Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
Finally getting a chance to stop in after being on duty all day yesterday...

Had a great time with the races on Monday night, definitely a great group of racers here. It had been a few months since I had done any very competitive racing, so I'll admit I was a little rusty... If I caused anyone drama with contact or my general moments of sketchy driving, I apologize. It really didn't help that we were having lag issues in the lounge either.

So anyway, great fun! I'll definitely be sorting out another car for next week's action.

:cheers:

Finally getting a chance to stop in after being on duty all day yesterday...

Had a great time with the races on Monday night, definitely a great group of racers here. It had been a few months since I had done any very competitive racing, so I'll admit I was a little rusty... If I caused anyone drama with contact or my general moments of sketchy driving, I apologize. It really didn't help that we were having lag issues in the lounge either.

So anyway, great fun! I'll definitely be sorting out another car for next week's action.

:cheers:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it and definitely glad to hear you will be back.

I missed some good racing with my lag issues on Monday. Hope it doesn't happen again. Haven't had a chance to go online and test it out yet. I may run the same car next week seeing as I didn't really get to race with it this week, if that's okay.

If I can get on, yes. I am hoping to test the Shelby again tonight real quick to see how the clutch feels. Then I will need to get around to picking a round 2 car. I can probably do a Saturday or Sunday evening practice.

I'll probably be around Friday or Sunday night... Just about have this weeks car dialed in, should be submitting my time tomorrow.

Played around a bit tonight. Not sure I am thrilled with the new update for the clutch. I don't notice a difference with upshifting. About the same as before. It really depends on the vehicle and gap in gearing as to whether or not it is easy to power shift. I am having a heck of a time down shifting with the heel/toe though. I am missing 75% of my downshifts. Thinking about trying a different spring in the clutch (either the Nixim or the factory brake spring). Both are much stiffer and might help shoot the clutch back up quicker.

I think I am going with the Silverado SS. It is going to take some serious PP to get it to the time. It's pretty heavy and turns more like a bulldozer than a sports car. Might be good on the straight I kept getting whooped on though.

I thought I was doing pretty well in my wagon last week until we got to Monday, but I couldn't keep up with Mike's Honda Odyssey on the straights for anything during the races... lol

Damn soccer-mom-mobile... :sly:

Evening are not an option for me, but end of afternoon could work on Friday.
I have not noticed any change to how the clutch work since the update.

Update
Round 11 Week 2
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Scion FR-S '12 / 457pp / 1'12.585 / CDT

Removed some rear df from my Scion for less pp.

I thought I was doing pretty well in my wagon last week until we got to Monday, but I couldn't keep up with Mike's Honda Odyssey on the straights for anything during the races... lol

Damn soccer-mom-mobile... :sly:

This is part of the challenge in the Parity League. Now that we're online for qualifying and tuning is allowed, I've been taking tuned cars out of my garage and running them. Even with my limited tuning skills, they corner much better than stock, so I'm way down on HP and PP now for most races, meaning I get destroyed on long stretches but fly through the corners. It's a challenge to race in a group with these kind of differences but it definitely keeps you on your toes and everyone else around you too...:nervous:

Take note also fellas, aero now decreases your top end speed relative to 2.07.

You have a good point Johnny, allowing the tuning brings a new challenge as you might end up with the perfect lapping car PP wise but you might have created a not so competitive racing car for the event.

My priority as always been to be competitive for the race as I have no chance, du to my talent and racing set up ( ABS 0, shifter and Clutch, cockpit view) to get the low PP some of you get, and since some driver in the group are very fast, I need all the advantage for the race I can get to have fun racing with everyone, even with everyone on the same pace.

We may want to keep in mind that the PP/pace qualification is mostly for everyone to show up with the car they want to drive that day lapping in the target pace.
for real bragging rights, we would need to all drive the same car, the same way like for example ABS 0, shifter and Clutch, cockpit view, but that would not be parity league anymore. :)

Wow, looks like it's gonna be a battle of the BRZ/86 GT/FR-S cars this round...

Round #11, Week #2

Naptown25rs / NCemtB / Subaru BRZ S '12 / 455pp / 1'12.645 / EDT

Yes, great minds think alike. LOL

I just tested my entry online in the loundge, usualy I can do about the same pace online and offline, all I have to do is adjust to the different physic, but this time I am more than a second off the pace and I am not able to compensate in any way to go faster.

