a very tight battle with 2 spectators enjoying the show from first row.

550605_424609017596295_572207037_n.jpg

Lap after lap of exchanging position, not paint

60267_424609214262942_213140956_n.jpg

Last lap any one can still win.

485852_424609420929588_743178463_n.jpg

A very close finish between Sag and I and after Sag had leaded almost the all race

Round #11 Week 1 Results

Hot Lap
1. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Isuzu 4200R Concept '89 / 451pp / 1:12.526 / EDT
2. Naptown25rs / NCemtB / Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STI '00 / 465pp / 1:12.590 / EDT
3. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 / 467pp / 1:12.795 / EDT
4. TomBrady / HugoStiglitz_420 / Lamborghini Muira P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 / 468pp / 1:12.644 / EDT
5. bender2011 / miata_1 / Nissan 350Z (Z33, EU) '03 / 470pp / 1:12.575 / EDT
6. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Honda Odyssey '03 / 477pp / 1:12.756 / BST
7. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / TVR T350C '03 / 479pp / 1:12.611 / CDT
8. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II touring car '92 / 520pp / 1:12.645 / EDT

Race 1 (13 laps)
1st. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II touring car '92 / 520pp / 1:12.645 / EDT
2nd. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / TVR T350C '03 / 479pp / 1:12.611 / CDT
3rd. bender2011 / miata_1 / Nissan 350Z (Z33, EU) '03 / 470pp / 1:12.575 / EDT
4th. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 / 467pp / 1:12.795 / EDT
5th. Naptown25rs / NCemtB / Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STI '00 / 465pp / 1:12.590 / EDT
6th. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Honda Odyssey '03 / 477pp / 1:12.756 / BST
7th. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Isuzu 4200R Concept '89 / 451pp / 1:12.526 / EDT

Race 2 (13 laps)
1st. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 / 467pp / 1:12.795 / EDT
2nd. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / TVR T350C '03 / 479pp / 1:12.611 / CDT
3rd. Naptown25rs / NCemtB / Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STI '00 / 465pp / 1:12.590 / EDT
4th. bender2011 / miata_1 / Nissan 350Z (Z33, EU) '03 / 470pp / 1:12.575 / EDT
5th. TomBrady / HugoStiglitz_420 / Lamborghini Muira P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 / 468pp / 1:12.644 / EDT
6th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II touring car '92 / 520pp / 1:12.645 / EDT
7th. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Honda Odyssey '03 / 477pp / 1:12.756 / BST
DNF. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Isuzu 4200R Concept '89 / 451pp / 1:12.526 / EDT

Race 3 (13 laps)
1st. TomBrady / HugoStiglitz_420 / Lamborghini Muira P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 / 468pp / 1:12.644 / EDT
2nd. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II touring car '92 / 520pp / 1:12.645 / EDT
3rd. Naptown25rs / NCemtB / Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STI '00 / 465pp / 1:12.590 / EDT
4th. bender2011 / miata_1 / Nissan 350Z (Z33, EU) '03 / 470pp / 1:12.575 / EDT
5th. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Honda Odyssey '03 / 477pp / 1:12.756 / BST
6th. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 / 467pp / 1:12.795 / EDT
7th. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / TVR T350C '03 / 479pp / 1:12.611 / CDT

Back