I went back off line to check if it was not me, or the wheel, but no, offline, right back on the pace.

So I will have to reconsider either my entry car or the PP, most likely my entry, as this car is like a different car online and I am not sure I want to race it anymore.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I might have to try the new Subby too. I have been wanting to race one of those (86/BRZ/etc), and now that there are a couple in the field, might be fun. We will see what I can come up with.

Cote,

Before the BRZ was released on DLC, I did some testing with the 86 GT and FR-S as I was going to use one of them for last week... Like you, I initially test off line in practice mode to get the car in the ball park of where I want it and then go online to do some fine tuning and get my PP set for my timed laps. Once I got the 86 and FR-S into the online lounge I also noticed a pretty big difference in handling, both became very tail happy with lots of oversteer. I ended up scratching that idea in favor of the STI Wagon that I ran...

I had feared the same thing with the BRZ, however I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it is a totally different animal. The BRZ is definitely the most neutral of the 3 cars, and I had to do very little in the way of suspension adjustments once I got it into the online lounge.

I have read reviews about the real life cars, stating that all three are set up differently, again with the BRZ being the most neutral. I have definitely found this to be the same in GT5, with the 86 and FR-S being much more prone to oversteer. I guess it's nice to see that GT5 pays that much attention to detail when taking real life cars and designing the physics for the game.

Try the BRZ, I think you'll find it much more to your liking.

I have found some temp work, which means I have to be up early on Tuesday, so sadly I will miss out on Mondays races. Also I just realised I forgot to post Round #12 targets, they are now up on the front page.

If someone could note down the 3 race results on Monday, then PM them to me, that would be great. Thanks.

Here are my entries.

Round #11 Week 2
mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Volvo C30 R-Design '09 / 478pp / 1:12.513 / BST

Round #12 Week 1
mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Mitsubishi i-Miev '09 / 296pp / 50.688 / BST

Well that is good and stinky at the same time Mike. Is this going to be a consistent temp gig or for several Tuesdays? Is there another evening that would work better? Or maybe even 2 time slots per week? It is hard for me to do anything much earlier than what we do already, but different nights are usually possible.

I have enjoyed opening things up with the higher PP cars, but definitely miss some of the low power really hard tires. Glad to see the next target.

New entry, after trying to get to the pace online with the FT86 G sport concept, unsuccesfully, I am going back to my favorite brand.

Week 11 event 2

Cote Dazur/cotedazur06/Mercedes AMG C63 '08/ 500PP/ 1'12.954/edt

No Tune/ABS0/4-0/paddles/cockpit

Cote, we might have a good drag race down the long straight. I have decided to stick with the Silverado and I am going to be around the 500pp mark as well...about 600hp.

TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Silverado SST Concept / 500pp / 1:12.781 / edt

Always run abs1, bumper view, and almost always use the clutch (although after the new update my heel toe is almost shot).

TrackBound7
TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Silverado SST Concept / 500pp / 1:12.781 / edt

Always run abs1, bumper view, and almost always use the clutch (although after the new update my heel toe is almost shot).

I might have to get my Ford Lightning out to keep up with the rest of you...

We are all lapping at similar lap time, keeping up should not be an issue. Where you are most likely to pass is more of a concern.

Cote Dazur
We are all lapping at similar lap time, keeping up should not be an issue. Where you are most likely to pass is more of a concern.

Last week I was quicker in the corners but couldn't keep up on the straights, and I was losing enough that I wouldn't have been able to make it all up without making bad passes.

I have a feeling that it'll only be worse this week with the BRZ unless I can open a gap to negate the draft, torque definitely isn't it's strong suit.

Hi guys! Have seen your event before, but got a personal invite from Cote so decided to find out some more info.

What time do you race on Monday nights in BST? I saw the deadline for laptime submissions in the OP, but not the race start times.

Also, are you doing another race on Grand Valley east on Sports Mediums?

Thanks.

Last week I was quicker in the corners but couldn't keep up on the straights, and I was losing enough that I wouldn't have been able to make it all up without making bad passes.

I have a feeling that it'll only be worse this week with the BRZ unless I can open a gap to negate the draft, torque definitely isn't it's strong suit.

That long straight on a otherwise fairly technical track is an interesting mix. Plus passing is not so easy as if your off line you wont make the curve. My plan is too loose minimum ground in the twistys and pass draft in the straight .LOL

Back